Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court (40073 Views)

Adeosun’s alleged certificate forgery not a corruption matter – Presidency / Minister Kemi Adeosun Spotted With Buhari Amid NYSC Certificate Forgery. Photos / NYSC Certificate Forgery: Sack Kemi Adeosun - PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by johnmartus(m): 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
Injunction are you kidding me.
festacman:
Same old script:
Sue for certificate forgery
Obtain ex-parte injunction to stop party primary
Use thugs to scatter venue of party primary
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by Androidlic: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
lol
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by wink2015(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
THE CASE WILL NOT SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY AS IT IS POLITICALLY MOTIVATED.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by Cvesta(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Duru009:
I pity Obaseki, that his deputy called Shaibu will certainly go to jail after ize iyamu is sworned in....

Can you tell hs why shaibu will go to jail?
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by fuke(m): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
blessme105:
This is a lesson to all future betrayers. Never outshine ur master. When u break the code, then be ready for its consequences.

No political heavyweight(s) will support Obaseki in his madness cos he has proven not to be loyal to his helpers.

Since he has being turned down by Tinubu and Aso Rock, he has recently gone back to his attack on Oshiomole. Zero strategy with leaking mouth gov.

I dislike betrayers with a passion.
I wonder where Obaseki thinks his votes will come from.
From the constituencies of 14 HAS members he denied seatings?
Head or tail, he's a-gonna.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by Mayeldah(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2020
blessme105:
This is a lesson to all future betrayers. Never outshine ur master. When u break the code, then be ready for its consequences.

No political heavyweight(s) will support Obaseki in his madness cos he has proven not to be loyal to his helpers.

Since he has being turned down by Tinubu and Aso Rock, he has recently gone back to his attack on Oshiomole. Zero strategy with leaking mouth gov.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Why is oshiomole causing problem in Edo state? Who made Oshiomole a God in Edo state?

Even if he helped Obaseki in the last Election must he conitnue to lord over everyone? I am not from Edo state but it seems we the youths supporting oshiomole in this issue are part of Nigeria's problems.

Don't support evil just becuase of party or enthic or religious affiliations!

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by geraldswallow: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
The only thing these black monkeys know about is hustling for politics even in the pandemic that is rocking the world
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by Noel19: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
blessme105:

Since he has being turned down by Tinubku and Aso Rock, he has recently gone back to his attack on Oshiomole. Zero strategy with leaking mouth gov.

As a governor your loyalty is for the people and not for a mere mortal and self-acclaimed godfather whose interest is his pockets only.

Your reasoning is very skewed, and with people like you Nigeria is in a mess.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
babaolofin:

Dear Nigerian youth, I stopped reading your epistle on this paragraph. The present youths have problems. The future of Nigeria has problems.

Coming to Ambode personality with the local thugs or area boys language of this is not Lagos, the sluggishness of a tiger is not a sign of cowardice (yoruba proverb). Tiger is gentle and thread carefully in a bush while dogs and other animals run anyhow and make noise in the same bush. Jesus said nobody will want to build a Tower that will not firstly analyze the cost of building it and make sure he has the money to build it to completion before he starts to avoid uncompleted project and mockery of a man who started what he cannot finish. Jesus never spoke of faith in this parable.

This is not Lagos, but Obaseki brought seven governors to beg Tinubu to plead with Oshiomhole. This is apart from several other governors from both APC and PDP who have privately consulted with Tinubu on this issue, this is apart from several party elders that have consulted Tinubu on this issue. When it ended in fiasco, you now set up a probe and ordered Oshiomhole to be arrested when the whole world including police and judiciary know it is part of politics. No yoruba or Hausa will try such because it is too open. Ambode, a man of intellect, very calm and high meditation before taking a step like late Chief Anthony Anenih will never do gra gra gra without considering other factors. This is what you called cowardice. Gra gra or chest beating leads to a lot of casualties and wastage of resources.

Nobody is begging Tinubu anything. In politics its a good idea to consult both your friend and your enemy.

Again which house to build is Ambode analyzing? Hasnt him phased out? Was he not embarrassed?

This is politics my friend. Its a game of fights. If you lose so be it. Nobody cares if Obaaeki loses out. Did Oshiomole not fight Tony Anenih?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by moderatedguy: 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
Charly68:
How will he coast to victory when they have started arranging needless battles for him to distract him. Can't you see that what they are doing now is to wage war against his integrity ..he will be going to court to fight through why another case will surface and only God knows what they will call that one.. at the end when he lose out they would say it is part of the game ..he should not be angry
He has immunity and as such there's no question of distraction for him.The case cud kick off proper after Obaseki finishes his 2nd term.....Lol
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by ddippset(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
moderatedguy:
That means they wud be triving on hearsay which wud be stupid of them.
It's all politics..

