Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole (27947 Views)

Peter Obi: "Soludo Is A Betrayer Of The Igbo Nation" - Prof. Osuji / Running Mate: You’re A Betrayer Of Highest Order, Edwin Clark, Attack Okowa / Imo APC Crisis: Okorocha’s Son In-law Tackles Oshiomhole, Says ''you’re Not God' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Crownbefitsme(f): 7:03am On Jun 04, 2020
•Says party chair must recuse himself from Edo nomination process

Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki, has described the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, as a pathological betrayer who even betrayed God in his promises to Edo people.

Speaking to journalists after submitting his expression of interest and nomination forms at the party’s secretariat, Abuja, Obaseki claimed he sacrificed a lot to ensure Oshiomhole won the Edo governorship ticket and emerge national chairman of the APC.

Although he did not explicitly explain the sacrifices he made to aid Oshiomhole’s emergence as party chairman, the governor claimed Oshiomhole was broke before contesting for governorship and needed help.

He said Oshiomhole should restrain himself from participating in the forthcoming nomination process for the APC gubernatorial ticket in Edo because, as an interested party, he could not be trusted to guarantee the credibility of the process.

“In life, everybody gets help; everybody gets assisted. The person talked about (Oshiomhole) had no money when he left labour to contest (as governor). We knew what we did to make him governor. I sacrificed eight years of my life pro bono, I collected no kobo to serve him in Edo. Today, we know what we have built because of where we started from.

“So, when you talk of betrayal, the biggest betrayal can be when people betray a cause, when they betray an idea. That is the greatest betrayal of all. It is like betraying God. When you said to God, this is what I stand for, and then God gives you power and you turn around and do the exact opposite, there is no greater betrayal than that. So, when you talk about betrayal, let us be very clear. I want to put it on record that I am grateful, he assisted me just as I assisted him. I know the sacrifices we made to make him national chairman. So, what are we talking about?

“The reason I went to see our national leader is that I don’t want the party torn apart. I am a man of peace. For me and my colleague governors, we cannot see a party we built destroyed, we cannot see a ruling party being so weakened and whatever it will take to secure peace, to secure harmony, I am prepared to make.

“That is why I joined my colleagues to go and see Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to assure him that we are all working for the same cause, we are all working to build our party. From 26 states, we are now 20. We don’t want to lose any more state, there is really no reason to. We should all drop our egos and work for our party and the unity of our country.

“However, I am using this opportunity to call on Oshiomhole to recuse himself from the Edo nomination process because he is an interested party. It is against natural justice for a man to be a judge in his own case. So, I think the honourable thing to do is to excuse himself and let’s have a free process and let’s reconcile and build our party,” Obaseki said.

Obaseki listed the following as reasons for seeking re-election: “Three years is not enough, four years is not enough, to crystallise all these reforms. So, another four years will give me that opportunity to consolidate on what we have done. That is a promise of APC; we are a reformist party, we are a progressive party. That’s why I am here today to indicate my interest and my desire to run for another term as governor of Edo, so that I can continue in the service of my people.”

The governor said, though he was sure of victory, whether the party adopted direct or indirect primaries, there was the need to follow constitutional requirements.

“The bases of any democracy are the rules, that is why the most important document in our party is our constitution. Our constitution is very detailed and it spells out clearly how we should undertake our affairs as a party. The constitution stipulates what mode of primaries is allowed in our party and how decisions to the type of primaries you want to run should be arrived that. It’s clearly stated in our constitution and so, for me, I believe that, as a lawful party, we will do things according to the constitution. So, direct or indirect, I am certain I will win the primaries,” said.

The Edo State governor dismissed rumours that he plans to join the PDP as absurd: “How can I collect form from two parties when we have rulings in the past disqualifying people on that? I am a party man to the core. APC is my party because I come from a progressive political family. I believe in the ideals of APC, I believe in our President, I believe in what he stands for. So, I am a party man to the core. I am not an old-style politician. I represent a new direction of politics that is based on facts and truth, not lies.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/youre-a-betrayer-obaseki-tackles-oshiomhole/

1 Like

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Amotolongbo(f): 7:07am On Jun 04, 2020
“In life, everybody gets help; everybody gets assisted. The person talked about (Oshiomhole) had no money when he left labour to contest (as governor). We knew what we did to make him governor. I sacrificed eight years of my life pro bono, I collected no kobo to serve him in Edo. Today, we know what we have built because of where we started from.
This is a very big lie

He should have said something else to appeal to our sympathy

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Franklyspeakin: 7:08am On Jun 04, 2020
I don't like osho cos he talks too much. Though he has spoken less in the last few days. But obaseki bye bye

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 04, 2020
Two selfish politicians. They want to take over the airspace from covid-19. But their news is better than the later.

