Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,895 members, 7,810,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

What Movie Did You Watch Today? - TV/Movies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Did You Watch Today? (33869 Views)

Top 10 Movies On Netflix To Watch Today – March 27, 2022 - Tolu Olulana / Guys Which Movie Did You Watched And Got Addicted To In This Lockdown / What Movie Are You Searching For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
Where do I start from?

Let me start with the one that has touched me most profoundly: Incendies

A Christian woman in an unnamed middle eastern country falls in love with a Muslim refugee, falls into disgrace, is sent back to live with her uncle in the city, where all hell is let loose. The movie uses foreshadowing and flashbacks to narrate this very touching story. There is a shocking but not totally unexpected twist at the end. I sensed it when Nawal's daughter Jeanne was listening to the janitor.

Sad sad sad, and beautiful. A masterpiece from Denis Villeneuvill.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
A happier story is Soul.

I sense several Oscar nominations and a possible win from this Pixar studios production. Starring the voices of Jamie Foxx and Melissa Fey, this animated movie scratches the surface of the mystery of the Great Beyond, as well as gives us things to think about; like are we born with a special purpose, or do we create our own destinies? A middles aged music teacher is essentially the poster boy for 'failed musician'. Finally, he gets his big break through the help of a former student. However, as he happily jaunts home after getting the gig of his dreams, he falls into an open manhole and his life changes...

It's a fantastic movie. 4 stars out of 5.

PS- There is a place Mr Garner visits in the other dimension called The Zone. This is a place where creative people enter when they get lost in their creation. I've been to the zone a couple of times, the first time was when I was writing my part in a Nairaland collaboration sometime around 2014 or so. The world dissolved around me and I saw nothing, heard nothing, felt nothing, except for the story i was writing.

The story is well researched and very intelligently written, just like Inside Out.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
The Croods- A New Age:
A lot funnier than its predecessor, although with lower ratings. This movie taught me never to take all these online ratings seriously because they are extremely biased. I immensely enjoyed it and laughed almost throughout the movie.

The Croods meet the Bettermans and have to come to terms with 'evolution' which Phil and Hope Betterman represent. The Croods are Homo erectus, while The Bettermans are Homo sapiens, and when these two clash boy is it a clusterfuck! cheesy

9/10 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by LisaHamiltonEu(f): 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
Today we watched Pixar's new movie Soul, actually, it's a fantasy comedy-drama produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Well, it's an amazing movie, and we had a great time watching it. So, I think you will like it, because, in my opinion, Soul is a movie that would speak more to adults, especially those who are going through a midlife crisis and have lost the meaning of life. Moreover, I really liked the way the afterlife is depicted there. By the way, we found Soul on a movie streaming site where you can watch movies online free, and we were satisfied with the picture quality and the opportunity to watch a movie without ads.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

AMAA 2019: Complete List Of Winners / Ini Edo Dressed As A Pot-belly Man For A Movie / BBNaija: Frodd And Omashola Struggle To Carry Venita's Luggage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.