Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python (4197 Views)

Python Programmers Hang-out / Python Programmers Lets Meet Here!!! / Do Companies Employ Python Programmers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Python by TUANKU(m): 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
How much are you willing to pay?
Re: Python by kingoftech: 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Which brand did you smoke?
Re: Python by godofuck231: 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
python+snake=x nairalanders solve for X
answer = lala
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hey Munich bro..
I am done with the task.
I used C++ as I use the language for writing all my algorithms.
I wrote a Polynomial-to-Root Algorithm.
It can iterate from root to polynomial and vice versa. I would post pictures of my workings and my algo. I tried snapping my laptop screen, but it is blurry, so I use a mobile compile(running C++11).
For the root to polynomial conversion, I'd recommend you divide all by coefficient a, as I use that method for my algorithm.

1 Like

Re: Python by olioxx(m): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Now its algorithm time.... I wrote an algorithm that does root to polynomial conversion(stumbled upon it)
Check em out.
I will recommend you code/run if you've got a C compiler.

Re: Python by olioxx(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
More...

Re: Python by olioxx(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
So munichlover, I want to give you two task. Task1: Write an Algorithm that does root to polynomial conversion. Task 2: Write an Algorithm to establish a palindrome. Task2b: Write a pattern algorithm of your choice. I want to challenge the German Education in you(Just for fun OK). .. I hope I have shown you that the Nigerian Education is not [b]all [/b]crap. ...
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Python by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 05, 2020
olioxx:
Hey Munich bro..
I am done with the task.
I used C++ as I use the language for writing all my algorithms.
I wrote a Polynomial-to-Root Algorithm.
It can iterate from root to polynomial and vice versa. I would post pictures of my workings and my algo. I tried snapping my laptop screen, but it is blurry, so I use a mobile compile(running C++11).
For the root to polynomial conversion, I'd recommend you divide all by coefficient a, as I use that method for my algorithm.
. Bro I appreciate your work, but this is not the task and the language is not C++

Python bro, and the task is:

Task 1 : Find the real roots of polynomial equations

The task is to write a python program that determines the real roots of a polynomial equation of arbitrary order using the Newton method with Horner’s scheme.

Part of the final report addressing this task should contain a short description of the implementation you have developed and adopted as well the afferent python program file should be uploaded as annex. The implementation should be validated by testing the program with different polynomial equations of different orders.

Besides you are comparing me who has just one semester to do a programming course and you who has done it all your life.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 7:50am On Jun 05, 2020
Munichlover:
. Bro I appreciate your work, but this is not the task and the language is not C++

The task is to write a python program that determines the real roots of a polynomial equation of arbitrary order using the Newton method with Horner’s scheme.

Part of the final report addressing this task should contain a short description of the implementation you have developed and adopted as well the afferent python program file should be uploaded as annex. The implementation should be validated by testing the program with different polynomial equations of different orders.

Besides you are comparing me who has just one semester to do a programming course and you who has done it all your life.
I tested the algorithm using quadratic polynomial and cubic polynomial(although I am working on quartic polynomial)
regarding that Newton-Horner method you talked about, I just want to tell you to go through my algorithm, you will see I used the method, I followed the method prescribed on Wikipedia.
I dont fully understand the Newton-Horner method, so I try to combine the little Newton-Horner method I know with my own written algorithm.
Anyways it's been fun.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Munichlover:

LOL

I am still relatively young in the world of Software Engineering ooo.
Me no be baba ooo.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 8:19am On Jun 05, 2020
>>> Line 207 - 220: Algorithm for Quadratic Polynomial >>> Line 234: Algorithm for Cubic Polynomial.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 8:26am On Jun 05, 2020
>>> line 254: First output >>> 260-264: Print out all the root >>> 264-266: Coefficient of quadratic polynomial >>> 267 - 272: print out root >>> 274-277: convert from root back to polynomial. ... you talked about real root(irrational root) and not imaginary root(complex)
Re: Python by LogTM: 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
olioxx:
So munichlover, I want to give you two task.
Task1: Write an Algorithm that does root to polynomial conversion.
Task 2: Write an Algorithm to establish a palindrome.
Task2b: Write a pattern algorithm of your choice.
I want to challenge the German Education in you(Just for fun OK).
I hope I have shown you that the Nigerian Education is not [b]all [/b]crap.
Re: Python by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
I no even understand shishi
Re: Python by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 06, 2020
LogTM:

In as much as I agree with you that Nigerian education is not all crap. I feel your approach is quite obnoxious and pointless.

This problem took you 2 days to solve and it actually lead you to Google where you got the info that brought about this solution.

It's just pointless. Really pointless.

And Munichlover I was expecting this to be a gig where you drop your assignment and pay us a few bucks to do it for you. You disappointed me.

