Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT (964 Views)

How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days / My Weed Addiction And Discovery. / Man Who Took Weed And Tramadol Collapses In Delta, Enters River To Cool Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2020
I started taking drugs at an early age, mind you, it wasn't by influence. It was just my decision.

I've been abusing drugs for over 8 years and it has clearly damaged my self-esteem, personality and confidence.

I've abused weed that I no longer get hungry again, no matter how heavy I smoke and this triggers WEIGHT LOSS for me that everyone in the street keeps saying "You're GETTING LEAN".

I'm sometimes ashamed of my looks and i think its high time I STOPPED.

Smoking is so bad that no matter how much you make, you still live very poor if you're 5 star addicted.

I need genuine advice and lashing, I truly don't Mind.
Re: My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT by 21savages: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
Stop the drugs not the weed.
Re: My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT by bigiyaro(m): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
for the fact that admitted having a problem, you've are halfway through. Let's wait for the elders and technical advising crew.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT by yanabasee1(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
Since you know that what you are doing is affecting your health and bringing shame to you...Then you don't need us to tell you to stop and how to stop it...

You know the things that you see and the places you go that trigger the urge...So avoid those things and starve yourself the urge to returning back or you reduce the intake from ten wraps a day to five wraps to two wraps to one and how to finally nail it....

Then for the drugs..... it's always an influence... whether you were talked into it or you read about it... Something influenced you into it and you have to search deep to cut it off....

Good luck fella...

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT by Juliusmomoh: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
21savages:
Stop the drugs not the weed.
Why do u say dat ... Is weed ur brother.
Re: My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT by 21savages: 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Re: My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT by 21savages: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

U see ur life, u deserve some weed.
Re: My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT by Healthyway15: 2:05pm On Jun 01, 2020
Firstly...
You are probably at the stage where part of you wants to quit smoking, but another part of you doesn't, and you're not sure of yourself because as most smokers intend to quit smoking, they still think they will fail. Well, what you feed between the two; lives, and the other dies.

I want you to know that nothing is impossible. The addiction can always be stopped. It just demands strong determination, commitment and never-going-back attitude to overcome it. You must understand it's a long adjustment period. You should know that you're about to sacrifice smoking for better life and healthy living.

One crucial advice here is that, don't have the mindset of quitting smoking all at once, it's not done that way. It has always been said by ex-smokers several times that quitting smoking suddenly is more exhausting and deadly. You start the withdrawal little by little. Although a gradual withdrawal is still accompanied by some symptoms you have to endure for the time being, it's still the better choice for the best results.

You should note down every trigger that takes you towards smoking or make you unable to resist the urge to smoke everyday. For example, placing the weed, lighter, matches ashtrays besides your bed or anywhere near you, drinking alcohol, passing the area you buy the weeds or meeting the person you buy it, staying with smoker friends, etc. You should get rid of all these smoking reminders.

You set a goal to smoke less(less wraps) for a week and make sure you achieve it like your life depends on it. The following week, you set another goal to smoke lesser, and it goes on till you escape from the bondage. The first two weeks are all about distractions, keeping busy and being good to yourself. Keep busy with fun, low stress activities.

You should follow and be a part of threads like :
https://www.nairaland.com/5869477/u-wish-quit-hard-drugs

You can also download some quitting smoking and addiction PDF online like the following :
https://www.pdfdrive.com/allen-carrs-easy-way-to-stop-smoking-3rd-edition-e184298080.html

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-illustrated-easy-way-to-stop-smoking-a-smokers-guide-to-just-how-easy-it-is-to-quit-e175926577.html

You should also heed to the advice of other people.
Lest I forget, don't focus on your struggles and ignore your successes. Celebrate your small victories.

And lastly, you should share your testimony after you overcome it so as to encourage other smokers towards quitting.

Can't wait to read that you live a smoking-free life!

(1) (Reply)

Menstruation That Smell Rotten / Using Nail To Cook Bean Could It Be Healthy Or Unhealthy Let's Us Learn Together / Massage: What It Does For The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.