If you perceive any dirt on your opponent you use it to the fullest!

There is no honour in Nigerian politics.

Is there anybody who does not know that the choice of the direct primary option is to have the best opportunity to rig out Obaseki?
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by ddippset(m): 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
moderatedguy:
He has immunity and as such there's no question of distraction for him.The case cud kick off proper after Obaseki finishes his 2nd term.....Lol
No.

If another party is able to prove it at the election petitions tribunal after the election both Obaseki and APC will lose that seat.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by lovelyefem(m): 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
Those calling Ambode a coward relative to Obaseki/ Oshiomole feud should note that

1. Lagos state in a way is the seat of APC.
2. PDP has never ruled Lagos state.
3. Majority of the party veterans since the days of ACN are all based in Lagos.
4. Ambode favoured the gentlemen , unfortunately gentlemen don't vote during the primary election
5. Tinubu was not directly fighting Ambode, it was majorly the APC foot soldiers that were against him for his seemingly neglect of party chieftains.
6 . Ambode fought back in his own little way, but it was the battle of Ambode VS his party, like a battle against the world. Before the Election, he went on to LTV live to to criticize the party chieftains and Sanwo Olu, he went on to brazenly blew his own trumpet, unfortunately for him the elites don't participate in the primary Election.
7. Akinwunmi Ambode was never a politician, he did not see it coming on time, he was a lone fighter, deserted by his own cabinet...........................
......... Obaseki and deputy were ready for war, there was a lot of confrontations even before now, The Governor is fighting Oshiomole not APC.............

Conclusion pls leave Ambode alone, all the odds were against him, Raji Fashola fought and won because he was really loved by the lagosians , he relatively worked hard as a governor and his profession as a lawyer was an added advantage. Fashola is an orator compared to the gentleman Ambode, Ambode has been relegated already pls let the man rest.

I'm not a politician,I do not mean to insult anyone, am just saying my mind here. I want to retrait that am open to being schooled in a constructive way . No insult please.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by senatordave1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
fergie001:

I only attacked the reason you gave, not you. Why should I attack you?
You didn't offend me nah.
Your passion on the subject matter against Obaseki is on every thread opened for this purpose. Will you then say you aren't biased?
I can excuse you however, if you are an APC member and an electorate there. Its within your rights.

.....So what happened in Zamfara?
Were Yari and Oshiomhole in different parties?
Did Yari not fight him head-on with the popular "if they born his father and mother well,....."(in reference to Oshiomhole).

Don't take it to heart....I mean no harm.
Let them fight ON.

That of zamfara does not apply here please. Yari wasn't really fighting with osho but with with the marafa faction.oshio tried to be neutral and in the end yari lost out.by the way,osho is not yari godfather,he has no stake or interest in zamfara.the loss of zamfara may have been orchestrated by federal forces to punish yari who was growing wings.there's no way obaseki will prevail except buhari intervenes
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by senatordave1(m): 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
fergie001:

They cannot disqualify him because they haven't showed cause why.

The PEPT has long settled this case in Muhammadu Buhari v Atiku & PDP. The idea is to distract him.

He can be disqualified by the screening committee,you are not in apc
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by fergie001: 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
senatordave1:

He can be disqualified by the screening committee,you are not in apc
Are we talking about APC or the Courts?
I am talking about the latter....that's where the case is.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by fergie001: 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
senatordave1:

That of zamfara does not apply here please. Yari wasn't really fighting with osho but with with the marafa faction.oshio tried to be neutral and in the end yari lost out.by the way,osho is not yari godfather,he has no stake or interest in zamfara.the loss of zamfara may have been orchestrated by federal forces to punish yari who was growing wings.there's no way obaseki will prevail except buhari intervenes
I pick out three things...
So you jumped the questions?
We're Yari and Oshiomhole in different political parties?
That's the basis for comparison.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by RunThins: 5:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
And here we go! After the recent precedence set in the Bayelsa case, tell me who in their right minds would advocate for GNO to be the party flag bearer now? To all of you political neophytes claiming section 308 or whatever of the constitution; the goal of this suit is not to challenge the immunity of a sitting governor, rather to lay the legal basis to screen him out of the primary.

If this is true--the forgery case; then GNO better go to SDP, because even PDP will not even sell him their ticket. Think of it, while this was buried in 2016 because he had the backing of the APC political machinery behind him, that is not the case now. So even if he manages to win the primary and goes on to win the general election; there's no guarantee he would be sworn in.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by senatordave1(m): 5:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
fergie001:

I pick out three things...
So you jumped the questions?
We're Yari and Oshiomhole in different political parties?
That's the basis for comparison.

