Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post (60230 Views)

European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg / President Buhari Nominates Kingsley Obiorah As CBN Deputy Governor / Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by AhoadaRivers: 12:01am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Kudos to the president for this kind gesture. At least, Igbos can now let us rest on this forum. Those among them praying for the downfall of Adesina simply because he’s from the south west can now get preoccupied with praying for their Igbo daughter’s success.

I can also bet nobody will talk about nepotism on this thread. The fact that the president withdrew support from Yonov Agah, a Nigerian from the north central and now supports an Igbo lady should not go unnoticed. If it was the other way round, the fury of hell fire would be a child’s play to what they would bring down tonight. I wish her the best in the election.

You spread hate against a people, from 2015, they match your wicked hate with even greater hate to drum sense into you.

Now you are sounding sober and 'nationalistic' like a drunken sailor who got lost in 1796 cannibal island of Fiji. grin

Una go get sense by force. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by zimaya: 12:02am On Jun 05, 2020
Abeg Ngozi go relax
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by IJOBA2: 12:02am On Jun 05, 2020
festacman:
Strategic economic diplomacy move by President Buhari but will narcissistic President Donald Trump of United States allow her to be elected? Let's wait and see.

People who are wondering what Trump got to do with should read this:

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/15/wto-chief-roberto-azevedo-to-depart-a-year-early.html&hl=en-NG
NARCISSISTIC PRESIDENT TRUMP ABI WE THE YORUBAS??
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:02am On Jun 05, 2020
If this is true, that means Abba Kyari really destroyed this kontiri.

After Abba Kyari death, it seems BUHARI has woke up from the slumber
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by donb06: 12:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Sammy07:

Amara

The way both of you are going u and nwanyiogwashi..... I see something happening oh... This hate don dey turn to love small small grin grin..

Please invite NAIRALANDERS OOOHH grin grin
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Goke7: 12:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Noel19:

Guy as an Economist and researcher I don't think I should be arguing or debating on international economics with you.

You think WTO is NNPC or Nigerian Immigration where nepotism abounds?

Olusegun Aganga once chaired the WTO ministerial council so kini big deal? We no go hear word again because na NOI abi mr researcher

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by 13october: 12:03am On Jun 05, 2020
Raxxye:
Hmmm. I doubt if Buhari would want to nominate a former member of GEJ's cabinet. If it's true, then congratulations to her. But why should we continue to recycle same individuals for so many years?
Why didn't you doubt Adesina he nominated 2015

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by AhoadaRivers: 12:04am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Kudos to the president for this kind gesture. At least, Igbos can now let us rest on this forum. Those among them praying for the downfall of Adesina simply because he’s from the south west can now get preoccupied with praying for their Igbo daughter’s success.

I can also bet nobody will talk about nepotism on this thread. The fact that the president withdrew support from Yonov Agah, a Nigerian from the north central and now supports an Igbo lady should not go unnoticed. If it was the other way round, the fury of hell fire would be a child’s play to what they would bring down tonight. I wish her the best in the election.

You spread hate against a people, from 2015, they match your wicked hate with even greater hate to drum sense into you.

Now you are sounding sober and 'nationalistic' like a medieval drunken sailor who lost his compass and got lost in 1796 cannibal island of Fiji. grin

Una go get sense by force. No be this country we dey so? grin
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:05am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
Madam Ngozi is not an Igbo woman, but was married by an Igbo.
Her tribe is Niger delta.
PERIOD!

O boy, you too much cheesy
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by AhoadaRivers: 12:05am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:

You spread hate against a people from 2015, they then match your wicked hate with even greater hate to drum sense into you now you are crying like a sissy. If Ibos have allowed you afonja vultures to devour her and reputation, would she have continued to blossom on the international stage as she doing till today against your evil wish?
Is she no longer 'corrupt' as you declared her in 2015?

Now you are sounding sober and 'nationalistic' like a medieval drunken sailor who lost his compass and found himself in 1796 cannibal island of Fiji. grin

Una go get sense by force. No be this country we dey so? grin

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Aiyk2333: 12:05am On Jun 05, 2020
Noel19:

Okonjo-Iweala currently chairs the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI), a public-private global health partnership with the goal of increasing access to immunisation in poor countries.

