Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial (24531 Views)

The Shame Of Buhari's Foreign Medical Trips - Guardian Editorial / Garba Shehu Attacks The Guardian Editorial On Buhari’s Stewardship / Guardian Editorial: The Ban On Okada In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by slimfit1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
Buhari has the right to put anyone there if you are not comfortable with it kiss transformer shekena
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by ferdvict2(m): 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Am bothered if only those that voted him are not complaining and they should dare to complain.

Besides he doesn't understand what Federal character means.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Conrod: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
All of us go hear am,whether u poor or rich.ask zimbabweans.
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by darfay: 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
sureheaven:
I regretted supporting buhari but never regret Atiku didn't win. And to Racoon, you still have 3 more years to lament and wail.

Would suggest you find something better to do for the period of that 3 years.

We are where we are today because of stupid people like you

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Oga is Fighting corruption.
And corruption is fighting back.
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by MummyIMadeIt: 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
I only but can grin at the recent happenings in the country called Nigeria.

Well as them talk am for pidgin say first to do no the pain so shall the case be for her(Nigeria)

Though we were warned by a Pastor of RCCG about the Islamization Agenda of this current government before the elections in 2015, yet we took it for granted.

It's to late to savage her(Nigeria) as I can bet you that the next leader cum President of Nigeria will build on the already laid bad foundation of Buhari, and damn all consequences.

I just wish the next leader can come from the South, then shall the true game begin.

Again I shall end with the pidgin adage no be person wey first go call police the win case

1 Like

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Chirowman(m): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
Nigeria matter don tire person to settle ,make dem use am anyhow na Lugard bring the problem.one is each and every human being should know that nobody man is superior to each other.Nigeria belong to us all whether fulani,hausa,Igbo,yoruba and Ijaw ,we are equal and one no matter the language,cultural and ethnic diversity .Divide will fall united will stand.
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by slowice(m): 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
As long as a Christian in kano cannot freely without fear express his faith openly... We re not a nation

The fact a Yoruba or igbo cannot be minister of fct shows that we re not a nation

Some may choose to be blind and act like these things don't matter but its all that really matters and we must sit down and discuss these and more if we would ever become a nation.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by codedguy1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
smizy:
Who go follow u read this rubbish a good citizen of this country should summarise after reading... Nonsense

I consider myself a good citizen of this country grin grin

That you cannot read this interesting piece is a shame, but I will summarize the article for you.

It simply says the dullard in chief is the most bigoted, nepotistic, tribalistic, clannish, sentimental, rettarded, parochial, illiterate to be in charge of a country. And he displays those attributes with the highest level of stupid pride.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by madridsta007(m): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
Racoon:

https://m.guardian.ng/opinion/buhari-and-his-federal-character-virus/

There is nothing Buhari is doing now that should surprise anyone.
Yet a certain tribe and a certian region ensured that he won in 2015.
Guardian should lay the blame squarely on this certain tribe and leave Buhari alone.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by maestroferddi: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Who else is with me?

Nnamdi Kanu begins to call out people and establishments...

Then suddenly crucial letters and bold, damning editorials begin to pour down from everywhere...

If only Nnamdi Kanu can moderate and refine his utterances....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by membranus: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
SocialJustice:
We complain too much, when Tinubu becomes president, he should retire all the aboki at the top and replace them with Yoruba. Case closed.

Na you go make Tinubu prez? Or you fit vote for am?
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Ginomel(m): 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
SocialJustice:
We complain too much, when Tinubu becomes president, he should retire all the aboki at the top and replace them with Yoruba. Case closed.

Maybe you said this to be a joke but I bet you I bought the idea.

I prefer a Yoruba to be in every sensitive position knowing fully well that an average Yoruba man can be treacherous and betray his fellow kinsman .

Unlike an average northerner that is very faithful and committed to the cause he was brought in for.

"As GMD of NNPC, ensure you employ all northerners, " He will definitely go and do so completely. That is why we are in a very critical situation presently in Nigeria.

Note : This is not to ridicule any tribe but just for illustration.
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by OlujobaSamuel: 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
seborrhic:

I hate it when people attack him with the nepotism and clannishness tag,neglecting a wider and far more underlying issue;his monumental,gross and crass incompetence.
It serves him well when his lopsided appointments are just the focus of the discourse,while he continues taking Nigeria backwards in all spheres of life.
Honestly,that GEJ can be said to be better than any Nigerian leader,shows the monumental hole Buhari has dug Nigeria into.
You are on point. The man is grossly incompetent, that's why he is not even aware of so many things.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
Those who think Buhari will allow a southerner to take over from him in 2023 are only fooling themselves. Buhari's mission is to perfect the vision of Uthman Dan fodio which is fulanis total dominance of the entity called Nigeria.

Fulani are not politically relevant in any of the west African countries again except Nigeria and that's why they are ready to do anything,including war, to keep Nigeria as their home. Does anyone think it was a mere accident that Mr Buhari opened the country's borders for his fulani kinsmen from all over west Africa to migrate into the country unscreened sometimes ago ? It is part of the grand plan guys.

Buhari is an irredeemable tribal warlord and ethnic chauvinist. In year 2000,he hurriedly visited,accompanied by Marwa, the late governor of Oyo state,Alhaji Lam Adeshina in Ibadan during the crisis between Oke Ogun farmers and fulani herdsmen. The first question he put to Lam when they met was : why are your people (Yoruba farmers) killing my people (fulani herdsmen) ? The Governor being an intelligent man with high sense of local wisdom,looked at him and said : your excellency, so the Yoruba farmers are not your people even as the past head of state ? He (Buhari) was speechless and embarrassed. Adeshina thereafter told him that if he had taken side in the crisis and viewed the farmers as "his own people" too,there would not be a single fulani man anywhere alive in the whole of Oyo state. Buhari left that meeting with his tails in between his legs !

