Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,200 members, 7,953,740 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:13 AM

At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation (1997 Views)

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt / Which Year Would Nigeria Become A Completely Developed Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by Heavensent01(m): 8:45am On Jun 03, 2020
during colonial system but the greediness of southern politicians truncate that. the colonial masters went on harsh conditions and MOU was signed that power would be given to North but because the southern Nigeria were desperate they've to give inn without looking at the consequence

tribalism is not the reason for under development in Nigeria because racism is even worse than tribalism yet it didn't slow down development in other developed countries
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 8:45am On Jun 03, 2020
stiyke:
Never ever. Perpetual Steady rollercoaster decline.

There may be hope if states or regions are granted full autonomy or resource control or some call it restructuring.

Disintegration is the best thing for Nigerians. When an equation is unsolvable you break it into smaller chunks and allow the chunks solve themselves.
Lol @ bolded.. can we be more constructive?
And if that's the case it appears no leader is interested in restructuring/disintegration besides not all Nigerians are keen on separation so how do we tackle this?
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by Bruno3000(m): 8:45am On Jun 03, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Well, I may not argue your point but bros war is not something to engage in or even think of because it's a disaster
Sure it can be a horrific experience, but most times it is inevitable so as to force respect and tolerance, without which no meaningful development can take place.

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by coolcentbigman(m): 8:47am On Jun 03, 2020
Nigeria will get better when Nigerians will settle their differences and seek for one goal which is to make Nigeria great.

When our leaders can be held accountable for their wrong doings...

When we stop seeing our leaders as gods and see them as what they are.

When the salaries of our leaders are reduced to a reasonable amount and other workers in govt...
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2020
lawani:
if Nigeria is well organised, we can generate close to 200 billion dollars annually from income tax.
200 Wat! that's no small money, you really think we can generate up to that? Remember the foundation has to be laid first so how do we achieve that?
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 8:55am On Jun 03, 2020
wisdomiskey:
Nigeria must be divided into two independent countries (North and South).
.. just like North Korea and South Korea.

The North has crippled our progress in more ways than we can ever imagine. They've been leaching off the resources of the South for years! Let them form their own country and leave us be lipsrsealed
Well, if only it was possible but it seems Northerners are not interested in division so that may be difficult to actualize
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2020
donbachi:
state of residence
Check wikipedia u will notice they still write state of origin just that the segregation may not be there
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2020
mrvitalis:

As many as the people want ...peace of mind is better than economic dominance

Niger republic and Chad are big countries but their two GDP combined is less than that of some states in Nigeria ....

Peace of mind is key
True peace of mind is better than economic dominance but it appears no region in the country is clamoring for separation apart from South East/South South even Niger Republic and Chad are still under developed nations which Nigeria is far better than am I wrong?
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 9:11am On Jun 03, 2020
Bruno3000:
Sure it can be a horrific experience, but most times it is inevitable so as to force respect and tolerance, without which no meaningful development can take place.
Haha! well for now I don't see war happening we aren't prepared for that.
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 9:15am On Jun 03, 2020
Heavensent01:
during colonial system but the greediness of southern politicians truncate that. the colonial masters went on harsh conditions and MOU was signed that power would be given to North but because the southern Nigeria were desperate they've to give inn without looking at the consequence

tribalism is not the reason for under development in Nigeria because racism is even worse than tribalism yet it didn't slow down development in other developed countries
I'm just wondering can't it be amended and have power shared equally?
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2020
coolcentbigman:
Nigeria will get better when Nigeria will settle their differences and gift for one goal which is the betterment of the Nigeria.

When our leaders can their held accountable for their wrong doings...

When we stop seeing our leaders as gods and see them as what they are.
When the salaries of our leaders are reduced to a reasonable amount and other workers in govt...
Nice point though! would be a good starting point
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by wisdomiskey(m): 9:22am On Jun 03, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Well, if only it was possible but it seems Northerners are not interested in division so that may be difficult to actualize

They aren't interested in division because they have a lot to lose. Their land is dry, undeveloped and with no resources! - this is why they cling on to political power with all viciousness and might.

Southerners must begin to realise we are doing the North a HUGE favour by being one with them.. it's about time we gain our freedom from those parasites.

4 Likes

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by lawani: 9:23am On Jun 03, 2020
VirginSearcher:

True peace of mind is better than economic dominance but it appears no region in the country is clamoring for separation apart from South East/South South even Niger Republic and Chad are still under developed nations which Nigeria is far better than am I wrong?
niger and Chad have stable power and lower corruption than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by Randerl: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Opinion poll!

Guys when do you think our country (Nigeria) will become a developed nation like USA, Australia, Germany, UK e.t.c and which generation do you think will witness this development?

Reason why I asked this is because we appear not to be making progress in several aspect as a nation as we are still pegged down by so many issues ranging from epileptic power, insensitive leaders, tribalism/ethnic bigotry, poor infrastructure, poor health system, corruption, poor educational system, insecurity, poor road network, cultism, kidnapping, banditry and so on.