She also sits on the board of Twitter and is a former managing director (operations) at the World Bank.

On March 7, President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa appointed her a member of the country’s economic advisory council.

A month later on April 10, Kristalina Georgieva, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), named Okonjo-Iweala a member of the fund’s external advisory group.

Okonjo-Iweala is one of the four special envoys appointed by the African Union (AU) on April 12 to mobilise international support for its efforts toward addressing the coronavirus pandemic.

In 2012, she contested to become World Bank president becoming the first female and first black candidate.

She was listed among one of the top 100 most powerful women in the world by Forbes four consecutive times from 2011 to 2014. She was also listed as one of the top 100 most influential people in the world by TIME magazine in 2014.

Guy check her qualifications and achievement above thus far. If I should ask you again, who in Nigeria can favourably compete with her internationally?
you guys argue this stuff with this dullards thereby making them think they're making a point. Who in this country is more qualified than her internationally? is it not for Buhari's good that he appointed her? won't he benefit international economic advantages having her there? she's the best shot at a Nigerian winning it. They think he did the igbos a favor. dumbos. They think this one is a political appointment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by costandi(m): 12:06am On Jun 05, 2020
nwakgr8:
Money wey you chop never do you abi?
work hard bro. Make another person success no dey pain you

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:06am On Jun 05, 2020
And you are a bigot yourself. You criticize someone of doing something but you too practice such. How ironic.
This is one of the many reasons Nigeria is not united because bigotry and nepotism runs deep across all sectors of the nation's. Everyone os fighting for his pocket. Nothing else matters. How can such country grow? Indeed we are the Sleeping Giant of Africa.

ogbonti:

not true - if this was Nigeria Trade Organization - he will appoint a Fulani dullard like himself to run and ruin it

Because this World Trade Organization he nominated an Igbo woman who he knows is capable

THEREFORE - all this nepotism by BUHARI means he knows what he is doing - he knows his AREWA appointees are incompetent but he foist

them on NIGERIA - if I were Ngozi, I will humbly decline and ask him to send any Abubakar or Yahaya there - so we can see how well they perform

nansense!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by AhoadaRivers: 12:08am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
PERIOD!

There is no tribe called Niger delta mr yoruba man.

She is a proud Igbo woman of the Anioma stock while I am a proud Igbo man of the Ekpeye stock in Rivers state.

Facts are facts!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:11am On Jun 05, 2020
Mrs Okonjo is from Delta state. I think delta Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by SoNature(m): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
PERIOD!
grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

She is a proud Igbo woman of the Anioma stock while I am a proud Igbo man of the Ekpeye stock in Rivers state.

Facts are facts!

I never knew you guys counted yourselves as Igbo sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Danniedpastor(m): 12:13am On Jun 05, 2020
Sammy07:

Ayo femi ko, irewole ni..

I for say make you marry Ondo guy.
But, we don't marry from ogwashi, we don't wanna have the mentality of selling our babies.
Abeq.

Keep Quiet
Such thing never occur in Ogwashi-uku.
I've lived here for 11 years
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by AnanseK(m): 12:15am On Jun 05, 2020
kettykings:
if this is true then the Igbos and PDP members in the south east should understand the man has turned a new leaf

He never had to turn a new leaf. Some of the first things he did as President was to approve and pay pensions for Biafran soldiers and to approve and award the contract for and start work on the Second Niger Bridge and to complete and commission the Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum. Despite their 5% and their genetic hatred for anything North or West Buhari loves the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Kenn55: 12:17am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:

The problem with people like you is that you can’t differentiate between partisanship and tribalism. Supporting President Buhari and APC is not tribalism. Not supporting Atiku and PDP is not tribalism. Atiku is Fulani and PDP is not a tribe.