They were not actually fighting per se.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by fergie001: 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
senatordave1:

They were not actually fighting per se.
If they born his father and mother well, let him come to Zamfara to conduct primaries.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by senatordave1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
fergie001:

If they born his father and mother well, let him come to Zamfara to conduct primaries.

He didn't and yari lost.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by moderatedguy: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
ddippset:
No.

If another party is able to prove it at the election petitions tribunal after the election both Obaseki and APC will lose that seat.
That is if the tribunal rules B4 he is sworn in for 2nd term
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by fergie001: 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
senatordave1:

He didn't and yari lost.
You say he didn't say it?

Yes not to the Primaries or elections but to the Court.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by moderatedguy: 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
RunThins:
And here we go! After the recent precedence set in the Bayelsa case, tell me who in their right minds would advocate for GNO to be the party flag bearer now? To all of you political neophytes claiming section 308 or whatever of the constitution; the goal of this suit is not to challenge the immunity of a sitting governor, rather to lay the legal basis to screen him out of the primary.

If this is true--the forgery case; then GNO better go to SDP, because even PDP will not even sell him their ticket. Think of it, while this was buried in 2016 because he had the backing of the APC political machinery behind him, that is not the case now. So even if he manages to win the primary and goes on to win the general election; there's no guarantee he would be sworn in.
Obaseki has a genuine result it's left for Osho.. to prove otherwise ....let him continue wasting his time.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by senatordave1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
fergie001:

You say he didn't say it?

Yes not to the Primaries or elections but to the Court.

The summary is that yari lost eventually
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by ogbonti: 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
OSHOMOLE IS TRYING TO ESTABLISH A DYNASTY OF LOYALISTS, with the solid impression that he crowns whoever becomes a governor and if he doesn’t aupport you - you can’t win

NOW regardless of the political sins of Obaseki OR even the goodness of Oshiomole

my question is - is this a healthy precedence for the people of Edo State?

power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely- when this god fatherism stuff is allowed to thrive, then OSHIOMOLE CAN DEMAND THE STATE BUDGET and RESOURCES BE HANDED OVER TO HIM and it will be done INSTANTA

HIS LOYALISTS will steal, plunder, harass, maim, killl, rape, torture, do and undo and the Governor of the day will be too scared to enforce the law because he will not want to offend OSHIOMOLE

IS THIS REALLY WHAT WE WANT EDO STATE TO BE?

A mafia enclave run by a mafia boss drawing and enforcing parallel rules and regulations - contrary to the quintessential norms of ethics, good governance and development?

so that means in future- if someone wants to serve the state because he is qualified and for ideas that will create a positive impact, then he will be at the mercy of the dwarf god-father ?

IS THIS NOT MENTAL SLAVERY BOB MARLEY WARNED THE BLACK RACE ABOUT? - emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none buy ourselves can free our own minds?

NIGERIANS - the choice is yours

I have already fled the sh it hole to safety in the western world- na una sabi, you all can set fire to the jungle and burn Zoogeria down

none of na fvc king business
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by fergie001: 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
senatordave1:

The summary is that yari lost eventually
Yes...just like Lyon.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by ddippset(m): 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
moderatedguy:
That is if the tribunal rules B4 he is sworn in for 2nd term
What are you saying?

Did tribunal not remove Wike even after he was sworn in?

What about Osumbor, and Ihedioha?

It's a pre-election matter, he can be removed even after swearing in.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by Didi2d(m): 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
you mumu no be small... It's s waste of money because no court can entertain such against a governor that enjoys immunity...

Why are you people talking like this naw! Yes he enjoys immunity, but he's found guilty will he be able to contest for second term? That's what you should be saying.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by Didi2d(m): 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
ddippset:
No.

Tell them jare! I think the Oshiomole camp are trying to play smart and safe here, so for APC to loose the seat if eventually Obaseki wins the primary and governorship. I think the party's screening committee might disqualify him from contesting.
Am sure he's weighing all sides now and am sure he's regretting his actions.
Let's see how things unfold

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Governor Obaseki Dragged To Court by Bimpe29: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please ask him again.
moderatedguy:
who made u d judge of that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Press Crew Bus In Tinubu’s Convoy, Two Injured (Pictures, Video) / Police Disrupt CAN's Anti-Herdsmen Protest In Adamawa (Photos) / Mbaka Tells Buhari To Resign Or Be Impeached Over Insecurity (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.