Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG (21538 Views)

Guidelines For Validation Of Rapid Test Kits In Lagos / Jack Ma Helps Africa Fight Coronavirus. Donates Masks, Test Kits To African / We Are Not Stopping Chinese, Italians, Others From Visiting Nigeria — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Primusinterpares(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

It remains banned until it's efficiency can be improved, if they use inefficient things you will still blame them.

How can you guys be ever pleased.
So what will happen if we exhaust all the "efficient" supplies from China n Us? So we will just be @ home locked down yet no testing is being carried out ni. Oga lets us start n we continue to improve on it day by day... It's a step in the right direction rather than standing still with arms folded.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Primusinterpares(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2020
hardbody:

Solution to which problem exactly?
The Global pandemic that's revaging The world n Nigeria in particular that has made Chevron planning on over 10% retrenchments of their work force, Many companies in Nigeria has folded up, it has made Nigeria major source of income to fall below $30 per barel, it has made all the institutions of learning locked for over two months n counting, it has made you wear nose mask upandan, it has made you carry sanitizer everywhere you go... And you still ain't seeing it yet
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Naijaarchive(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Meanwhile........
cheesy grin grin this meme got me
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:41am On May 31, 2020
Primusinterpares:
So what will happen if we exhaust all the "efficient" supplies from China n Us? So we will just be @ home locked down yet no testing is being carried out ni. Oga lets us start n we continue to improve on it day by day... It's a step in the right direction rather than standing still with arms folded.
in medical line, we cannot afford to use substandard materials.
This is an issue concerning life.
It must reach international standards or be discarded
Sorry but science did not reach its lofty heights by running on emotions.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Primusinterpares(m): 11:41am On May 31, 2020
Vatod:
because last last everything na scam!!!
Hummmm bros ... Not everything be scam...

The thing be say for one reason or another Divinity, Nature, Just one thing that I don't know has decided to shield us from the full wrath of the pandemic that's why our government is making politics out of it cashing out here n there n inflicting pains on the masses while serious looting is ongoing they hide under the arms of the pandemic

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Primusinterpares(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

in medical line, we cannot afford to use substandard materials.
This is an issue concerning life.
It must reach international standards or be discarded
Sorry but science did not reach its lofty heights by running on emotions.
very true bro... But certainly it didn't reached it's heights at once... It started from somewhere and continually improved and evolved and trust me... These "benchmark" we set as standard in today's medicine will soon become obsolete and new ones will put in place...It's called growth, development or improvement.

But it all started somewhere...
Let's start with what we have and we continually to improve on it. That my point.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Meel: 11:46am On May 31, 2020
joyandfaith:

they do not have the power. try to read nadfac act very well. even pcn does not regulate importation and safety concerns on drugs. pcn can only advice nafdac.
which category will you place Rapid Diagnostic kit ?? medical device or invitro diagnostic devices.

from the below acts nafdac jurisdiction is
food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices,
bottled water and chemicals.
while MLSCN jurisdiction is production, importation, sales and stocking of diagnostic laboratory reagents and chemicals.

MLSCN even published a guideline sometimes ago , in regards to importation of kits.

In 2003, the MLSCN Act was passed which empowers MLSCN to, inter alia, regulate
the production, importation, sales and stocking of diagnostic laboratory reagents and
chemicals (in-vitro diagnostics (IVDs)). Subsequently on 5th September, 2013, the
MLSCN Public Health IVDs control laboratory was commissioned by the President of
Nigeria. The MLSCN Public Health IVDs control laboratory mandate is to ensure that
only quality IVDs enter the Nigerian market, and stamp out all fake and adulterated
IVDs in line with the international standard and the vision of the MLSCN; to be a world
acclaimed regulatory agency driving the culture of quality and efficient health laboratory
care to the public.

Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by EKEKPROHJACKSO(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2020
That's good one
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Futurejoy(f): 12:17pm On May 31, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Only legends can understand.....indomie generation will think garri was once blue...
Lol....This Omo frustrated my life back then, something that doesn’t foam well
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Nostradamus: 12:18pm On May 31, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Only legends can understand.....indomie generation will think garri was once blue...
I remember this detergent cool

Na perfect throwback be this sha!!
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by joyandfaith: 12:27pm On May 31, 2020
Meel:

which category will you place Rapid Diagnostic kit ?? medical device or invitro diagnostic devices.

from the below acts nafdac jurisdiction is
food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices,
bottled water and chemicals.
while MLSCN jurisdiction is production, importation, sales and stocking of diagnostic laboratory reagents and chemicals.

MLSCN even published a guideline sometimes ago , in regards to importation of kits.

In 2003, the MLSCN Act was passed which empowers MLSCN to, inter alia, regulate
the production, importation, sales and stocking of diagnostic laboratory reagents and
chemicals (in-vitro diagnostics (IVDs)). Subsequently on 5th September, 2013, the
MLSCN Public Health IVDs control laboratory was commissioned by the President of
Nigeria. The MLSCN Public Health IVDs control laboratory mandate is to ensure that
only quality IVDs enter the Nigerian market, and stamp out all fake and adulterated
IVDs in line with the international standard and the vision of the MLSCN; to be a world
acclaimed regulatory agency driving the culture of quality and efficient health laboratory
care to the public.

what are medical devices?

