Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd (86059 Views)

EPL: Chelsea Unveils Banner At Stamford Bridge In Honour Of Mikel Obi / Chelsea Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / Paderborn 1-6 Dortmund: Sancho Scores Hat-trick And Pays Tribute To George Floyd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Minemrys: 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
Liverpool forming eyes service as if they care about Floyd's death and racism, if there is one club in England that keep supporting racism it is Liverpool...................
Liverpool players, Management board and fans all wore T-SHIRT to support Suarez when he racially abuse Evra............ And again Liverpool football club all supported Suarez again when he bite Ivanovich through their Tweeter, despite opposition from everyone else

Liverpool is a filthy scum dirty club, always forming eye service and playing victim card, when they themselves are the real oppressor.
they've since apologised for the racist stuff. As for that bite, Lfc actually fined him. What did u expect them to do? They can't fire him or bench him while his c0ntract ran out. Na them go lo0se as he was a top player then and Liverpool needed him to win games to stay financially fit. Plus, they have this principle of being supportive of their employees rather than throw them under the bus.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by uunwanaobong3: 11:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
As for the protest in America is good oooooo,. BUT it is a good protest at a very wrong time. Here are my reasons;

1) over thousand and millions of people have gather in America and other parts of the world to protest,,,, have we even realize that this is a pandemic period that we should be isolating.......... Because of Floyd's death, I can see more than 500,000 covid infection and more than50,000 people dying due to Corona virus infection within the crowd..... Democrat and CNN will not talk about this repercussion, they want to blame everything on Trump.
U wouldn't see the WHO coming out to warn the people about the dangers of large gathering and protesting world wide at this dangerous times of covid19 ............................. Also i feel that state governors in USA and other world leaders like in Canada, Britain etc purposely exposed their people to contact more covid infection and death, by standby and watch while the people gather in large number. Whatever evil intension those leaders have, right it is only God that can serve those mass protesters....... This action alone can bring about second wave of the virus which will be fatal

2) the world is under great economics depression and in America alone there are 50million job losses, ... The protesters who are vandalising and burning down businesses all in the name of protest and are being encouraged by CNN and Democrat governors, have they realize that this rascal behavior will lead to more recession and job lose for innocent citizen........ I know they want to blame everything on Trump.

3) the whole thing has turned political through CNN and action of Democrat governors.
First, it was about impeachment of trump, they failed.

Then come Corona virus, .....instead of the press to tackle china and WHO for the spread of Corona virus in the world, the press world wide were tackling Trump as if Trump is the president of the world and as if Trump was the one that brought the virus to the world...... In Democrat state like new York, governors freely allow the people to get infected, so as to blame Trump for the numbers of the dead, the media we're insulting the president up and down with stupid questions during presidential press briefing....,.over 100,000 Americans have died mostly in Democrat state.. again they have failed because U.S have done x10 more tests than any country, more ventilator and PPE than any country........ CNN have realized that people are no longer buying the lying stories about Trump, so if you observed, they no longer report on covid stories gain, they have now shifted their attention to racism....

thank God Trump has taken U.S out of WHO.
Let me see how China will fund WHO.

What police did was wrong, and the policemen were duly sacked, arrested and charged with murder, ..... But the press and CNN chooses to feed on the story, encouraging voilent protest and destruction of public/private properties....
The Democrat state governors and states police chooses to standby and watch public properties going up in flame without taking any action to stop the vandalism....... And when Trump condemned their weakness and conspiracy, they begin to criticized him...... To an extent that CNN decide to send a black reporter on a Frontline between police and riot protesters, when the reporter was arrested for endangering his own security (he could be hit by stray bullet bottle, stone, fireworks etc) they changed the narrative to racism.

Finally Trump is not perfect oooooo, infact he can't talk as a president, he is so unpolished in his act, but believe me Democrat, press and other world leaders are trying to destroy Mr Trump, using the poor masses as collateral damages.

If there is one thing I know, Trump really care for Americans but doesn't give a shit about outside world,... Americans should indeed appreciate their president because he loves them.

Trump is the most insulted president in the world, even a small boy like mark Zuckerberg, get the guts (mind) to remove a presidential address to the nation on Tweeter......... That is the highest level of disrespect to the office of the president of United States of America.............. If I were Trump Zuckerberg would have paid heavily for every bit of that disrespect.... Zuckerberg would have stayed alive and watch helplessly as his billions becomes thousands.

