Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington (58076 Views)

Russia Deploys Mystery Device In Ukraine Which Is Unknown To USA / Trump Cheered As He Drives Through "MILLION MAGA MARCH" Rally In Washington DC / George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by InvertedHammer: 8:46am On Jun 02, 2020
/
Some police officers identified with the protesters. Wait until he gives orders which they deem unconstitutional and the military fails to comply.

/
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by proffemi: 8:46am On Jun 02, 2020
Cfab:
For all those saying rubbish about Donald trumps response to the rioting and looting,the news now is that four police officers were shot in missouri by protesters and you still expect trump to beg on national tv?. This is beyond protest abeg it is escalating quickly and needs a decisive response

The anger escalated because of the delay in meaningfully addressing the problem. Black America has been seething for years, and a wiser man would discern that the mindset many blacks now is "Burn this whole goddamn country down"!

I am not condoning violence, but angry people tend to do crazy sh*t that they later regret, and Black America is livid. If Trump refuses to get it, the Missouri shooting will be the first shots in a civil war. 2020 strikes again...
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Xisnin(m): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2020
Kdon2:

He is about to go down. He is making the gravest mistake with this protest.
Nothing is a mistake to Trump.
He is counting on his white supporters to vote for him.
Money, race, and turnout influence America's election.
Trump had both money and race on his side in 2016.
This time around he is courting the three.

If this protest were to have happened very close to the election, Trump would be very happy
because protesters won't vote.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by AllenSpencer: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2020
SeverusSnape:

No. The protests are getting out of hand that's why.

Go read about The Posse Comitatus Act and lets discuss from there.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by dotedote: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2020
davidbanner:

angry what point are you driving at?

The point is DONALD IS A RACIST.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by AdaGod1(f): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2020
ModestGal:

Ma, you can never be right for supporting a white man against a fellow black man no matter what they have done for you because whites still hate you more. I do not support betrayal
I'm not in anyway supporting white supremacists
but the black communities have made their point and gone
those still in this protest are sponsored democrats
noticed that the ratio of whites in the protest is larger than blacks of recent

it has been highjacked and no president will sit and watch his country being plundered by sponsored opposition.

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Dikebuka: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
As for the protest in America is good oooooo,. BUT it is a good protest at a very wrong time. Here are my reasons;

1) over thousand and millions of people have gather in America and other parts of the world to protest,,,, have we even realize that this is a pandemic period that we should be isolating.......... Because of Floyd's death, I can see more than 500,000 covid infection and more than50,000 people dying due to Corona virus infection within the crowd..... Democrat and CNN will not talk about this repercussion, they want to blame everything on Trump.
U wouldn't see the WHO coming out to warn the people about the dangers of large gathering and protesting world wide at this dangerous times of covid19 ............................. Also i feel that state governors in USA and other world leaders like in Canada, Britain etc purposely exposed their people to contact more covid infection and death, by standby and watch while the people gather in large number. Whatever evil intension those leaders have, right it is only God that can serve those mass protesters....... This action alone can bring about second wave of the virus which will be fatal

2) the world is under great economics depression and in America alone there are 50million job losses, ... The protesters who are vandalising and burning down businesses all in the name of protest and are being encouraged by CNN and Democrat governors, have they realize that this rascal behavior will lead to more recession and job lose for innocent citizen........ I know they want to blame everything on Trump.

3) the whole thing has turned political through CNN and action of Democrat governors.
First, it was about impeachment of trump, they failed.

Then come Corona virus, .....instead of the press to tackle china and WHO for the spread of Corona virus in the world, the press world wide were tackling Trump as if Trump is the president of the world and as if Trump was the one that brought the virus to the world...... In Democrat state like new York, governors freely allow the people to get infected, so as to blame Trump for the numbers of the dead, the media we're insulting the president up and down with stupid questions during presidential press briefing....,.over 100,000 Americans have died mostly in Democrat state.. again they have failed because U.S have done x10 more tests than any country, more ventilator and PPE than any country........ CNN have realized that people are no longer buying the lying stories about Trump, so if you observed, they no longer report on covid stories gain, they have now shifted their attention to racism....

thank God Trump has taken U.S out of WHO.
Let me see how China will fund WHO.

