Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

My Near Rape Experiences - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Near Rape Experiences (786 Views)

My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 / Male Nairalanders Share Their Rape Experiences / Nigerian Men Share Their Rape Experiences As Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Near Rape Experiences by BosyBabe(f): 12:09am On Jun 05, 2020
Good day, after going through a lot of back and forth within myself I finally decided to put my story out there. This is not in a bid to garner sympathy but in the hope that my story could help someone get out of a similar situation.

Growing up as a young lady in Nigeria is quite difficult especially one who receives a lot of male attention. I experienced a lot of abuse while growing up. I was beaten, fingered, molested and harassed as early as age 4. At a point I tried to speak up but I wasnt believed so I became accustomed to it and didnt bother to mention it again.

My first near-rape experience occurred at age 16. The perpetrator was a coursemate who happened to like me and had been asking me out for a couple of months. Despite my continually rejecting him, he was persistent. At a point he started stalking me, then calling me with strange numbers and calling at odd hours like 1 or 2am. I just overlooked it all and felt he would get tired at some point.

The day that the incident occurred I was going to school at around 5pm to study for a test. On my way, I noticed the guy following me. He than came up to me and asked for me to hear him out but i refused. We kept arguing for about 3 hours on the road, I kept trying to get away but he wouldn't let me, I even tried to get the attention of a few passersby but no one bothered to help (they probably thought it was a lovers quarrel). At a point I began crying and begging him to let me go but he refused.

A friend of his saw us and came up to us and asked me to just hear the guy out. I finally agreed because I was so exhausted and drained. They both suggested that I and the guy go and talk in his friends room which was just across the road. I agreed and we went in, I sat on the bed and listened. This guy proceeded to kneel and beg me to date him, I agreed just so he would let me be.

The next thing I knew was that he had jumped on me and started groping me. I struggled, cried and pleaded with him but he didnt stop. He went on to rip my trousers open and pull off my panties. I struggled furiously and even tried to screamed but that earned me some dirty slaps. I felt defeated. All I could think of was how much I hated the helplessness I felt which was so similar to what I felt as a child.

Suddenly, a thought popped into my head about a rape survival story I had seen a while back, I decided to try it out. I stopped struggling and just acted calm, I guess he took that as good sign and stopped hitting me. He held my two hands with his one hand and used the other to pull down his trouser. He then began to rub himself on me, I prayed and made a split second decision. I pulled my knee up and hit him in the balls as hard as I could before he could recover I pushed him off, jumped up and began to scream as loud as I could, I carried a standing fan which was close by and smashed every single thing I could in the room. People came rushing in and that's how I was saved. It was so crazy that a guy had to help me with something to cover up because I didn't even realize that I was naked from the waist down.

A few years later, I had my second near-rape encounter. One night while going to the hostel after seeing a friend, I was accosted by a security personnel. He claimed that I was out too late and he would have to take me to the security office, I was surprised because that was around 9pm and there were still other people around so I argued with him, a colleague of his intervened and insisted that I follow them to the security office.

I agreed to go but I kept my distance from them. While walking, the security officer suddenly pushed me into a dark corner, pressed himself against me and began to tell me all the things he was going to do to me for arguing with him. I began to struggle and cry, I couldn't believe this was happening again. He tore my gown open and then my panties. When I tried to cover myself, he slammed my head and hands against the wall with such force that my wristwatch broke.

Once again faced with a situation I felt helpless to do anything about, I calmed myself down and said a silent prayer. I then began to pet him. I told him I wanted this too but it was all to sudden, he didnt listen to me at first but went on to pull down his trousers he then tried to penetrate me but i kept begging him that we should please hold off a bit

Eventually, he listened and said I was right because he doesnt trust uni girls so it would be best for him to use a condom considering that hes a family man. He held me and kept running his hands all over my body and told me that he wants me so much and I should promise that I would come see him the next day when he calls me. He even threatened to harm me if I didn't do as I promised. I did as he asked, gave him my number, promised to be back and ran as fast as my legs could take me.

