Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults (41421 Views)

Sexual Assaults: Pastor Paul Mukendi Found Guilty In Canada / Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness / Father Assaults His Daughter For Refusing To Have Sex With Him In Delta. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by ednawande2580: 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
Following reports of rape incidents over the past few weeks in Nigeria, a virtual protest against rape tagged #StopRapingWomen has now commenced.

Some of the rape incidents recently reported have resulted into the death of victims, who were gruesomely killed by their attackers.

It would be recalled that Vera Uwaila Omozuwa, a 22-year-old 100-level student of Microbiology at the University of Benin, Edo State was raped and brutally killed by unknown assailants in a Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) where the victim went to read.

Omozuwa died after being raped and smashed in the head with a fire extinguisher in the church located at Ikpoba Hill area of Benin City, the state capital.

Moji Delano Blog also reported the rape of a 12-year-old girl by 11 men at Limawa quarters in Dutse Local Government Area of Jigawa state.

Similarly, a 9-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father in Ibadan, Oyo state.

Many Nigerians in solidarity through the virtual protest are now demanding for the intervention of Federal and State governments and security operatives in the recent and recurring happenings.

Join the virtual protest. #StopRapingWomen.

https://www.mojidelano.com/2020/06/nigerians-commence-stop-raping-women-virtual-protest-against-sexual-assaults/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Ezennwa(m): 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
hmm!

If you sit silent about your pain, they will kill you and say you enjoyed it.

Say No To Rape.

236 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good, i will join in the protest too.

Enough is enough.

I can't go out without thinking about my susters and their safety.

I have even called my sister that's away like 20 times since yesterday, so i can be aware of every of her moves.

Please we have to protect our girls and women.

Let us all come together as one and join in this protest.

Stop raping women.

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Nostradamus: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good!

Na D only thing Nigerians sabi do be this.

It's either we do virtual protest online

Or

We re-act on social media.

No meaningful protest.

Nigerians,i hail thee cool

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Slawormir: 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Say no to rape
Justice for uwa.
We almost get same Bini name. Mine start with o
Owa

I don't understand how humans enjoy sex without the consent of the person they are banging
Am just tired
How this people get erection still baffles me
My dick can never gets erect if she is not completely happy

Infact i get erection when a woman initiate the sex herself
That is why i dey always make sure say any woman way dey with me must dey happy so that she can initiate the sex and give me her consent
Nothing sweet reach when a woman give you her consent and initiate the sex. She will wet and soak your dick with all sorts of vagina fluid. Both sticky, creamy, foaming, watery and slippery liquid because she is happy

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by philip0906(m): 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Clowns!!

Sit behind their keyboards and jump on the bandwagon to look cool and sound woke. I have screened through social media & comments of many of the so-called celebrities and just shook my head. Not even 1 single post, to request and demand for the right thing.

Since the advent of twitter and social media in the country, we have lost count of the number of hashtags that have been created. Many of the hashtags, have been lost in the dustbin of tweeter & facebook but the problems & challenges, still remain.

You expect a rapist to reason? Or you expect a rapist to see the "say no to rape" hashtag and decide " Okay, I won't rape again"? Has any one ever asked why these rapists are on the prowl and moving unabated? Why are they so emboldened? They know they can easily get away with their crimes, because;
1. The country has very lax & porous security apparatus to even track & identify them
2. The judicial system is not effective.

In saner climes, these societies know that rapists do not reason and so they have created an enabling system to checkmate them. What Nigerians should be asking for are;
1. Reform of the judicial process to expedite cases as well as become more efficient
2. Complete overhaul of the security apparatus even if it means state policing
3. Ask the authorities why we do not have a central repository of DNA & finger prints. Millions of Nigerians have finger prints with the banks, Immigration service, National Identity, but there is little way to tie them to an identity. This is what societies are using to checkmate crime but it's rocket science here.

The crime scene where the girl was murdered, clearly had tons of evidences & leads lying around but because of the above issues, getting a lead on the perpetuators of the crime, is a tall order and hopefully, innocent people are not paraded in the coming weeks as the ones behind the crime.

