Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington (58091 Views)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Trump Cheered As He Drives Through "MILLION MAGA MARCH" Rally In Washington DC / George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by YoungAncient1: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2020
flyingpig:

Why can't he just address the protesters on TV.

He knows the right thing to say to bring an end to this.

He doesn't just want to sound empathetic to black resistance movement.
Has President Buhari ever called a press conference to address any such issues?

4 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by omonnakoda: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2020
Paragon311:
If true. It is needed now before things get out of hands.

What was needed was for Trump to show statesmanship.

He could come out give a speech that calms things down
There is more power in the mouth of a wise man than the gun of a fool.
In his role as President he should be able
to speak healing words
Promise change
Reach out to the black communities

After the soldiers leave who will vote in November?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by MacPython: 8:09am On Jun 02, 2020
Clonus:
Why hasn’t he come out to condemn the action of the police officers? Wouldn’t it have been better if he did that, reassuring the people that justice would be served and sternly calling for calm then if they continued to loot he would have been justified to call in force.
What baffles me most is the way some people here worship Trump. Some haven’t even smelled the borders of this country talk less of crossing them!!

Without investigation Abi? Twale for those who has crossed the borders Na. Have you even listened to his full speech not sound beats form CNN or MSNBC?

Please keep your small tyranny in check.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by vioment: 8:10am On Jun 02, 2020
mrkings84:
Did I see 1807 Act?
How many times have NIGERIA amended her constitution just to sooth our selfish politicians?

Over 200yrs USA is still using her constitution!

The most popular Nigerian constitution is 419.

The country behaves like a hardcore mumu.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Saintsquare(m): 8:10am On Jun 02, 2020
Kennitrust:
Trump is a racist.... That mudaf*ka doesn't know how to talk as a leader to his citizens.

A police officer told him to "SHUT UP" if he does not have anything constructive to say.
The Police chief really trashed Trump, obviously Trump lacks leadership skills. His Twitter handle should be suspended cos his tweets are escalating and fuelling the situation.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by kayjay69(m): 8:11am On Jun 02, 2020
Forget what you are watching on the news, the protesters causing chaos and looting are only a very tiny fraction compared to the mostly peaceful protesters.

This George Floyd protest is nothing compared to the 1992 riots in the US.

All of this could have been avoided if those racist policemen were arrested and charged immediately. But the way and manner the case has been handled has further infuriated people and you cannot blame them for venting their anger.

Remember this is not the first time a police officer will kill a black, unarmed, innocent man and get away with it. These things usually add up to a point where people can't take it no more. I stand with the peaceful, law abiding protesters, I do not stand with the mischief in command, the orange man, Trump.

Aside from pay lip-service, he has clearly shown he could care less what happened to the victim. All the great leaders that I know usually have some form of empathy and emotional intelligence with the exception of Trump and Buhari. If it were his protesters, protesting against the lockdown would he have deployed or be talking about deploying the military or the national guard. He knows these are not people who would vote for him hence him trying to play to the gallery. Come December, Americans will let him know how far.
SeverusSnape:

No. The protests are getting out of hand that's why.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by kelvindj98: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2020
AdaGod1:
the protest have been hijacked by the terrorist democrats
Trump have no choice than to deploy.

You've started seeing many whites in a black protest right?
they're not in any solidarity but they're mostly democrats that have high jacked the protest just to paint Trump bad

You started seeing CNN following the news bumber to bumber recently
another evidence.

the real protesters are at their various homes after passing their message
these ones are bunch of democrats terrorists capitalizing on the crises just to paint Trump bad.

Trump have no choice than to read the riot act.

Just like APC, democrats are evil and play politics of blood

EDIT

See them, bunch of useless hypocrites swimming in their own tears on my mention
Same people will hail Buhari if he opens fire on armless peaceful match
how many times have terrorist buhari opened fire on armless peaceful protest and killed many
Did you said anything regarding that?
now Trump want to deploy guards on a high jacked protest that has turned violence and you bunch of hypocrites are crying.
cry cry babies
Trump is the best president in the world ever
deal with the truth
Wait, do they now allow patients in Aro to use smart phones?

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by omonnakoda: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2020
Is this not hypocrisy?

When China or other countries do the same thing they are called repressive

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Laslaslala: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

I support Trump on this.

You mustn't go violent when protesting. Some people will call him racist now without knowing is protecting life and security first.

