Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post (60241 Views)

European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg / President Buhari Nominates Kingsley Obiorah As CBN Deputy Governor / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Noel19: 12:30am On Jun 05, 2020
AnanseK:

Stop all this chest beating. Everybody knows that the woman is overrated .

She performed woefully as the coordinating Minister for Jonathan and left the economy in a mess.

As minister of finance she watched as Desiani Madueke, Sambo Dasuki, Secundus , Mama Peace, Bello Haliru and a host of them drained the treasury.

From her performance, I wouldn’t recommend her for the position of Wuse Market women President let alone DG Of World Trade Organization.

With this your mentality you'll only get to the level of tying her shoe lace or opening the gate for her.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:30am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Your tribe is Niger delta joor! Lol grin

There is no tribe like Niger delta uncle.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:31am On Jun 05, 2020
Iweala has a better chance of winning the election than Frederick agah.
it'd be stupid on buhari part backing the wrong horse and someone with slim chance of winning.
thus.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by OChimex: 12:33am On Jun 05, 2020
jlinkd78:
Gambari appears more nationalistic than Abba Kyari

Nigeria is home of dumb people.

So they know her worth, but instead of appointing her to help rebuild the already bastardized Nigeria Economy they are offering her to help outsiders instead.

What fantastically stupid people running Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by edoairways: 12:33am On Jun 05, 2020
Raxxye:
Hmmm. I doubt if Buhari would want to nominate a former member of GEJ's cabinet. If it's true, then congratulations to her. But why should we continue to recycle same individuals for so many years?
Because she knows her onions
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:33am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Ngozi means thank God in Niger delta language grin grin tongue

Hmmmm.... U dont mean it... eheee....
Chai.... grin cheesy grin
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by edoairways: 12:36am On Jun 05, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Ogwashi ukwu Amaka grin cheesy
Anioma amaka grin grin
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by edoairways: 12:36am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Kudos to the president for this kind gesture. At least, Igbos can now let us rest on this forum. Those among them praying for the downfall of Adesina simply because he’s from the south west can now get preoccupied with praying for their Igbo daughter’s success.

I can also bet nobody will talk about nepotism on this thread. The fact that the president withdrew support from Yonov Agah, a Nigerian from the north central and now supports an Igbo lady should not go unnoticed. If it was the other way round, the fury of hell fire would be a child’s play to what they would bring down tonight. I wish her the best in the election.
But NOI isn't an igbo
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Devops: 12:37am On Jun 05, 2020
jlinkd78:
Gambari appears more nationalistic than Abba Kyari
you're smart asf
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by edoairways: 12:37am On Jun 05, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

Hmmmm.... U dont mean it... eheee....
Chai.... grin cheesy grin
That is not true. Ngozi means blessing grin grin
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by AhoadaRivers: 12:39am On Jun 05, 2020
Nyanabo:

I never knew you guys counted yourselves as Igbo sir.

We are Igbos through and through.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:39am On Jun 05, 2020
clancymiim:
He nominated her cause he knew the position won’t directly or indirectly affect he’s jurisdiction
LOL,
what are you saying?
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Grateful02(m): 12:39am On Jun 05, 2020
kinda sparking hate comment!! forget the tribalism, nepotism or wateva, but bringing
Yonov Agah and Ngozi iwela on a scale forgetting the above,nigga iwela got it and I so believe you know this as well. I don't wanna go into her recent appointments this coro period but bro you know she's good��

P. S: am no IGBO before you'll come and quote me

seunmsg:
Kudos to the president for this kind gesture. At least, Igbos can now let us rest on this forum. Those among them praying for the downfall of Adesina simply because he’s from the south west can now get preoccupied with praying for their Igbo daughter’s success.

I can also bet nobody will talk about nepotism on this thread. The fact that the president withdrew support from Yonov Agah, a Nigerian from the north central and now supports an Igbo lady should not go unnoticed. If it was the other way round, the fury of hell fire would be a child’s play to what they would bring down tonight. I wish her the best in the election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Grateful02(m): 12:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Lol.. bro chill 1st na., no forget you do ' international economics ' abi you wan reason am ' financial institution '��

Noel19:

Guy as an Economist and researcher I don't think I should be arguing or debating on international economics with you.

You think WTO is NNPC or Nigerian Immigration where nepotism abounds?
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Grateful02(m): 12:46am On Jun 05, 2020
which sch you dey abg?
Nyanabo:

I beg to disagree with you sir. Mrs Okonjo is a woman that puts her all into what ever capacity she serves. She more than deserves the nomination. Because she has worked for it. Her works speaks for her. No need to banter words.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Ilovebeer(m): 12:49am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Madam Ngozi is not an Igbo woman, but was married by an Igbo.
Her tribe is Niger delta.
PERIOD!
there no tribe call Niger Delta Anu Mpama.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Grateful02(m): 12:51am On Jun 05, 2020
You no for like dey your day? e get as you switch come e come get as e be.. lol

She studied Economics ..NESA pipo in the house I greet una

hardbody:

Abeg which course this hanty study? I no mind to start afresh. Only she one be all these everywhere? Chai...I wasn't well guided and counseled and we get Guidance and Counseling in the uni dah year ooo
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:51am On Jun 05, 2020
Grateful02:
which sch you dey abg?