The next day, with the support of friends I went to the school authorities, reported and he was subsequently sacked.

Despite years of abuse, these two events helped me see that I didnt have to always be a victim but that I can also be a victor. I was not as helpless as I thought.

The major point I would like to point out from my story is that aggression is not always the best option, often at times we can fight these rapists by being calm and rational. I went on to watch rape survival stories and realized that so many rape survivors avoid being raped, killed or further harmed by trying to reason with their attackers.

Also, allowing an attacker feel that he is in control can give one the opportunity to take him unawares and take back control. Being angry, fighting back, insulting him or threatening to expose him when the opportunity comes can just lead to more violence or him even going as far as trying to shut you up permanently.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near Rape Experiences by LedRock: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2020
BosyBabe:
Good day, after going through a lot of back and forth within myself I finally decided to put my story out there. This is not in a bid to garner sympathy but in the hope that my story could help someone get out of a similar situation.

Growing up as a young lady in Nigeria is quite difficult especially one who receives a lot of male attention. I experienced a lot of abuse while growing up. I was beaten, fingered, molested and harassed as early as age 4. At a point I tried to speak up but I wasnt believed so I became accustomed to it and didnt bother to mention it again.

My first near-rape experience occurred at age 16. The perpetrator was a coursemate who happened to like me and had been asking me out for a couple of months. Despite my continually rejecting him, he was persistent. At a point he started stalking me, then calling me with strange numbers and calling at odd hours like 1 or 2am. I just overlooked it all and felt he would get tired at some point.

The day that the incident occurred I was going to school at around 5pm to study for a test. On my way, I noticed the guy following me. He than came up to me and asked for me to hear him out but i refused. We kept arguing for about 3 hours on the road, I kept trying to get away but he wouldn't let me, I even tried to get the attention of a few passersby but no one bothered to help (they probably thought it was a lovers quarrel). At a point I began crying and begging him to let me go but he refused.

A friend of his saw us and came up to us and asked me to just hear the guy out. I finally agreed because I was so exhausted and drained. They both suggested that I and the guy go and talk in his friends room which was just across the road. I agreed and we went in, I sat on the bed and listened. This guy proceeded to kneel and beg me to date him, I agreed just so he would let me be.

The next thing I knew was that he had jumped on me and started groping me. I struggled, cried and pleaded with him but he didnt stop. He went on to rip my trousers open and pull off my panties. I struggled furiously and even tried to screamed but that earned me some dirty slaps. I felt defeated. All I could think of was how much I hated the helplessness I felt which was so similar to what I felt as a child.

Suddenly, a thought popped into my head about a rape survival story I had seen a while back, I decided to try it out. I stopped struggling and just acted calm, I guess he took that as good sign and stopped hitting me. He held my two hands with his one hand and used the other to pull down his trouser. He then began to rub himself on me, I prayed and made a split second decision. I pulled my knee up and hit him in the balls as hard as I could before he could recover I pushed him off, jumped up and began to scream as loud as I could, I carried a standing fan which was close by and smashed every single thing I could in the room. People came rushing in and that's how I was saved. It was so crazy that a guy had to help me with something to cover up because I didn't even realize that I was naked from the waist down.

A few years later, I had my second near-rape encounter. One night while going to the hostel after seeing a friend, I was accosted by a security personnel. He claimed that I was out too late and he would have to take me to the security office, I was surprised because that was around 9pm and there were still other people around so I argued with him, a colleague of his intervened and insisted that I follow them to the security office.

I agreed to go but I kept my distance from them. While walking, the security officer suddenly pushed me into a dark corner, pressed himself against me and began to tell me all the things he was going to do to me for arguing with him. I began to struggle and cry, I couldn't believe this was happening again. He tore my gown open and then my panties. When I tried to cover myself, he slammed my head and hands against the wall with such force that my wristwatch broke.

