Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way (20595 Views)

Details Of The Lagos Regional Road Project (Video, Pictures) / Lekki Regional Road: LASG Comences Removal Of Structures On Right Of Way / Sanwo-Olu Flags Off Construction Of Regional Road In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Ravon: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
…Elegushi Royal House loses part of family land to road construction

Sequel to the order by the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, directing the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development to reclaim the encroached alignments of Regional Road in Lekki axis, the State Government has revoked the planning approval on sections of Elegushi Chieftaincy Family land that fall within the designated Right-of-Way (RoW) of the road.

Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Dr. Idris Salako, made the development known in a statement on Tuesday, saying the revocation was necessitated by the need to remove impediments in the way of the ongoing construction of the Regional Road.

Regional Road was first conceived by the State Government in the Lagos Metropolitan Master Plan (1980-2000) and was retained in the approved Lekki Comprehensive Master Plan of 2013. The road is a precursor to the proposed Fourth Mainland Bridge and upon completion, it is expected to relieve the ever-busy Lekki-Epe Expressway of traffic gridlocks.

It should be recalled that Governor Sanwo-Olu, last Saturday, flagged off the construction of the 8.75 kilometre-long Regional Road at a groundbreaking ceremony where he directed the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development to reclaim the alignments that were gazetted for the road.

Acting on the Governor’s order, the Ministry mopped up physical developments, including private housing estates and shanties that encumbered the RoW. The part of the Elegushi Chieftaincy Family layout, which falls within 29 coordinates in the 500 hectares approved for the family in the 1991 Lagos Metropolitan Master Plan, was found in the alignment.

The Commissioner invoked Section 21(1) (a) of Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law, 2015, cancelling the planning approval on layout captured in the affected coordinates.

Salako said: “It has been established by the State Government that some estates, buildings, structures have encroached on the Right of Way (RoW) of the Regional Road in Lekki axis. Recent observations revealed that this very important transportation corridor has been encumbered by physical developments, including shanties, which negate the objectives of which the road was conceived.

“Consequently, take notice that by virtue of Section 21(1) (a) of Lagos State Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law, 2015, I hereby revoke in part, a section of Elegushi Chieftaincy Family Layout that falls within the established coordinates.”

The State, in 1991, granted title to land totalling about 500 hectares and issued layout approval, wherein four major roads were recognized. They are Coastal Road and Lekki-Epe Expressway on the southern part of Elegushi land; Regional Road and Lagoon Road on the northern part of the Elegushi layout. All the roads are running parallel to one another. The roads were envisioned as strategic infrastructure to engender socio-economic and transportation development of the State.

https://brandspurng.com/2020/06/02/regional-road-lagos-govt-revokes-titles-of-lekki-land-encroaching-right-of-way/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
Cool
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Lyydia(f): 4:34am On Jun 03, 2020
I hope they are compensated.

...God bless Lagos! cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Hoephase: 4:35am On Jun 03, 2020
Those lands were cleared and approved for development by government officials.

I hope the present government compensate those that are affected.

Nigeria case tire me, this is common in every states every new government will look for a way to take a chunk off government land.

The previous governor of my state sold all the play grounds in my state to his associates.

The new governor is now trying to figure out how to reclaim those parks and put it into the intended use without stepping on toes.

I wish Lagos State government would made the governor on whose tenor these lands were sold off to pay a part of the compensation to the affected.

18 Likes

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by tillaman(m): 4:35am On Jun 03, 2020
Whatever it takes! Eko onibaje

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by bukhety(f): 4:35am On Jun 03, 2020
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 03, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Mercykayy(m): 4:37am On Jun 03, 2020
Y
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by ahahnow: 4:38am On Jun 03, 2020
Is Ijebu a part of that?
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by funmike83(f): 4:38am On Jun 03, 2020
J
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by wunmi590(m): 4:38am On Jun 03, 2020
undecided
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Successmind(m): 4:39am On Jun 03, 2020
Nawa o, from landlord to tenant.. Make God help d affected...