There are a lot of anti buhari guys that are also tribalist. Clever tribalists try to hide under the guise of partisanship to export their deep rooted hatred for some people. For example, people who hate buhari but use the opportunity to export their hatred for the south west are tribalists. So i know exactly what i am talking about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Oscanp(m): 12:19am On Jun 05, 2020
Even if Mr president or gambari like let them appoint all the whole Biafra,
what we know is that dat impostor in Asorock and all the cabals who where involved in that man in asorock will surly pay dearly for their sin when the time comes

Biafrans most go they don’t have a place in this zoo Called Nigeria
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:19am On Jun 05, 2020
AnanseK:

He never had to turn a new leaf. Some of the first things he did as President was to approve and pay pensions for Biafran soldiers and to approve and award the contract for and start work on the Second Niger Bridge and to complete and commission the Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum. Despite their 5% and their genetic hatred for anything North or West Buhari loves the Igbos.

My friend will you keep quiet. Where have you been since 2015? Under a rock or in the bush? Love the Igbo kee you dia.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Noel19: 12:20am On Jun 05, 2020
Aiyk2333:

you guys argue this stuff with this dullards thereby making them think they're making a point. Who in this country is more qualified than her internationally? is it not for Buhari's good that he appointed her? won't he benefit international economic advantages having her there? she's the best shot at a Nigerian winning it. They think he did the igbos a favor. dumbos. They think this one is a political appointment

My brother I tire o! Tell them jare
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by AnanseK(m): 12:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Aiyk2333:

Stop all this chest beating. Everybody knows that the woman is overrated .

She performed woefully as the coordinating Minister for Jonathan and left the economy in a mess.

As minister of finance she watched as Desiani Madueke, Sambo Dasuki, Secundus , Mama Peace, Bello Haliru and a host of them drained the treasury.

From her performance, I wouldn’t recommend her for the position of Wuse Market women President let alone DG Of World Trade Organization.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by nextdoor84(m): 12:24am On Jun 05, 2020
seunmsg:

You no get sense walahi! So it's a kind gesture to be nominated to represent your own country again? Fools plenty for nairaland I swear!! Mumuric ni e ooo!!!
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:24am On Jun 05, 2020
Which other person in Nigeria can compare resumé with Mrs Okonjo ? Is it your Kemi adeosun that doesn't know counting numbers? She merits the position simple.

If it were to be someone from that North that merits it all fine and good it's good for the country.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by seunmsg(m): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2020
Kenn55:

There are a lot of anti buhari guys that are also tribalist. Clever tribalists try to hide under the guise of partisanship to export their deep rooted hatred for some people. For example, people who hate buhari but use the opportunity to export their hatred for the south west are tribalists. So i know exactly what i am talking about.

You may know what you’re talking about as regards others but in my case, you don’t know. I support APC and that’s it.

Anytime there is a need to banter with people of other ethnic groups, I do it openly without hiding. If supporting Buhari and APC amounts to tribalism to you, so be it. But to real people , it’s partisanship.
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2020
FortuneDeGreat:
PERIOD!

Ngozi is what nah.... Some people.... tribalism will take you were u dont belong...!!
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

Facts are facts!
Your tribe is Niger delta joor! Lol grin
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:28am On Jun 05, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

Ngozi is what nah.... Some people.... tribalism will take you were u dont belong...!!
Ngozi means thank God in Niger delta language grin grin tongue
Re: President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post by Nyanabo(m): 12:29am On Jun 05, 2020
AnanseK:

Stop all this chest beating. Everybody knows that she is overrated . She performed woefully as the coordinating Minister for Jonathan and left the economy in a mess. As minister of finance she watched as Desiani Madueke, Sambo Dasuki, Secundus , Mama Peace, Secundus and a host of them drained the treasury.

From her performance, I wouldn’t recommend her for the position of Wuse Market women President let alone DG Of World Trade Organization.

My friend if you are no economists keep quiet. Do you know Nigeria was supposed to be in recession even before the 2016 recession (that's in Goodluck' administration) even the IMF and world Bank predicted it twice that year. Nigeria was rating was also downgraded to negative. But this lady in her knowledge as the CME and the finance minister was able to avert this recession in 2014 and 2015. But when it was given to your beloved Buhari and his cabinet how far?
We don't know what we have that's the problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Governor Oyetola Joins Protest, Escapes Assassination Attempt / See The Animal Soldiers Killed In Sambisa Forest & What They Did With It(photos) / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.