Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) (68552 Views)

The Itakpe-Warri Railway Buhari Named After Goodluck Jonathan In Pictures / Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri Railway Project In Pictures / Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri Railway Station Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Kingspin(m): 3:57am On Jun 04, 2020
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Old existing project that you completed and made functional?

The project was abandoned since 1987, 16 years of PDP rape and pandemic couldn't do anything to complete it. PMB has achieved more with less rather than hate and distress yourself just pretend you never saw this thread.
You communicated but it doesn't sound well to millions of Nigerians.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by darediamond(m): 4:00am On Jun 04, 2020
1realBobby:
And they would still end up using 1972 model trains on the tracks... smh!
Kini?
1972 ke?
The look of the station affirms with 1900!!!
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Agugbadin: 4:07am On Jun 04, 2020
ODJ124:
wow....
the place looks beautiful

Is an existing project which has been rejuvenated.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by annford: 4:51am On Jun 04, 2020
unikwa:

Nigeria is behind no doubt. But are you saying you prefer that Nigeria remains behind, rather than take steps, albeit into obsolete technology?
I would take obsolete tech, over no tech.

No, I couldn't say that. All I'm saying is that we should've gone past this level of development. Just yesterday, a community borehole project was launched by a Governor who also had his Deputy and House of Assembly Speaker with him. These shouldn't be things that we make noise about. Most people think the Government officials are doing them a favour and thereby jubilate when things like these are given them. The same Borehole project a sitting Governor, his Deputy and Speaker of House of Assembly, along with their Aides went to launch, our office between November last year and March this year dug boreholes and handed over to 19 communities in Abuja sububs without making noise about it. Our politicians need to step up their games and embrace the responsibilities they're saddled with.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Emerie22(m): 4:54am On Jun 04, 2020
myboy2111:
The Best President since Independence

God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Best president because of this?
You need Urgent help

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Congrats321(m): 5:13am On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Congrats321(m): 5:14am On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 04, 2020
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

The project was abandoned since 1987, 16 years of PDP rape and pandemic couldn't do anything to complete it. PMB has achieved more with less rather than hate and distress yourself just pretend you never saw this thread.

The line was for iron ore. Not human transport. I am a former worker in itakpe. The line was standard gauge from day one, and originally under ministry of mines, power and steel. We should be weeping for losing the steel industry. Not rejoicing over railway link between warri and itakpe when the profitable cargo (iron ore from the mines at itakpe, ajabanoko etc) is not on board.
How significant is the human transport potential between the Aladja - Itakpe corridor? It bypasses the major cities. Shiorr.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by 77up(m): 5:34am On Jun 04, 2020
Dpharisee:
This is an existing project that is being upgraded. It was meant to deliver steel from Ajaokuta Steel Plant to Warri Ports for export.
We need to get the Ajaokuta Steel working optimally to create jobs.

Even Felix Terungwa Dav who uses the moniker is reducing the level of adulation for his darling daddy Buhari on this forum and you want to takeover praise singing.
You surly need help.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by 77up(m): 5:36am On Jun 04, 2020
Golan007:

Like which ones?

You actually think he know what he's talking about? Wailers don't get brain to process the good from the bad now, everything looks bad to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 04, 2020
This is a wonderful development. Nigeria would definitely grow with this kind of leadership.

I've searched almost all the dailies but haven't seen this particular news, not in the headlines nor in any portion of the news.

Please help us with a credible source other than Facebook or somebody's name.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Luvinghubby: 5:57am On Jun 04, 2020
must be peeing in his pants now, that guy finished him before mods removed the post.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by honor4me: 5:57am On Jun 04, 2020
This government is simply wonderful. Doing so much with so little! And some people will still complain. But do you know what it means to complete an abandoned project. That means no way for 10% or most forms of corrupt practices associated with almost all government projects. I have a first hand knowledge

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by chris51(f): 6:01am On Jun 04, 2020
1realBobby:
And they would still end up using 1972 model trains on the trackis... smh!
It's better than nothing. There's hope. If the rail projects have been taken seriously by previous administrations, we could have been talking about fast speed trains.
May the Lord help this regime complete the projects and the next regime to continue where this one stops.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by chris51(f): 6:02am On Jun 04, 2020
chris51:

It's better than nothing. There's hope. If the rail projects have been taken seriously by previous administrations, we could have been talking about fast speed trains.
May the Lord help this regime complete the projects and the next regime to continue where this one stops.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by blackbriar: 6:15am On Jun 04, 2020
brightdestiny96:

