Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,574 members, 7,847,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:14 PM

Python - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python (4210 Views)

Python Programmers Hang-out / Python Programmers Lets Meet Here!!! / Do Companies Employ Python Programmers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Python by LogTM: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
olioxx:

The Newton's method, Horner's scheme and Newton's-Horners scheme are one and the same thing.

The difference is that at Newton's-Horners scheme, the value of c1 and b0 are gotten from Horner's scheme iteratively and then put into Newton's method (also iteratively) to get the root of the equation.

So normally you choose a value of x0 and solve iteratively till there's no more change in the values, or till the difference is less than the tolerance, or the number of iterations is complete. The value for the x in that iteration is claimed as the root of the polynomial e.g x5.

In the example below, I did just one iteration of the Newton's iteration. There are conditions for the number of iterations and for choosing values of x0 from an interval. I mentioned some above.
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
LogTM:

The Newton's method, Horner's scheme and Newton's-Horners scheme are one and the same thing.

The difference is that at Newton's-Horners scheme, the value of c1 and b0 are gotten from Horner's scheme iteratively and then put into Newton's method (also iteratively) to get the root of the equation.

So normally you choose a value of x0 and solve iteratively till there's no more change in the values, or till the difference is less than the tolerance, or the number of iterations is complete. The value for the x in that iteration is claimed as the root of the polynomial e.g x5.

In the example below, I did just one iteration of the Newton's iteration. There are conditions for the number of iterations and for choosing values of x0 from an interval. I mentioned some above.
First of all, I appreciate the time spent on your implementation. But first, just because I told you I'm a teen doesn't mean that I am still in Secondary School, I'm past Secondary School.
Secondly, Numeric Analysis happens to be something I just potentially discovered as a result of MunichL post. And such I used the definition from Wikipedia, and from my FutherMaths knowedge from Sec School to solve. I am a Software person by trade, and I am into creating of software and algos. I might be wrong, but Numeric Analysis is categorically inclined to the engineering world especially those linked to Physics, Mathematics(general), and little bit of Computer Science. I am into Discrete Mathematic, Algorithms and Data Structure, OOP, Computer Architecture and x86. So I'm relatively new into pure Numeric Analysis.
Third, as I've always said, I agree that the Nigerian Educational System is crap, but NOT ALL facet of the Nigerian Education is crap. And every person is entitled to believe whatever they want to believe.
Forth, I would love to read your Python code, I can code Python, so it will be feasible for me to understand your code.
Fifth, I would also love you input some values into your code and let your code process the input and print out the desire output. Also please share screenshot.
Lastly, I appreciate your contribution, I have learnt a lot, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Python by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Constructive criticism in a friendly manner. Always welcomed smiley
Re: Python by olioxx(m): 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Munichlover:
Constructive criticism in a friendly manner. Always welcomed smiley
It will be utterly pointless, baseless, and unfounded to engage in war of words. Life is too short for unecessary argument.
We aint gonna gain anything with stupid random argument.
As my mantra goes, "LAS LAS WE GO DE ALRIGHT"
Re: Python by LogTM: 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
Thank Munichlover, at least you learnt something from this grin

The implementation is pretty straight forward. Try doing it yourself.

No be forming Sha.
Re: Python by LogTM: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2020
Munichlover:

I have responded to your PM

Baba didn't disappoint las las. Thanks for the help bro.
Re: Python by Abasman007: 12:02am On Jun 16, 2020
Munichlover:

I have responded to your PM
crap all through...the thing is you don't know there is something better than fan until you enter AC

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Learn C++ Programming Language / Where Can I Get Books On Programing In Lagos / [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.