Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,155 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:00 AM

Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election (46350 Views)

Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes / Fate Of 7 Governors Uncertain / APC Chairmanship: 7 Governors, Tinubu, Akande Endorse Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by DEROX: 2:13am On Jun 01, 2020
Peacemaker5128:
Pigs will not like this
grin painful thing is that they can only wail in sorrow

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by lastpage: 2:14am On Jun 01, 2020
Anazp:
When did Tinubu become this strong? I know some people won't like this news

Its not about Tinubu being strong or weak, it is about Obaseki being DESPERATE!
We warned him long ago that the path he is threading will lead to his downfall but he said he is the owner of Edo State and Lagos cannot elect governor for Edo.
True, but why is he running helter skelter now, looking for people to beg on his behalf?
Shameless man.
Tinubu was alive when obaseki was acting like a tin-god, he did not listen or call Tinubu by then.
I am certain that Tinubu knows better than to expend his scarce Political Capital on a lost cause like Obaseki.
Those who the Gods are about to destroy, they first make them drunk and mad with Power
- African Proverb.

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by duwdu: 2:29am On Jun 01, 2020
customstreet:
1. I don't believe Obaseki is a good politician. A fight of two rounds, he has exhausted his energy in the first round

2. Apart from Bagudu that was mentioned, all other governors are pro Oshiomole.

3. To my believe, the meeting was just caricature to fulfil all the righteousness that they tried to helped him. But Alas, nothing good will come out of the meeting as Obaseki faith has been sealed after Oshiomole survived his removal

4. In as much as I don't like what Obaseki did, I still have the feeling that Ize Iyamu might be worse than Obaseki

5. Oshiomole I know will not forgive Obaseki because doing so will mean Oshio has drugged his own political grave if Obaseki come back. Remember, that short man is very stubborn. He did it to Amosun and Okorocha.

6. He will not allow mistakes he made in both Zamfara and Bayelsa to repeat itself in Edo. All permutations@@@.
has been evaluated

7. I wish all of them good luck.

We'll stated; your head dey dia.

P34c3

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by AreaFada2: 3:05am On Jun 01, 2020
seunmsg:
I[b] still don’t get why political office holders turn around to fight the same set of people that suffered to get them elected in the first place[/b]. So many of us were very worried when Obaseki started the unnecessary public attacks on Oshiomhole and other Edo State APC leaders. Some very few paperweight politicians and some opposition members were pushing him and he was dancing to their tunes. Every effort made by party leaders within and outside the state to nib the crisis in the bud was shut down by the governor.

The intervention of APC governors is a welcome development even though it is coming very late but I really don’t think they can do much for Obaseki at this point in time. I don’t think a common ground can be found between the feuding parties in Edo State. What they are doing now is what they should have done about a year ago. Aso obo omoye mo, omoye ti rihoho woja.

Anyway, the best solution is for the governors and all lovers of the party to insist on a free, fair, and credible primary election between Osagie Ize-Iyamu and Obaseki. God knows I don’t like size-Iyamu but Obaseki has put himself in a very tight corner unnecessarily. Whoever emerged from the primary should be supported by all the factions. Any other arrangement would not work.

We the masses are the dummies in such affairs.

Fact is such godfathers are too greedy. They want to be governors by proxy. Oshiomhole even wrote the list of Obaseki's SEC members.

Loyalty can be pushed to far at times.

Remember that while Oshiomhole had a recognisable name as NLC leader, he had no money. Obaseki used his business/investment contacts to mobilise funds for Oshio. It got even harder when Oshio lost to Professor Osunbor in 2007. The court battles to Oshio victory cost lots of money. Many people had left Oshio camp after losing the governorship election.

In 9ja, politics relies heavily on money. Especially when starting out.
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Chicastle: 3:06am On Jun 01, 2020
Nexus25:
The same Tinubu they all insulted!

Edo is not Lagos now, why begging Tinubu?

He is one of the founding father of the political party. Oshiomole is an appointee inside the organization.

He is the Asiwaju of Lagos state.

Wait let them run their things while

We stay back and watch
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by HRMK: 3:25am On Jun 01, 2020
WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY!SO,JAGABAN WILL GIVE OBASEKI SECOND TERM OVER OSHIOMOLE?YEYE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Nobody: 3:27am On Jun 01, 2020
Obaseki has beaten more than he can chew. Unfortunately he is beginning to realise what he was doing was wrong but it is too late to cry when the head is off

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by HRMK: 3:31am On Jun 01, 2020
WHICH KANU ARE U TALKING ABT?THE CLONED KANU?IF HIS SUPPORTERS CULD BLV BUHARI IS CLONED,KANU,TOO CULD BE TOO!HE CULD BE CHIN CHU FROM CHINA........HAHAHA.............

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by HRMK: 3:43am On Jun 01, 2020
WHOEVER PAYS THE PIPER DICTATES THE TUNE!WHAT IS WRONG IN REAPING IN WHAT U SOW?NOTHING BAD IN THAT!OSHIOMOLE HAS EVERY RIGHT!!

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by bottlewater1(m): 3:57am On Jun 01, 2020
xynerise:
They have made Tinubu the god of APC.
[s]
xynerise:
[/s]
xynerise:

tinubu is the god of APC
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by RunThins: 4:29am On Jun 01, 2020
If this is true, then it goes to show that in politics, when you go for the jugular, like Obaseki and his cohorts did when they went after Oshiomhole's political career; you best finish the job. The truth is every debt comes due, and this is pay back time for the hatchet job they did a few months ago. Sadly enough, their failure then and the resulting outcome of this "cap in hand" expedition is a very glaring reason why both Tinubu and Oshiomhole must not step in front of this train for Obaseki. If they make the mistake of doing so; a year or two from now, it might be both Tinubu and Oshiomhole that will be prostrating in front of Obaseki, and going be antecedents, the world would hear it all. Word on the street is you reap what you sow! Enjoy Emperor-Governor!