Even a Chinese jornalist get mine to ask Trump a very stupid question about trump Corona virus competition, ..... a question that even she dare not ask Chinese president xie.

It was so disgusting to watch a police inspector yesterday on CNN telling a whole US president (Mr Trump) that if he does not have anything to say "HE SHOULD SHUT UP"... simply because Trump criticized them for allowing vandalism to take place.......... ..I am not sure any president in the world would have taken this lightly from a public official.....he wasn't even warn by CNN to at least respect office that Trump occupied.

CNN has loose all credibility, they have shown that they are media wing of Democrat party by reporting loop sided stories. E.g when the protesters were disperse at White House so that Trump could have access to the vandalized St John's Church... the media says that the protesters were peaceful, but the question is if the protesters were peaceful, why was that church vandalized in the first place........... there is a lot of cover up in the media so as to carried out their evil intension of misinforming the world.

Honestly I must commend the endurance of Mr Trump, u really try to endure them

Black community should be very careful in this crises, they start on a positive note ..... But when the going get bad and urgly, they (black) will be blamed for everything that happened. Nobody will mention the white, Chinese, Hispanics or other ethnic groups

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by MOnkeyBabe(f): 11:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

When will China carry out their own solidarity for Floyd..their own racism nobi here..

it's the older UnCiviliZed GeneRation but I hope they change
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by osazsky(m): 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
pafo:
Same Liverpool who supported Suarez in the racist row with Evra? That Liverpool? They can keep their kneeling in their pockets.
ignore them hypocrites they want to spice thier league victory with something else since the fans wont be there to celebrate with them..to me they didn't win d league. The day they are given the cup it will look like the normal weekly training activities no fun at all
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Joshmuch: 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Possiblegee:
This picture really touched my soft spot ... let them free that police that killed that black guy..the police officer so far looks frustrated and depressed anytime soon his wife is gonna divorce him ..las las e go commit suicide all will still end in tears
she already filed for divorce
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by nextstep(m): 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
Yet, the American president insinuated that Colin Kaepernick (and other players who took a knee in protest of Black lives being killed) are not patriots for protesting agains injustice.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Minemrys: 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
redcliff:

a white person maybe, but another black person, them go shoot am.. infact the matter would be turned around that what it is now, most likely floyd would not have died and police for charge that other person with obstruction, and it wont get this media hype it has now and people would blame the rescuer and say why would he have the audacity to obstruct police work that the police were doing their job..

oga, no be defense at all. Human life is bigger than anything. Fr0m the camera angles, it's obvious there were lots of people around. Rather than film this while a man died, they should have g0ne to rescue him. Raise alarm to people to c0me help.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by humilitypays(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
gfon:
I just wonder what goes through that officer's mind when he sees the chaos and pains he's stupid action has caused
the same thing that goes through the mind of an average Yoruba man even after joining Hausa-Fulanis to fight Igbos and through Awolowo killed 3million Igbo children. Go and ask them if they ever feel bad or remorseful for their evillages acts.

Evil people remain stoned hearted even after committing their evil plans, they always find one or two reasons to justify their evil deeds just as Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas always have reasons to hate, kill and marginalise the blessed Igbo race, it will never be forever. White folks also thought they will enslave blacks forever but today the case is different. Igbos once dominated the Nigerian federal politics in the 60s but today it's different, so we shall see angry
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by DriggityDre: 11:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
YoungLionken:

Floyd was simply submissive regardless...
No.
Look closer in that video.
You could see that he was trying to remove his neck from under the officer's knee.
When a 220lb man puts his knee on your neck, while 2 officers hold you down, and you are handcuffed, there is not much you can do.

This isn't the usual play-play hold that young boys do.

They are grown men ffs.
Trained to perform restraint and you said he was submissive and smiling?!
Where did you see that in the video??
I still don't know how you came to that conclusion. What??
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Adjovi: 11:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Minemrys:

oga, no be defense at all. Human life is bigger than anything. Fr0m the camera angles, it's obvious there were lots of people around. Rather than film this while a man died, they should have g0ne to rescue him. Raise alarm to people to c0me help.

