Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos (52819 Views)

Nigerian Girl Declared Missing In Victoria Island, Lagos - See Details And Photo / Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It / Victoria Nwogu: Student Found Dead In Boyfriend’s House In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Nmezor(f): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2020
Oh my goodness, this ppl are Bunch of clowns smiley wetin we no go see for naija
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Tastypie(f): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2020
We've really lost it in this country. Tina, Kayode and co were murdered by the Nigerian Police and none of these people deemed it fit to embark on a peaceful protest.

Who really did this to us?

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Olatlaccon(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2020
God!!! why are we so clueless and stupid in this country....many people are being killed by police SARS, soldiers etc in this country and we did nothing about it..many people have died due to tribalism, religion believe in this country we didn't do anything about it and nobody from oda country protested to support us and we did nothing to get our government attention all we did and doing is to rant on SM and it dies in few days....low self esteem will kill us laslas...I pity our situations...I feel for the guy that was murdered and pray his family could have peace of mind but this matter no concern us....wetin dem want sef? make buhari talk to Trump abi wetin...I'm confused... clueless people... mtcheww

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by buJu234: 9:30am On Jun 02, 2020
I think we owe those that have been killed in Nigeria a duty to find the organisers of this shameful and hypocritical protest, and publish all their names on all social media platforms.. let's name and shame them...

So Nigeria black lives don't matter abi..

assuming the police can come and beat the hell out of these mofoss..
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by jaxxy(m): 9:33am On Jun 02, 2020
Kpokakpoka:
Hehehe.....I have finally seen it all! grin
If only they can put the same energy into fighting tribalism in their own country.....if only...

This is so hypocritical and shameful. These ones cudnt protest for the issues happening in their own very backyard bt want to protest for black Americans in the us? The complex is equally shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Nostradamus: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2020
All I see is a pack of 1diots angry

The silly convener can't lead a protest against sars killings.

She can't lead a protest against using underaged kids for hard labour angry

But the mumu can lead a protest for America's problem,as if Nigeria does not have it's own form of racism to deal with.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by berrystunn(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2020
adadike:
No social distancing as well . Instead for you lot to protest against Buhari, fulani herdsmen ,the rape cases in Nigeria and even against the scam called NDDC, you are here screaming black lives matters. I know that too well, but Nigerian lives matters the most

APC can't protest against APC

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by emperorzz(m): 9:38am On Jun 02, 2020
I cant believe am from this country , all this so called people carrying placard scripted Black lives matters i can't help but imagine are we not all blacks in Nigeria.We have issues of insecurity,Rape the list is endless.
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Expresswriter: 9:44am On Jun 02, 2020
What sort of highness is this

The black lives that book haram has been killing in northern Nigeria are they animals? Why didn't they protest?

All the victims and casualties of herdsmen mayhem aren't they black lives?

All the people who die from police brutality in Nigeria, aren't they black lives? Abi na white men? Did any of them protest?

Busy bodies looking for cheap publicity to trend!

Of all places, na Victoria Island dem see to protest-- a quiet, serene place just because they're afraid for their lives! They can't try this nonsense in Lagos mainland in places like Iyana Ipaja or Cele or Oshodi, etc.

If they're bold enough they should go to Ajegunle.

Nonsense & rubbish.

Next, please.
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Osobi32(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2020
Just imagine this fools oooo! So upon everything wey dey happen for naija una no protest but Na the one wey happen for America una dey protest. Na now I believe truly Nigeria wet serious problem.
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by clem2love(m): 9:46am On Jun 02, 2020
Am so disappointed with the hell who organise this.

NEPA/PHCN no light do you protest !

No good road no one protest!

Bank charges u for all transactions heavy no one think to protest.

Closure of all business nation wide no one taught of protest.

Looted funds by government did you protest ?

Killing of innocent youth by SARs, did you think of protest and many more if am to count.

Why should u sit and protest for inrelivant issue .

Put that same energy into some things good

God bless �

God bless naija
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Ayobami7(m): 9:53am On Jun 02, 2020
Stupidity
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Rotentik19: 10:00am On Jun 02, 2020
[b][/b]Worse things than the gruesome murder of George Floyd happen in Nigeria on a daily basis, but no one has protested. Sheer waste of time & energy !
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Bamzolu: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2020
Some people for dis country no get common sense shaaaaa... our government dey steal billions , Nd leave bread crumps for d masses, una no go protest... our government don’t care about d poor dats why poverty level is about 80% or so in Nigeria.... una people no go protest. ..... killings of people in d north Nd different injustice is going on in Nigeria Nd our government re not doing anything about it.... u people no go protest ooo.... it’s nau George Floyd death in USA wey no concern una.. wey una com Dey protest for... when will Nigerians grow sense!!
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Soren4(m): 10:20am On Jun 02, 2020
They are all bunch of literate illiterate... And you will tell me Nigeria will be great again.. tueh
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Vivian16: 10:29am On Jun 02, 2020
remove the log from your eyes so that you can see clearly to remove the one from someone else's eyes. killings have bn going on in this country nobody protested now they are disgracing themselves in the name of protest, crying more than the bereaved mtchew.
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by bluefilm: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2020
Beautiful nonsense.

How many of these protesters have actually protested against frequent ASUU strike, against low standard of education, against epileptic power supply, against the high level examination malpractices, against inaccessibility of loans for small scale business owners, against SARs brutality, etc, that are going on right in their own country?

