Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,975 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults (41419 Views)

Sexual Assaults: Pastor Paul Mukendi Found Guilty In Canada / Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness / Father Assaults His Daughter For Refusing To Have Sex With Him In Delta. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Longman8: 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
One is none two is one,lets join hands together to end this vises.#Saynotorape #Justiceforallvictims.
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Hoodgod(m): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nostradamus:
Good!

Na D only thing Nigerians sabi do be this.

It's either we do virtual protest online

Or

We re-act on social media.

No meaningful protest.

Nigerians,i hail thee cool
behind the keyboard protest... grin
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by IamDavids: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
freshkpomo:
Sorry to digress a little, our leaders are the cause of the rise in rape cases, with the society acting as accomplice. I sat down with a lady a few days back and just at that spot I was pointing out some kinda dressing to her that even she as a woman got so furious with one. When you speak up a times people will tag you religious or say mind your business it's their body, the truth is "IS IT REALLY THEIR BODY?" . We were all made differently with various weakness not everyone can control their urge.

Let's not talk about the so-called celebrities that are yelling "say not to rape" just to trend. They post nudeb pics daily in IG, FB and others and they are so dumb to think it will just end there for some guy.

I once told a young girl (200l Uniben student) that If I become president I will jail people like olamide for his music videos and song. Her reply shocked me "brother if na so you nor go win o".. Lol, to show that they are happy with the decay, not knowing it is turning them into preys.

Rip uwa.
Jusricw4uwa

I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF RAPE, BUT WE SHOULD LOOK INWARD.

God bless Nigeria.

Youre talking crap nigga

Shut the fvck up

Rape isn't justifiable

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by IamDavids: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
EdiskyHarry:

Honestly you are making sense, I wish I can like this your comment 2 times.
This protest will not solve even 0.5% of the problem.

Youre so naive. You dont know shit. Just shut te fvck up
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Emanodimo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
Uhmmm... They have started again
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by EdiskyHarry: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
IamDavids:

Youre so naive. You dont know shit. Just shut te fvck up
My brother, I don't have time to argue with you o, but if you are a reasonable person, just check what this guy typed, u will see there is sense in it.
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by anvilpx(m): 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
dem no go hear word.
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Kaydans(m): 7:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
When our president is a rapist. Mtcheew
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Slynation(m): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
philip0906:
Clowns!!

Sit behind their keyboards and jump on the bandwagon to look cool and sound woke. I have screened through social media & comments of many of the so-called celebrities and just shook my head. Not even 1 single post, to request and demand for the right thing.

Since the advent of twitter and social media in the country, we have lost count of the number of hashtags that have been created. Many of the hashtags, have been lost in the dustbin of tweeter & facebook but the problems & challenges, still remain.

You expect a rapist to reason? Or you expect a rapist to see the "say no to rape" hashtag and decide " Okay, I won't rape again"? Has any one ever asked why these rapists are on the prowl and moving unabated? Why are they so emboldened? They know they can easily get away with their crimes, because;
1. The country has very lax & porous security apparatus to even track & identify them
2. The judicial system is not effective.

In saner climes, these societies know that rapists do not reason and so they have created an enabling system to checkmate them. What Nigerians should be asking for are;
1. Reform of the judicial process to expedite cases as well as become more efficient
2. Complete overhaul of the security apparatus even if it means state policing
3. Ask the authorities why we do not have a central repository of DNA & finger prints. Millions of Nigerians have finger prints with the banks, Immigration service, National Identity, but there is little way to tie them to an identity. This is what societies are using to checkmate crime but it's rocket science here.

The crime scene where the girl was murdered, clearly had tons of evidences & leads lying around but because of the above issues, getting a lead on the perpetuators of the crime, is a tall order and hopefully, innocent people are not paraded in the coming weeks as the ones behind the crime.
You have said it all....Let's hope a forensic analysis would be carried out on that crime scene because I knw if police wants to work in this country, they will definitely do so
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by olawonder(m): 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
This is what protest looks like in Nigeria... ta lo fe kuu?!!!
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by passengar(m): 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
freshkpomo:
Sorry to digress a little, our leaders are the cause of the rise in rape cases, with the society acting as accomplice. I sat down with a lady a few days back and just at that spot I was pointing out some kinda dressing to her that even she as a woman got so furious with one. When you speak up a times people will tag you religious or say mind your business it's their body, the truth is "IS IT REALLY THEIR BODY?" . We were all made differently with various weakness not everyone can control their urge.

Let's not talk about the so-called celebrities that are yelling "say not to rape" just to trend. They post nudeb pics daily in IG, FB and others and they are so dumb to think it will just end there for some guy.

I once told a young girl (200l Uniben student) that If I become president I will jail people like olamide for his music videos and song. Her reply shocked me "brother if na so you nor go win o".. Lol, to show that they are happy with the decay, not knowing it is turning them into preys.

Rip uwa.
Jusricw4uwa

God bless Nigeria.
Bro are you saying because u see a girl half naked, means she deserves to be raped?...mis Uwa that was rape was she half naked in th church?....those girls with Hijab that get raped were they dressed inappropriately?....do u go stealing from a shop because the owner ain't around?...a rapist is a rapist period, it aren't got nothing to do with the way a lady is dressed....let that sink in

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Biggers82(m): 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Make una dey give men Sex nah so that they will stop Raping you Ladies nah you carry pussy you no wan give it out why nah your pussy please give men Sex Biko
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by SoNature(m): 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
phransix2:
Police dare not kill anybody like this oh... If not George Floyd's movement will be child's play compared to ours... Nigeria that likes copy copy

Go and sleep

Nigerians are spinless
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Cousin9999: 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
First of all, that should get the death penalty.

That said, is this actually a growing problem? Have cases gone up? Is the number of cases cause for concern?