The line was for iron ore. Not human transport. I am a former worker in itakpe. The line was standard gauge from day one, and originally under ministry of mines, power and steel. We should be weeping for losing the steel industry. Not rejoicing over railway link between warri and itakpe when the profitable cargo (iron ore from the mines at itakpe, ajabanoko etc) is not on board.
How significant is the human transport potential between the Aladja - Itakpe corridor? It bypasses the major cities. Shiorr.

so its heavy railway system.
heavy railways system are used for industrial and commuting purposes.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by blackbriar: 6:16am On Jun 04, 2020
darediamond:

Kini?
1972 ke?
The look of the station affirms with 1900!!!

wait...he station...physical building or the rolling stock (train ) ?
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by nedekid: 6:19am On Jun 04, 2020
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

That railway line will only be viable if ajaokuta steel factory works.
If the factory is yet to be fully activated then fixing the railway is a complete waste of money as it will only be good for esthetics and will fall into disrepair if it does not generate funds for its maintenance. Or as usuall do you expect fgn budget to maintain it?
Claiming this as an achievement by buhari and that pdp did not fix it is crap. It's just like spending billions fixing train line from katsina to Niger republic. Where you might have 100 passengers a week, all destitute people that cannot pay N100 for train ride compared to fixing Lagos to ibadan train line.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by nedekid: 6:26am On Jun 04, 2020
honor4me:
This government is simply wonderful. Doing so much with so little! And some people will still complain. But do you know what it means to complete an abandoned project. That means no way for 10% or most forms of corrupt practices associated with almost all government projects. I have a first hand knowledge
Oga how do you guys think for God's sake? This project is funded by Chinese loans. The project is based on ajaokuta that is nonfunctional and for carrying cargo Not majorly passengers.
How do you take a loan for a non commercial viable project? How do you plan to pay back without it generating revenue?
Its comparable to fgn collecting $500m China loan to spend on Nta.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by 9japride(m): 6:29am On Jun 04, 2020
brightdestiny96:

[color=#006600][/color]

Good talk, I wonder the kind of reasoning most nairalanders have? How viable is that project? Except they connect it to Abuja line. That track was meant for Iron ore to be delivered to the steel plant at Warri side. Mediocrity has eaten deep into most Nigerians brain, all we have are sycophants who just praise government unnecessarily. Other countries are developing their towns and people carry on with their daily lives and not thanking them. Government don't deserve any thank you. It's only primitive people that disturb social media and keep hailing wicked and corrupt leaders who live large on our collective wealth. From my observation here in nairaland majority of the people who just sing unnecessary praise to Buhari do it mischievously. Just to mock others as if to say Buhari has uplifted their communities. It's Buhari duty to spread development nobody forced him to be president and it's not he's money he is using to develop the country. Buhari is trying his best quite well but needs to focus more on real development and not irrelevant and camera projects that don't have direct impact to Nigerians. If only those closer to him can give him good advice I believe he will perform well and slow down with he's pattern of governance which favours his own tribes men. GEJ performed well in development of project, it was unfortunate he didn't have miscreants who go on disturbing social about irrelevant projects that don't have direct impact to the common masses. Let's try to be mature and hold our leaders accountable and stop all these vengeful and childish political system we run.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by omoharry(f): 6:30am On Jun 04, 2020
1realBobby:
And they would still end up using 1972 model trains on the tracks... smh!
Na that one dey vex me pass.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by omoharry(f): 6:39am On Jun 04, 2020
Okoroawusa:

An abandoned project that was upgraded?

Who abandoned n who upgraded?

So which one do you want us to talk about more? The abandonment or the upgrade?
There is one credit I will give to APC even if I don't like them .And That is the fact they continued project from past administration which is a good thing .
Pdp would have left that project abandoned since it is a project started by another party and regime and would start a fresh project just to be associated with them alone .

Secondly,your comment is the reason why these project project from tax payers money remain abandoned becos ur kind will always say things like this . Give credit some times and critizes when necessary .I give credit to this present administration for thier policy in continuing old project by PDP and not left it abandoned like the way PDP would do .
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by blackbriar: 6:44am On Jun 04, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Good talk, I wonder the kind of reasoning most nairalanders have? How viable is that project? Except they connect it to Abuja line. That track was meant for Iron ore to be delivered to the steel plant at Warri side. Mediocrity has eaten deep into most Nigerians brain, all we have are sycophants who just praise government unnecessarily. Other countries are developing their towns and people carry on with their daily lives and not thanking them. Government don't deserve any thank you. It's only primitive people that disturb social media and keep hailing wicked and corrupt leaders who live large on our collective wealth. From my observation here in nairaland majority of the people who just sing unnecessary praise to Buhari do it mischievously. Just to mock others as if to say Buhari has uplifted their communities. It's Buhari duty to spread development nobody forced him to be president and it's not he's money he is using to develop the country. Buhari is trying his best quite well but needs to focus more on real development and not irrelevant and camera projects that don't have direct impact to Nigerians. If only those closer to him can give him good advice I believe he will perform well and slow down with he's pattern of governance which favours his own tribes men. GEJ performed well in development of project, it was unfortunate he didn't have miscreants who go on disturbing social about irrelevant projects that don't have direct impact to the common masses. Let's try to be mature and hold our leaders accountable and stop all these vengeful and childish political system we run.