3 Likes

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Ayhomes(m): 4:43am On Jun 03, 2020
Hmm
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by ForeThinker: 4:43am On Jun 03, 2020
undecided

Abii oo
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by edunoli: 4:57am On Jun 03, 2020
That's good
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by fmwise2k(m): 4:59am On Jun 03, 2020
grin
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by StagethemTVee: 5:05am On Jun 03, 2020
Buying land in the lekki, ajah, sangotedo axis has to be done with due diligence if not, voicemail is your matter in a few years.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Flye: 5:09am On Jun 03, 2020
ok
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 03, 2020
If a royal family can lose their land, can someone help me tell the yeastern blodas that theirs is notin to revoke...

grin

Chest beat no action... Pls who can help me find the girl from Nnamdi Azikwe University... I have a urgent need for her

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 03, 2020
Ipob will still blame this man for the underdevelopment in their region. Awon developer aye.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Akpaamunsi: 5:17am On Jun 03, 2020
What are the 2 fools above me saying undecided undecided undecided?

8 Likes

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by whirlwind7(m): 5:23am On Jun 03, 2020
Akpaamunsi:

What are the 2 fools above me saying undecided undecided undecided?

grin
Chill brother.
There should no longer be any argument over what we have already known: that these people just can't exist if they don't drag the blessed ones into what isn't our concern.
LASG is taking steps to make the state better. The report even mentioned the Elegushi royal family as losing parts of their land. I don't know Elegushi family changed to Igbo overnight, or what could be the reason for these two clowns bellyaching?

If you are not relevant, nobody will mention you. Fact.
They see Igbos in their dreams, they wake up and their first thought is about Igbo.
They go out to hustle for pennies, and their first prayer is that an Igbo shouldn't overtake them.
They eat their own food and wish it were ofe ǹsàlà, onugbu or something prepared by Nnamdi's wife grin
They look at their pretty women, but still wish they could measure up to the standards of Nneka, Chinyere or Anụlịka.

So, let them be. Nairaland gives them the platform to vent and rage. You meet anyone of them offline, and they become as meek as tepid water.
Let them be, for they are in a lot of pains. Not that it is any easier for Igbos. Just that we have largely come to terms about how to master our environment, and swallow our pains while soldiering on. Our threshold is much higher.

When you meet any of them, give them a hug.
E no easy for them at all grin grin grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Nobody: 5:24am On Jun 03, 2020
Can anyone help with a map showing where this regional road will cut through

I dont still get it

1 Like

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by IVORY2009(m): 5:27am On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:
If a royal family can lose their land, can someone help me tell the yeastern blodas that theirs is notin to revoke...

grin

Chest beat no action... Pls who can help me find the girl from Nnamdi Azikwe University... I have a urgent need for her

What do you need from her? If you can tell me, I know how to fish her out!
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by rawtouch: 5:28am On Jun 03, 2020
sad

some government officials gave approval for the same thing hope they will also take responsibility for this and compensate land owners
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 03, 2020
IVORY2009:

What do you need from her? If you can tell me, I know how to fish her out!

I need her to be by my side... I like am.. Abeg help me. Find her.... She may be my wife you know
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by beresponsible(m): 5:43am On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:

I need her to be by my side... I like am.. Abeg help me. Find her.... She may be my wife you know
Nothing wrong with that
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 03, 2020
beresponsible:
Nothing wrong with that
Oya help me find her

1 Like

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Latidoh1: 6:11am On Jun 03, 2020
Chai
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by shiki(m): 6:13am On Jun 03, 2020
cry
Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by Jarus(m): 6:16am On Jun 03, 2020
Sysdatek:
Can anyone help with a map showing where this regional road will cut through

I dont still get it

Same here.

Make I know whether I go begin demolish my own house myself before they come

1 Like

Re: Regional Road: Lagos Govt Revokes Titles Of Lekki Land Encroaching Right-Of-Way by IVORY2009(m): 6:20am On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:

But this does not tell well, we all here of cases of rapee, kidnapping, etc I don't think this would be any good! Would have like to help, sorry, wish you all the best!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bwala Faults EFCC Chair’s Press Briefing On Yahaya Bello / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members / Dedication Of Church Built By Governor Wike (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.