Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki (30143 Views)

Edo Primary: APC Removes Uzodinma As Chairman, Names Otu As Replacement / Successful Edo Primary: APC Presents Model For Voting During Pandemic - Vanguard / Edo primary: APC writes IGP, PTF to seek clearance for Uzodinma, others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Xfemt(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2020
Bighead9:

İze iyamu is a Pastor and pastors don't steel. grin
419 pastor grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by engrelvis(m): 12:50pm On May 31, 2020
handie:
Why on earth would a 'popular governor' be afraid of direct primaries? With the crisis in Edo APC, d only mode of election that can prevent a repeat of the Zamfara incident is a direct primary election. Why on earth is Obaseki afraid? He has d same access Ize-Iyamu and every other aspirant has to d party faithfuls. What is he jittery about? As an Edo man, truth be say Obaseki too Bleep up. Nobody knew him in Edo political circles prior to 2016. Oshiomole brought him in and practically ran his campaign for him. While I'm against godfatherism, there's what we call political patronage and Obaseki could have done that while still being his own man. But nah, he'd rather engage in an open fight with his predecessor and every party man. Imagine going as far as lobbying to have the NDDC appointment of the ex deputy governor revoked cause he is not from his camp. Would any of the so called progressive governors be happy if the Oshiomole treatment is meted to them by their successors who they almost singlehandedly installed? As for development, forget what u read online. I'm an Edo man and I can tell you for a fact that Obaseki hasn't done zilch apart from some civil service reforms and d repositioning of the primary and post primary education sectors. Infrastructurally, Obaseki is a non performer. How can anyone even be agitating for an indirect primary which is a cesspool of corruption as d few delegates selected can be easily influenced with state funds.
ur really from edo state.infrastructurally obaseki has done very little. Am against Godfatherism but d way obaseki is going about his second tenure is turning to do or die affair.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Bighead9: 12:52pm On May 31, 2020
idahme:

Have u guys ever been wise? Not to talk of been wiser.......u guys are not serious I swear.

E pain this man well. grin grin

Ugly Obaseki must go. grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Bighead9: 12:57pm On May 31, 2020
Xfemt:
419 pastor grin

We are tired of having Ugly people as Governors in Edo state. Obaseki is now the worst. Work e no work, fine e no fine. Na which kind Governor be this ?

4 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by West2019(m): 1:11pm On May 31, 2020
Cosbyrich:

Tinubu will become the president in 2023 and Nigeria will grow positively and exponentially rich.
keep on deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by fistonme(m): 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
ionsman:

Can you mention the GOOD roads Obaseki has done in Benin apart from TV road? Obaseki constructs a road today and in few days, you find they’ve collapsed. What a man!

Exactly!! they say he is wake and see governor. you wake and see a project after a while you wake and you will not see the road again. He is so incapable that a lot of the road projects he awards he never supervise them from beginning to the end. He never even commission them, yet people will say he doesn't commission them because he likes to be silent in achieving. yeye dey smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 31, 2020
bkool7:

Tinubu never visited Ondo before or during the election.
He only sent his boys, and the whole support was covert.
LMAO.. Covert operations niyen
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by fistonme(m): 1:28pm On May 31, 2020
xrayj:

U compare obaseki with Oshiomhole?
Obaseki works across the state from Benin to estako to ubiaja. How can u compare him to someone who was busy working only in his home town? The road oshiomhole refused to do for 8 years in ekpoma, obaseki did within his first two years. Obaseki do not select areas, every part of the state is benefitting from him. U can never compare him with oshiomhole's government! Oshiomhole that almost ruined the state owned university to build his own? Make una dey talk truth small!!!
I fear una!

this is very far from the truth. I am from Oredo in Edo south and I worked in The freedom group at auchi in Edo North. I had the opportunity of using a link road through irrua, uromi and some neighborhoods in Edo central. I will confidently beat my chest and say I saw a lot of road projects constructed by Oshiomole in the three senatorial district. Don't expect Oshiomole to come OK me and tar your parlour before you will accept he did well in his time unlike this my dull technocrat governor that says he is Obaseki. my brother yeye dey smell follow the governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by fistonme(m): 1:34pm On May 31, 2020
Trumpcard05:
Oshiomole is only after Obaseki for his personal interest & that of the hungry & insatiable so called party leaders. It has nothing to do with the wider interest of Edo Citizens.

The state is abuzz with tremendous support for Obaseki and Philip Shaibu. At the appointed time, Oshiomole and his unfortunate co travelers will be put to shame.

no wahala. let him go and get the votes of the Edo people who are benefiting from the so called tremendous" support in a direct primary election or better still let him confidently go to another party and test his popularity since he has tremendous support of Edo people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by ionsman: 1:53pm On May 31, 2020
fistonme:

Exactly!! they say he is wake and see governor. you wake and see a project after a while you wake and you will not see the road again. He is so incapable that a lot of the road projects he awards he never supervise them from beginning to the end. He never even commission them, yet people will say he doesn't commission them because he likes to be silent in achieving. yeye dey smell

You dey mind all these idiots. The man is so inept, it’s appalling. He has to go!