This seems like propaganda funded by the west. I've seen this before all across the continent. They even stage protests, and when you follow the money, it's white people spreading lies. It's so easy now to manipulate people and exploit social media. Especially when $5 or £5 can stretch further outside their respective countries.

Let's examine the facts before spreading dangerous information.
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by presleYzzi(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
freshkpomo:

Rip uwa.
Jusricw4uwa

God bless Nigeria.

Like minded

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by BaddieKay(f): 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
SolidGains:

Therefore, it's the women who are always with the male children 99.9% of the time that has failed to train her male child the proper conduct.

Women, train your male child.
Oga, let me not sound rude but how did u conveniently exclude the father from parents. What is the use of a man if he can't help his wife train the kids? Mister until you learn to understand the term parents then u shouldn't be in this discussion. How easily you choose to rubbish the mother and paint the dad a saint says the kind of man you'll be.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by BaddieKay(f): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
Foodforthought:

And the ones who don't have parents?

The society at large, especially those who influence their lives etc celebs,songs,politicians... If we start educating our kids properly then the issue won't fall totally on parents. I still insist the way we say "don't u know you're a girl" should be how much we say " don't u know you're a man"

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by blozzynonny(f): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
Some people commenting here are so guilty just that they've never been caught. No one is exempted, even your neighbour maybe one without your knowledge. Please trust nobody, protect your wards and kids with your life, I mean with your life

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Playermayweda(m): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
philip0906:
Clowns!!

Sit behind their keyboards and jump on the bandwagon to look cool and sound woke. I have screened through social media & comments of many of the so-called celebrities and just shook my head. Not even 1 single post, to request and demand for the right thing.

Since the advent of twitter and social media in the country, we have lost count of the number of hashtags that have been created. Many of the hashtags, have been lost in the dustbin of tweeter & facebook but the problems & challenges, still remain.

You expect a rapist to reason? Or you expect a rapist to see the "say no to rape" hashtag and decide " Okay, I won't rape again"? Has any one ever asked why these rapists are on the prowl and moving unabated? Why are they so emboldened? They know they can easily get away with their crimes, because;
1. The country has very lax & porous security apparatus to even track & identify them

In saner climes, these societies know that rapists do not reason and so they have created an enabling system to checkmate them. What Nigerians should be asking for are;
1. Reform of the judicial process to expedite cases as well as become more efficient
3. Ask the authorities why we do not have a central repository of DNA & finger prints. Millions of Nigerians have finger prints with the banks, Immigration service, National Identity, but there is little way to tie them to an identity. This is what societies are using to checkmate crime but it's rocket science here.

The crime scene where the girl was murdered, clearly had tons of evidences & leads lying around but because of the above issues, getting a lead on the perpetuators of the crime, is a tall order and hopefully, innocent people are not paraded in the coming weeks as the ones behind the crime.

This guy just spoke my mind it's sad that this generation thinks that it can fight evil vices by protests on social media, maybe they believe if the rapist probably sees this on twitter he/she will just magically mind,I believe that women need to learn how to protect themselves, There should be more severe anti-rape punishments, The money being looted in this country should be channell into security, Protesting in social media won't work,Naija needs forensic police department but the way we are going it's not happening anytime soon
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2020
philip0906:
Clowns!!

Apt, I said this to my friends, celebrities are chasing clout with the rape issue, turning it into gender war that girls are not safe with men, even Genevieve

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by freshkpomo(m): 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
IamDavids:

Youre talking crap nigga

Shut the fvck up

Rape isn't justifiable

What have you done to reduce it??

Someone trying to come out with a solution now means crap?? It is well with your so.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by mayorkay1996(m): 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
D motive behind raping is so babaric...
I just don't know how rapist dick still dey rise when there victims dey in pain..
And those nut heads has sisters ooo..

RIP uwa ..u would be missed.
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
stupid rapist
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by barthmew(m): 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2020
The moral decadent in our society is at an all time high.

The crimes goes on unabated cos of our societal and governmental response.
Rape is of various degree. The underlying factors that breed these atrocies aren't far fetched. They all hinged on paternal abuse, domestic violence, undue genital mutilation, child labour, child marriage, broken homes, ill-upbringing.

Culprits are hardly brought to book and that gives them more leeway and temerity to even advance their illegitimate cause.

Appropriate agencies should be constituted and saddled with such responsibility of mass-educating and enlightening minor in our society about their right and it's violations and modes.
Emergency service lines should as well be publicized like 911 in the US… don't know what happened to our 112 emergency line.... Dysfunctional I guess! after many years of neglect.

If every kids knows that I he/she can summon a response team to his/her rescue… .. many will start speaking up with an assurance of improved welfare afterward.

Read in the news � the other time of an abused girl � being reunited with the same abusers… smh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Originalsly: 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hmmm...... the last two girls look like victims. Good start.... need to take the protest to the streets. Youths need to stand in unity.... actions speak louder than words..... as we see now happening in the U.S. Again.... a good start.
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by raynie779: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
EasterDell:
H
... for Harassment
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by cococandy(f): 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hopefully we’ll get somewhere with this
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Etinosa1234: 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
philip0906:
Clowns!!

Exactly what I'm saying...

One Twitter influenza Jus talk say if u go out to protest, police will kill u and nothing will happen...

and majority were in support of it...

Weda we like it or not .. Nigerians are spineless
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nigeria.... a nation of internet warriors grin grin
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
cry
Re: Nigerians Commence #StopRapingWomen Protest Against Sexual Assaults by Titugirl(f): 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
There's so much more to women than just sex!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Arrest 4 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos / Rapists Kill Pregnant Woman In Ikorodu, Lagos (Photos) / Don-Chima George & Rasaq Oluwasegun Oke: Rape Case Being Bungled In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.