Mods* please do justice to this thread let's discuss collectively as citizens what we can do that will propel the development of our beloved country Nigeria.

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun Dominique

Maybe, 3670 A.D.

2 Likes

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by Heavensent01(m): 9:27am On Jun 03, 2020
VirginSearcher:

I'm just wondering can't it be readjusted and have power shared equally?

the early political killing that unfortunately twisted to Igbo elites planned coup destroy a lot of things. in fact that was the Genesis of Nigeria problem

you don't expect development in a disunity country, till now average northerners see those criticising Buhari as hate against Northerners which is not so

Before Nigeria can measure with developing countries, we must do away with 1999 constitution. that constitution is evil and antihuman, anti growth, anti development, corruption apologist

we must redress the constitution, restructuring must take effect and rotating of presidency must be documented between north and south

all tribes must have sense of inclusion, once federal character failed in a country then the country must do away with it and adopt strict restructuring
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by Abohboy: 9:28am On Jun 03, 2020
I would say in the mate 2030s, because right now we are laying the stones for future development, new railways, new mega ports, new airports and investments in agriculture will spur the country in and Mark my word in 2023 something big will happen in Nigeria. I don’t know what and I don’t when in 2023 but something big is going to happen.
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 9:52am On Jun 03, 2020
wisdomiskey:

They aren't interested in division because they have a lot to lose. Their land is dry, undeveloped and with no resources! - this is why they cling on to political power with all viciousness and might.

Southerners must begin to realise we are doing the North a HUGE favour by being one with them.. it's about time we gain our freedom from those parasites.
Could also be why the make arrogant statement especially by that their Arewa leader whenever it comes to presidency and to an extent decides who rules. I'm not seeing any interest from Southern politicians though.
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 9:55am On Jun 03, 2020
lawani:
niger and Chad have stable power and lower corruption than Nigeria.
Oh, that's good to know.. eerhmm power? how do we solve this problem?
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 10:02am On Jun 03, 2020
Heavensent01:

the early political killing that unfortunately twisted to Igbo elites planned coup destroy a lot of things. in fact that was the Genesis of Nigeria problem

you don't expect development in a disunity country, till now average northerners see those criticising Buhari as hate against Northerners which is not so

Before Nigeria can measure with developing countries, we must do away with 1999 constitution. that constitution is evil and antihuman, anti growth, anti development, corruption apologist

we must redress the constitution, restructuring must take effect and rotating of presidency must be documented between north and south

all tribes must have sense of inclusion, once federal character failed in a country then the country must do away with it and adopt strict restructuring
You are right, key notes from your assertion are constitutional change, inclusive government, rotational presidency and restructuring.
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2020
Abohboy:
I would say in the mate 2030s, because right now we are laying the stones for future development, new railways, new mega ports, new airports and investments in agriculture will spur the country in and Mark my word in 2023 something big will happen in Nigeria. I don’t know what and I don’t when in 2023 but something big is going to happen.
I hope we are truly laying those foundation as u said even though 2030 seemed so close. However, I hope whatever will happen will be for good sad
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2020
VirginSearcher:

We all want different thing ..north are not really bothered they are far better than their brothers in niger and Chad ...that's why they don't clamor for separation

South west are better than their brothers in Togo and Benin republic , they are not worried , two they may be scared of them fighting among themselves like they always do when left alone

Igbos travel around the world , we know our potential , we know what we are capable of ..that's why we are not happy with our situation , honestly igbos want to be a global force in technology and manufacturing ...they can't get that in Nigeria

Let's go out separate ways let all man grow as they wish
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by mystery22: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2020
Nigeria can never be developed,we are too divided...the best is for us to separate,many Nigerians can't die for Nigeria but disintegrate the country and see true patriotism...Biafra is coming,either by war or peace.... so other region should get ready or end up in Nigeria...the north who are the rulers have absolutely nothing to offer....
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 10:17am On Jun 03, 2020
mrvitalis:

We all want different thing ..north are not really bothered they are far better than their brothers in niger and Chad ...that's why they don't clamor for separation

South west are better than their brothers in Togo and Benin republic , they are not worried , two they may be scared of them fighting among themselves like they always do when left alone

Igbos travel around the world , we know our potential , we know what we are capable of ..that's why we are not happy with our situation , honestly igbos want to be a global force in technology and manufacturing ...they can't get that in Nigeria

Let's go out separate ways let all man grow as they wish
Well, I think Northerners who are better than their Niger/Chad counterparts are the politicians. Federal government can never allow Biafra not with Buhari as president let alone when top politicians from South east are not clamoring for it/interested.
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by VirginSearcher(m): 10:21am On Jun 03, 2020
mystery22:
Nigeria can never be developed,we are too divided...the best is for us to separate,many Nigerians can't die for Nigeria but disintegrate the country and see true patriotism...Biafra is coming,either by war or peace.... so other region should get ready or end up in Nigeria...the north who are the rulers have absolutely nothing to offer....
I agree we are too divided, however if separation is the answer I won't support it through war
Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by mrvitalis(m): 10:24am On Jun 03, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Well, I think Northerners who are better than their Niger/Chad counterparts are the politicians. Federal government can never allow Biafra not with Buhari as president let alone when top politicians from South east are not clamoring for it/interested.
Very soon we would remove this dumb idiots politicians in the east ..we are just keeping calm let them implement electronic voting first

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by Mummymanal(f): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Opinion poll!