"Medical device’ means any instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, appliance, implant, reagent for in vitro use, software, material or other similar or related article, intended by the manufacturer to be used, alone or in combination, for human beings, for one or more of the specific medical purpose"-WHO

I am aware mlscn can make regulations and it is duty of nafdac to be guided by mlscn regulations in certification of medical devices. also note that nafdac is similar to USFDA which also regulates medical devices, drugs amongst others.
I feel mlscn should have strong presence in nafdac.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 31, 2020
letout:

I hated this detergent. Never lathers

Only the fake one. I used to love rubbing it dry on my palm before pouring water on it back them.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:32pm On May 31, 2020
Primusinterpares:
very true bro... But certainly it didn't reached it's heights at once... It started from somewhere and continually improved and evolved and trust me... These "benchmark" we set as standard in today's medicine will soon become obsolete and new ones will put in place...It's called growth, development or improvement.

But it all started somewhere...
Let's start with what we have and we continually to improve on it. That my point.

Chief, I have worked in the highest standards of the industry, and I know the effects of litigation.
Am an engineer, but have worked in the medical line, . There is some called a standard through which everything is measured and documented.
If it is not up to standard it is discarded because no one is ready to take up the consequences of what was not up to standard
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Tife20: 2:33pm On May 31, 2020
Join our community start posting

www.talkpalsforum.com

Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Legendguru: 3:06pm On May 31, 2020
ok
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 31, 2020
useless government, they say there's a killer disease on ground, yet they don't look for cures, and they prevent other scientist from looking for cures, they re only interested in posting audio infection statistics.

Damn useless indeed.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by remi4ever(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2020
Primusinterpares:
this detergent that year... They will now tie it in nylon n sell #5 for paint bucket.
Lolzzzz

Haaaaaaaaa!!! Oga, take am easy paint bucket bawo??

grin grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:00pm On May 31, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
omo detergent
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by letout: 4:14pm On May 31, 2020
iamloyalty:

Only the fake one. I used to love rubbing it dry on my palm before pouring water on it back them.

It couldn’t be compared to the real blue detergent- Elephant.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Primusinterpares(m): 5:13pm On May 31, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

Chief, I have worked in the highest standards of the industry, and I know the effects of litigation.
Am an engineer, but have worked in the medical line, . There is some called a standard through which everything is measured and documented.
If it is not up to standard it is discarded because no one is ready to take up the consequences of what was not up to standard
True ... I agree with you. But local content should be encouraged and we can build from there. If we keep shunning everything that comes from us on the ground of it's not up to world standard then we won't grow.
Look at Aba made... If we encourage our local Aba made with time it will gain the need push to compete with international standard... But we gat start from somewhere.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by SavageMaster: 5:17pm On May 31, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:

Please explain oh.
I'm not indomie generation but I don't think I came across this
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:32pm On May 31, 2020
Primusinterpares:
True ... I agree with you. But local content should be encouraged and we can build from there. If we keep shunning everything that comes from us on the ground of it's not up to world standard then we won't grow.
Look at Aba made... If we encourage our local Aba made with time it will gain the need push to compete with international standard... But we gat start from somewhere.
We got to start from somewhere, not where health is concerned.
In Science we stand on the shoulders of giants.
Would you like to be used as an experiment.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2020
coronavirus is going to leave Nigeria when it leaves USA
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Ogagawhite(f): 8:57pm On May 31, 2020
Ban or band Nigeria go still do like 9ja

Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by Primusinterpares(m): 9:49pm On May 31, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

We got to start from somewhere, not where health is concerned.
In Science we stand on the shoulders of giants.
Would you like to be used as an experiment.
It's well...
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by hardbody: 11:49pm On May 31, 2020
Primusinterpares:
The Global pandemic that's revaging The world n Nigeria in particular that has made Chevron planning on over 10% retrenchments of their work force, Many companies in Nigeria has folded up, it has made Nigeria major source of income to fall below $30 per barel, it has made all the institutions of learning locked for over two months n counting, it has made you wear nose mask upandan, it has made you carry sanitizer everywhere you go... And you still ain't seeing it yet

Which global pandemic? Do you watch the global media and see people dying in US, Italy, France and more recently Mexico and Brazil?

Why are your own deaths in Nigeria shrouded in secrecy. May God not let you people suffer what the others are suffering in the name of Covid 19. Your people are scamming you blind and bandying figures around to make their own fair share of global money from the common purse and you guys are too blinded to and dumb to smell the coffee. Y'all shall remain in servitude. No be curse.
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by johnkey: 2:18am On Jun 01, 2020
Dpharisee:
Where is Felix Terungwa with the moniker , I have observed that people jumpover his comments instead of cancelling his gibberish these days.

NCDC does not want their scam to be exposed with further testing of patients by independent labs
lol how do you know? once I see manna... I just scroll fast down that dude fücking annoying
Re: COVID-19: Rapid Test Kits Banned In Nigeria - FG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:27am On Jun 01, 2020
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. / Thunderstorm Kills Three Anambra Pupils On Football Field / See Photos Of Brave Nigerian Health Volunteers Battling Ebola Virus In Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.