Anyway I am not asking you to cheat study and be good. Teach us - anyway you are doing so.

Bye
I have responded to your PM
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 7:35am On Jun 06, 2020
LogTM:

In as much as I agree with you that Nigerian education is not all crap. I feel your approach is quite obnoxious and pointless.

This problem took you 2 days to solve and it actually lead you to Google where you got the info that brought about this solution.

And Munichlover I was expecting this to be a gig where you drop your assignment and pay us a few bucks to do it for you. You disappointed me.

Anyway I am not asking you to cheat study and be good. Teach us - anyway you are doing so.

Bye
With due respect sir, thank you for the insult.
And it was not 2 days, but about two days.
Yes, I used Google to find some clue to writing the algo(I went to wikipedia, geek for geek and harkerio), but these site only gave me a leap to writing the algo, I doubt if you are a professional software engineer or if you have written production code. You will realize that you use search engine to gather info to give you a starter.
Now with due respect sir, pls I want you to finish the task I gave Munichlover in 2days.
When you are done then we can discuss.
Jah bless.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 7:36am On Jun 06, 2020
25tolife:
Are you a C++ programmer? Yes or No
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 7:40am On Jun 06, 2020
25tolife:
Since you dont understand, I want you to write a psuedocode for solving polynomial.
Once you are done we can discuss.
Re: Python by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 06, 2020
olioxx:

Since you dont understand, I want you to write a psuedocode for solving polynomial.
Once you are done we can discuss.
bros ahbeg na SLT , I study. I no even understand wetin u dae talk....mo japaa
Re: Python by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 06, 2020
olioxx:

Are you a C++ programmer? Yes or No
no bro...i just stumble upon una thread nah oo.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 8:44am On Jun 06, 2020
25tolife:
bros ahbeg na SLT , I study. I no even understand wetin u dae talk....mo japaa
Pardon my ignorance, what is SLT.
Re: Python by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 06, 2020
olioxx:
.. Pardon my ignorance, what is SLT.
science labouratory technology.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
LogTM:

Cc: Munichlover

Bye
Done with the Quartic Polynomial.
I decided to sit my butt down and complete the algo. Now Mr Insulter I want you to go to Google or whatever and you must write out your algorithm for solving Quartic Polynomial and also an algorithm that convert from root to polynomial. This challenge is inclusive of the other challenge I gave you. I am patiently waiting for your algorithm. You can use Google(that's only if you find the solution on Google) and pls provide me your implementation of your algorithm.
For the root to polynomial algo, the coeff are divided by coeff a.

Re: Python by LogTM: 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
olioxx:

Done with the Quartic Polynomial.
I decided to sit my butt down and complete the algo. Now Mr Insulter I want you to go to Google or whatever and you must write out your algorithm for solving Quartic Polynomial and also an algorithm that convert from root to polynomial. This challenge is inclusive of the other challenge I gave you. I am patiently waiting for your algorithm. You can use Google(that's only if you find the solution on Google) and pls provide me your implementation of your algorithm.
For the root to polynomial algo, the coeff are divided by coeff a.

You took too long to finish this bro. It's embarrassing �

Anyway I am busy at the moment because I have lots of course work to devour on Udacity. And some personal projects that I am working on at the moment.

Please reread your code and the Google stuff you used to write it. Try refactoring the code and pay attention to time complexity and memory usage. And use reusable code to avoid repetition.

I will look into my own implementation when I have the time.
Re: Python by boscho(m): 1:52am On Jun 07, 2020
Interesting work here Oliox, but u don't need to compete with anyone here. Do things at your own pace. U don't even know if the person challenging you is using your code 4 and assignment he is supposed to do. There are many programming gurus abroad from Nigeria that are indispensable, so its not a matter of region you come from.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2020
LogTM:

You took too long to finish this bro. It's embarrassing �

Anyway I am busy at the moment because I have lots of course work to devour on Udacity. And some personal projects that I am working on at the moment.

Please reread your code and the Google stuff you used to write it. Try refactoring the code and pay attention to time complexity and memory usage. And use reusable code to avoid repetition.

I will look into my own implementation when I have the time.
Spare me the story.
Do yours, you aint gonna teach me algorithm, I know bout tha(time and space complexity).
When you have time and you have written your algorithm with your time(Onlogn) and space complexity, then you can chat me up.
I am also working too, but I took time out.
Just pls do write your own algo and let me see. SIMPLE
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 9:25am On Jun 07, 2020
boscho:
Interesting work here Oliox, but u don't need to compete with anyone here. Do things at your own pace. U don't even know if the person challenging you is using your code 4 and assignment he is supposed to do. There are many programming gurus abroad from Nigeria that are indispensable, so its not a matter of region you come from.
I appreciate, but once again that LogTM guy is trying to be too snobbish. The only thing he has been doing is casting me down like I'm a kick back.
Whereas na mouth the guy get, giving me silly excuses. I just want him to write his own algo and let every one see, instead of bashing me and giving excuses.
Once again I aint competing with anybody.
Ceteres Paribus I will vacate this thread and come back when Master G LogTM has had time to implement his master algo.

