Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election (45645 Views)

Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes / Fate Of 7 Governors Uncertain / APC Chairmanship: 7 Governors, Tinubu, Akande Endorse Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by FemiMaduka(m): 9:26pm On May 31, 2020
Tm
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Confirmedzombie: 9:26pm On May 31, 2020
Obasike will won. Watch how illiterates will came hear and start to spoke rubbish.

Edo is not Lagos.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Zico5(m): 9:26pm On May 31, 2020
Ok
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by adiosgracias(m): 9:27pm On May 31, 2020
Which road Dem pass through abi inter state lockdown nor dey again? are all the governors member of the presidential task force on covid? Is politics now part of essential duties? I just don't get it

19 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by yinkus6750(m): 9:27pm On May 31, 2020
Why is Obaseki scared now?
If he did well, let the people judge him.
Was busy forming Emperor, demolishing hotel, interfering in the legislative arm, now, day don break.
What you sow, you must reap

11 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Aflix(m): 9:27pm On May 31, 2020
You all saying that Governor Obaseki should just go with the Direct Primaries are talking like you don't know how this country works. The party people will vote for those that will benefit their selfish interest not for the benefit of the state. I know Obaseki did wrong by getting in through Oshiomole Because by doing that he supported Godfatherism, but you don't expect him to remain with Oshiomole at the expense of Edo people. I am from Edo state and I know Obaseki has done really well. Since Obaseki got into Office salaries and pensions have been paid regularly unlike under Oshiomole When pensioners protest week in week out just because he supported the party people with their pension, That is not fair on them. Those supporting Oshiomole Do not want the progress of Edo state.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by anslemkel(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2020
I thought there is ban on inter state travel.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by martineverest(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2020
this wasn't useful.....Edo people already made up their minds

politically,Edo ia PDP.... individually,Edo is obaseki

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by jrusky(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2020
Anazp:
When did Tinubu become this strong?

Say it again Bro you better wake up sharp sharp. Tinubu is a household as far as apc is concern. Bro take it or burst it.

17 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by martineverest(m): 9:32pm On May 31, 2020
sammsimm:
Obaseki should forget it, Pastor Ize iyamu is the next Governor of Edo state... You can't bite the finger that fed you and go Scot free. Ambode tried the same thing in Lagos and he finished himself politically
u can't decide for Edo people....it's obaseki or PDP.

any mistake by APC will give pdp the election....

this Tinubu visitation wasn't necessary

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by simigold: 9:33pm On May 31, 2020
Obaseki should go and ask Ambode how many governors went with him to Tinubu. One even prostrated, Tinubu even shed crocodile tears. Laslas egungun enter express.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by HRMK: 9:34pm On May 31, 2020
WHEN U BITE THE FINGERS THAT FEEDS U,WHAT MAGIC WAND WILL KEEP U ON SEAT?DID TINUBU ALLOW HIS BOY TO REMAIN GOV OF LAGOS STATE?NO!

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by martineverest(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2020
Aflix:
You all saying that Governor Obaseki should just go with the Direct Primaries are talking like you don't know how this country works. The party people will vote for those that will benefit their selfish interest not for the benefit of the state. I know Obaseki did wrong by getting in through Oshiomole Because by doing that he supported Godfatherism, but you don't expect him to remain with Oshiomole at the expense of Edo people. I am from Edo state and I know Obaseki has done really well. Since Obaseki got into Office salaries and pensions have been paid regularly unlike under Oshiomole When pensioners protest week in week out just because he supported the party people with their pension, That is not fair on them. Those supporting Oshiomole Do not want the progress of Edo state.
exactly.....obaseki is far better than Oshiomhole

I really don't know why obaseki is begging Tinubu when Edo people already know their candidate/party...obaseki or PDP

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by martineverest(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2020
simigold:
Obaseki should go and ask Ambode how many governors went with him to Tinubu. One even prostrated, Tinubu even shed crocodile tears. Laslas egungun enter express.
then it's bye bye to APC in Edo state

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by ozoebuka1(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2020
When those not worthy are your stronghold then the country is already a joke
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by muykem: 9:36pm On May 31, 2020
seunmsg:
I still don’t get why political office holders turn around to fight the same set of people that suffered to get them elected in the first place. So many of us were very worried when Obaseki started the unnecessary public attacks on Oshiomhole and other Edo State APC leaders. Some very few paperweight politicians and some opposition members were pushing him and he was dancing to their tunes. Every effort made by party leaders within and outside the state to nib the crisis in the bud was shut down by the governor.

