Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean (2985 Views)

40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / 28 Toyota Trim Level Acronyms And What They Mean / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyejT4VPzlE

Honda's four-cylinders are the most robust in the business.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by seanfer(m): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
The Benz or nothing group will soon show up with their anthem.

3 Likes

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by maynation(f): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
seanfer:
The Benz or nothing group will soon show up with their anthem.
One even said it's either MB or he trekks. grin
Very funny dreamers.

15 Likes

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by nurey(m): 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2020
op they are coming to butcher you, hope your mai-guard no dey doze for night grin

1 Like

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
nurey:
op they are coming to butcher you, hope your mai-guard no dey doze for night grin

We gada dey.
Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by banky3w(m): 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
I can bet a MB won't even turn immediately the fluids are out!

6 Likes

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by uboma(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lol
Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
Btw, this isn't to say that all Japanese cars are reliable or anything. I bet a Toyota V6 would die way before the Honda, for example. I also bet a Mercedes M111 or M112 would match the Honda at least.

It's just a fun, nice example. At the end of it all, reliability is synonymous with mechanical tolerance.

3 Likes

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by kingreign(m): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2020
banky3w:
I can bet a MB won't even turn immediately the fluids are out!
Untrue.

1 Like

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Yes,I too believe Honda jare.

1 Like

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by sidvinci(m): 6:52am On Jun 05, 2020
Some cars are older that some.if you are using 2000 model use it across the whole car.
Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by NaijadrivaCars: 7:37am On Jun 05, 2020
Some old models cars are rugged than these "computer cars" we have now.
That said, some brands and models of Japanese cars (e.g Toyota, Honda, etc) are tried and tested.

Personally, I may not want to buy Nissan/Infinity, Hyundai, Daewoo, Saab, Daihatsu, Smart, Tata, Etc.

1 Like

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by gly2ken: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2020
In 2011, I drove a Honda accord 94 model from Abuja to Jos with serious over heating. At a point in time in the journey I was stopping every kilometer to put water into the radiator. Surprisingly, nothing happened to the engine even with the severe overheating. However, Nigeria users have demonized Honda cars because of leg issues. My next car is Honda.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by dadabashua1(m): 9:18am On Jun 05, 2020
gly2ken:
In 2011, I drove a Honda accord 94 model from Abuja to Jos with serious over heating. At a point in time in the journey I was stopping every kilometer to put water into the radiator. Surprisingly, nothing happened to the engine even with the severe overheating. However, Nigeria users have demonized Honda cars because of leg issues. My next car is Honda.
Sir you are very correct about the bad image some ignorant folks have about the Honda car, I was opportuned to use different brands,I rate Honda amongst the very best,if leg issues(which can be very much sorted out by using the original parts)is what people see as what makes Honda a bad car, as against cars with oil shortages issues and electrical issues,then Honda is a super reliable car.just because you ended up with a lemon,doesn't mean the brand is bad..that car you so rate as the best in the world was another person's nightmare.

6 Likes

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:06am On Jun 05, 2020
Honda cars are nice cars, the leg issues is what made the price slightly cheaper than its Toyota counterparts. And the v6 editions engines are too strong fr the transmission to handle,but they just need good maintainance.I wud buy a Honda over and over again till I get money for Benz or Lexus SUV.

2 Likes

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by kingreign(m): 11:28am On Jun 05, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Some old models cars are rugged than these "computer cars" we have now.
That said, some brands and models of Japanese cars (e.g Toyota, Honda, etc) are tried and tested.

Personally, I may not want to buy Nissan/Infinity, Hyundai, Daewoo, Saab, Daihatsu, Smart, Tata, Etc.

Nissan prior to 05 in EU and U5 are rugged. Infiniti till '15 are rugged.

Daihatsu = Toyota for JDM and some other Asian markets
Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by Praxtech: 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nonsense. Benz all through. Maybach next.

1 Like

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by dicksonadams(m): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Honda gang cheesy

1 Like

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by uboma(m): 5:15am On Jun 08, 2020
gly2ken:

Lol.

How long did the trip from Abuja to Jos take?

Honda Accord cars are culprits to the leg issues. The Civic is better off.

1 Like

Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by gly2ken: 10:48am On Jun 09, 2020
uboma:

Lol.

How long did the trip from Abuja to Jos take?

Honda Accord cars are culprits to the leg issues. The Civic is better off.
3.5 to 4 hours because of the security checking points.
Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by kingreign(m): 10:50am On Jun 09, 2020
gly2ken:
Did you go thru the Nasarawa, Kaduna Jos route or you went thru another route?
Re: When People Say Japanese Cars Are The Most Reliable, This Is What They Mean by uboma(m): 10:54am On Jun 09, 2020
gly2ken:

Even with the overheating?

You still made it to Jos in good time.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, My Car Has Left Me Frustrated! / Honda Accord (eod) 2003 Rpm / Toyota Camry 2004 Seizing Of Breath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.