Seems you didn't watch the video. People tried talking that were blocked off by the Asian officer.. a black can't approach he will be shot .
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by BENEAMATA: 11:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
no, I think the Death Sentence enough to pass a message across . Let him live to see where his Choices have put him, and he may change for the Better
well , it's unusual for me to pass judgement on people as i'm definitely not perfect but i must say this type of coldblooded murder gets me feeling like this . i mean you kill a man and he is gone forever , like you don't care which side of eternity you're sending him to . and if there was no camera . . . . . imagine the effing demon living among us like humans , just look at those sons of jackals shooting a guy dead i n the bush at ikorodu that was posted last week , recall the savagery and bloodthirstiness that unfolded in Aluu some years back ! man , indeed is capable of all evil .
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by BABANGBALI: 12:03am On Jun 02, 2020
Seun tell lalasticlala to leave my neck, I can't breathe o
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by DriggityDre: 12:05am On Jun 02, 2020
Shugargal:
Just my thoughts, the guy lied too low, no body movements at all like as if his legs were chained or something. no struggle no anything, and it was only one officer that pinned him down. anyways God knows why. RIP to him.
No.
There were 3 of them and he was handcuffed as well.
You didn't watch the video.

You guys keep coming up with this shii.
Have you been held down by 3 grown men before??
Not the usual play-play hold that young boys do.
Coupled with that, they are officers of the law trained to restrain.

He was hooked!

The man on his neck alone is most likely 220lbs and above.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 02, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
how do you expect anyone to feel if they ReaD that.
You sPoke about ReStitUTiOn, which is a Good thing.
He has been charged for muRDer. GOing through a DivORCe. Don't you think that's enough?

How Do you expect people who are SUiCiDAl to feel? Even worse happens to me or this man, what you put up there is not the truth and would never be truth.
SAme way white SuPRemaciSts refused to take to coRReCtion and this is what we have today.

I'm not PeRfeCt though. People take JOkes about SuiCiDe tRivialy and it's not nice.
Hope you understand, DeaR smiley

Leave all these AfRiCan cheStBeaTinG. Your Close family member may be in ChROnic DePReSsion
and what makes you think any of my family member maybe be in chronic depression monkey �?
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by ezemme(m): 12:09am On Jun 02, 2020
We'd know that this whole protest isn't gonna change anything. Racism have being in existence for ages.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Mariangeles(f): 12:12am On Jun 02, 2020
pafo:
Same Liverpool who supported Suarez in the racist row with Evra? That Liverpool? They can keep their kneeling in their pockets.

Make room for second chances.
They might not have done better before, there's always another chance to do better.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by LannisterIMP: 12:16am On Jun 02, 2020
YoungLionken:
Well if I were Floyd, I would have resisted the cop guy. Floyd wasn't smart enough,he saw death and was smiling..

#justiceforuwa...

I guess you didn’t see the real viral video of the said cop kneeling in George Floyd’s neck and he was helpless and immobile, begging and pleading so he could breathe.

i also am sure you have not seen where police want to please/stroke their almighty than thou Self!

#MYOR
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by MOnkeyBabe(f): 12:19am On Jun 02, 2020
Possiblegee:
and what makes you think any of my family member maybe be in chronic depression monkey �?
I used the word "may" sir. Won't wish that on my worst enemy.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 02, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
I used the word "may" sir. Won't wish that on my worst enemy.
and what makes you feel anyone maybe depressed?
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by uunwanaobong3: 12:22am On Jun 02, 2020
Normal Liverpool way, ....... Always trying to use the death of an innocent black man to shine. As if they care!....... racist club.
During memorial moment in a match, U will see them forming fake one minute silent and clapping as if they are more dedicated than others,...
But when it comes to paying their poor staff to help sustain them through pandemic times, they(Liverpool) want to furlough the entire club. Nonsense

If the black community in USA ask for funding to help them push this racism fight, believe me Liverpool will not contribute a penny, they will run away............ instead u will see clubs like city, Chelsea, or even arsenal supporting with money.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by YungMillionaire: 12:28am On Jun 02, 2020
We the sons of Africa would like to make it clear to those racists on social media who threaten to attack our cousins (African Americans) in America, You are coming out publicly to threaten them. We know you. Make sure you don't ever enter Africa, because we will find you and punish you.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Emilokoiyawon: 12:46am On Jun 02, 2020
YungMillionaire:
We the sons of Africa would like to make it clear to those racists on social media who threaten to attack our cousins (African Americans) in America, You are coming out publicly to threaten them. We know you. Make sure you don't ever enter Africa, because we will find you and punish you.

