Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit (262 Views)

COVID-19 Testing Resumes In Kano / COVID-19 Testing In South Africa & Other African Countries / USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by dre11(m): 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
.Says equipment cheap, affordable

Stanley Uzoaru, Owerri

The chairman, Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers, Eze Samuel Agunwa Ohiri has manufactured a five-minute Coronavirus testing kit.

Ohiri an American-trained medical scientist told our correspondent that the feat was achieved in his medical factory, Hi-Tech Diagnostics Ltd located at Obi-Orodo in Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo State.

According to the reverred traditional ruler, the kit took him about two months to manufacture. “We worked very hard to develop the test kit since early March, 2020; we are glad its a success .”

Ohiri explained that the test kit is not only synonymous with its quick response test but also has active radiant to detect “IgG and IgM” antibodies to COVID-19 in human blood samples .

He maintained that the test kit does not require any special equipment, adding that it can be performed in hospitals, clinics and laboratories.

Meanwhile, Ohiri has assurred that his kit would be cheapely supplied to various hospitals, clinics and laboratories as soon as it has been validated by appropriate authorities just as he hoped that it will increase the country’s capacity to test more Nigerians with a view to ascertaining their COVID-19 status.

He also disclosed that a batch of the test kit produced in his factory has been sent to Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria working in-collaboration with Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and Federal Ministry of Health, for validation.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/breaking-news-imo-monarch-manufactures-5-minute-covid-19-testing-kit/

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by dialajenni(f): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Is okay
Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by Veryfoolishboy: 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Odikuwa risky. A while back I bought a made in Aba shoe. I thought it was the original.

Below was the result

Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by BENARI: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
March on Ndi Igbo, March on!!! One day, it will all come together.

Igbo Kwezuenu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by PowerOfLove: 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ok
Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by Lorazepam(f): 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
I hope it proves to be sensitive and specific enough, so it can be validated quickly for possible use.

We can't keep waiting for PCR test which is less accessible and takes about 4 days sef for result to come out , and what is paining me seriously about this thing is that patients who have other diseases with symptoms similar to covid 19 are actually being rejected from hospitals because of the inability to test for covid 19 and are thus sent home to die.

Moreover, at this snail pace at which NCDC is testing, I am wondering how they want to achieve their aim of testing 2 million Nigerians by June ending. Maybe they meant June next year sha since they're still on about 60k tests atm.

1 Like

Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by jjcgrill(f): 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
shocked
Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by SirWarlock: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
Lorazepam:
I hope it proves to be sensitive and specific enough, so it can be validated quickly for possible use.

We can't keep waiting for PCR test which is less accessible and takes about 4 days sef for result to come out , and what is paining me seriously about this thing is that patients who have other diseases with symptoms similar to covid 19 are actually being rejected from hospitals because of the inability to test for covid 19 and are thus sent home to die.

Moreover, at this snail pace at which NCDC is testing, I am wondering how they want to achieve their aim of testing 2 million Nigerians by June ending. Maybe they meant June next year sha since they're still on about 60k tests atm.
Wow a comment not attacking ptf or NCDC. At least before the usual comments arrive sad.

yeah they probably mean June next year if we're to go buy their 2000 daily tests.

1 Like

Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
This covid-19 pandemic is really taking its toll on d African continent and these are indeed challenging times.....even monarch must fight tooth and nail just to earn something....ndi monarch makes testing kits....I can't laff oo grin grin
Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by chariisGRACE(m): 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Eze Samuel Agunwa Amaka
Imo state Amaka
Igbo Amaka

Seun what happened to the Xiaomi thread?

#BringBackXiaomiThread
Re: Imo Monarch Manufactures 5-minute COVID-19 Testing Kit by Lorazepam(f): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
This covid-19 pandemic is really taking its toll on d African continent and these are indeed challenging times.....even monarch must fight tooth and nail just to earn something....ndi monarch makes testing kits....I can't laff oo grin grin

Try to read the article sir.

It said he is a trained Medical scientist and owns a factory that produces test kits.

A simple google search showed that he obtained a degree in Medical Technology from an American University and worked in US for a while prior to becoming a monarch in Imo state, moreover his company has also in the past produced nafdac approved pregnancy and HIV test kits.

Don't always be in a hurry to poke fun at people who are actually trying to make a difference in the country.

(1) (Reply)

Former DPR Director, Mac Ofurhie, 75, Is Dead / Latest Coronavirus News Update For Sat, 6 June 2020 / How Does Medicine Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.