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Arewa1408: 4:48am On Jun 01, 2020
Anazp:
When did Tinubu become this strong? I know some people won't like this news

God Almighty first, then Tinubu, made Buhari President in 2015 - FYI.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by OkoAmarashy: 4:51am On Jun 01, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:

shut up!!!

This is one of the animals who ruined Obaseki with foolish advice. They should hang you upside down over low fire.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Afamed: 5:09am On Jun 01, 2020
obembet:

Since 2003.. Am very small then.. But I hear that he's the only one that tackle OBJ
You were really small then to have reffered Tinubu political history 2003. IBB and Abacha during NADECO / Tinubu is still fresh in the memory

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Afamed: 5:15am On Jun 01, 2020
martineverest:
lol...Edo north is more of a minority in Edo state.....u think esans and binis will give Oshiomhole space?

PDP currently own Edo State, politically....their problem is that they don't have candidate..obaseki is the only reason why APC will win Edo

And Pastor Iyamu is from Birningwari in federal capital Territory?

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Afamed: 5:33am On Jun 01, 2020
jaxxy:

The only thing that saved Oshiomole was covid19. That was he’s saving grace and obaseki error or miscalculation. Oshiomole was already in obaseki’s cage until Coronavirus happened. Nothing more. It’s not same scenario as ambode.
If you truly know the party constitution, you will know Obaseki was placing nothing on something from onset. Buhari cant singlehandedly remove Oshiomole from office talkless of a Gov. Majority of you ,just comment out of ignorance
That was why PMB and Tinubu allowed Obaseki and his gangs to fool themselves before coming in at the end of the whole episode

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by 27Pushing30: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2020
martineverest:
u really don't know what's happening in Edo state..obaseki is the only reason why Edo will vote APC

I’m a bini man with family centered around Uniben.

Don’t bobo yourself. Who knows Obaseki? Who voted Obaseki in the last election? Ize iyamu is a VERY POPULAR candidate.

APC will win . Question actually is will Obaseki get the ticket or will it be Ize Iyamu.

The winning party is already APC that’s why Obaseki isn’t interested in Decamping same way Ambode wasn’t interested in decamping even after losing his bid at the primary stage.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by 27Pushing30: 6:24am On Jun 01, 2020
RunThins:
If this is true, then it goes to show that in politics, when you go for the jugular, like Obaseki and his cohorts did when they went after Oshiomhole's political career; you best finish the job. The truth is every debt comes due, and this is pay back time for the hatchet job they did a few month's ago. Sadly enough, their failure then and the resulting outcome of this "cap in hand" expedition is a very glaring reason why both Tinubu and Oshiomhole must not step in front of this train for Obaseki. If they make the mistake of doing so; a year or two from now, it might be both Tinubu and Oshiomhole that will be prostrating in front of Obaseki, and going be antecedents; the world would hear it all. Word on the street is you reap what you sow! Enjoy Emperor-Governor!

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush
No role models lol
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by jaggabban: 6:34am On Jun 01, 2020
His motherfvcker flat headers supporters should obtain PDP form for him and let's see how online ediot rectangled heads will win election for him.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Congrats321(m): 6:46am On Jun 01, 2020
No I don't need a shoulder to cry on. I need you to accept that it was a massacre simple
MinorityOpinion:

I've watched the video, what happened, the perpetuator was killed too, what do you want? A shoulder to cry on? Let's be realistic, civil war is like a wound, the more you open it, the longer it takes to heal thank you
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Congrats321(m): 6:48am On Jun 01, 2020
I am not Igbo but if KANU was propagating war and not referendum why are his followers unarmed?
MinorityOpinion:

You've not been listening to Kanu lately, he wanted war and he's driving all us in it, no one want war, but not when we're pushed to the wall, Kanu is not asking for war but he's propagating everywhere with hatred and propaganda, hate speech is cause of 80 percent of all war, I wonder when igbo elders will caution him
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Congrats321(m): 6:50am On Jun 01, 2020
Why should I accept third party write ups over videos? When you says minorities are u saying the biafran army comprised mainly of Igbo's?

MinorityOpinion:

Kindly check the meaning of massacre in your dictionary, massacre is not killing only one person, didn't Biafra killed unarmed civilian in minorities regions? Killing of one person is not massacre

References:
Centre for Research on Globalization / Centre de recherche sur la mondialisation.

The Biafran Crisis and the Midwest
S. E. Orobator
African Affairs
Vol. 86, No. 344 (Jul., 1987), pp. 367-383

The Forgotten Victims: Ethnic Minorities in the
Nigeria-Biafra War, 1967-1970
Arua Oko Omaka
McMaster University, omakaao@mcmaster.ca
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Basher8583: 6:53am On Jun 01, 2020
Trumpcard05:
Hmmm ...light will surely triumph over darkness

Hope APC & Oshiomole don’t find out too late that they are barking up the wrong tree. Obaseki enjoys popular support from citizens of Edo State and will continue till 2024, with or without the hungry party leaders and godfather wanna be Oshiomole.

Thus he should not be afraid of direct primaries

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Wettoid123: 7:01am On Jun 01, 2020
hahahahahaha he is now running from pillar to post I said it you can never bite the finger that feed you if not oshiomole I don't even know Godwin obaseki oshio baba brought him out and did all the campaigning and you think tinubu will support you he has lost already, I welcome another thief to Dennis osadebe avenue the looting continue!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayemi Bows Down For Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (photos) / Army Sacks Musa Mustapha Bature Who Had Sex With Colleague’s Wife / Obi v Tinubu: Tribunal admits documents on Tinubu's alleged illicit drug offence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.