Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. (2188 Views)

Amaju Pinnick Snubs Gernot Rohr During AFCON Medal Presentation (Photos) / Sporting CP To Rename Stadium CR7 In Honor Of Cristiano Ronaldo / Cristiano Ronaldo Boards His CR7 Private Jet In Style (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by EbukaHades10(m): 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
Former Barcelona star Ronaldo considers Lionel Messi to be the undisputed “number one” in modern football, with Cristiano Ronaldo overlooked in the Brazilian’s top five as Mohamed Salah, Eden Hazard, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe get the nod.
The two-time World Cup winner has never shied away from the fact that he considers a mercurial Argentine on the books at Camp Nou to be one of the finest to have ever played the game.

He has reiterated that stance when naming those who capture his imagination in the present and it comes as no surprise to see six-time Ballon d’Or winner Messi top that chart, but the omission of Portuguese superstar Ronaldo will see eyebrows raised.

Ronaldo told AS of his choices, with
Liverpool , Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain stars lining up behind a Barca icon: “Messi, of course, he is number one, he is a talent that means it will take 20 or 30 years to see something similar.

“I also like Salah, Hazard, Neymar, I love watching him play, of course Mbappe.”
PSG striker Mbappe has been likened to Ronaldo , and the ex- Inter and Real Madrid frontman can see why the France international has sparked such talk.
He added on the exciting 21-year-old: “Many people say that he looks like me.

“He has a lot of speed, he finishes well, he has great movement, he shoots really well with both feet, he has an incredible stride.
“We have similar attributes, but I never liked the comparisons, especially between players of different generations, because the situations are different.”

While talking up the qualities of a star turn in France, and recognising the efforts of Liverpool forward Salah in
England, Ronaldo – who now owns a majority stake in Real Valladolid – considers La Liga to be the best league in the world.

He said: “It is not clear that the Premier League is better than our league.
“Perhaps in television income the clubs receive more, but the best players are in
Spain, or at least, most of them.”

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/ronaldo-messi-number-one-snubs-cr7-top-five-salah-mbappe/12lu2vlz2vmdr10j5lqprf4yt3&hl=en-NG

Cc Lalasticlala Dominique

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Dybala11(m): 4:09am On Jun 02, 2020
Who cares about his opinion, CR7 remains the king.

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Goddey18(m): 5:26am On Jun 02, 2020
La Liga the best league in the world, sounds so ridiculous. I still prefer Serie A, and Bundesliga to LA Liga with low tempo and boring matches. Always Barça and Madrid every season, not so competitive in anyway. The top three can easily be predicted before the start of the season.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by paulolee(m): 10:31am On Jun 02, 2020
his opinion n dts same way my guy said ozil better pass messi based on both using only right foot..
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by paulolee(m): 10:33am On Jun 02, 2020
Goddey18:
La Liga the best league in the world, sounds so ridiculous. I still prefer Serie A, and Bundesliga to LA Liga with low tempo and boring matches. Always Barça and Madrid every season, not so competitive in anyway. The top three can easily be predicted before the start of the season.
yes we know but the la liga have a good number of best players from Europe and pls wich other leagues have won the uefa champions league, uefa supa cup and ballon d or than la liga in the last decade??
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by mystical109(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
We all know that Messi is a better player than CR7. It takes a good footballer to know a good footballer that is why legends, coaches ,active footballers all recognize Messi as the GOAT.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Goddey18(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
paulolee:

yes we know but the la liga have a good number of best players from Europe and pls wich other leagues have won the uefa champions league, uefa supa cup and ballon d or than la liga in the last decade??

