Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? (32218 Views)

Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
so long too long
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by hustleranthem(m): 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Majek beware, spirit of love, religion na politics, holy spirit, so long.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Zetty177x: 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
I & I Experience
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by ibeken: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send Down The Rain is my best.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by ibeken: 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send down the rain.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send down the rain.

I woke up this morning singing the song, only to log in to nairaland to see this news...

oh damn.. damn.
majekk

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send Down The Rain, Holy Spirit and Religion Is Politics
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by xpool(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
ArewaWife:
Send down the rain is my favourite because its the most powerful and spiritual song of his. The history behind the music is mind blowing
It may be your best but, it is neither the most spiritual nor the most powerful of all his songs

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by ArewaWife(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
xpool:

It may be your best but, it is neither the most spiritual nor the most powerful of all his songs
Have you read up on the history behind the song. Someone shared it here on nairaland in a past thread.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by xpool(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
tillaman:
Heaven and Earth will pass away
The spirit of love will never go away!!
Rip Mr Majekodunmi Fasheke!
You don turn poet now as him don die, wetin you do for am when him dey coli?

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by tillaman(m): 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
xpool:

You son turn poet now as him son die, wetin you do for am when him dey coli?
that is actually my favorite song from Majek Fashek sir!!
I hope you donated to his cause too

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by SaintBishop: 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send down the rain. Rip legend. cry
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by peculi(f): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Holy spirit, is my favourite .

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by fongee: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
Little patience anytime
Send down the rain night grove �
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Geminita: 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send down the rain

Holy spirit

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Chris2863(m): 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
We the indomie generation didn't meet him

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Xbolmax: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
I love so long too long
Anytime I listen to that song I feel in for Africa revolution
Damn!!!
That's the real song

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
I come from the Ghetto, no one knows tommorrow. Is my favourite.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
So long and holy spirit. I love both tracks. There was a particular song he did a remix with 2face, it did not sell anyway.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by hontimmy(m): 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs_kLWGlSJ0

this is cool

very talented

Rest on Legend.......

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Movicq(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
Tottiana ft Blueface baby
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by cerpvad(m): 5:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Me my favorite track remains 'Mother'
Never cry never cry, show your smile, show your smile

Abeg anyone to help with links to download this track. I don search Google tire, I no see am download
robosky02:
Nigeria's Raggaei legend Majek Fashek late: post his song you liked most.

After battling a long time illness, Nigerian music legend and reggae king Majekodunmi Fasheke, popularly called Majek Fashek, is dead.

Majek Fashek was born on March 7, 1963 in Benin City to an Edo mother and a Yoruba father but identifies with his Benin root.

Fashek was married to Rita Fashek who inspired the song Without You; the couple had four children but has since divorced.

Some of his musical works include Prisoner of Conscience that featured multiple award-winning tracks Send Down The Rain (1988), Little Patience, Spirit of Love, I & I Experience, So long too long, Rainmaker, Weep Not Children and Rasta Ganstar.

Here are few things to know about Majek the Rainmaker:

1. Majek Fashek various translations of his name Fasheke (Ifa-Kii-she-eke) include “high priest who does not lie”, “powers of miracles” and “(system or medium of) divination does not lie”.

2. After Majek’s parents separated, Fashek remained in Benin City with his mother and joined the choir in his local Aladura Church and learned to play the trumpet and guitar whilst composing songs for the choir.

3. In the early eighties Fashek, who at the time went by the stage name Rajesh Kanal, joined the group Jastix with McRoy Gregg, and was lead singer for Black Rice. They were best known as the in-house band on the show Music Panorama on NTA Benin City.

4. In 1988, shortly after Jastix disbanded Fashek, he began a solo career by releasing the album Prisoner of Conscience and became Nigeria’s top reggae artist after the song Send Down The Rain became the most popular song of the year.

5. In 1989, he won six PMAN awards, which included Song of the Year, Album of the Year, and Reggae Artist of the Year.

6. After leaving Tabansi Records, he was signed to CBS Nigeria in the early 1990s and released So Long Too Long. In 1990 he was signed to Interscope Records and released the critically acclaimed album Spirit Of Love, produced by “Little Steven” Van Zandt.

7. Fashek played a supporting role in the 2000 Nollywood movie Mark of the Beast and starred in a commercial for non-alcoholic beverage Diamant.

8. In 2016, he performed in a comedy show (with more than ten thousand audiences in attendance) in Lagos, Nigeria, with a roundly power-filled and soul-lifting performance.

9. In December 2016 Fashek contributed the song “We Are Not Afraid” to a video featuring 200 celebrities to raise funds for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and Human Rights Watch (HRW).

10. During the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians, he was unhappy about the Nigeria-South Africa crisis. He recalled that he did a song Free Mandela and it helped back then.

Source: Wikipedia

Some of his best hit's

Send Down the Rain’ and

‘So Long Too Long’.

‘Late Night with David Letterman’.

Prisoner of Conscience that featured multiple award-winning tracks Send Down The Rain (1988),

Little Patience, Spirit of Love, I & I Experience,

So long too long,

Rainmaker,

Weep Not Children and

Rasta Ganstar.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Rossycee(f): 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Send down the rain, spirit of love... RIP a great legend.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by tjxicee: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
Rip Majek Fashek. You were a legend. Nobody mentioned it but my favorite was ‘jah people’.

Oh Jah people stand and fight for your right
Show Oh Oh Jah people that your part of Jah light
Oh Oh Jah people stand and fight for your right
Show Oh Oh Jah people that your part of Jah light
Waye wayo
Waye wayooo
Iyeee waye wayo �

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by duality(m): 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
Genesis The beginning of Jah creation.

Also

Hotel California.

Mama dey dey , O yo yo !
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Honeydenz(f): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
fergie001:
So Long
Little Patience
Me too, little Patience!
I love d line in that track "the road to success is too narrow, the road to destruction is wide and open"

so true!!!!!!!!
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by IME1: 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Holy Spirit

You give me permission to add more
1. Religion na politics
2. Redemption song (cover)
3. Mother

May he rest in peace.
How many of us ever knew his late brother Joe Fabro
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by magzey: 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Mama mama mama yo. Papa papa papa yo Send down the rain grin grin grin grin grin.
RIP Majek Fashek
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by Carlyboi(m): 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
So long....Too Long...the first time I heard the song I loved it instantly talking bout Marcus Garvey,MLK jr,Haile Gabreselassie And their fight and sacrifices for black People

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by oruma19: 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2020
The way earthly things are going, anything might happen now
Unrighteous people, turning things upside down
Oh what a great confusion, in thus I-man generation,,
Oh lord, what a great confusion,
Oh Jah, what a tribulation...
Cover the earth, cover the earth IH righteousness.
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by KZuby: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
If you have faith you can move mountains. ( my fav.)
Re: Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? by noony926: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
Respect The RAIN Maker... Journey well... Get there In Peace. I and I say Jah to Bob and Peter...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I’m Open To Getting Married To Soma -- Angel Of Bb9ja Housemate(pics,vid) / Davido Signs New Artiste, Yonda, To DMW (Pics, Video) / Female Fan Gets A Valentine Gift From Banky-W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.