When you see truth, speak it and don't follow the generations of idiots to type rubbish. Let us be truthful in our words and what we do.

Anyone can just wake up and type anyhow
Do you know how long racism has remained in the US unattended to despite public outcry for hundreds of years
Even the media in US uder report racism
Where there is injustice, break down of law and order becomes inevitable it can take whatever form.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by muykem: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2020
Trump is a curse to USA. Instead of appeal to protesters and promise them justice, in fact his utterance has fuelled the protest than the killing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Gideonaigbe(m): 8:12am On Jun 02, 2020
nony43:
Trump is indirectly calling for a civil war

His haters are indirectly fighting him

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2020
AdaGod1:

you're saying all these because you've not witnessed the stinking discrimination from this black Americans
even with their root in Africa
they still refer to Africans are monkeys and other sorts of racism to their fellow blacks.
trust me these people are far worst than whites if you have encountered them
they'll only trigger black lives matters when they are faced with the white supremacist, they'll remember they have black brothers in Africa for solidarity.
they think because they have a better working government than Africans makes them more Supreme than their fellow blacks.

Let them face their horrors
we have tribalism and xenophobia to deal with afterall we Africans and blacks don't fancy ourselves.
less than two weeks ago Nigerians where racially abusing Kenyans on twitter calling them blacks cheesy yes you heard me right, blacks calling blacks black cheesy
funny isn't it?
they call it twitter war forgetting these white supremacist are watching
when you don't respect and value yourself
Don't expect others to do that for you.

Forget about traveling
we've been surviving in a far racism countries from Italy to Asia
the aim is to make money and come back
black Americans should face their problems
we have ours here
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by MacPython: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

What was needed was for Trump to show statesmanship.

He could come out give a speech that calms things down
There is more power in the mouth of a wise man than the gun of a fool.
In his role as President he should be able
to speak healing words
Promise change
Reach out to the black communities

After the soldiers leave who will vote in November?

Thank you for recognising that this a game , Obama did what again, what was his slogan?

Black community doesn't want change they still want a payback , which they would get.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by greypencils: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2020
Ussycool:
Trump shouldn't attempt to fuel this o. I pray normalcy should be restored before things get out of hands.
And black Americans are patiently waiting for you in the forthcoming election.
Trump has already lost this election.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Saintsquare(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2020
Clonus:
Why hasn’t he come out to condemn the action of the police officers? Wouldn’t it have been better if he did that, reassuring the people that justice would be served and sternly calling for calm then if they continued to loot he would have been justified to call in force.
What baffles me most is the way some people here worship Trump. Some haven’t even smelled the borders of this country talk less of crossing them!!
You would be surprised those supporting Trump concerning this issue never been to the airport grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by ananyapandey: 8:14am On Jun 02, 2020
what is the solution to this crisis [url=https://statusriver.com/funny-status-for-friends/][Funny status for friends/url]
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Jasonjay101(m): 8:14am On Jun 02, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

I support Trump on this.

You mustn't go violent when protesting. Some people will call him racist now without knowing is protecting life and security first.

When you see truth, speak it and don't follow the generations of idiots to type rubbish. Let us be truthful in our words and what we do.

You talk like this because you're in a country of nonchalant and ordinary social media talk without action set of people. You think if we are to protest against everything going on in this country with the real anger in people, you think we won't go violent??

Police that are supposed to protect us as citizens how many young unarmed citizens has the Police, SARS, Military etc killed without the government and we the citizens doing anything about it?? How about the embezzlement of public funds that are supposed to be used to provide social amenities for the people but just few persons are eating them and making the citizens live in abject poverty.

You think every country will just be like us that will be on social media to rant and not do any visible thing to demand for their rights from their government.

He Trump that you're supporting would have ended this riot before it gets to this point with just a broadcast to show that he's aware of what happened and he's against it and promise to do something to stop it from happening again but he chooses to keep quiet and form deaf ear to it, now he wants to unleash the military on it own people in a democratic country of a so called "developed and civilized America".

I'm against the looting and I know violence is bad. yes, but if that's the only language the government will hear for some certain issues then give it to them.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by MacPython: 8:15am On Jun 02, 2020
Seetto:
When you have someone who has no business being a president in seat of power.