What police did was wrong, and the policemen were duly sacked, arrested and charged with murder, ..... But the press and CNN chooses to feed on the story, encouraging voilent protest and destruction of public/private properties....
The Democrat state governors and states police chooses to standby and watch public properties going up in flame without taking any action to stop the vandalism....... And when Trump condemned their weakness and conspiracy, they begin to criticized him...... To an extent that CNN decide to send a black reporter on a Frontline between police and riot protesters, when the reporter was arrested for endangering his own security (he could be hit by stray bullet bottle, stone, fireworks etc) they changed the narrative to racism.

Finally Trump is not perfect oooooo, infact he can't talk as a president, he is so unpolished in his act, but believe me Democrat, press and other world leaders are trying to destroy Mr Trump, using the poor masses as collateral damages.

If there is one thing I know, Trump really care for Americans but doesn't give a shit about outside world,... Americans should indeed appreciate their president because he loves them.

Trump is the most insulted president in the world, even a small boy like mark Zuckerberg, get the guts (mind) to remove a presidential address to the nation on Tweeter......... That is the highest level of disrespect to the office of the president of United States of America.............. If I were Trump Zuckerberg would have paid heavily for every bit of that disrespect.... Zuckerberg would have stayed alive and watch helplessly as his billions becomes thousands.

Even a Chinese jornalist get mine to ask Trump a very stupid question about trump Corona virus competition, ..... a question that even she dare not ask Chinese president xie.

It was so disgusting to watch a police inspector yesterday on CNN telling a whole US president (Mr Trump) that if he does not have anything to say "HE SHOULD SHUT UP"... simply because Trump criticized them for allowing vandalism to take place.......... ..I am not sure any president in the world would have taken this lightly from a public official.....he wasn't even warn by CNN to at least respect office that Trump occupied.

CNN has loose all credibility, they have shown that they are media wing of Democrat party by reporting loop sided stories. E.g when the protesters were disperse at White House so that Trump could have access to the vandalized St John's Church... the media says that the protesters were peaceful, but the question is if the protesters were peaceful, why was that church vandalized in the first place........... there is a lot of cover up in the media so as to carried out their evil intension of misinforming the world.

Honestly I must commend the endurance of Mr Trump, u really try to endure them

Black community should be very careful in this crises, they start on a positive note ..... But when the going get bad and urgly, they (black) will be blamed for everything that happened. Nobody will mention the white, Chinese, Hispanics or other ethnic groups

What do you expect from a propaganda media house.
Even Channelstv

Some people dont know that Trump had called the family of George Floyd.

Minneapolis has it's own judiciary and police.
People are protesting yes, but others are using it to set tone for Anarchy and the governors who have d powers don't want to safeguard properties and lives, due to emotional sentiment

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Kingspin(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2020
flyingpig:

Why can't he just address the protesters on TV.

He knows the right thing to say to bring an end to this.

He doesn't just want to sound empathetic to black resistance movement.
I don't want to side with Trump

The protesters have full right to protest nonviolence.

The misuse of a peaceful protest to loot and burn down buildings and cars is unacceptable no matter the country

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Sexyjigga(m): 8:51am On Jun 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Precisely!!!... I don't quite get all the violence and looting!!!... This is grossly unacceptable and highly condemnable!!!... It defeats the whole essence of the protests.

Whoever started this protest should be held accountable... This is all shades of wrong, especially in the midst of a pandemic.

