Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? (27232 Views)

Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? / My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. / How to handle finances in Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by generationz(f): 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
truthsayer009:

IKR, it may sound stupid to some people but hiring a house help who is physically more endowed than you as a Wife is a NO from me. It might sound condescending imagining that your husband could stood so low as sleeping with a help but I always tell people, prevention is better please, I have watched enough Yoruba movies where this happened cheesy

Then you won't mind a houseboy as a man? cheesy
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 06, 2020
generationz:

Then you won't mind a houseboy as a man? cheesy

Ah! man ke? Male e no go rape my wife oh. All those house boys with their strong gbola

1 Like

Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by generationz(f): 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
truthsayer009:

Ah! man ke? Male e no go rape my wife oh. All those house boys with their strong gbola

grin

How are you doing, btw?
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
generationz:

grin

How are you doing, btw?

I am doing good oh, nothing much. Just trying to stay afloat in this pandemic that is getting over gradually.

1 Like

Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by generationz(f): 11:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
truthsayer009:

I am doing good oh, nothing much. Just trying to stay afloat in this pandemic that is getting over gradually.

Yeah, the pandemic really messed up a lot of plans for all of us.
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
generationz:

Yeah, the pandemic really messed up a lot of plans for all of us.

Yep, for everyone. It has even made me to cut down on my girlfriends from 3 to 1. I cannot be keeping 3 babes in this Pandemic grin grin grin
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
One of the pecks of living among the rich is that if you will have constant light.

1 Like

Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
Cedarfarms:

I don't understand........how can you attend landlord association meetings??

Are you one!

As in, I was shocked when I saw that one. Maybe she thought the guy was asking about buying a house in a rich neighborhood or building one in a poor community.
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by Cedarfarms: 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nooil:

As in, I was shocked when I saw that one. Maybe she thought the guy was asking about buying a house in a rich neighborhood or building one in a poor community.

Hmmmmmmm.....maybe, but you'd be amazed how some pple reason.
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by generationz(f): 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
truthsayer009:

Yep, for everyone. It has even made me to cut down on my girlfriends from 3 to 1. I cannot be keeping 3 babes in this Pandemic grin grin grin

Haba, that's not fair o. How will they survive now? Don't you know you were doing the lord's work? grin
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
generationz:

Haba, that's not fair o. How will they survive now? Don't you know you were doing the lord's work? grin

Every man for himself now, we have limited resources available & I need to use it wisely. Let them stay in their father's house.

To your tents, O Israel sayeth the Lord.
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by generationz(f): 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
truthsayer009:

Every man for himself now, we have limited resources available & I need to use it wisely. Let them stay in their father's house.

To your tents, O Israel sayeth the Lord.
No, joor, you are their father. Father 9f the fatherless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 08, 2020
generationz:

No, joor, you are their father. Father 9f the fatherless.

How far, are you still selling cars? you suppose dash me one of your Cars oh. Make I use do Baby Boy for Lagos small, before I go missing again.
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by vibenyhitt: 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by covid2019: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2020
I appreciate all
Re: Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? by wealthtrak: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
Coolabbie:
I will speak for myself and my experience.

I live in such a neighborhood and I love it. The calibre of people I have met just walking down my street is something that would never have been possible if I was living in low-income neighbourhoods.

Twice, I have gotten job offers without any mention of cv. One of them works closely with the governor, the other owns a radio station.
The people that offered me this job did not know me from Adam, they only know I am a neighbour.

Besides, nothing beats the inspiration gotten from walking around your neighbourhood and seeing beautiful mansions, clean streets, and breathtaking landscaping.

The quiet, the serenity, the security is something I will not trade.

The sun even hits different here walahi grin grin

Please, don't do it if you can't afford it. But if social mobility is your thing, then it should definitely be an option.

#MyOpinion
Mad cool wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twins Have A Special Connection: Fact Or Myth / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Lady Told She Would Amount To Nothing By Grandparents, Finally Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.