Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN (33755 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by dre11(m): 2:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria in charge of Financial Stability, Aisha Ahmad, has said she does not know the quantities of new notes the CBN printed and released for circulation.

She said this while responding to questions by lawmakers when she appeared before the House of Representatives to brief the House on the apex bank’s cashless policy and cash withdrawal limits.

The lawmakers had on Wednesday resolved that a deputy governor of the CBN should appear to brief the House today (Thursday) in the absence of the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, who is outside the country to attend to health issues.

A lawmaker, Sada Soli, in the course of the grilling of the CBN deputy governor, raised concerns over the non-availability of the new notes, days after it was were released to the public and asked her to disclose the quantities of new notes printed.

But responding to the question, the CBN deputy governor said she does not know the quantities of notes printed by the apex bank.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-we-dont-know-quantities-of-new-notes-printed-cbn/

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by FrancescoFarino(f): 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2022
This Is Super Story ,A life Of Strife And Sorrow.

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by sweetonugbu: 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2022
Imagin,if a whole Deputy Governor of CBN dosn,t know the quantity of new naira note in cerculation na me sweetonugbu go know?, Naija na comedy central.nb for those qouting me below, she can easily answer them thus" It is a clasified information therefore i cant answer your question openly" .a lot of clasified information are revealed to the National Assembly OFF THE MIC and CAMERA.

219 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by NwaNimo1(m): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2022

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by gaby(m): 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2022
And this is supposed to be a country?

No words at all.

I'm checking out...

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by backtovillage: 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2022
Some idiots on this forum praising Emefiele thinking he has good intentions

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Tochi3(m): 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2022
The maladministration of APCshit in the history of Nigeria is second to none ...

With APCshit Nigeria can never sink further than she has sunk unless APCshit continues through Thief'nubu... God forbid...then Nigeria will be buried forever..

130 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Lanretoye(m): 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2022
Weldone,they are already exchanging the old notes for new ones from the cabals.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Racoon(m): 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2022
Just imagine! Is this fella one of the Board of directors/ management of the CBN? Meaning that the Nigerian Security and Minting agency printed staggering amount of naira notes? This is corruption!

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by lexylaw40: 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2022
Emeifele is on the run....... Niggah busted

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Nightwolf1: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
APC goons in central bank are bunch of useless people.

Under Thîefnubu it is going to be worst.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by lexylaw40: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2022
How can emeifele just live his office to go to another country without any formal letter.....is he above the law.??

It took the whole house of assembly to ask about his werabout Before he called in to say he is attending to his health some around the world. I mean..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by SmartPolician: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
I have to agree with the House on this.

If CBN is really serious about getting rid of the old naira before January 31st, we ought to have large amounts of the new naira notes in circulation by now.

Even bank ATMs still dispense old naira notes!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Johnrake69: 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
This is the simple reason crypto remains the future. 21M bitcoin is the max supply there can ever be.

Fiat as a store of value is complete foolishness. The more the government prints the lower the value of the money in your pocket. Why are people still blinded to this fact?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by SexyBabe001: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2022
Hmmm... Una don start... CBN & fraud

Dear Men,

I sell quality leather shoes for Christmas.. Don't wear same shoes of three years into this year again...

100% quality leather shoes... Lagos Delivery only

https://www.nairaland.com/7482791/christmas-sales-men-quality-leather

Check the thread for more photos

6 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Kingluqman(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2022
grin

O ti lor!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Mumusaphire: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2022
Hmmmmm. Nigeria my country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Atarakpa: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2022
This unacceptable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by sorextee(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
Useless regime.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Sayfact: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
Yahoo yahoo people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by snoopz: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
I thing I know is that the CBN gov dey plan something dangerous for these politicians against next year gen election. There is no way a deputy governor at CBN won't know or have this type information

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Buksaylor: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-we-dont-know-quantities-of-new-notes-printed-cbn/

Criminals....make dem release plenty make una pack am store again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by dazzlingd(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
grin

How would you know when incompetent people are the ones that are being employed through nepotism and connections.

An example is one below

https://www.nairaland.com/7492337/cheat-way-nigeria-celebrated

https://www.nairaland.com/7491606/now-january-2-choose-these#119340135

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by ATEAMS: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
Ok....

Meanwhile

1 Share

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by sotall(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2022
undecided

Shoro niyen undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Suunnn(f): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2022

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Olachase(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2022
Nigeria my country nawa, well the last person to leave this country should please remember to off the light cry cry

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by erico2k2(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2022
Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2022
And you people say this Emfiele and his CBN team are not mental?

11 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by adioolayi(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
Wetin dey wan use the quantity do

The lawmakers wan corner the entire thing

That's a security question...I stand with the Deputy Governor's response

7 Likes

Re: We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN by Slurity(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
SENSELESS JOURNALISM TO GET ATTENTION. I DON'T KNOW IS DIFFERENT FROM WE (CBN) DON'T KNOW. HER OFFICE MAY NOT BE PRIVY TO ALL INFORMATIONS

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos / HILARIOUS: See What A Man Asked Jumia On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.