If this is your criteria for determining the best league in the world then no one would be watching the premiere league. Besides, global audience and broadcasting rights wouldn't have favoured other leagues except La Liga.
Apart from El Clasico, which other fixture captures the attention of the world?
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by paulolee(m): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
Goddey18:

If this is your criteria for determining the best league in the world then no one would be watching the premiere league. Besides, global audience and broadcasting rights wouldn't have favoured other leagues except La Liga.
yeah dts ur normal bragging Rights...everybody knows that English league have the biggest n highest deals from t.v rights..they have a good number of viewers all around the world bt am just arguing dt u cant say la liga is boring and not a strong league because the numbers i asked abt speak for itselfs...if la liga isnt dt strong or competitive, why do players seeks to play in spain apart from England? and yes i have the Right to also argue that teams in la liga are stronga than urs in England even if they aint richer than epl clubs because money dnt play football, u can ask psg
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by chiboy1116: 12:51am On Jun 03, 2020
Goddey18:
be saying nonsense , who de win serie A wey u prefer pass laliga ? Who de win bundesliga ? At least laliga has three guys .
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by chiboy1116: 12:56am On Jun 03, 2020
paulolee:

yeah dts ur normal bragging Rights...everybody knows that English league have the biggest n highest deals from t.v rights..they have a good number of viewers all around the world bt am just arguing dt u cant say la liga is boring and not a strong league because the numbers i asked abt speak for itselfs...if la liga isnt dt strong or competitive, why do players seeks to play in spain apart from England? and yes i have the Right to also argue that teams in la liga are stronga than urs in England even if they aint richer than epl clubs because money dnt play football, u can ask psg
imagine saying laliga is boring , some people are so ignorant . I remembered when Bilbao played man u lol . Sevilla knocked man u out of the champions League few years back .

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Goddey18(m): 10:50am On Jun 05, 2020
chiboy1116:
be saying nonsense , who de win serie A wey u prefer pass laliga ? Who de win bundesliga ? At least laliga has three guys .
k

O boy that's your choice. I'm not a fan of La Liga and would never be.
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Swealy: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
Premier league are for mad men
The reason why the very best players right now are going to la Liga is simple
Barcelona and Real Madrid have a long standing dynasty in football
Hazard,Mppabe,Bale and co were born and brought up while these teams dominated Europe making them thier dream clubs
To be frank no EPL team has dominated Europe like Barca and Real Madrid
But with the likes of Liverpool Man City and man United and Chelsea will eventually catch up
The trend might change
Barcelona are going to find it hard without Messi
And Real Madrid are more or less like a Chelsea
and man u rightt now they are going through transition
If Barca was on form this season they would have had a 20 points lead in la Liga this season
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2020
Dybala11:
Who cares about his opinion, CR7 remains the king.

I think he was listing the players that captivate him. It's not everyone that gets captivated by hairstyles and abs.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2020
Goddey18:

As against the competitive EPL with the leaders 10000 points ahead of second place? If you have 2 super teams and 10 very good teams, the super teams will always be above (in the past 10 years Barca and Madrid have won 6 of the last 10 UCLs, while Sevilla and Atleti have won around 5 of the 10 UELs. How many have the "competitive" teams from the EPL won? If you pack 20 weak teams in a league it will look "competitive". When Man U was winning the EPL most years no one anything about competitiveness. Might that have been due to the regular brainwashing they give you guys?

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 06, 2020
Goddey18:

You don't know what marketing is all about the way I see it. More people will watch Man U vs Everton than Real vs Valencia, despite the former being of less quality football than the latter. Why? Because of marketing.
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 06, 2020
chiboy1116:
imagine saying laliga is boring , some people are so ignorant . I remembered when Bilbao played man u lol . Sevilla knocked man u out of the champions League few years back .

