Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post (60227 Views)

European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg / President Buhari Nominates Kingsley Obiorah As CBN Deputy Governor / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by justlegacy: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Some people don't understand sasarcasm
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by firo08(m): 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
seunmsg:
Kudos to the president for this kind gesture. At least, Igbos can now let us rest on this forum. Those among them praying for the downfall of Adesina simply because he’s from the south west can now get preoccupied with praying for their Igbo daughter’s success.

I can also bet nobody will talk about nepotism on this thread. The fact that the president withdrew support from Yonov Agah, a Nigerian from the north central and now supports an Igbo lady should not go unnoticed. If it was the other way round, the fury of hell fire would be a child’s play to what they would bring down tonight. I wish her the best in the election.
Why are you like this?
Don't pass this hatred to your next generation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by aspiring44: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
What about Akinwumi Adesina?

We just have to present a more sellable candidate. Who is more sellable than Okonjo Iweala for now?
Definitely “same individuals” that have greatly excelled globally.

She is a Global standard. Her credentials is intimidating.
Some work hard to get a position, some just sit at home and position run after them .

If you are good , you are good. No one can take it from you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by osejie17(m): 11:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
This govt is just cashing out, at the expense of the people.any how Las Las God will surely expose Dem

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by CzarChris(m): 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Madam Ngozi is not an Igbo woman, but was married by an Igbo.
Her tribe is Niger delta.
PERIOD!
When will you people stop all these nonsense? She is first a Nigerian before anything else. Freaking get a grip.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Gidiblaze444(m): 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Congratulations to her.

Today is my birthday,wish me well guys.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Goke7: 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
seunmsg:

Still the same excuse. If the favored person is Igbo, it’s because he/she is the most qualified for the position in the world. No other person is qualified so the president has no choice. If it is someone from another tribe, it is nepotism.

See, it’s really becoming embarrassing and you guys really need to stop this. Appreciate the wonderful gesture of the president and stop being an ingrate.

They will forever be ingrates cos no one including God can satisfy them even if He gives them the entire world

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
seunmsg:

Still the same excuse. If the favored person is Igbo, it’s because he/she is the most qualified for the position in the world. No other person is qualified so the president has no choice. If it is someone from another tribe, it is nepotism.

See, it’s really becoming embarrassing and you guys really need to stop this. Appreciate the wonderful gesture of the president and stop being an ingrate.
Wonderful gesture my foot as if he's doing us any favor, appreciate the nomination as if we're foreigners and didn't deserve the position, you must be unbelievably slow up stairs.
To hell with his nepotistic ass. We don't give a damn anymore.
Go ahead and continue leaking the smelly ass of the Fulani jihadists for what rightfully belongs to you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Noel19: 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
seunmsg:

You see the problem with you Nigerians from your part is too much hatred and bitterness towards a particular tribe.

Her appointment by the south African govt is also a favour towards her?

Her appointment on the board of directors of Twitter is also a favour right?

her appointments were all based on merit. She's an internationally acclaimed technocrat and thus Buhari has no other choice than recommending her appointment.

You guys should grow up from this una naija mentality of thinking this way if not you guys will continue to lag behind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Raxxye:
Hmmm. I doubt if Buhari would want to nominate a former member of GEJ's cabinet. If it's true, then congratulations to her. But why should we continue to recycle same individuals for so many years?

Think it's best to give the jobs to a capable hands. The woman is good and the world's knows that. You can't hide a candle under a bushel. Kudos to her and the FRN.

I do get your point on the recycling products. Bbut that's not in this case. It's in the political sector. That's where we need to stop these recycled products that have nothing to offer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by frog12: 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
than man must be crying. politics. what state is he from?

seunmsg:

He has a choice. In fact, he withdrew the nomination of a northerner to support your Igbo sister. Yuonov Agah served meritoriously for two terms as WTO deputy DG. You guys should show gratitude and stop being ungrateful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by jedisco(m): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Soundcoded:
What do you think about nairaland developing an online marketing app to compete with jiji?
I think it will go a long way to better Nigeria online marketing especially when it will be competitive with "jiji", the Nigeria no. 1 online marketing store.
One of the advantage is that it will grow fast especially when some of its traffic well be generated from nairaland forum and will be very competitive