It is a mistake for anybody, especially southerners, to regard General Buhari as the president of Nigeria. I mean a president who sees every part of the country as his constituency. No ,he is not; he is the president of arewa that uses the resources of Nigeria to take care of his people.

There are thousands of Buharis in the north,especially among his fulani clan,who share same ideology and belief with the man. Buhari's grand plan is to ensure that he hands over to another northerner who shares his belief and ideology come 2023. This is why there may be a major crisis in Nigeria on or before 2023.

It goes beyond the lopsided appointment. The plan is to ensure total dominance of Nigeria by ethnic fulani.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by ajangboju: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
3 more years of wailing and nepotism
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Robisky001(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
Buhari is very clannish and st*pid.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
I wish his regime could just be truncated by an overthrow. This should serve to teach future leaders a lesson.
The man should be sent back to where he came from ASAP.
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Guide777(m): 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
sureheaven:
I regretted supporting buhari but never regret Atiku didn't win. And to Racoon, you still have 3 more years to lament and wail.

You think it's up 3yrs? Sorry dear, the carpet has already been removed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by ofiko123(m): 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Buhari is a dullard...
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by 3Ceagle(m): 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Buhari is ruling well according to his capacity.
He is the best thing to happen to nigeria in his mind.
He is very active as a leader especially when the issue does not threaten his position. Actively quiet.
He controls his government like a king, sit in abuja, and send out his delegates to speak to his sujects. That is delegation and preserving the pride of the stool.
He has many friends in Nigerian, who are only his tribes men, afterall those a true Nigerians, others are infidel and incompetent for appointments.
He is a very caring leader, that is why indigenous land owner are in IDP camps where they are properly cared for.
He is a man of action, that was why he requested for emergency power and continued to rubbish our constitution.it is too slow and restrictive.
He has simplicity and integrity, that is why he does not care if history will be kind to him like mandela, luther king, Ghandi. All those are vanity.
These are some of the qualities of our president, the best in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by egoldman(m): 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
smizy:
Who go follow u read this rubbish a good citizen of this country should summarise after reading... Nonsense

I read it all, in summary, it says you are very stupid.
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by element44: 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
What has begining will definately have an end. It is a matter of time the time the stammerer will pronounce his fathers name. I am not suprised based on who Buhari was and the comments attributed to him when he first ruled Nigeria.
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by precious1967(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
talkin to deaf and dumb
Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Enwhen(m): 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
tysontim:
Only a Southern president can solve this

When a southern president tries this , they will.resist it ...maybe u new , infact there was a time under GEJ, a nominee from the north died and was to be replaced by someone from the north but becuase the new replacement was a northern christain, there was serious outrage from the north ...just imagine if the replacement was to be from the south ...look at the replacement of Minister of Finance , Adeosun(Ogun) , she was replaced with a northerner , who currently retained the position , what about Fowler Baba ?,...countless , go to NNPC and federal agencies to see what is happening, it's too obvious ...at first I thought maybe because of Baba first experience in1983, for the military chiefs , but witb what I know now, ...Nigeria will never be one again ...the Unity of Nigeria has been completed destroyed by Baba Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by DexterousOne(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
sureheaven:

What we should pray for is that in three years time

Nigeria does not descend into chaos due to the actions of that man in Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by DexterousOne(m): 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Enwhen:

When a southern president tries this , they will.resist it ...maybe u new , infact there was a time under GEJ, a nominee from the north died and was to be replaced by someone from the north but becuase the new replacement was a northern christain, there was serious outrage from the north ...just imagine if the replacement was to be from the south ...look at the replacement of Minister of Finance , Adeosun(Ogun) , she was replaced with a northerner , who currently retained the position , what about Fowler Baba ?,...countless , go to NNPC and federal agencies to see what is happening, it's too obvious ...at first I thought maybe because of Baba first experience in1983, for the military chiefs , but witb what I know now, ...Nigeria will never be one again ...the Unity of Nigeria has been completed destroyed by Baba Buhari.

A southern president can do same and heaven will not fall.

It's just that GEJ was a reasonable president

And even as such

The southerners can also resist this as well
But they would rather not

1 Like

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by Enwhen(m): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
DexterousOne:

A southern president can do same and heaven will not fall.

It's just that GEJ was a reasonable president

And even as such

The southerners can also resist this as well
But they would rather not

See , with the structure they are planting in most federal parastatas , it will be difficult for any Southern president , to try such...the south is even divided making it impossible...just imagine , world world was told by the president to go to the north , and the president of world bank said it, same thing to many national companies ....some people were criticizing DJ cupoy and Dad , for sending billion to north east, bit they failed to enquire the reason behind it... Baba Buhari is not just doing all this alone , he is also grooming and training many to continue with this legacies of dominance , plss mark my monicker, when Baba leaves u will see what will happen

1 Like

Re: Buhari And His Federal Character Virus - The Guardian Editorial by guvna(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
Sebastine1994:
I blame my father and his generation for this, them too fear I beg.

Nigeria would have sent men to space, cured cancer and become a poster child for the black race.

if I had my way, I would get 200 friends in every town and villages of nigeria before the next election and we would rewrite our history

this is not the news paper headline I want to read in this generation,

Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns / Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha / Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.