Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (46885 Views)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / Can I Resign In The Bank And Concentrate With The POS Business / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by oxiide22(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

I really need an advice. I currently work with one of the Nigerian banks. My monthly take home is about 450k and quite good. My major problem right now is that I have just been transferred from a Branch at one end of Lagos to another end of Lagos. All efforts to convince my boss to deploy me to a closer branch has proved abortive.

Going to work daily right now is a very difficult especially during this raining season and covid 19th period. I spend roughly 3-4 hours on the road when going to work and back home.

I am currently raising my kids on my own right now and dont know how I would manage when school resumes. Before now I drop them off on my way to work in the morning and my friend picks them up to her house in the afternoon till I get back.

I currently have a savings of 2million and would love to start a biz( I dont know what kind) as am comptemplating resigning and start a biz instead so that I can have time for my kids and not die due to stress

Please i really need advice for you all.
you're not a real banker
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by fuckerholic(m): 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
quote author=FivePeas post=90178421]I think you're being too hasty and would appeal to you not to make a hasty decision that will cause you damage because you sound like someone who's about to react ( from negative reactions ) rather than someone who's about to embark on a well planned action. There's a difference. Trust me I know.

I qualify to give you sound counsel as a business operator and would like to discredit any thoughts of you quitting you job because of your savings.

Let's take it step by step

1. Financial security is important. Can you reduce your monthly expenses and boost your savings so you can save let's say 300k monthly, which in six months gives you an approximate of another 2 Million Naira

2. Start the process of setting up a business while you're still employed. This way you can weigh the options if it's for you or not. And can easily convert your salaries towards the establishment of the business

3. Do not quit your job until you've had a well to Houghton out business plan and have put it into effect. Remember money is just half the equation, the other half the business

4. Be more tolerant rather than being irritated because things aren't working for you from a place of convenience. Start thinking positive thoughts about the positives of your job. I'm sure it can't be all negative. Whatever it's costing you, give yourself the opportunity to reflect and tell yourself giving it six more months for proper planning won't do you harm

5. Get a second accommodation closer to work. So you can shuttle between both ends. Friday home till Sunday. Have you considered this?

6. Get a nanny and if you can afford it, get a driver too and delegate some of the duties with the kids care to them.

7. Give yourself time. Do not jump to the next thing until that so-called " next thing " has been fully constructed while you're still maintaining the one that looks stressful.

I'm sorry to say, but having just 2 Million Naira savings on a 459k monthly job directly implies you're in a financial crisis already but don't know. And rocking the boat will leave you at the disadvantaged position [/quote]
Let's connect and discuss business, eminentroyal@gmail.com
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Kbs468(m): 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
osazsky:
oga if u have 5m dollars u wont be in nairaland
I didn't say that I have gotten it na but you too can join us in earning the targeted amount ooo

it's very simple and logical if you can refer 10 people and register with $2 each ooo
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by emmaodet: 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
tiamiyukunle69:
N2m is nothing for now.......before you even get an office for your business sef.....500k don go.....keep your and live close to your office for now

Hello Sule,

This is Dayo from sagamu.
How is mum, dad, dammy girl, sis seyi and everybody?
Can i have your digit?
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by changedinchrist: 8:40am On Jun 06, 2020
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

I really need an advice. I currently work with one of the Nigerian banks. My monthly take home is about 450k and quite good. My major problem right now is that I have just been transferred from a Branch at one end of Lagos to another end of Lagos. All efforts to convince my boss to deploy me to a closer branch has proved abortive.

Going to work daily right now is a very difficult especially during this raining season and covid 19th period. I spend roughly 3-4 hours on the road when going to work and back home.

I am currently raising my kids on my own right now and dont know how I would manage when school resumes. Before now I drop them off on my way to work in the morning and my friend picks them up to her house in the afternoon till I get back.

I currently have a savings of 2million and would love to start a biz( I dont know what kind) as am comptemplating resigning and start a biz instead so that I can have time for my kids and not die due to stress

I would advice you stick for now and watch how things unfold considering your salary is fairly good. Does your company provide inconvenience/relocation allowances? That should offset the stress a bit till you try to resolve the situation with hierarchy. At IOCs, an inconvenience/relocation allowance is very large atimes in millions, i don't know about banks, but it's something you should look at

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Emecunze: 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
gwinaB:

In Saturdays and Sundays.

What kind of skill do you advice one to learn?
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by gwinaB(m): 11:37am On Jun 09, 2020
Emecunze:

What kind of skill do you advice one to learn?

Maybe sewing, since fashion is a huge thing and there will always be ceremonies
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
tot:

Do you know when he or she started work? Do you know their dependents or expenses? Let's be guided in our utterances. Very tactless.

Don't mind them.
Some of them are just kids who have no responsibilities yet, and are still fully dependent on their parents/relatives.
Life is not just all about getting a salary and saving all of it at the end of the month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by GentlePEACE: 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
tosinntoyin:
Dear all,

Hello Bro, it's been a year since you last posted the above. How are you coping now? Hope you didn't take that irrational step by starting the business, and if you did, how is it going?

Just quoted to know how you are fairing
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2021
GentlePEACE:

Hello Bro, it's been a year since you last posted the above. How are you coping now? Hope you didn't take that irrational step by starting the business, and if you did, how is it going?

Just quoted to know how you are fairing
Good day bro, and hope you are doing great? I read from your diary that you run a consulting/job firm that help people get job. Please I will be glad if you can help me. I beg you.
I'm a graduate of Economics.
Re: Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 24, 2021
GentlePEACE:
baliqeez, you are already selected as one of the 3 people. I don't know you from Adam but congrats to you. Hope you live in Lagos and around those 3 places I mentioned.

Thank you bro, I really appreciate this,you won't know how happy I am right now. I currently live in Sango, waiting for the modalities you talked about and how everything will pan out. Sorry I digress a bit from the aim of the diary.
Thanks once more

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Emem Thomas, The Founder Of A Female Bouncers Group In Akwa-ibom / Babs Omotowa: The Public School Teacher Who Became CEO Of NLNG / Ofodile Nkemdilim, The Only Female Air Force Team That Designed Tsaigumi UAV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.