Would be nice... Annoyingly, Seun has not developed this fora in years... If he's not careful, another may take over

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Pope22(m): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
kettykings:
if this is true then the Igbos and PDP members in the south east should understand the man has turned a new leaf
There is nothing like turning a new leaf. There is nobody from the north that can stand or is fit for such highly sensitive role...that's why. You think Buhari doesn't have sense? When it comes to international role, he always knows the right people for it because in Nigeria, anybody even a mad person can occupy any post and things will be going normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
CzarChris:
When will you people stop all these nonsense? She is first a Nigerian before anything else. Freaking get a grip.
No you're wrong!
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by frog12: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
the woman is pathetic in GAVI. a soft landing for her

Nyanabo:

Think it's best to give the jobs to a capable hands. The woman is good and the world's knows that. You can't hide a candle under a bushel. Kudos to her and the FRN.

I do get your point on the recycling products. Bbut that's not in this case. It's in the political sector. That's where we need to stop these recycled products that have nothing to offer.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by emmytams(m): 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
seunmsg:

I can also bet nobody will talk about nepotism on this thread. The fact that the president withdrew support from Yonov Agah, a Nigerian from the north central and now supports an Igbo lady should not go unnoticed. If it was the other way round, the fury of hell fire would be a child’s play to what they would bring down tonight. I wish her the best in the election.
If there was anybody more qualified from the north, you and I know that he would not have nominated her.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Goke7: 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Noel19:

You see the problem with you Nigerians from your part is too much hatred and bitterness towards a particular tribe.

Her appointment by the south African govt is also a favour towards her?

Her appointment on the board of directors of Twitter is also a favour right?

her appointments were all based on merit. She's an internationally acclaimed technocrat and thus Buhari has no other choice than recommending her appointment.

You guys should grow up from this una naija mentality of thinking this way if not you guys will continue to lag behind.
Buhari had a choice o, after all he withdrew someone else for her, no be so?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Noel19: 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Goke7:

Olusegun Aganga, another of your beloved GeJ ministers and many more

Okonjo-Iweala currently chairs the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI), a public-private global health partnership with the goal of increasing access to immunisation in poor countries.

She also sits on the board of Twitter and is a former managing director (operations) at the World Bank.

On March 7, President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa appointed her a member of the country’s economic advisory council.

A month later on April 10, Kristalina Georgieva, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), named Okonjo-Iweala a member of the fund’s external advisory group.

Okonjo-Iweala is one of the four special envoys appointed by the African Union (AU) on April 12 to mobilise international support for its efforts toward addressing the coronavirus pandemic.

In 2012, she contested to become World Bank president becoming the first female and first black candidate.

She was listed among one of the top 100 most powerful women in the world by Forbes four consecutive times from 2011 to 2014. She was also listed as one of the top 100 most influential people in the world by TIME magazine in 2014.

Guy check her qualifications and achievement above thus far. If I should ask you again, who in Nigeria can favourably compete with her internationally?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by tete7000(m): 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Oshiomole will not like this. This is the woman that shameless man tried desperately to discredit in 2015 on behalf of his apc party. The same woman is being nominated by the President from the same party.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
The Buhari I used to know may have returned to Aso Rock after all.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Zubbykan007:
what is Niger delta ?
Niger delta is a tribe! Lol
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
mvem:
Niger Delta is a tribe?...
Yes sir! Lol
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Kenn55: 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
seunmsg:

It doesn’t matter what you feel, I wish her the best in the election. Her victory is strategic to Nigeria’s trade and foreign policies so i support her fully. Some of us don’t hate others unnecessarily like you guys.

Whaaaaatttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!
What did you say?
Bros, you are and will remain one of the kings of tribalism on nairaland. You don't just have a choice than to show support. If it were left for you, you will never recommend her. You can swear to that grin. We all know tribalists on this forum and you are one. For example, your colleague, the dead meat seller no matter how stupid he is, has never been a tribalist like you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by seunmsg(m): 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
firo08:

Why are you like this?
Don't pass this hatred to your next generation

If you read my post and still see hatred, something must be wrong with you. In my part of the world, we don’t hate unnecessarily. Appreciating the president for dropping a northerner for an Igbo lady is not hatred.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by AhoadaRivers: 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
kettykings:
if this is true then the Igbos and PDP members in the south east should understand the man has turned a new leaf