Why asking?
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:51am On Jun 05, 2020
Gidiblaze444:
Congratulations to her.

Today is my birthday,wish me well guys.
Happy birthday, bro.May you always be happy goan destroy more calendars!!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Grateful02(m): 12:53am On Jun 05, 2020
Just asking,hope am safe.. So which?
Nyanabo:

Why asking?
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by frog12: 12:55am On Jun 05, 2020
can she even receive 100 percent nomination from everyone
there are other nigerians there. even other ibos!

Nyanabo:

I beg to disagree with you sir. Mrs Okonjo is a woman that puts her all into what ever capacity she serves. She more than deserves the nomination. Because she has worked for it. Her works speaks for her. No need to banter words.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:56am On Jun 05, 2020
Grateful02:
Just asking,hope am safe.. So which?

Of course your are safe. I attend Universite Protestante de l'Afrique de l'ouest. (Protestant university of west africa).
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:58am On Jun 05, 2020
frog12:
can she even receive 100 percent nomination from everyone
there are other nigerians there. even other ibos!

So far as she is human she can't. I'm not saying she is 100% or a thousand percent. All I'm saying is she is the best we've got that's suitable for the job at least for the time being.

Why is it that it's other people who values things that's under our nose ? We attach no value to them until other people starts appreciating them for their works. I remember Mr. Adesina when he wanted to run for the presidency I'd of the AFDB back in 2015 he didn't receive full support. But now see the exploits he is doing on the continent. Until recently his person wasn't questioned.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Akolawole(m): 12:59am On Jun 05, 2020
Raxxye:
Hmmm. I doubt if Buhari would want to nominate a former member of GEJ's cabinet. If it's true, then congratulations to her. But why should we continue to recycle same individuals for so many years?

He has a large heart.

Its also on record that he supported Akinwumi heavily few years ago.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Mayflowa(m): 1:00am On Jun 05, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
shocked shocked

Something is going on at Aso Rock.

Buhari was told by international leaders that the woman is needed to serve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 1:07am On Jun 05, 2020
Akolawole:

He has a large heart.

Its also on record that he supported Akinwumi heavily few years ago.

Who supported MR Akinwumi heavily GEJ or PMB?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Gerald454: 1:14am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Madam Ngozi is not an Igbo woman, but was married by an Igbo.
Her tribe is Niger delta.
PERIOD!

U are just a mumu. Ngozi is not Igbo? Well am from same village with her and we are all Igbos.
We are member of ohanaeze ndi Igbo and the former president, is from my village.
We are more of Igbo than that rubbish called Niger Delta. All the anioma, fought against Nigeria during Biafra war. So don't tell her her lineage. Oghwashi uku, ubulu uku, issele uku, ibusa which the real name is Igbo Ozor, agbor, kwale, Asaba, issele azakpa, obior, all the ika speaking villages, etc are all Igbo people...... Niger Delta is a political name not our identity.....chibuike ameachi is saying, no one should deny him his Igbo identify and u are in Lagos saying rubbish.......when the music that is about to play set, it will clear for Una eyes

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Yankee101: 1:16am On Jun 05, 2020
Way to go

Present the most sellable candidate
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Modikko(m): 1:18am On Jun 05, 2020
When he backed Akinwumi Adesina’s appointment as President African Development Bank for his first tenure, wasn’t he a former member of GEJ’s cabinet? Please be obective
Raxxye:
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Modikko(m): 1:19am On Jun 05, 2020
Indeed
Mayflowa:

Buhari was told by international leaders that the woman is needed to serve
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Modikko(m): 1:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Educate yourself Man. Government cannot appoint everyone no matter how good the person is. There are other people who are as good as Madam Ngozi but prefer to play on the International scene. Amina J Muhammad resigned as Minister for Environment to become UN DSG, if you now what that is
OChimex:

Nigeria is home of dumb people.

So they know her worth, but instead of appointing her to help rebuild the already bastardized Nigeria Economy they are offering her to help outsiders instead.

What fantastically stupid people running Nigeria...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

EndSARS: US Embassy Shuts Down Operations In Nigeria / Late Yar'adua Spent His Presidential Leave At Obudu Cattle Ranch In 2009 / Nnamdi Kanu: "Buhari Is Not In Nigeria, Man From Sudan Impersonating Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.