Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki (30131 Views)

Edo Primary: APC Removes Uzodinma As Chairman, Names Otu As Replacement / Successful Edo Primary: APC Presents Model For Voting During Pandemic - Vanguard / Edo primary: APC writes IGP, PTF to seek clearance for Uzodinma, others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Cosbyrich: 10:51am On May 31, 2020
AntonVince:

Tinubu will be president of your family.
Supporter of criminals!

And your family too except you run to Ivory Coast grin
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Karlifate: 10:56am On May 31, 2020
ddippset:
grin grin

Why are you calling everybody ugly?

Do you have a problem with ugly people?
Ignore that moniker. He's looking for cheap internet attention to make himself feel good with his frustrated life.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Emarvel(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2020
handie:
Why on earth would a 'popular governor' be afraid of direct primaries? With the crisis in Edo APC, d only mode of election that can prevent a repeat of the Zamfara incident is a direct primary election. Why on earth is Obaseki afraid? He has d same access Ize-Iyamu and every other aspirant has to d party faithfuls. What is he jittery about? As an Edo man, truth be say Obaseki too Bleep up. Nobody knew him in Edo political circles prior to 2016. Oshiomole brought him in and practically ran his campaign for him. While I'm against godfatherism, there's what we call political patronage and Obaseki could have done that while still being his own man. But nah, he'd rather engage in an open fight with his predecessor and every party man. Imagine going as far as lobbying to have the NDDC appointment of the ex deputy governor revoked cause he is not from his camp. Would any of the so called progressive governors be happy if the Oshiomole treatment is meted to them by their successors who they almost singlehandedly installed? As for development, forget what u read online. I'm an Edo man and I can tell you for a fact that Obaseki hasn't done zilch apart from some civil service reforms and d repositioning of the primary and post primary education sectors. Infrastructurally, Obaseki is a non performer. How can anyone even be agitating for an indirect primary which is a cesspool of corruption as d few delegates selected can be easily influenced with state funds.

Your post was making a lil sense b4 you said he has done nothing in terms of development.
Which part of benin do you reside?

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by shedify: 11:05am On May 31, 2020
handie:
Why on earth would a 'popular governor' be afraid of direct primaries? With the crisis in Edo APC, d only mode of election that can prevent a repeat of the Zamfara incident is a direct primary election. Why on earth is Obaseki afraid? He has d same access Ize-Iyamu and every other aspirant has to d party faithfuls. What is he jittery about? As an Edo man, truth be say Obaseki too Bleep up. Nobody knew him in Edo political circles prior to 2016. Oshiomole brought him in and practically ran his campaign for him. While I'm against godfatherism, there's what we call political patronage and Obaseki could have done that while still being his own man. But nah, he'd rather engage in an open fight with his predecessor and every party man. Imagine going as far as lobbying to have the NDDC appointment of the ex deputy governor revoked cause he is not from his camp. Would any of the so called progressive governors be happy if the Oshiomole treatment is meted to them by their successors who they almost singlehandedly installed? As for development, forget what u read online. I'm an Edo man and I can tell you for a fact that Obaseki hasn't done zilch apart from some civil service reforms and d repositioning of the primary and post primary education sectors. Infrastructurally, Obaseki is a non performer. How can anyone even be agitating for an indirect primary which is a cesspool of corruption as d few delegates selected can be easily influenced with state funds.
...One cold beer for u

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by MarrisManah(m): 11:08am On May 31, 2020
destinychildolu:

We still have some sensible and objective commentators on nairaland.
That's only sensible by half, see, when you guys make case for popularity, I ask: since when did our elections become free and fair and only popular candidates won?

How popular was Obaseki as against ize-iyamu in the last general elections and did popularity won it for POI? Our issue is inconsistency! If it's direct primary, let it be accross board! Not some disgruntled godfather wannabe trying to be smart.

Political patronage is corruption! That's the very bane that led to the development of leaders that are more loyal to an individual than the state and country at large. You know the end result.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by naijaman2225(m): 11:19am On May 31, 2020
xrayj:

U compare obaseki with Oshiomhole?
Obaseki works across the state from Benin to estako to ubiaja. How can u compare him to someone who was busy working only in his home town? The road oshiomhole refused to do for 8 years in ekpoma, obaseki did within his first two years. Obaseki do not select areas, every part of the state is benefitting from him. U can never compare him with oshiomhole's government! Oshiomhole that almost ruined the state owned university to build his own? Make una dey talk truth small!!!
I fear una!

I WISH I CAN GIVE YOU A MILLION LIKES.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by daisidgreat(m): 11:21am On May 31, 2020
Bighead9:
Ugly Obaseki must go, we no wan here stories. The good people of Edo are tired of his incompetence.

