Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,435 members, 7,846,792 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Online Marketing Strategies You Don’t Know About - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Marketing Strategies You Don’t Know About (520 Views)

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN / Top Paying Online Marketing Programs Nigerians Can Sign Up For / 11 Tested Marketing Strategies For Outstanding Business Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Marketing Strategies You Don’t Know About by Adsumo(m): 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
# FIRST POST

When you’re just starting out with online marketing, you will discover how difficult and overwhelming it can be to find eligible customers. This doesn’t mean that your business is not working. It only means you are not doing something right.

Marketing requires a lot of hard work and dedication, especially when you are on a tight budget. With the right strategy and resources, you can generate massive sales online even on a tight budget.

In this post, I’m going to show you the biggest mistakes that you’re making, and what you can do instead to start making sales online. Also don’t forget to follow me after this postwink

Let’s begin…

When sourcing for customers online, the right approach is to create a marketing campaign using online platforms. Some online platforms include Facebook posts, tweets, Google ads and so on.

A very common mistake a lot of people make is that they abuse the use of online platforms by posting spam (repeated) messages at every given chance. Promotional messages are just too many on the internet.

So, what does this tell you? It means the online marketplace is HIGHLY competitive. Whichever industry you work in, or whatever your profession, you will always find competitors. When a person reaches out to you about your product, Just know that they must have spoken to ten people before you. So what are the chances that they’ll buy from you?.

But, despite so much competition on the internet, you can establish yourself as an authority in your industry. An authority is a person who is perceived as a reliable source of information. They give valuable recommendations and advice based on facts, and not because they are desperate to sell you something.

When people believe and trust in you, it becomes very easy to sell your products. But when you market your products directly to a cold audience, you’re most likely going to get frustrated - because, they know nothing about you.

“Marketing is firstly about you, and your product second"

To create a successful marketing campaign online, you first need to let your audience know about you and what you offer. Take the time to establish trust with your potential customers, and then you can lead them through a process toward a sale. This can be done by using a sales funnel strategy.

A sales funnel is a step-by-step process that allows you to bring your potential customers towards a buying decision through a series of (automated) marketing actions.

Don’t get confused. Just relax and continue reading… The end goal of a sales funnel is to lead potential customers to buy from you. It’s as simple as that!

So, let me illustrate a sales funnel in four simple steps below for better understanding: This might prove very useful for your business, so please read carefully:

STEP 1: AWARENESS

The first step in creating a sales funnel is to create awareness about your products. Because we assume that your audience don’t know anything about you, the ideal thing to do is to call out your audience with a very simple advert. You can do this by creating social media posts, print fliers, public banners or whatever other options you can think of.

STEP 2: INTEREST

When an audience sees your advert, you need a place to invite them, right?. Here, you’re going to need a landing page (this is a web page that a visitor first arrives at a website).
To invite people to your landing page, you need to create awareness through adverts (as mentioned in step one). And then, add your website address to your advert

How the Landing Page Works
Your landing page is where your potential customers will learn about you and what you offer. Your landing page will include your product(s) information, a contact form (to collect the names and emails of your visitors) and maybe other vital details you want your potential customers to know about. The idea of a landing page is to stir up interest in your visitors and NOT to sell to them yet. Take note…

STEP 3: DECISION

The decision process is when a potential customer as to decide whether or not to buy from you. He or she might be considering two or three options (other businesses) — hopefully, including you.
This is the time to make your best offer. It could be free delivery, a discount code, or a bonus product. Whatever the case, make it so irresistible that your leads (potential customers) can’t wait to take advantage of it.
And remember, now that you have their contact information, you can always reach out to them via email concerning other products and opportunities that you have to offer in the future.

STEP 4: ACTION
At the very end of the sales funnel, the customer acts. He or she purchases your product or service and becomes part of your business’s ecosystem. Just because a consumer reaches the end of the funnel, however, doesn’t mean your work is done.
The next action is for both you the marketer and the customer. You want to do your best to turn one purchase into 10, 10 into 100, and so on.
In other words, you’re focusing on customer retention. Express gratitude for the purchase, invite your customer to reach out with feedback, and make yourself available for support, if applicable.

……………….….…….

The sales funnel can be a really POWERFUL tool when used properly. This is how big brands generate massive sales online – and they are able to do this with less effort.
To build a successful business today, you need to fortify yourself with the right knowledge and skills. The online marketplace is incredibly competitive, and marketers are getting smarter by the day. If you don’t innovate your marketing strategy you’re definitely going to have a hard time growing your business.
So don’t waste another minute of your time trying to pursue customers who aren’t interested in your product. Instead, focus on funneling the right customers who are super interested in what you offer.
So, I really hope that you enjoyed this post. Check my signature to learn more about sales funnel and online marketing.

Please, feel free to ask questions.

What are the challenges you’re facing in your business? Comment below. I’ll do my best to answer your questions. Your contributions are also welcome.
Re: Online Marketing Strategies You Don’t Know About by Adsumo(m): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
MobiusDickius:
Thank you for this useful information. You know, I read many times about internet marketing and I always felt that something is missed. When I read an article about how to advertise on google maps, I understood everything. I am sure that you should also read it if you want to understand how the internet process works.

Thanks for the insight, I'll do that just now

(1) (Reply)

Gain Financial Freedom By Just Watching Youtube Videos On This Site (100% Legit) / CEO Gokada, Fahim Saleh's Last Emotional Video Before His Death(photos+video) / Nigeria Naira Compare To Other African Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.