I'm so surprised shit went H. A. M....And the funny thing is this menacing attitude won't stop anytime soon... They ain't finished, They Devoted.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Kdon2: 8:53am On Jun 02, 2020
Xisnin:

Nothing is a mistake to Trump.
He is counting on his white supporters to vote for him.
Money, race, and turnout influence America's election.
Trump had both money and race on his side in 2016.
This time around he is courting the three.

If this protest were to have happened very close to the election, Trump would be very happy
because protesters won't vote.

You ll be shocked it ll mobilise sentiments against him even within his ranks.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Comedian2019: 8:53am On Jun 02, 2020
SeverusSnape:

Then the case should be speedy and justice done.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by tnerro1(m): 8:54am On Jun 02, 2020
Ussycool:
Trump shouldn't attempt to fuel this o. I pray normalcy should be restored before things get out of hands.
And black Americans are patiently waiting for you in the forthcoming election.
. See you, black Americans are only 13 percent of the population, to remove trump from office, u need to get the total support of latinos that make 30 percent of the population. That’s wat the Democratic Party should be working on, not surporting these riots behind the scenes. The more the riots continue , the more people will vote trump back to office

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by seanfer(m): 8:54am On Jun 02, 2020
Ussycool:

Ahaan! Then what are there criteria?

They’re elected through Electoral College. Hilary Clinton won the Popular votes in 2016 but Donald Trump won the electoral college.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Op80: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2020
nony43:
Trump is indirectly calling for a civil war

What's wrong with that? Should he fold his arms whilst terrorists and opportunistic opposition hijacked a good course to dethrone democratically elected president by burning down the whole country. Mind your own country. When Buhari unleashes military on electorates during elections, is isn't declaring war. When peaceful protesters are killed by Nigeria military, it isn't declaring war. Most of you hypocrites are shameless and wouldn't remove the log in your eyes but want to pick stick in neighbors eye. Does America matter to you than your own country?

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Neddyogu(m): 8:56am On Jun 02, 2020
Ussycool:

Nay, enlight me plss.

United States Electoral College is a body of electors constituted every four years for the sole purpose of electing the president and vice president of the United States. Citizens' votes rather sends a state representative depending on the size of the state. I think the college has about 300 or so members. So it is possible not to win the popular vote but win electoral college votes and be declared president. And since electors are independent, they don't have to dance to the tune of their respective states or people. They can vote whomever they fancy. So to be president, ur main underground work is to see how u can influence the electoral college.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Originalsly: 8:58am On Jun 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Precisely!!!... I don't quite get all the violence and looting!!

In this country..... any change for the better for Blacks come by force or disruption of the status quo. This outrage is because the video has brought to light what has been happening in reality to soo many innocent Blacks. This was straight up murder. If it weren't for the protests.... the ones involved were not going to be fired.... if wasn't for the burning down of the precinct and damage to businesses no charges were going to be laid.... and what charge was laid?... murder in the third degree when the video is there as sufficient evidence for a first degree murder charge. Charge the others... whose names are still protected ... put them all on murder charges and gag the President and this will go away. NYC....the Police were always shooting innocent Blacks.... because they thought they were armed... marches and protests and begging for reform resulted in promises.... but the shootings continued. How did it all change overnight?... because of violence. A random Police on patrol sitting in his car was executed.... blasted in the head at point blank. That set off other Police killings in other States including ambushes. It became an eye for an eye. The protests and looting here will make the big businesses put pressure on the Police.......mm. put your men in check... we do not want to suffer losses because of the actions of your stewards.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by lomprico(m): 9:05am On Jun 02, 2020
SeverusSnape:

why is d killer police not in jail yet?
jail them and see the protests die.