Maxi copy and paste, hope those qualities can make u a billionaire?
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by uunwanaobong3: 8:19am On Jun 02, 2020
As for the protest in America is good oooooo,. BUT it is a good protest at a very wrong time. Here are my reasons;

1) over thousand and millions of people have gather in America and other parts of the world to protest,,,, have we even realize that this is a pandemic period that we should be isolating.......... Because of Floyd's death, I can see more than 500,000 covid infection and more than50,000 people dying due to Corona virus infection within the crowd..... Democrat and CNN will not talk about this repercussion, they want to blame everything on Trump.
U wouldn't see the WHO coming out to warn the people about the dangers of large gathering and protesting world wide at this dangerous times of covid19 ............................. Also i feel that state governors in USA and other world leaders like in Canada, Britain etc purposely exposed their people to contact more covid infection and death, by standby and watch while the people gather in large number. Whatever evil intension those leaders have, right it is only God that can serve those mass protesters....... This action alone can bring about second wave of the virus which will be fatal

2) the world is under great economics depression and in America alone there are 50million job losses, ... The protesters who are vandalising and burning down businesses all in the name of protest and are being encouraged by CNN and Democrat governors, have they realize that this rascal behavior will lead to more recession and job lose for innocent citizen........ I know they want to blame everything on Trump.

3) the whole thing has turned political through CNN and action of Democrat governors.
First, it was about impeachment of trump, they failed.

Then come Corona virus, .....instead of the press to tackle china and WHO for the spread of Corona virus in the world, the press world wide were tackling Trump as if Trump is the president of the world and as if Trump was the one that brought the virus to the world...... In Democrat state like new York, governors freely allow the people to get infected, so as to blame Trump for the numbers of the dead, the media we're insulting the president up and down with stupid questions during presidential press briefing....,.over 100,000 Americans have died mostly in Democrat state.. again they have failed because U.S have done x10 more tests than any country, more ventilator and PPE than any country........ CNN have realized that people are no longer buying the lying stories about Trump, so if you observed, they no longer report on covid stories gain, they have now shifted their attention to racism....

thank God Trump has taken U.S out of WHO.
Let me see how China will fund WHO.

What police did was wrong, and the policemen were duly sacked, arrested and charged with murder, ..... But the press and CNN chooses to feed on the story, encouraging voilent protest and destruction of public/private properties....
The Democrat state governors and states police chooses to standby and watch public properties going up in flame without taking any action to stop the vandalism....... And when Trump condemned their weakness and conspiracy, they begin to criticized him...... To an extent that CNN decide to send a black reporter on a Frontline between police and riot protesters, when the reporter was arrested for endangering his own security (he could be hit by stray bullet bottle, stone, fireworks etc) they changed the narrative to racism.

Finally Trump is not perfect oooooo, infact he can't talk as a president, he is so unpolished in his act, but believe me Democrat, press and other world leaders are trying to destroy Mr Trump, using the poor masses as collateral damages.

If there is one thing I know, Trump really care for Americans but doesn't give a shit about outside world,... Americans should indeed appreciate their president because he loves them.

Trump is the most insulted president in the world, even a small boy like mark Zuckerberg, get the guts (mind) to remove a presidential address to the nation on Tweeter......... That is the highest level of disrespect to the office of the president of United States of America.............. If I were Trump Zuckerberg would have paid heavily for every bit of that disrespect.... Zuckerberg would have stayed alive and watch helplessly as his billions becomes thousands.

Even a Chinese jornalist get mine to ask Trump a very stupid question about trump Corona virus competition, ..... a question that even she dare not ask Chinese president xie.

It was so disgusting to watch a police inspector yesterday on CNN telling a whole US president (Mr Trump) that if he does not have anything to say "HE SHOULD SHUT UP"... simply because Trump criticized them for allowing vandalism to take place.......... ..I am not sure any president in the world would have taken this lightly from a public official.....he wasn't even warn by CNN to at least respect office that Trump occupied.

CNN has loose all credibility, they have shown that they are media wing of Democrat party by reporting loop sided stories. E.g when the protesters were disperse at White House so that Trump could have access to the vandalized St John's Church... the media says that the protesters were peaceful, but the question is if the protesters were peaceful, why was that church vandalized in the first place........... there is a lot of cover up in the media so as to carried out their evil intension of misinforming the world.