People will just leave their own affairs and be minding another person's business as if their lives depend on it.

How many americans have protested against the Fulani herdsmen killings and crisis in Nigeria?

Fools. angry angry angry
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2020
Jokes
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by techliteup: 10:40am On Jun 02, 2020
Aflix:
Hypocrisy at its peak. Do they Think any American will hear of their protest 74 people were killed in kastina recently and nobody has protested about that. Them wan just De follow other countries wey get whites and blacks together protest. I'm sure most of them there have never seen a white person except on TV.
Lol Kia
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by leo1234(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2020
Many of those protesters are still applying for American Visa. grin

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by ThaProphet(m): 11:00am On Jun 02, 2020
Whilst it is understandable to see this as misplaced priority.

We must not be quick to forget that when African Americans were struggling during the civil rights movement, they also helped fight against exploitation and colonialism in African countries. A lot of their civil rights activists met with and supported African activists in solidarity.

The reason we see this as "stupid" , "unbelievable", "foolish" (as seen in many comments before mine) is not surprising but disappointing. Is is that we do not read much and in most cases cannot see beyond our noses?

Although I agree that this protest seems poorly organised. Imagine the spelling error on that poster!! In addition, in showing solidarity to other nations, the issue should have been protested alongside NIGERIA's own issues as well...that is what solidarity should be about. Our own issues at home should be at the forefront! Yes, protest Floyd's murder but also put a spotlight on the other campaigns we have at home (rape, police violence, corruption, fraud, etc).

Done!

Excuse any typos (if there are any)...Limited time to proof-read and things grin
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by woleabayo(f): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2020
WELL I JUST DE WAKA JEJE PASS NI O
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by gariepinus: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2020
Nonsense... When Nigeria police killed 22 innocent citizens during lock down alone....same black... Where were you guys...?? Una no protest.... Nonsense country... In Nigeria here...police go kill innocent citizen and go scot free without fair judgment.... Una think say USA be naija??
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Tiwatopebabe(f): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2020
apache22b:
This Government of Buhari is so dumb and i am ecstatically delighted and disproportionately flabbergasted with enormous gratification and appreciation for the dispensation of such a tendering and mesmerizing information in which the prestidigitation of the concurrent and subsequent matter is thoroughly demonstrated through the innuances alluding to literal and metaphorical context. It is highly imperative to note that, such is the significance of the aforementioned, distortion in any shape or form will result in catastrophic ramifications to which will be the outcome of epic proportions. I thank you for your unequivocal.
Is this your anthem? You use this all the time whether or not it is relevant?
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by sinola(m): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2020
Misplaced priority....ndi be fa na agba oku o na achu joke?(people that there house is burning,do they run after rats).
Cases of annihilation and ethnic cleansing reported in southern Kaduna,zamfara doesn't bother them...ni
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by RighteousI: 11:38am On Jun 02, 2020
IT WAS THESE SORT OF FOOLS THAT FAILED TO FEED THE POOR NIGERIAN MASSES BUT INSTEAD RAISED 1 MILLION DOLLARS IN NIGERIA FOR THE BARACK OBAMA PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN AFTER WHICH THEY SENT THE MONEY TO OBAMA IN AMERICA.

DESPITE TRYING TO FORM "AMERICANA" AND DESPITE THEIR HELP TOWARDS HIS CAMPAIGN, OBAMA DID NOT EVEN PAY NIGERIA A VISIT THROUGHOUT HIS 8 YEARS AS PRESIDENT.
OBAMA VISITED GHANA, KENYA, TANZANIA, SOUTH AFRICA BUT HE SHUNNED YOU.

NIGERIANS SHOULD REALIZE THAT NO ONE LOVES THEM, NOT EVEN OBAMA OR THE BLACK AMERICANS. YOU HAVE TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER IF YOU ARE TO DEVELOP.
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Ganiyu2021: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2020
Nigerians are comedians, there are more pressing issues in this country and this jobless people are talking of Racism when we living in Nigeria are black.
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Kolabalogun(m): 11:44am On Jun 02, 2020
We've been having a lot of issues on our hands lately nothing is being done.
Imagine them rushing on this.
Is not as if its a bad idea but if this kind of zeal can be adopted on our matters too then maybe we will have a bit sane society.
So help us God "Amen"
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by cococandy(f): 11:48am On Jun 02, 2020
For those condemning them, you even experience racism in your own land at the hands of foreign nationals. Your family in foreign countries are at risk of experiencing it too. So please shut up and let them protest because this is global issue and it affects everyone. It doesn’t stop you from protesting other injustices going on in your country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by jumobi1(m): 11:49am On Jun 02, 2020
dangotesmummy:
then why are you protesting about another country's issue IN NIGERIA? Carry your passport and protest where the problem is.oniranu.alayinironu

You have comprehension issues. Where did I say I’m in Nigeria or protesting in Nigeria?

Nigeria’s role as the biggest Black nation isn’t restricted to Nigerian issues. Don’t be selfish.

1 Like

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by 1Sharon(f): 11:57am On Jun 02, 2020
Hypocrites. Africa is the worst place for the treatment of black ppl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sex With A Pig: Man In Court In Ibadan / 26-Year-Old Woman Kills Married Lover In Rivers State (Pics) / "How I Killed Onise Ismail, My Boss At CITEC Estate Abuja" - Security Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.