4 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by philo04(m): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2020
Don't be suprised this could be a script from both parties...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by ThatFairGuy: 7:17am On Jun 04, 2020
This primary go too sweet tongue

4 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by drskyfly007(m): 8:19am On Jun 04, 2020
philo04:
Don't be suprised this could be a script from both parties...
As in it could be a planned script to lure Ize Iyamu to APC and thereby reducing pdp chances. Ize Iyamu could be the pawn here..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by philo04(m): 8:29am On Jun 04, 2020
drskyfly007:
As in it could be a planned script to lure Ize Iyamu to APC and thereby reducing pdp chances. Ize Iyamu could be the pawn here..
Nigeria politics is easy to predict

3 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2020
Betrayal is normal in politics

3 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by EzzyCarter: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2020
In politics, there's no permanent friend neither is there a permanent enemy. Sides can switch anytime grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2020
Oshiomole Vs Obaseki, June 22 is at hand, we are waiting for who is going to be the master of strategies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by freshkpomo(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2020
More
Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by IYANGBALI: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2020
All of una be tif
Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Mopolchi: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2020
I like Oshiomhole. He no dey too make noise. Na after primaries he dey talk. Amosun do gra gra finish, him loyal. Okoroawusa do him own gra gra, him loyal too. Who be Obaseki wey no go loyal? As he short eh, fear am, na short man devil. You see am, you see el Rufai, you see Ngige, fear dem if you're in APC.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by ForeThinker: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2020
Love is so short, forgetting is so long.

4 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by thundafire: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2020
C him mouth,as if after his 2nd term wouldn't he still do same to his successor

5 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Exc2000: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2020
grin

I like how Oshiomhole no even send this small boy and hin rants

Make Oga no go get HBP before june 22

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Jaspaman: 9:43am On Jun 04, 2020
Betrayer ko bricklayer grin grin

Anyways if you"ve lost your job and have no other source of income, join this and start making money for yourself. Should in case you choose to join check my signature and mail me and i will share you the details about it on how to get started.

2 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2020
Igboland is on fire with this obaseki and oshiomole rift

Na wa ooo

4 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by freshkpomo(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2020
Say no to Godfatherism

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Jokerman(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2020
APC taskmasters are betrayers angry grin

That's how Ambode was betrayed

1 Like

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Lumig: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
grin angry
Who dey betray who? It's like the thing dey pepper Obaseki more o. Why now shouting "betrayal" all around after flexing muscles with him all this while as if you are all-in-all in Edo state. Water don pass gàárì for Obaseki. Lolz

11 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by ClitRaider: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
Obaseki should keep qwayet. This is not how to play power tussle.

11 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

I like how Oshiomhole no even send this small boy and hin rants

shut up!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by sanemind2(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
My guy don dey shake

Meanwhile

500gb External hard drive is available filled with hd movies,check signature

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Kyase(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
How many times this news go enter front page?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by meum: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
Strategists don't talk 2 much. Go inside and strategize.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by nurex01(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
Lol. I cannot laugh. Water don pass Garri

7 Likes

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by jadeliyi(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2020
in other news today is my birthday can I get likes

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re A Betrayer, Obaseki Tackles Oshiomhole by Olukat(m): 9:46am On Jun 04, 2020
Obaseki has displayed he's a courageous man.
In life help must come from people, such 'help' shouldn't take away your freedom.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isaac Fayose To Femi Fani-Kayode: Give The Kids To Their Mum To Take Care Of / Drama As Ezekwesili Signs 2019 General Elections Peace Accord / "1983 Crisis Will Be A Child's Play In 2019" - CUPP Explodes Over Osun Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.