Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,955 members, 7,956,599 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! (54680 Views)

Orangun Of Oke Ila Praises Philanthropic Nature Of Yah Salam / Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There / Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by mcexpress(m): 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
I am a living testimony of this. It's true. I served as a youth Corps in the village in 2015/2016 Batch 'A'. The local government is IFEDAYO, and I was the C.L.O for that set. The King is generous and kindhearted. He gave Corpers free accommodations and stipends. He always organises parties for the new Corpers posted to the village. He is an epitome of good Leadership.

16 Likes

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
Jah bless the king
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
Rubicon67:

Good question. However, when we get to that sustainability 'bridge', we will cross. Let's go with the momentum and see where it leads.

Laudable and life-changing initiative and endeavour.
God Bless you
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by AFONJACOW(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
Are you sure these kids are not looking for white clients for the King on that laptops... They are future skull miners and Yahoo boys
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by psucc(m): 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
Khayceeofficial:
This is a myth

Lagos can't afford this style of free education,talk more of pain state

God bless Lagos state government for the free education I was privileged to have there smiley
It is very good to read the content of every post if you must comment.

You see ya life? You don come carry MUMU of the year

4 Likes

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by pretyval: 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
tillaman:
did you skip the part that said ALL PAID BY THE KING

The guy na Albino

1 Like

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by pretyval: 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
jidamsel43:
If this is reliably true. I suggest that the King of that town be made the King Of Nigeria

I suggest he stay in his palace if he wants to live because those leaders from the N part of Nigeria will not let him see another sun if her comes out.

Well, for premium quality window blinds, 3d panels, wallpapers and interior decor stuffs , follow @naddsandgray on iG or visit www.naddsandgray.com
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Favour22amaka(f): 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Long live the king. God bless him
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by ademasta(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
Good school
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by haiti007(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
Impressive and commendable
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by FGonline: 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
jidamsel43:
If this is reliably true. I suggest that the King of that town be made the King Of Nigeria
Tears on my eyes
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by chineydu(m): 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
So people who wants to be remembered for positive things still exits. Live long and prosper great king.

6 Likes

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by bolaaliu: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
That's 1000% true. The king of Oke-Ila is the Chairman, board of trustees of my organization.

Aside from that school, he has other humanitarian projects.

He's truly a man of influence. Leadership at the most basic level and I'm sure that John Maxwell will agree with me on this.

What's the essence of money? What's the essence of religion? What's the essence of politics? If it ain't about people and making the world a better place...

Kudos to HRH Oba Abolarin, igba odun, odun kan ni.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Obidiugwu: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nice one this is commendable!!!
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
BlackfireX:
What is the source of his money??

He was a polytechnic lecturer before he ascended the throne of his forefathers. He is not a rich man in the material sense of it ,but he is comfortable.

What makes the difference here is that while some of his colleagues kings are using their positions as kings to buy Bentleys,Mercedes and other exotic cars,his own passion is education and that's what he prioritises.

I know this because I know somebody that knows him.

10 Likes

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by CodeTemplar: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
sinkhole:
Do you know this school? Abolarin College in Oke-ila, Osun State.

NO school fees
Free hostel
Free food
Free internet
Free uniform
Free laptop for every child
24/7 Power supply

ALL paid by the town’s king. The king teaches too in the school.

We should celebrate such a nigerian!

What makes this school remarkable is that one major criteria for getting in is being poor. If your parents are rich, you cannot get admission.

Unlike other schools, Abolarin College wants poor kids who are very brilliant.

If you are poor but brilliant. The king will admit you!

It doesn’t matter the religion. It is not about nepotism, neither is it restricted to Yoruba children nor children from Oke ila.

It is about any less privileged child anywhere who is willing to be educated.

That is why the only criteria for admission is poverty and brilliance.

Twitter: @DrOlufunmilayo

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/25/free-education-abolarin-college-where-criteria-for-admission-is-poverty/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
All bankrolled by huge debt. Aregbesola practically adopted osun pupil and stopped paying their civil servant parents.
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Lanspower(m): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
I know this monarch personally. Before he was crowned the Orangun of Oke-Ila, he had been prominent for touching lives and encouraging kids to seek the best education. It came to us all a big surprise that he would choose to give up a very promising legal and high paying political jobs to confine himself to such rural settlement like Oke-Ila. He holds as B.Sc, Msc, LLB, and BL. Doksy as he is foundly nicknamed is a very exemplary monarch. May he live long

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by jovijovi: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nice one education is very important.

Buy any of our items and get a free waist trainer.
Check my signature for your waist trainer and other body shapers,
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by omonnakoda: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
tillaman:
did you skip the part that said ALL PAID BY THE KING
He is illiterate
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Sheriman(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by monz(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
I can not be sure that he's doing it without getting anything from it.

Some people will take pictures of themselves with group of children creating scenes of them doing something for free for those children but behind the camera it's something else.
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by EbukaHades10(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tifunloran:

Yes
Wow!! Person fit reason am.
Thanks
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Wasbayd: 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
illicit:
Could this be true

Very true, and the King is well known to me, Infact he is a friend to my family. Early 2019, I promised to pay the school fees of a boy that I knew, whose parents were struggling financially, but before I could, Oba Abolarin had taken in the boy. He is a true leader, and a great but no-noise-making philantropist.

5 Likes

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by qanda: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Thanks for sharing. A great contribution to Humankind.

Let me also mention Q and A App as an App of Nigerian origin with the most valuable free content, particularly for senior secondary school students.

Install the App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by illicit(m): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
Wasbayd:

Very true, and the King is well known to me, Infact he is a friend to my family. Early 2019, I promised to pay the school fees of a boy that I knew, whose parents were struggling financially, but before I could, Oba Abolarin had taken in the boy. He is a true leader, and a great but no-noise-making philantropist.

That's interesting, I like to work with such great minds, say, would you know if the Kabiyesi needs an English teacher and I can proof read or write his speeches and letters as well

3 Likes

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by pyman11(m): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
Wonderful from the king....God will continue to strength you to take it up to the university level
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by haiti007(m): 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
God bless this.
I also have a dream of doing something similar, God help me
Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tifunloran:
Very true.
I have a brother who worked in the school and a Corper who just finished his service.
One Ila Orangun is a peaceful town to live

See name

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by Quadranoo(m): 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2020
But here in Oyo, Alaafin is busy marrying all young NCE girls that the youths are supposed to be enjoying

5 Likes

Re: Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! by foleskay(m): 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Most kings in Yoruba land are ready made men, before becoming kings. Many of then have Excelled in their different fields of career. This king has made his money when he was in US.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Way This Lady Celebrated Her Graduation Has Gotten Twitter Users Upset / 4.98 CGPA In Mathematics: Toluwani Deborah UNILORIN Best Graduating Student 2019 / Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.