I concur. They think they can keep on killing African Americans and we Africans will just keep quiet? We are seeing these racists on social media bragging about killing our brothers and sisters in America and they think they can come here and enjoy the sun? Our governments are now monitoring social media. Anybody who harms an African American will be arrested on sight if he ever comes to Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Fr33born(m): 12:52am On Jun 02, 2020
Bigleaf1006:

But naija Noh even show for the mata!!

But if nah bbnaija, everybody go dey form Oprah Winfrey undecided
Show for which matter?
That's small compared to what happen in Nigeria everyday.
Do you know how many innocent people that are killed in Nigeria everyday? Are those ones less human?
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by joshuaidibia(m): 12:59am On Jun 02, 2020
UNICALKING:
I feel very sad for this guy!

Let me tell you a story a friend of mine still in states just experienced yesterday in Ohio. She went out to join In the protest only for her fellow blacks to mock her, making monkey sounds and tell her she is from the descendants of Joseph's brother who sold him into slavery, because we sold them to the whites. They made fun of her, she left crying.. She's traumatized now as we speak
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by geezville(m): 1:00am On Jun 02, 2020
Possiblegee:
This picture really touched my soft spot ... let them free that police that killed that black guy..the police officer so far looks frustrated and depressed anytime soon his wife is gonna divorce him ..las las e go commit suicide all will still end in tears for him

You called it..haha. His wife already filed for divorce
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Dumas32(m): 1:00am On Jun 02, 2020
Possiblegee:
This picture really touched my soft spot ... let them free that police that killed that black guy..the police officer so far looks frustrated and depressed anytime soon his wife is gonna divorce him ..las las e go commit suicide all will still end in tears for him
His wife has filed for divorce.
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Dumas32(m): 1:02am On Jun 02, 2020
[quote
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by EbukaHades10(m): 1:20am On Jun 02, 2020
osazsky:
ignore them hypocrites they want to spice thier league victory with something else since the fans wont be there to celebrate with them..to me they didn't win d league. The day they are given the cup it will look like the normal weekly training activities no fun at all
U don finally come back from ur sabbatical abi u dey hide since. It will look like weekly normal training cus ur team won't be involved.
uunwanaobong3:
Normal Liverpool way, ....... Always trying to use the death of an innocent black man to shine. As if they care!....... racist club.
During memorial moment in a match, U will see them forming fake one minute silent and clapping as if they are more dedicated than others,...
But when it comes to paying their poor staff to help sustain them through pandemic times, they(Liverpool) want to furlough the entire club. Nonsense

If the black community in USA ask for funding to help them push this racism fight, believe me Liverpool will not contribute a penny, they will run away............ instead u will see clubs like city, Chelsea, or even arsenal supporting with money.
In ur quests to prove a point, u both ended up talking in the "nonsense" and it seems u both are sharing one brain.

Is it the Arsenal that are still looking for money to pay off Pepe's transfer fee?

Oh, I forgot that the hate u lots have for Liverpool is eating u guys up.

Don't worry, Man City will win champions league so una go calm down.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by SmartyPants(m): 1:32am On Jun 02, 2020
gfon:
I just wonder what goes through that officer's mind when he sees the chaos and pains he's stupid action has caused

You would be surprised to learn that he is probably recieving tons of support secretly

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by openmine(m): 1:34am On Jun 02, 2020
pafo:
cheesy
You haven't been reading the news lately right?
Liverpool personally sent out a message to Evra apologizing for what they did that year!
Evra said so in an EPL show and said he has already accepted the apology and everyone has moved on!
Stop bringing back old wounds due to your beef with liverpool!
Re: Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd by Bobbies007(m): 1:36am On Jun 02, 2020
pafo:

You are a fool, stop bringing in issues that has already been settled... read up on things we all make mistake....

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/patrice-evra-manchester-united-liverpool-luis-suarez-racism/1526730o9meqz1mriu6yyz1fw4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christian Obodo Crashes His Car In Accident (Photos) / Odion Ighalo In Man United Jersey In Throw Back Picture! / Poland Vs Nigeria: International Friendly 0 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.