Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region (19348 Views)

Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars) / £5,000 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Comes To A Nigerian, See Who / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Ezennwa(m): 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2020
Truthspoon1:

As long as you are a tribalist, I assure you the fetters that hold you bound will never be taken away.
Please Expatiate
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ezennwa:
Please Expatiate
our innate nature to be tribalists is a natural instinctive way to protect our own against the foreign. This would be very necessary centuries ago but today the world is a global village. The battle for supremacy is not between tribes anymore but between races. The whites, brown, red and yellow races are making progress in this battle but the black race is in the backwaters of life. The white man has kept us in chains, to become entirely dependent on him. We can only break free when we realize where the fight is actually taking place. Tribalism is stagnation.

2 Likes

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Litmus: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nigeria’s rich traditional cultures steeped in parables and adages, the Tall-Tales-telling nature of modern Nigeria and complex tapestry of life brought about by myriad intermingling tribes and rampant materialism breeds natural writers. Nevertheless, I cannot help but ask if his winning story is derogatory about Nigeria or something? This is one criterion for winning. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Ezennwa(m): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
Truthspoon1:
our innate nature to be tribalists is a natural instinctive way to protect our own against the foreign. This would be very necessary centuries ago but today the world is a global village. The battle for supremacy is not between tribes anymore but between races. The whites, brown, red and yellow races are making progress in this battle but the black race is in the backwaters of life. The white man has kept us in chains, to become entirely dependent on him. We can only break free when we realize where the fight is actually taking place. Tribalism is stagnation.
Ok! thanks, I appreciate
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by stieyven(m): 12:54am On Jun 04, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Igbo Weed Amaka.. kiss
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 04, 2020
Africonji:
Igbo Amaka. cool
You are a tribalistic goat
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by SoNature(m): 2:21am On Jun 04, 2020
jeromestarks:
Niraland will never inform us when the competition kicks off only to announce the end of the competition. Some of us depends on this platform to inform us of things like this so that we can compete but nothing except irrelevant stories and endgames.

Uncle, this is a forum, where people post news

It just has moderators who monitors what comes here and what shouldn't be posted.

It is nobody's responsibility to inform anyone
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by IduNaOba: 2:35am On Jun 04, 2020
vincentjk:
I was raped by Linda ikeji one day when she called me to come fix her car in lagos and she lured me, please how do I go about this please?

#SayNoToRape
#INeedJustice
#IgboAmaka

Ode grin

1 Like

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by ThatFairGuy: 7:06am On Jun 04, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:

Cc sammy07 grin cheesy Igbo Amaka , ogwashi ukwu Amaka cool
Do you have ukwu tongue
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by vincentjk(m): 8:43am On Jun 04, 2020
IduNaOba:

Ode grin

U think say na play play? cry
Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by kasim155: 8:56am On Jun 06, 2020
HoliMaree:

grin grin Boss na lie I talk?
U nor lie, d S.E n S.W are far doing very well internationally than d North.

1 Like

Re: Innocent Ilo Wins 2020 Commonwealth Short-story For African Region by igboamakaaa: 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Amarabae:
I am expecting my last baby ,and the scan says that its a girl.
when she arrives, I and my husby have decided to name her "Igboamaka"
lol Igbo amaka,
hug a transformer if you are pained.
never allow them shut you up when you achieve something, rub it in their face.
Igbo amaka
Nne Congrats!!!
On the day of the naming ceremony, be sure to invite igboamakaaa grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Teacher (home-coming) +18 / LETHAL SEDUCTION //An Erotica / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.