İze Iyamu is our next Governor, Edo people are wiser now.
Stupidity at its peak....SMH
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by doubleportion: 11:29am On May 31, 2020
EcoBrick:
Obaseki should stop going from pillar to post and just trust his popularity. Aketi is his mate and has indicated that he is ready for any form of primary.

There is difference between been strong willed and a politician, a too strong willed man cannot be a politician, because in politics there is give and take.
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by naijaman2225(m): 11:29am On May 31, 2020
uau:
U are talking thrash. This is the best governor that Edo state has ever produced. I am not from Edo state but I live there and support PDP. But I am fully in support of him. U talk of roads, it is uncountable. Ugbor-amagba, Irhirhi-ebo-sapele road, GRA etc.

THANK YOU. WHAT YOU SAID IS JUST IN ONE SENATORIAL ZONE. IT IS ON RECORD THAT HE THE SAME THING IN THE OTHER TWO SENATORIAL ZONES. THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS OBVIOUS: CORRUPTION IS FIGHTING BACK AGAINST OBASEKI.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by seunmsg(m): 11:30am On May 31, 2020
I still don’t get why political office holders turn around to fight the same set of people that suffered to get them elected in the first place. So many of us were very worried when Obaseki started the unnecessary public attack on Oshiomhole and other Edo State APC leaders. Some very few paperweight politicians and some opposition members were pushing him and he was dancing to their tunes. Every effort made by party leaders within and outside the state to nib the crisis in the bud was shut down by the governor.

The governors forum is a very powerful group but I really don’t think they can do much for Obaseki at this point in time. I don’t think a common ground can be found between the feuding parties. The best solution is for the governors and all lovers of the party to insist on a free, fair and credible primary election between Osagie Ize-Iyamu and Obaseki. Whoever emerged from the primary should be supported by all the factions. Any other arrangement would not work.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by walex2(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2020
Haywhysat:
Where are all these edo state no be lagos, all these small small children that don't know politics
dont mind them they dont know politics is more than social media ranting, even with indirect primary Obaseki is gone NWC gives out register of who to be the delegates

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by AntonVince: 11:42am On May 31, 2020
Cosbyrich:

And your family too except you run to Ivory Coast grin

Your illusory Tinubu presidency pursuit will fritter away soon enough right before your own eyes. You just watch, buddy.

In fact, in your own interest, you'd better perished the thought of a South Westerner occupying Aso Rock in 2023.
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Xfemt(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2020
Bighead9:
Ugly Obaseki must go, we no wan here stories. The good people of Edo are tired of his incompetence.

İze Iyamu is our next Governor, Edo people are wiser now.
make I hear word
poi is no longer a thief again abi!

hypocrites every were

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by 7lives: 11:48am On May 31, 2020
handie:

Lo ba tan.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by handie(m): 11:48am On May 31, 2020
Emarvel:

Your post was making a lil sense b4 you said he has done nothing in terms of development.
Which part of benin do you reside?
I reside in Ugbowo, do my classes in Ekenwan and Also travel to Edo north on a frequent basis. Can you honestly compare his first term to Oshiomole's as regards infrastructure?

3 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Nobody: 11:51am On May 31, 2020
SmartProf:
How do you go and meet a National leader of ur party who birthed the way to use direct primary system to oust his own state governor? It won't work. I believe Tinubu is the back bone of Oshiomole and he dictates back stage what he should do...as far as I am concerned obaseki has proven a lot that he is bigger than being a stooge, let him now be bold enough to realise his ambition in a different political party, and let's just observe. Afterall, their fights are never meant to serve the people but their pockets and power influence
You're part of Obasekis problems

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by nickxtra(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2020
athaboi:
I know that obaseki will have his way at the end of the day considering the fact that it's only oshiomole that is fighting him and oshiomole himself have so many enemies so he will be pressured to stop
Who told you that it's only Oshiomole that is fighting him?

Check out some of the names fighting Obaseki
Osa Okunbor, Billionaire and politician
Gen. Charles Ahriabvare, former Governorship candidate of PDP
Sen. Samson Osagie, former Senator, Edo South
Sen. Francis Alimikhena, serving Senator, Edo North
Lucky Imasuen, former Deputy Governor
Chris Ogiewenyi, former Minister
Pius Odubu, former Deputy Governor
Engr. Abubabar Momoh, former House of Rep Member,
Infact, almost 70% of the shakers and movers of politics in Edo State are not with the Governor.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by nickxtra(m): 11:59am On May 31, 2020
Xfemt:
make I hear word

hypocrites every were
Who is not a thief among all Nigerian politicians?

