Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! (7672 Views)

Get Windows 10 Right Now: Share your Windows 10 Experience. / Need Help On Windows Update / Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 (blocking Windows Update) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by Niggy(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2005
Please, why does my PC keep asking me to get Windows Update because the PC is vulnerable to security attacks from the Internet?

I get the updates everyday and it keeps telling me to update! It's frustrating! Is it the presence of worms, virus or some other threats? I also need to know the best anti-virus to download

u guys should try linux
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by Red(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2005
Niggy:

Please, why does my PC keep asking me to get Windows Update because the PC is vulnerable to security attacks from the Internet?

I get the updates everyday and it keeps telling me to update!  It's frustrating!  Is it the presence of worms, virus or some other threats?  I also need to know the best anti-virus to download

you guys should try linux
Your PC is most likely infected with some sort of malware causing that pop up telling you your PC is at risk.Why don't you run some spyware removal tool but then again it depends on the level of infection.Sometimes reformatiing is the best way to go that is after you have migrated all your stuff.I wonder if you are yousing a broadband connection?and if you are using broadband are you sitting behind a firewall?and not the crap firewall that comes with SP2.
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by Chxta(m): 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2005
See, Windows update is about as useless as the next lame duck. The only time I bother with that tripe on my Windows system is for example when I have to install a program and it asks that a particular service pack be installed as a requirement.

Why not just go for a great firewall and great anti-virus program? I recommend Zone Alarm, then as per spyware, go for Ad-Aware. That's what I do, and I have no problems at all.
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by effects8000(m): 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2005
Dude you need to get and updated version of window or to be presice "windows NT" and for security i do think that the best is " norton internet security" Because it gets updated automatically from the internet and its also fire wall proof. Check it out and tell me what you think. smiley
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by jogego(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2005
Emmm, I dont think windows NT can be used in the same sentence with recent. The OS has been around since the 90s .Windows 2000 is an improvement on win NT. And as per automatic update, I believe all win OSes have automatic updates and you are supposed to turn it on. The problem being how many people in NIgeria can afford to keep their computers online 24 hours?
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by Chxta(m): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2005
Me grin
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by hotangel2(f): 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2005
hello.. My computer is always online.. Infact for 2 weeks. Although i am not in Nigeria... wink
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by jogego(m): 7:02am On Jul 14, 2005
yeah, same here. I hardly switch off my computers, and they are online 24-7, but the issue is, how many people can afford to do that in Nigeria?
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by hotangel2(f): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2005
Jogego, if i should start counting i would say

None.
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by jogego(m): 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2005
Nuff said
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by Chxta(m): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2005
hot-angel:

Jogego, if i should start counting i would say

None.
jogego:

Nuff said

I live in Nigeria, Abuja to be precise, and I am always online. Depends on what package you are using, and who your ISP is.

And I am not into 419 :yuck:
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by kazey(m): 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2005
Chxta:

And I am not into 419 :yuck:

yuck ?? grin. Common it shouldnt be, and really it is not. I just wish we could eradicate it totally.
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by mykah09: 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2011
@femi4 the window 7 activator u sent to me is not loading. Can u kindly send me another activator?
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by mykah09: 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2011
my contact is nestaphilak@yahoo.com thank u
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by femi4: 3:13am On Oct 13, 2011
mykah09:

my contact is nestaphilak@yahoo.com thank u
When downloading, make sure you have a relatively good internet speed. Check your mail
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by topsquino(m): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2011
guys, i need ur help.my notification is tellin me to get a genuine software,bcoz of that i find it difficult to update my window 7 softwares.pls guys i have no money for now.is there any software or cheat that i can use to get back a genuine software kiss
Re: My PC keeps asking me to get Windows Update! by femi4: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2011
topsquino:

guys, i need your help.my notification is tellin me to get a genuine software,bcoz of that i find it difficult to update my window 7 softwares.pls guys i have no money for now.is there any software or cheat that i can use to get back a genuine software kiss
whats your mail addy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help My Inverter Cooling Fan Is Not Working. / Beware Of E-mail Phishing / Grade-1 USA Used Dell Latitude E5410 Notebook PC for 40k ❌ ❌❌

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.