EPL fans are not to be taken seriously. They usually talk out of their asses due to the way they've been brainwashed.
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Khassidy(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

I think he was listing the players that captivate him. It's not everyone that gets captivated by hairstyles and abs.
Dhaarrmm niggarrrr
you nailed it bruh
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Khassidy(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Dybala11(m): 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

So in your opinion CR7 is all about abs and hairstyle right?? You people never cease to amaze me sha, it's quite glaring that Delima is envious of CR7's achievements as a footballer.
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Dybala11(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
chiboy1116:
So in accordance with your reasoning, the fact that Roma also knocked out Barcelona in the UCL about three years ago despite the former having a 4-1 lead in the first leg, indicates that the Serie A is better than La liga right??
I remembered that Barcelona was also eliminated by Juventus the following season after been knocked out of the UCL by Roma, what do you have to say about that too??
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
Dybala11:

So in your opinion CR7 is all about abs and hairstyle right?? You people never cease to amaze me sha, it's quite glaring that Delima is envious of CR7's achievements as a footballer.
.He's all about goal scoring. And most football personalities don't go ooh and aah after goal scorers.
Why is he not jealous of Messi's achievement then? You lot always go that jealous route when a former player doesn't rate CR (by the way most ex and current players/coaches rate Messi higher than him). CR is the ultimate stats player supported by a great PR (the type that was always pushing Beckam as some great player).
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
This will make a lot of CR7 fans wheel for their underwear
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Dybala11(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

.He's all about goal scoring. And most football personalities don't go ooh and aah after goal scorers.
Why is he not jealous of Messi's achievement then? You lot always go that jealous route when a former player doesn't rate CR (by the way most ex and current players/coaches rate Messi higher than him). CR is the ultimate stats player supported by a great PR (the type that was always pushing Beckam as some great player).
This line of thinking is inconsequential, as the man you supported is a striker himself, whose prowess and pedigree is below CR7's.
On what other criteria will you rate Delima as a striker if it's not on his goal scoring exploits bro??
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Dybala11(m): 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Gregorian2020:
This will make a lot of CR7 fans wheel for their underwear
You're definitely kidding, even Theo Walcott has more champions league goals than Delima. The fact that he doesn't name CR7 in his inconsequential list of his personal best players doesn't mean a thing.
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
Dybala11:

You're definitely kidding, even Theo Walcott has more champions league goals than Delima. The fact that he doesn't name CR7 in his inconsequential list of his personal best players doesn't mean a thing.

It means everything. You are just consoling yourself on this matter. If cr7 was named before now you would have been jumping around as if you win jackpot. This guys are good football analyst. And they mean what they say and they say what they mean.
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by chiboy1116: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Dybala11:

So in accordance with your reasoning, the fact that Roma also knocked out Barcelona in the UCL about three years ago despite the former having a 4-1 lead in the first leg, indicates that the Serie A is better than La liga right??
I remembered that Barcelona was also eliminated by Juventus the following season after been knocked out of the UCL by Roma, what do you have to say about that too??
that's not my point though , when an EPL team faces any laliga team , laliga teams mostly comes out victorious . That's not the case for serie A teams though .
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by obonujoker(m): 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

You don't know what marketing is all about the way I see it. More people will watch Man U vs Everton than Real vs Valencia, despite the former being of less quality football than the latter. Why? Because of marketing.

Which renowned player is playing his trade at Valencia to begin with??
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by obonujoker(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

If cr7 is all about goal scoring, what is Ronaldo delima all about??
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
obonujoker:

Which renowned player is playing his trade at Valencia to begin with??
Which renowned player is playing in Everton?
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by Dybala11(m): 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gregorian2020:

It means everything. You are just consoling yourself on this matter. If cr7 was named before now you would have been jumping around as if you win jackpot. This guys are good football analyst. And they mean what they say and they say what they mean.
I repeat sir, it means absolutely nothing to me and CR7's legacy. His comments so far on CR7 has been one that always originated from jealousy and envy. CR7 is greater than Delima, he's the only one arguing against it.
Re: Ronaldo Snubs CR7 In His Top 5, La Liga The Best League. by obonujoker(m): 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Which renowned player is playing in Everton?

Lol... Theo Walcott > Dani parejo
Iwobi> Coquelin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kanu's 10th Goal / Sharks FC Of Port Harcourt - Fans Thread! / I Love My Football Club (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.