Sense don dey come him head small small.

yorubas like seunmsg, grayoso, osaze007, anigbajumo go wan die for internal hate and lamentations. grin

Okonjo Iweala dey seriously pepper dem. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by IamTallest: 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
Those of u congratulating buhari shld kno dat he did not nominate her!!...he only endorsed her nomination.he had no choice becos okonjos credentials are world class.she had no rival.besides,it was not an Adamu or abdullahi dat was contesting against her from nigeria.so really nothing to benchmark his tribalistic blood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Noel19: 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
Goke7:

Buhari had a choice o, after all he withdrew someone else for her, no be so?

Guy as an Economist and researcher I don't think I should be arguing or debating on international economics with you.

You think WTO is NNPC or Nigerian Immigration where nepotism abounds?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by CzarChris(m): 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
No you're wrong!
May God give you understanding. These people at the top don't see tribalism or religious differences, just personal interest and growth. The sooner you see this, the easier it is for you play their game and improve yourself, if not you'll remain in one place turning around in circle, fighting for people who will easily exchange you for a piece of bread when push comes to shove. Believe me, I know them too well.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by seunmsg(m): 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Kenn55:

Whaaaaatttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!
What did you say?
Bros, you are and will remain one of the kings of tribalism on nairaland. You don't just have a choice than to show support. If it were left for you, you will never recommend her. You can swear to that grin. We all know tribalists on this forum and you are one. For example, your colleague, the dead meat seller no matter how stupid he is, has never been a tribalist like you.

The problem with people like you is that you can’t differentiate between partisanship and tribalism. Supporting President Buhari and APC is not tribalism. Not supporting Atiku and PDP is not tribalism. Atiku is Fulani and PDP is not a tribe.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Goke7: 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Noel19:

Okonjo-Iweala currently chairs the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI), a public-private global health partnership with the goal of increasing access to immunisation in poor countries.

She also sits on the board of Twitter and is a former managing director (operations) at the World Bank.

On March 7, President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa appointed her a member of the country’s economic advisory council.

A month later on April 10, Kristalina Georgieva, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), named Okonjo-Iweala a member of the fund’s external advisory group.

Okonjo-Iweala is one of the four special envoys appointed by the African Union (AU) on April 12 to mobilise international support for its efforts toward addressing the coronavirus pandemic.

In 2012, she contested to become World Bank president becoming the first female and first black candidate.

She was listed among one of the top 100 most powerful women in the world by Forbes four consecutive times from 2011 to 2014. She was also listed as one of the top 100 most influential people in the world by TIME magazine in 2014.

Guy check her qualifications and achievement above thus far. If I should ask you again, who in Nigeria can favourably compete with her internationally?

Do you know how many Nigerians have headed or are currently heading international organisations out there. You guys don't read, it's only NOI you know. A Nigerian currently head the international civil aviation organization and no one is making noise about that

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by ogbonti: 12:00am On Jun 05, 2020
olaboy33:
Who else has noticed, ever since the new chief of staff resumed duty, Buhari was been really impressive.

Signing the autonomy order, refunding states; even to wike, now this.

Pa Buhari performance is simply a reflection of those working under him.

By the way, how many positions will this woman hold??

Arguably, she might just be Nigeria's best human export.

not true - if this was Nigeria Trade Organization - he will appoint a Fulani dullard like himself to run and ruin it

Because this World Trade Organization he nominated an Igbo woman who he knows is capable

THEREFORE - all this nepotism by BUHARI means he knows what he is doing - he knows his AREWA appointees are incompetent but he foist

them on NIGERIA - if I were Ngozi, I will humbly decline and ask him to send any Abubakar or Yahaya there - so we can see how well they perform

nansense!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:01am On Jun 05, 2020
frog12:
the woman is pathetic in GAVI. a soft landing for her

I beg to disagree with you sir. Mrs Okonjo is a woman that puts her all into what ever capacity she serves. She more than deserves the nomination. Because she has worked for it. Her works speaks for her. No need to banter words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Governor Oyetola Joins Protest, Escapes Assassination Attempt / See The Animal Soldiers Killed In Sambisa Forest & What They Did With It(photos) / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.