Am a Trump sympathizer but he got this wrong and will loose the election this year. he just served the oval office to the Democrats on a platter.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Erastuslove: 9:06am On Jun 02, 2020
THE FACT THAT WHITES ARE KNEELING AND BEGGING FOR RACISM FORGIVENESS, THE MATTER WILL SOON BE UNDER CONTROL LET THEM CONTACT THE FAMILY FOR FORGIVENESS FIRST....
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Angelfrost(m): 9:07am On Jun 02, 2020
Originalsly:

In this country..... any change for the better for Blacks come by force or disruption of the status quo. This outrage is because the video has brought to light what has been happening in reality to soo many innocent Blacks. This was straight up murder. If it weren't for the protests.... the ones involved were not going to be fired.... if wasn't for the burning down of the precinct and damage to businesses no charges were going to be laid.... and what charge was laid?... murder in the third degree when the video is there as sufficient evidence for a first degree murder charge. Charge the others... whose names are still protected ... put them all on murder charges and gag the President and this will go away. NYC....the Police were always shooting innocent Blacks.... because they thought they were armed... marches and protests and begging for reform resulted in promises.... but the shootings continued. How did it all change overnight?... because of violence. A random Police on patrol sitting in his car was executed.... blasted in the head at point blank. That set off other Police killings in other States including ambushes. It became an eye for an eye. The protests and looting here will make the big businesses put pressure on the Police.......mm. put your men in check... we do not want to suffer losses because of the actions of your stewards.

Thanks for this detailed explanation... It is an eye opener.

Such a pity the government failed to act decisively and quickly ab initio!!!.... If they had done the judicial needful early enough, this would have been forestalled.

Poor foresight is unacceptable in leadership, especially of America's caliber.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by SeverusSnape(m): 9:08am On Jun 02, 2020
Heistman:
grin oh imagine...and I dey here dey reason na brick house...Choi e shock me cheesy
Okay.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by jaxxy(m): 9:08am On Jun 02, 2020
nony43:

The protests has been hijacked by political interest to cause caos and governors have forgotten their primary duty.

A protest must be civil or it shud be controlled to the minimum. U cannot let it go uncontrolled for so long.

What civil war? Do u know what civil war means or ure just hyperventilating cos U don’t like trump?

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by SeverusSnape(m): 9:08am On Jun 02, 2020
AllenSpencer:

Go read about The Posse Comitatus Act and lets discuss from there.
All right sir.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by colossus91(m): 9:08am On Jun 02, 2020
Ussycool:
Trump shouldn't attempt to fuel this o. I pray normalcy should be restored before things get out of hands.
And black Americans are patiently waiting for you in the forthcoming election.
black people never supported him sir.........but you see the whites will vote him in just as buhari won second term with the northern votes who are the majority!!

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:10am On Jun 02, 2020
Kylekent59:

If is a conditional statement. Attack what i wrote and not me.

You saw nothing wrong with my comment, then you start attacking me. Bro change your ways...
Who beat you. No be me cane you O undecided
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by golddare: 9:10am On Jun 02, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/06/02/george-floyd-protests-trump-deploys-us-military/

Am wondering why no leaders of other nations are not calling out this guy, if this is happening in another nation they would have rain all manners of insults.
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by tarantino1: 9:15am On Jun 02, 2020
YoungAncient1:
Has President Buhari ever called a press conference to address any such issues?

That fool is an hopeless cause
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by femmy2010(m): 9:23am On Jun 02, 2020
nony43:

No sane government would allow looting and continuous breakdown of law and order just because it understands the protest.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by wistrom(m): 9:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Seetto:
When you have someone who has no business being a president in seat of power.
He's a MALIAN
Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Xisnin(m): 9:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Kdon2:

You ll be shocked it ll mobilise sentiments against him even within his ranks.
You may be right but Americans' love for money cannot be overrated.
One would have expected that Trump's approval rating to have dropped by now but he is
still maintaining the same score he has held for a long time.

I hope you are right.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 02, 2020
davidbanner:

angry what point are you driving at?

He has no point to drive at. He is a street urchin. They don 't even have destination, just roaming and wandering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Taliban Kill A Woman After She Told Them She Was Too Poor To Cook For Them / Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death / Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.