Honestly I must commend the endurance of Mr Trump, u really try to endure them

Black community should be very careful in this crises, they start on a positive note ..... But when the going get bad and urgly, they (black) will be blamed for everything that happened. Nobody will mention the white, Chinese, Hispanics or other ethnic groups

5 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Afamed: 8:19am On Jun 02, 2020
Trump is the real definition of two face

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by SeverusSnape(m): 8:20am On Jun 02, 2020
Heistman:
na for your face me and slap u room u saw its getting out of hand over there in the US grin
Face me i slap you even better. It's in my bamboo hut in the village. Thanks.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by proffemi: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2020
The anger is escalating because Trump's failure to play empathizer-in-chief makes it seem that White America still doesn't get it. The anger makes it easier to hijack the movement.

It seems Trump and you don't understand the magnitude of black fury in the US. If he escalates this, I guarantee you he will have a civil war on his hands. Remember the song "how many students MOPOL go kill o"? He will have to kill them "taya", because blacks are just fed-100%-up.

AdaGod1:
the protest have been hijacked by the terrorist democrats
Trump have no choice than to deploy.

You've started seeing many whites in a black protest right?
they're not in any solidarity but they're mostly democrats that have high jacked the protest just to paint Trump bad

You started seeing CNN following the news bumber to bumber recently
another evidence.

the real protesters are at their various homes after passing their message
these ones are bunch of democrats terrorists capitalizing on the crises just to paint Trump bad.

Trump have no choice than to read the riot act.

Just like APC, democrats are evil and play politics of blood

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by 27Pushing30: 8:21am On Jun 02, 2020
flyingpig:

He’s done that more than twice oga

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by litathom(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2020
These people are destroying properties they need to be stopped they are calling trump racist but they forget white people are part of the Rioters

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by MacPython: 8:23am On Jun 02, 2020
Jasonjay101:

You talk like this because you're in a country of nonchalant and ordinary social media talk without action set of people. You think if we are to protect against everything going on in this country with the real anger in people, you think we won't go violent??

Police that suppose to protect us as citizens how many young unarmed citizens has the police, SARS, military etc killed without the government and we the citizens doing anything about it?? How about the embezzlement of public funds that are supposed to be used to provide social amenities for the people but just few persons are eating them and making the citizens live in abject poverty.

You think every country will just be like us that will be on social media to rant and not do any visible thing to demand for their rights from their government.

He trump that you're supporting would have ended this riot before it gets to this point with just a broadcast to show that he's aware of what happened and he's against it and promise to do something to stop it from happening again but he chooses to keep quiet and form deaf ear to it, now he wants to unleash the military on it own people in a democratic country of a so called "developed and civilized America".

I'm against the looting and I know violence is bad. yes, but if that's the only language the government will hear for some certain issues then give it to them.

I'm quite confused in your argument, the federal government doesn't jump into a local government case or state government unless a federal crime is being committed.

In Nigeria we argue for restructuring and once there a problem there will be an outcry to the central to come and help, afterwards we also be crying for their overbearing.

Please take a stand and it will be easier to access the complex � situation

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Originalsly: 8:23am On Jun 02, 2020
Hmmm...... how can a US President threaten to unleash the military.... the military on its citizens? I'm sure even the military is shocked to hear such a threat. And some of us wonder why a President is soooo disliked in his hometown. Personally.... he made this threat out of fear..... fear of damage to his prized buildings in Manhattan. Protests always been staged there since he became President... and massively increased whenever he is in town.... but the rampage and looting and property damage that's spinning off of these protests have him panicking. Last night's 11pm to 5 a.m curfew didn't help much. Tonight curfew begins at 8. People are really pissed off. He will soon be making the White House bunker his office.....a US President.... in the bunker... protecting himself from his citizens! Unprecedented!

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Angelfrost(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2020
GeneralPula:
A very useless president.. sad

He is very undemocratic, uncouth, uncharismatic, and seriously lacking in diplomacy...

However, as a Nigerian who has experienced democracy in this continent, I won't be so quick to label Trump useless.

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by ChilamNk(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2020
flyingpig:

When Wizkid called him clueless..

That may be the angle from which he was seeing it..

"The killing of George ..is unacceptable and does not represent we are as Americans..
We urge everyone aggrieved over his provocative death to please calm down ..we promise justice will be served.."

words like these could have calmed some aggrieved protesters down..

4 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by otokx(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Trump is indeed a man of the people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mike Itkis: Manhattan Candidate Releases Sextape To Woo Voters Ahead Of Election / 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA / Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.