Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Romanian Reportedly Becomes Oldest Man In The World - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Romanian Reportedly Becomes Oldest Man In The World (414 Views)

John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man / 70-year-old Woman Becomes Oldest African To Give Birth As She Delivers Twins / The Oldest Man In Akwa Ibom State Is Dead - See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romanian Reportedly Becomes Oldest Man In The World by Recruitmentedu: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2020
Dumitru Comanescu, a Bucharest resident who is 111 years and 7 months old, has become the oldest living man in the world after British Bob Weighton died on May 28 at the age of 112, local Digi24 reported, quoting a press release from Bucharest's Center for Seniors.

"Awarded by the Bucharest City Hall, through the Bucharest Center for Seniors within the Centennial Life Project, the Bucharest resident is currently the oldest living man on the planet, according to The Gerontology Research Group (GRG)," reads the press release.

"I feel honored and blessed to be, officially, the oldest man in the world and to represent Romania at the highest level! It's incredible! I want to thank all those who stood beside me, who have helped and supported me over the years, family, friends, and relatives," Dumitru Comanescu told the Bucharest Center for Seniors.
Advertisement

Pope To World Leaders: Help Needy Now, But Plan On Long-Term Change

Comanescu was born on November 8, 1908, in Proviţa de Jos, Drăgăneasa commune, in Prahova county. He used to work as an agricultural engineer and phytopathologist and was a disciple of Gheorghe Ionescu Siseşti, the founder of the Agriculture Research Institute. He initially studied at the Mathematics Faculty and had among his teachers well-known Romanian mathematician Gheorghe Ţiţeica. He later found his calling in working in agriculture. He graduated from university in 1933 and worked for 70 years. In 2003 he performed his last phytopathology assessment. When he was 86 years old, he took part in a competition for agriculture experts, where he finished fifth.

Read next

18 February 2020
PEOPLE
Bucharest centenarian, among world’s five oldest men
In February this year, he was declared "the oldest Romanian citizen of the city of Bucharest." The Bucharest City Hall awarded him RON 5,000 (EUR 1,046) and an honorary plaque as "an homage to his life and the contribution to the development of society and the community of the city of Bucharest and as a show of respect and appreciation for Bucharest seniors."

According to Gerontology.wikia.org's list of oldest living men, Dumitru Comanescu is the second-oldest man in the world. Brazilian Olimpio Martins Pires tops the list.
https://www.romania-insider.com/romanian-oldest-man-world-media

Re: Romanian Reportedly Becomes Oldest Man In The World by Enoch07: 9:40am On Jun 01, 2020
well done sir

Re: Romanian Reportedly Becomes Oldest Man In The World by Coolbreeze1988(m): 9:47am On Jun 01, 2020
What if you see my great grandmother, we stopped calculating her age over 10years ago. She has eaten all this things that make them get old when she was little. We are even praying to God to take her away. Congratulations all the same
Re: Romanian Reportedly Becomes Oldest Man In The World by Valro(m): 9:59am On Jun 01, 2020
We get elderly people down here too o
Re: Romanian Reportedly Becomes Oldest Man In The World by juman(m): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2020
I dont wish to become as old as that.
Too old.

(1) (Reply)

Papaya Banana Smoothie Recipe | Herbal Goodness / How Much Do They Sell Clutches In Abuja? / Before A Heart Attack, Your Body Will Alert You – Here Are The Warning Signs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.