2 Likes

Re: Python by Abasman007: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Munichlover:

I have responded to your PM
hello bro.. am an Akwa-ibomote...
I'll soon be heading to germany (Bremen precisely) as soon as my admission is confirmed. It's a flight school (
; I uhm dumb when it comes to germany and I don't think I'll have the time to prep once it's confirmed.
I don't know if Munich and bremen can be compared but I'll love to know what accommodation in germany looks like, the web doesn't give me what I want. What's the rent like for a small studio private apartment (room) what we'll call self contained in nigeria?

And flight school is Time consuming and I have to be in school Monday to Friday (only) . I'll love to know if there are jobs I can do only on Saturdays or Sundays? At least to help pay for insurance,bus and train passes and bills.. I know most things will come from my pocket but atleast to augment.?

And how much am I generally looking to spend per month on general cost of living?

Covd19 is a blessing In disguise as I have time to prep. Awaiting when borders will be open and I'll be confirmed.
Please reply
Re: Python by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 12, 2020
olioxx:

Spare me the story.
Do yours, you aint gonna teach me algorithm, I know bout tha(time and space complexity).
When you have time and you have written your algorithm with your time(Onlogn) and space complexity, then you can chat me up.
I am also working too, but I took time out.
Just pls do write your own algo and let me see. SIMPLE
you are really impressive
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 8:28am On Jun 14, 2020
LogTM:
Olioxx.

So I finally had the time to implement the method in Python. And no, I am not sharing my code here because it's pointless to do so.

I believe you are still in secondary school and that is why you used the discriminant in finding the roots. Which is great. I didn't check to verify if what you did there is correct though but I believe you might be a smart dude and you did a great job.

Anyway, the Newton's method with Horner's scheme doesn't use the descriminant to find the roots of a polynomial just like the Bisection method, Secant etc.

You learn these methods in uni. I learnt it in my second year.

The Newton-horners method, just like the name is a combination of both the Newton's method and the Horner's scheme in an iterative way.

If you want me to explain it with proofs and an example so that you could probably implement it. Make a request and I will do so.

Now, to the interesting part. You were arguing with Munichlover (great guy, with great personality) claiming he is proud, etc. Let me share my experience with the course and Nigerian education.

The course was called Numerical Methods and it was taught in 200l first semester. I had a D in that f*cking course. Did I not study? Well let's see.

Firstly the Prof that taught us had no direction at all. I mean no plans whatsoever. When you say Nigerian education, we are talking about the system as in the way tests, exams, lab is planned. It's not successful graduates that should be quoted.

Many of you in this thread started mentioning names of successful medical doctors, my bro you are wrong. You forget that success in school doesn't contribute 100% to success in the real world. Those guys might be good in social skills etc. Mind you, all Nigerians are good socially. An igbo man can sell real human shit to you and you will buy it because of how convincing they are.

Back to what I was trying to say. We had no plans whatsoever for the course. Normally, Nigeria system gives 30 marks for CA. Now tell me, how many marks out of the CA is allocated to tests and how many tests exactly? How many to assignments and practicals

My Prof gave us upto 10 tests!!! It was supposed to be 1 or 2 right?

If the man comes to class very early in the morning and the class is scanty, test! He is teaching and we make noise, test! He is solving a problem on the board and didn't get the right answer, test! He asks a question in class and we didn't know the answer, another test!

I didn't know which to take seriously because it wasn't planned at all. People were cheating. Class was over crowded and I also missed some of the tests. You see. A failed system.

In America, test are run like exams. They have set number of tests, assignments, with dates etc. I don't school there though, but that's what I heard.

The final stroke that broke the camel's back, in this case, my f*cking back, was the exams. He gave us 45 questions to answer in 1:30hrs. Mind you, it wasn't even muliti choice. We were to write only the answers to the questions. This was a course that was iterative. If you are to find x3 for a polynomial, you're solving eg Newton's rules 3 times, and must be correctly, before you arrive at an answer. Imagine solving 45 of such in 1:30hrs. A failed system bro.

Nobody regulates the lecturers. They do what they feel like doing. They throw your scripts away.

You write exams that you don't see results of. They're not even ashamed to tell you your scripts are missing.

Failed system bro. F*cking failed system.

iwanvisityankee

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Learn C++ Programming Language / I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? / Where Can I Get Books On Programing In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.