Guys when do you think our country (Nigeria) will become a developed nation like USA, Australia, Germany, UK e.t.c and which generation do you think will witness this development?

Reason why I asked this is because we appear not to be making progress in several aspect as a nation as we are still pegged down by so many issues ranging from epileptic power, insensitive leaders, tribalism/ethnic bigotry, poor infrastructure, poor health system, corruption, poor educational system, insecurity, poor road network, cultism, kidnapping, banditry and so on.

Mods* please do justice to this thread let's discuss collectively as citizens what we can do that will propel the development of our beloved country Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/5928223/sadaka-fissabilillah#90703201

Please check this link thank you

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by Mummymanal(f): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Opinion poll!

https://www.nairaland.com/5932700/man#90771437

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by happy200(m): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
Nigeria is now ready for development, henceforth we will be witnessing progress till only God knows when we will get developed.

Our problems was, the Europeans wanted their own share of our wealth which they got, secondly our greedy elites started dragging/fighting about what is left. Which they 've also gotten.
Presently their is nothing left to fight over. E.g Oil gone, power generating companies gone e.t.c all to them.

Presently the land (Nigeria) is empty and vacuum, everyone or any one can now, look for what to do and how to go about it without disturbance. Which is the beginning of development/growth.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by tatatar: 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2020
You shouldn't be comparing Nigeria with those European countries.We know how they got were they are.
Developed Asian countries should be used as the yardstick.

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by caleboxylic: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
VirginSearcher:

You have made a solid point but then how do we overcome this problem and which language do we adopt as our lingua franca? we can't continue like this sad

To overcome that, we should restructure along tribes and create like ten to fifteen units which will include igbo, youroba, hausa/Fulani, tiv, idoma, Ijaw, idoma, urohbo, ibibio/Efik, ogoja/northern crossriver and among other nations.

Those nations/tribes that feel like emerging should be allowed to do so on their own in the case of niger delta, middlebelt and Co.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by lawani: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
When we formalize our economy and depend our budget on taxes instead of crude oil.

1 Like

Re: At What Period Do You Think Nigeria Will Become A Developed Nation by Emmasun900: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
This will be harsh, but the day Africans stop shouting #blacklivesmatter and start earning the respect we desperately need, things will change. See Israelis, when did they come out of their own holocaust - see them now, or the Chinese out of bloody and stupid dynasties. Truth is every race has had their time of downfall and captivity, and it was f*cking terrible for them, but after gaining freedom - what the heck did they do? They went back home and rebuilt it, we really should drop this pathetic shit because respect is never given, its always earned, we don't need nobodies sympathy, nobodies PITY, Ask me why and I'll tell you, its because Africa is f*cking blessed, whoever is abroad made his choice, not that I blame them, but common sense is, if you don't have a nice house yourself, nobody will f*cking respect you in their own nice house.
We're no longer slaves for goodness sake, f*ck it, were we the only f*cking slaves in history! You let someone get access to the only thing you have control over, your pride, your anger, all in one - your emotions! with just one word - one f*cking word and we've lost it, he has all your attention, that's the f*cking definition of powerlessness! You heard me right, powerlessness!
Call (that rac*st) a wh*te pig, even better snub the sh*t outta him, you're at starbucks and he can't do nothing about it, WE"RE NO LONGER SLAVES!, you can't let anyone "by choice" get to your core, your emotions, not even LIFE, cause we can't control how life treats us, but we sure can control how we react.
It was sad - the slave trade, but what's sadder, is that We pride on this sh*t like its the only history we ever had, like we were not once powerful, once revered, called Ethiopians, like Egypt hasn't always been a great city, like Africa wasn't once a conqueror. Damn!
We're a continent of over 1 BILLION, 20 million of us were taken during the slave trade, how does that become our entire history, THINK??
someone really doesn't want Africa to rise again, with this wicked ideology they've somehow gotten to the very core of most Africans, this Subhumanism theory and ideology.
We've been fought for by great men to come to this stage, just like other men have fought for their own countries, many of them are gone, we're left to decide what happens next! Do we keep being victims, or do what free men do?
Again in the end, we can't control how life treats us, but we sure can control how we react.
#AFRICARISE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army In Possession Of Protester Corpses / Kunle Ologundudu Blast Tinubu, Gani Adams, Gov.makinde, Femi Falana, Dele Momodu / Some People Really Hate Nnamdi Kanu With Passion? See Why!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.