154 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Raydos: 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Please after this

Let's protest that we need uninterrupted power supply too!! After over 55years we still can't boast of steady Power supply

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by LoveJesus87(m): 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
The only solution to this rape issue worldwide is INSTANT DEATH BY HANGING. Any other penalty apart from that is a mere Joke.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Mstick: 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
#justice for UWA!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by iCauseTrouble: 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rape is bad and a total no for a real niggar.
Guys should learn how to channel their sexual energies and urges into more productive things.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by JimmySwaggart(m): 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Another big issue is that There’s no surefire way to identify a rapist. Many appear completely normal, friendly, charming, and non-threatening.
If not the growing trend would have been subdued long ago.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by HantaVirus(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
Why rape? All rapists deserved to be boiled alive and served to very hungry wild animals.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Sarkin: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good.

However, Nigerians are too docile to protest, we love our opressors chains and we have become so used to unending suffering.

Fo*lish Nigerian are speaking ill on the protests going on in the US, but they have failed to realise they are not as docile as we are here and they hate their opressors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by EasterDell: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
Foolish people.

When did begging people to stop commiting crime become a solution.
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by phransix2: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
Police dare not kill anybody like this oh... If not George Floyd's movement will be child's play compared to ours... Nigeria that likes copy copy

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by sonofanarchy(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
angry damnnnn niggarr kill you dia

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Hypnotise: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rapists should be de-p*nised. Say No to Rape.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by nairavsdollars(f): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Let's march to Aso Villa
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by drips8(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
It's high time many men learn that they can actually control their urges.

People don't also have to start blaming women for dressing the way they do. We also hear about Men raping girls fully clothed in hijabs or girls as young as 2 years old.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Bioscird: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nice development

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Sexyjigga(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
This beastly behavior needs to stop.

#Justice for Uwa,

#Say no to rape

#Let's protect and love our women

#Women are Queens

#Men are Kings

Alexa please play me Love is all that matters by Diana Ross.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by freshkpomo(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Sorry to digress a little, our leaders are the cause of the rise in rape cases, with the society acting as accomplice. I sat down with a lady a few days back and just at that spot I was pointing out some kinda dressing to her that even she as a woman got so furious with one. When you speak up a times people will tag you religious or say mind your business it's their body, the truth is "IS IT REALLY THEIR BODY?" . We were all made differently with various weakness not everyone can control their urge.

Let's not talk about the so-called celebrities that are yelling "say not to rape" just to trend. They post nudeb pics daily in IG, FB and others and they are so dumb to think it will just end there for some guy.

I once told a young girl (200l Uniben student) that If I become president I will jail people like olamide for his music videos and song. Her reply shocked me "brother if na so you nor go win o".. Lol, to show that they are happy with the decay, not knowing it is turning them into preys.

Rip uwa.
Jusricw4uwa

I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF RAPE, BUT WE SHOULD LOOK INWARD.

God bless Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Its alright undecided

Action speaks louder than words. cool
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Fatahlinks: 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
If we r really serious. It's better to come out and demonstrate. No body will take these online demonstrations serious. Most of the pple in power hv no time to even browse...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by LesbianBoy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Shey you guys can see how united women are?

Tomorrow now one idiot will tell me that "women hate each other bla bla bla" angry

You will never see men especially the Nigerian ones these united lai lai.......Fools angry angry angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by BaddieKay(f): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
angry Parents should also teach their sons how to behave,how to treat women,what to do and not to do. The whole rape issue is as a result of neglect of male training. #TrainUrSons

27 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Iykesonwhyte(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good one ☝️

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by bayotwice(f): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by abbey621(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
I see this as a total waste of time, you are better off arming women with pepper sprays, knives and even a gun than useless protest on social media that will have ZERO effect on the situation. Women were raped in 1990s, in the 2000s, in 2010s and 2020s will remain the same.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by salbis(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Best protest in this type of our country is to castrate every rapist.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by HQuadreal: 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Say "NO" To "RAPE"...

We need justice for;
Tina...
Uwa...
Jennifer...

and every other rape cases.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo / Trial Of Major General Hakeem Otiki Over N400M, 5 Runaway Soldiers In Pictures / Olaoluwa Ibrahim Jailed In London For Rape, To Be Deported After Serving Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.