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Xfemt(m): 12:05pm On May 31, 2020
nickxtra:
Who is not a thief among all Nigerian politicians?
since u no why supporting him
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by 7lives: 12:06pm On May 31, 2020
darecool:

The way Lagos grew from being poor to riches in 20years? How much are you paid to support these evil politicians and their evil hangups

Show me a state in Nigeria, that have grown more than Lagos in the last 20 years.
Enu o she, enu o she.
Ariwo ko ni music o.
Empty barrel lo ma npa ariwo, ariwo ko ni music o.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by ionsman: 12:15pm On May 31, 2020
uau:
U are talking thrash. This is the best governor that Edo state has ever produced. I am not from Edo state but I live there and support PDP. But I am fully in support of him. U talk of roads, it is uncountable. Ugbor-amagba, Irhirhi-ebo-sapele road, GRA etc.

Okay.
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by ionsman: 12:16pm On May 31, 2020
xrayj:

U compare obaseki with Oshiomhole?
Obaseki works across the state from Benin to estako to ubiaja. How can u compare him to someone who was busy working only in his home town? The road oshiomhole refused to do for 8 years in ekpoma, obaseki did within his first two years. Obaseki do not select areas, every part of the state is benefitting from him. U can never compare him with oshiomhole's government! Oshiomhole that almost ruined the state owned university to build his own? Make una dey talk truth small!!!
I fear una!

Lmao. You’re a compound f00l.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by xrayj(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2020
ionsman:

Lmao. I am a compound f00l.
Go lie to your people about Edo state, but if u think u can deceive anyone here with your lies, u have failed!

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by xrayj(m): 12:28pm On May 31, 2020
uau:

God bless u sir!
They are all against Obaseki, because he has refused to share Edo treasury to the likes of oshiomhole & other top party members, but rather he decided to develop the state with it.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by 7lives: 12:30pm On May 31, 2020
nickxtra:
Who told you that it's only Oshiomole that is fighting him?

Check out some of the names fighting Obaseki
Osa Okunbor, Billion and politician
Gen. Charles Ahriabvare, former Governorship candidate of PDP
Sen. Samson Osagie, former Senator, Edo South
Sen. Francis Alimikhena, serving Senator, Edo North
Lucky Imasuen, former Deputy Governor
Chris Ogiewenyi, former Minister
Pius Odubu, former Deputy Governor
Engr. Abubabar Momoh, former House of Rep Member,
Infact, almost 70% of the shakers and movers of politics in Edo State are not with the Governor.
La war o.
How can this be?, these are the people who made him the governor.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by xrayj(m): 12:33pm On May 31, 2020
naijaman2225:

THANK YOU. WHAT YOU SAID IS JUST IN ONE SENATORIAL ZONE. IT IS ON RECORD THAT HE THE SAME THING IN THE OTHER TWO SENATORIAL ZONES. THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS OBVIOUS: CORRUPTION IS FIGHTING BACK AGAINST OBASEKI.
God bless u for the bold sir!
Wonder how all those who labelled pastor ize iyamu thief few years ago, have suddenly turned to say he is now saint? Our leaders are very selfish, the future of this country is very bleak!

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by nickxtra(m): 12:41pm On May 31, 2020
7lives:

La war o.
How can this be?, these are the people who made him the governor.
They are. Obaseki was too careless to have been used and misadvised by SSG, Ogie and the Deputy Governor, Shuaibu. Apart from these 2 personalities and Odigie Oyegun, Obaseki camp lacks heavy weight politicians in the foregoing battle. Only God will save him. If at all he negotiates his way through, I bet you, the Deputy Governorship position will be traded in favour of the other camp. In that case, current Deputy Governor will loose out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Reinvented: 12:44pm On May 31, 2020
It is high time Obaseki joins PDP otherwise he won't be contesting Edo 2020 elections. Or he can just get a PDP stooge to help him get the ticket and takeover thr ticket after APC piomaries. My small advice sha.

1 Like

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by fistonme(m): 12:44pm On May 31, 2020
athaboi:
I know that obaseki will have his way at the end of the day considering the fact that it's only oshiomole that is fighting him and oshiomole himself have so many enemies so he will be pressured to stop

be patient and you will see that it is not just Oshiomole that is against Obaseki. He has fought against most elders of the party in Edo state for the past 3years forgetting a time will come when he will need their help to come back for second term. June 22 is about three weeks from now. let's be patient.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Bighead9: 12:46pm On May 31, 2020
Xfemt:
make I hear word

hypocrites every were

İze iyamu is a Pastor and pastors don't steel. grin
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Modikko(m): 12:46pm On May 31, 2020
What for? Let them just test their popularity. The winner takes it.
Re: Edo Primary: APC Governors To Meet Tinubu Over Obaseki by Bighead9: 12:49pm On May 31, 2020
daisidgreat:

Stupidity at its peak....SMH

See painment.

Ugly Obaseki and his supporters go wail tire, when we vote him out in September.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Will Teach Wike Big Lesson Soon — Primate Ayodele / Obasanjo Visits President Buhari (Photo) / Shopping Mall In Igando, Lagos Flooded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.