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Miracle1991: 2:06pm On May 31, 2020
Where are those Igbos that said edo is not lagos. You don't do politics with emotions. No wonder they are politically backward.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Austino50: 2:08pm On May 31, 2020
Fail on arrival
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Maliqcious: 2:20pm On May 31, 2020
Tinubu is a great political mastermind.. But what most political analysis don't know is that Oshiomole is asset to the south south and north.. Believe it or not Tinubu need Oshiomole just like Oshiomole needs him in Edo. Less you forget.. Saraki was the reason Tinubu was not paired with Buhari and Oyegun who was Tinubu Close ally couldnt assist in making Falae to be the governor of Kogi though Dino Melaye is part of Yaya Bello victory.. What did Tinubu do? He oust them all.. Now the Ousted all know their archenemy believe Me.. Tinubu can never win 2023.. June12 might repeat itself.(1) Tinubu can't win in the east unlike M.K.O Tinubu won't win in most S.S .. In North would not get 30% so what's the point people believing Tinubu.. To be frank if Tinubu be the A.p.c aspirant come 2023 it a workover for PDP even with Atiku or Saraki
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by seanfer(m): 2:50pm On May 31, 2020
Maliqcious:
Tinubu is a great political mastermind.. But what most political analysis don't know is that Oshiomole is asset to the south south and north.. Believe it or not Tinubu need Oshiomole just like Oshiomole needs him in Edo. Less you forget.. Saraki was the reason Tinubu was not paired with Buhari and Oyegun who was Tinubu Close ally couldnt assist in making Falae to be the governor of Kogi though Dino Melaye is part of Yaya Bello victory.. What did Tinubu do? He oust them all.. Now the Ousted all know their archenemy believe Me.. Tinubu can never win 2023.. June12 might repeat itself.(1) Tinubu can't win in the east unlike M.K.O Tinubu won't win in most S.S .. In North would not get 30% so what's the point people believing Tinubu.. To be frank if Tinubu be the A.p.c aspirant come 2023 it a workover for PDP even with Atiku or Saraki

Tinubu is not contesting for 2023 Presidential election. He will bring someone from the SW. bookmark this page.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Legendguru: 3:02pm On May 31, 2020
really
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Basic123: 3:05pm On May 31, 2020
darecool:

The way Lagos grew from being poor to riches in 20years? How much are you paid to support these evil politicians and their evil hangups
You can Google the IGR and GDP of Lagos in 1999 and 2019

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 31, 2020
seanfer:

Tinubu is not contesting for 2023 Presidential election. He will bring someone from the SW. bookmark this page.
I toe this line of thought. I believe its going to be VP Osinbajo
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Konskott(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2020
Why should Apc governors be involved in aa democratic party issue. If Obaseki has performed well, let the party machinery in Edo state and the national party organ produce him as the candidate and not the governoor's organ!pressure group. Obaseki destroyed the party unity in Edo state, destroyed the legislative assembly in Edo state and failed to carry every party member and leaders in Edo state along. Even if all the apc governors vote for him at the election, Obaseki will still lose if the people reject him. The same governors ought to have engaged Obaseki in fence mending with Oshiomhole instead of conspiring with him to remove Oshiomhole as National Chairman of Apc earlier. With Ize-Iyamu already out as APC candidate, the peace effort is late. The people have rejected egoistic Obaseki. Obaseki should go home and re-enrol in a school to study deeper political science at the post-graduate level.
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Charly68: 3:44pm On May 31, 2020
I really salute all these political parties leaders ,it is not easy managing conflicts of this nature. .moreso where so many backstabbing has been done.. I don't know what Jagaban is going to say to both parties...it is really going to be too dicey. Why did the Governor chose to tow the hard way.. imagine his refusal to swear in 14 house members of his state Assembly..for over a year. He has undermined democracy already. He would have won his party's ticket like Woke had it meant that he managed the situation very well.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by fistonme(m): 5:22pm On May 31, 2020
Maliqcious:

my brother. This is politics not theory as you have been postulating. who ever thought an opposition party will defeat a ruling party as big as pdp? I will always tell people, in the game of politics don't think it is about all you can see. it is like tinted glass. The more you look the less you see. Tinubu will be president of Nigeria come 2023. I rest my case. let's just be patient till 2023. Patience is a virtue. let's imbibe it.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by oruma19: 6:24pm On May 31, 2020
They will remove Obaseki. It's a sad reality. Ize Iyamu on his own can pull 50% of Edo votes without oshiomole and there lies the problem. Asides that, in politics, if someone plans for ur downfall and doesn't succeed, it is only normal for u to bring the person down too. If u forgive before bringing that person down, u have failed because he will bring u down given another opportunity to do so. Oshiomole will only forgive Obaseki after he might have been removed as Governor, any other attempt at leaving him there will wittle down oshio's powers and make him a non entity in Edo state. Like Ambode, like Obaseki, there won't be any difference.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by maasoap(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
What all this illiterates comment above me dont no is that Benin is not Lagos.