The intervention of APC governors is a welcome development even though it is coming very late but I really don’t think they can do much for Obaseki at this point in time. I don’t think a common ground can be found between the feuding parties in Edo State. What they are doing now is what they should have done about a year ago. Aso obo omoye mo, omoye ti rihoho woja.

Anyway, the best solution is for the governors and all lovers of the party to insist on a free, fair, and credible primary election between Osagie Ize-Iyamu and Obaseki. God knows I don’t like size-Iyamu but Obaseki has put himself in a very tight corner unnecessarily. Whoever emerged from the primary should be supported by all the factions. Any other arrangement would not work.
Do you know maybe they are looking for soft landing for the governor? The governor that refuted all interference of party leaders including Tiunbu himself is now looking for reconciliation at eleven hours when permutation has been concluded.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by akdjr(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2020
Obaseki should just pack his bag and go..... Even Tinubu will not reversed the already planned change. Ize-Iyamo is the next Governor of Edo State. Edo North will be delivered fully

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by martineverest(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2020
HRMK:
WHEN U BITE THE FINGERS THAT FEEDS U,WHAT MAGIC WAND WILL KEEP U ON SEAT?DID TINUBU ALLOW HIS BOY TO REMAIN GOV OF LAGOS STATE?NO!
u really don't know what's happening in Edo state..obaseki is the only reason why Edo will vote APC
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 31, 2020
Anazp:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/edo-gov-obaseki-7-apc-govs-meet-tinubu/

Funny enough they are seeking the help of a man , Tinubu who sacked a seating governor.
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by martineverest(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2020
akdjr:
Obaseki should just pack his bag and go..... Even Tinubu will not reversed the already planned change. Ize-Iyamo is the next Governor of Edo State. Edo North will be delivered fully
lol...Edo north is more of a minority in Edo state.....u think esans and binis will give Oshiomhole space?

PDP currently own Edo State, politically....their problem is that they don't have candidate..obaseki is the only reason why APC will win Edo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by mozes01(m): 9:39pm On May 31, 2020
Anazp:

He has always bn strong

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by PigTormentor: 9:39pm On May 31, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Obasike will won. Watch how illiterates will came hear and start to spoke rubbish.

Edo is not Lagos.

I beg don't kill us grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by StChivalry(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2020
He played himself when he allied with Oshiomole's detractors to scorn the hands the fed him.
In as much as I abhor Godfatherism in politicking matters, he shot himself in the foot when he not only sacked anybody that had dealings with Oshiomoloe in his administration - villified his persona - but also had many schemes to relieve him of his overseeing post.
The straw that broke the camel's back that allotted Obaseki ill lot is the assembly hullabaloo, and the corollary deaf ear he paid to Oshiomole's admonition.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by psyco: 9:40pm On May 31, 2020
Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Trimque2k1(m): 9:41pm On May 31, 2020
Anazp:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/edo-gov-obaseki-7-apc-govs-meet-tinubu/
When we that reside in Benin where talking, some Benin
visitors started insulting me here.
You see that short man oshiomole, he doesn't loss any battle not this ingrate nd unrepentant ancestral man Obaseki can break that record...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Yamprince(m): 9:42pm On May 31, 2020
IGNORE JABAGAN AT YOUR PERIL!!

10 Likes

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by psyco: 9:43pm On May 31, 2020
:0

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 31, 2020
Anazp:
Ask cownu.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke / Biafra Themed Wedding Holds In Enugu (Photos) / Photos Of Tinubu And Yahaya Bello At Aisha Buhari's Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.