Meaning it is a HEAVY RAIL COMPLEX.
HEAVY RAIL COMPLEX both serve commuting and industrial purposes.
So all its not lost.
when its time for Ajaokuta to use it to transport ore, they can use it too, for now commuters can use it.

My 2 cents
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by blackbriar: 6:45am On Jun 04, 2020
omoharry:
Na that one dey vex me pass.

please what is 1972 model rolling stock?
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Aurelius1(m): 6:47am On Jun 04, 2020
Dpharisee:

Use of IP address, then email and his Facebook page
This is a breach of nairaland rule number 10.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by 9japride(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2020
blackbriar:

Meaning it is a HEAVY RAIL COMPLEX.
HEAVY RAIL COMPLEX both serve commuting and industrial purposes.
So all its not lost.
when its time for Ajaokuta to use it to transport ore, they can use it too, for now commuters can use it.

My 2 cents
[color=#006600][/color]

The question is what's the number of commuters that travel from Kogi to Warri? I don't see any trade or Agriculture products being transported from Kogi to Delta recently. It will be nice if government can connect it to Abuja line. That project was an after thought. I believe they want to use it for their mischievous 2023 campaign and same with the second Niger Bridge. I doubt if the quality of that bridge that looks like common flyover in city centres can be compared to the present Niger bridge.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Aurelius1(m): 6:57am On Jun 04, 2020
Therri:
Nor add warri to this post. This thing nor reach warri at all.
The thing end for DSC Aladja. I have seen it with my two eyes.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by blackbriar: 7:01am On Jun 04, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

The question is what's the number of commuters that travel from Kogi to Warri? I don't see any trade or Agriculture products being transported from Kogi to Delta recently. It will be nice if government can connect it to Abuja line. That project was an after thought. I believe they want to use it for their mischievous 2023 campaign and same with the second Niger Bridge. I doubt if the quality of that bridge that looks like common flyover in city centres can be compared to the present Niger bridge.

it will improve commuters travelling from kogi to warri , in the nearest future.
Time travel will improve and it can be used as cargo for agricultural products, thereby increasing commercial activities between both states.
i dont think it was an after thought...this was a project way back as 1987 under IBB.

what lacks quality in third niger bridge?? they are talks of the second niger bridge shaking.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 04, 2020
The ore rail line originates from Itakpe (to evacuate iron ore from Itakpe mine) and terminates at Aladja - Delta Steel Complex. It is and has always been an appendage to the iron and steel industry. That's why it starts in the bush (far from Okene, the nearest town) and terminates in Aladja, far from Warri. If it is not extended to Obajana, lokoja, Abaji and Abuja, we are just wasting time. This line was already finished. Buhari and co just constructed ancillary facilities to make it passenger friendly. It was and only makes sense as as an iron ore evacuation system. Take that to the bank. The human transport potential in the Itakpe - Aladja corridor is zero.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 04, 2020
omoharry:
There is one credit I will give to APC even if I don't like them .And That is the fact they continued project from past administration which is a good thing .
Pdp would have left that project abandoned since it is a project started by another party and regime and would start a fresh project just to be associated with them alone .

Secondly,your comment is the reason why these project project from tax payers money remain abandoned becos ur kind will always say things like this . Give credit some times and critizes when necessary .I give credit to this present administration for thier policy in continuing old project by PDP and not left it abandoned like the way PDP would do .

By no means is this a PDP project. It's an appendage of the Ajaokuta steel complex. The smelting plant is in Ajaokuta. The iron ore mines are in Itakpe, ajabanoko, etc. The line runs between Itakpe and Ajaokuta and Aladja. IT IS AN IRON ORE EVACUATION SYSTEM. IF WE KILL THE STEEL INDUSTRY, WE ARE MERELY PAYING LIP SERVICE TO THE CLAIM OF DIVERSIFICATION OF THE ECONOMY.
Re: Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) by olajizz01(m): 7:30am On Jun 04, 2020
loswhite:
You are probably a kid if you cannot see the achievement of Obasanjo
Hahaha...................., kid indeed.

old man,can you mention few of it or it's invisible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trailer Loses Brake In Imo, Crushes 20 Women To Death (Photos) / 10 Cities In Nigeria Where Pidgin English Is Most Spoken / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.