Obasike will won and nothing will happens.

People just spoken rubbish hear. Someone should told the illiterates above me that Benin is no lagos

Lol. Says the boy who knows nothing about politics, not to talk of APC. Those who put Obaseki there in the first place are also the ones removing him now. He's a goner, no miracle can see him through the APC primary! He's done

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by maasoap(m): 6:48pm On May 31, 2020
Blackmann001:

Stop sayi g what you don't know..... Is tinubu bigger than obj in Africa or the world..?

We're talking about relevance in Nigeria politics and APC internal politics, you're saying Africa and the world! Is Tinubu contesting for African or world president? Receive sense

NO ONE I. AFRICA RESPECTS TINUBU CUZ HE IS SYNANYMOUS WITH CORUPTION...... But the all listen to abj.....

Because Obj with billions of naira of Nigeria money in his pocket is the Saint here. Tinubu ruled Lagos state, remember. Obj is the bigger thief.

How many inportant Africa wide conferences have you seen tinubu....? NIGERIA is just a corruption celebrating country hence tinubu is still celebrated

Tinubu political relevance in Nigeria can be seen by just looking at how many people he has lifted up politically. His influence in local politics reverberates across the nation. Your Obj is irrelevant in local politics. He has no electoral relevance
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by AntonVince: 7:50pm On May 31, 2020
fistonme:

my brother. This is politics not theory as you have been postulating. who ever thought an opposition party will defeat a ruling party as big as pdp? I will always tell people, in the game of politics don't think it is about all you can see. it is like tinted glass. The more you look the less you see. Tinubu will be president of Nigeria come 2023. I rest my case. let's just be patient till 2023. Patience is a virtue. let's imbibe it.

Should Tinubu fly the APC's ticket, then I assure you that Atiku will win the election before 10:00am (even before 30%) of votes have been cast! grin

Osinbajo is the only sellable SW APC candidate.
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by subcbouy: 7:50pm On May 31, 2020
Medicine after death amount to useless exercise. Let the dead bury the dead.
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Xpol: 8:01pm On May 31, 2020
So if he's afraid of direct primary how is he going to win the general election
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Ogagawhite(f): 8:46pm On May 31, 2020
We hear sir

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by adekolaelect(m): 9:12pm On May 31, 2020
Obaseki for not allowing those voted 14 Honourables to get access to their Cakes you too shall witness how bitter it is .why are you afraid of direct primary when you proved to be a popular governor in that state ? Which constitution are you following for taking 10 ahead of 14 state house of assembly ?? You don't even afraid of litigation against your 4 years administration ? It a big shame how some governors turned themselves to small god with their impunity .now you want second term again in continuation of your dictatorship activities ?

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Blackmann001: 9:19pm On May 31, 2020
maasoap:

We're talking about relevance in Nigeria politics and APC internal politics, you're saying Africa and the world! Is Tinubu contesting for African or world president? Receive sense

Because Obj with billions of naira of Nigeria money in his pocket is the Saint here. Tinubu ruled Lagos state, remember. Obj is the bigger thief.

Tinubu political relevance in Nigeria can be seen by just looking at how many people he has lifted up politically. His influence in local politics reverberates across the nation. Your Obj is irrelevant in local politics. He has no electoral relevance

I pity your life decisions!
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by osazsky(m): 12:16am On Jun 01, 2020
Cosbyrich:

Tinubu will become the president in 2023 and Nigeria will grow positively and exponentially rich.
we northerners will nerver allow that we are born to rule u guys in d west are less than 20 percent how e wan take happen and our bro from the south have not forgiven u guys for wat u did to jeg so dont expect anything from them..no need to mention igbo amaka
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by haffaze777(m): 1:55am On Jun 01, 2020
osazsky:
we northerners will nerver allow that we are born to rule u guys in d west are less than 20 percent how e wan take happen and our bro from the south have not forgiven u guys for wat u did to jeg so dont expect anything from them..no need to mention igbo amaka

osazsky:
the thing weak me afonja and northers in Jo's go just they talk nonsence .they think obaseki is ambode .house way block road .abeg there is no case here obaseki carry on sir we love u

Be proud of our tribe or better still Change your tribe to Hausa Fulani,why hiding your tribe if you ain't disgrace to your people

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Otti Attends APC Cacaus Meeting / Moghalu Reacts To Nanono & Mamman's Sack As Ministers / Shekh Gumi: Bandits Deserve Respect, Empathy, They Have Children, Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.