Once again faced with a situation I felt helpless to do anything about, I calmed myself down and said a silent prayer. I then began to pet him. I told him I wanted this too but it was all to sudden, he didnt listen to me at first but went on to pull down his trousers he then tried to penetrate me but i kept begging him that we should please hold off a bit

Eventually, he listened and said I was right because he doesnt trust uni girls so it would be best for him to use a condom considering that hes a family man. He held me and kept running his hands all over my body and told me that he wants me so much and I should promise that I would come see him the next day when he calls me. He even threatened to harm me if I didn't do as I promised. I did as he asked, gave him my number, promised to be back and ran as fast as my legs could take me.

The next day, with the support of friends I went to the school authorities, reported and he was subsequently sacked.

Despite years of abuse, these two events helped me see that I didnt have to always be a victim but that I can also be a victor. I was not as helpless as I thought.

The major point I would like to point out from my story is that aggression is not always the best option, often at times we can fight these rapists by being calm and rational. I went on to watch rape survival stories and realized that so many rape survivors avoid being raped, killed or further harmed by trying to reason with their attackers.

Also, allowing an attacker feel that he is in control can give one the opportunity to take him unawares and take back control. Being angry, fighting back, insulting him or threatening to expose him when the opportunity comes can just lead to more violence or him even going as far as trying to shut you up permanently.
Sorry about your rape experience, I hope the experience has not made you to hate all men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Near Rape Experiences by BosyBabe(f): 12:27am On Jun 05, 2020
LedRock:
Sorry about your rape experience, I hope the experience has not made you to hate all men.
Not at all. It actually made feel me less helpless and less like a victim. I dont have to take whatever is done to me, there is always a way to fight back.

1 Like

Re: My Near Rape Experiences by LedRock: 12:29am On Jun 05, 2020
BosyBabe:

Not at all. It actually made feel me less helpless and less like a victim. I dont have to take whatever is done to me, there is always a way to fight back.
Ok, good.
You opened a new account to tell the story smiley smiley
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 05, 2020
LedRock:
nice question
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by LedRock: 12:34am On Jun 05, 2020
verygbguy:
nice question
I had to ask ooo.
Many have called all men rapist because of some bad experience and when you try to correct them they tag you a rapist.

2 Likes

Re: My Near Rape Experiences by ojun50(m): 12:37am On Jun 05, 2020
Sorry dear
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by BosyBabe(f): 12:41am On Jun 05, 2020
LedRock:
Ok, good.
You opened a new account to tell the story smiley smiley
Yes I did. Dont want it being traced back to me
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by BosyBabe(f): 12:41am On Jun 05, 2020
ojun50:
Sorry dear
Thank you
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Earn up to 2k daily Link in my signature
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by LedRock: 12:43am On Jun 05, 2020
BosyBabe:

Yes I did. Dont want it being traced back to me
Ok kiss kiss
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 05, 2020
LedRock:
I had to ask ooo.
Many have called all men rapist because of some bad experience and when you try to correct them they tag you a rapist.
I was nearly a victim
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by zexy2030(m): 6:53am On Jun 05, 2020
thank God it wasn't gang rape like what happened to uwa and there was a familiar face or almost all are familiar, maybe the security guard is a suspect.
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by skyhighweb(m): 8:38am On Jun 05, 2020
na wow, God keep guarding u
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by BosyBabe(f): 8:41am On Jun 05, 2020
zexy2030:
thank God it wasn't gang rape like what happened to uwa and there was a familiar face or almost all are familiar, maybe the security guard is a suspect.
Studies have shown that in up to 88% of rape perpetrators are known by the victims
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by zexy2030(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2020
BosyBabe:

Studies have shown that in up to 88% of rape perpetrators are known by the victims
it's common sense for judges and lawyers to know that most girls die during rape not because they struggled but because you know who did the act. To be honest if u had allowed the rapist finish in you, the beast in him may suggest ur murder for a cover up. There was a sorry case of a married woman who got raped in Ogun state. The perpetrator her oldtime neighbour assured her a job unknown to her he his now a ritualist, so he enquired if she could come to a particular location, she went there to realize they were two on getting to a point, they showed her weapon, so she could threatened to release her body for sex, she voluntarily without struggle had sex with both men in that bush. After that one of them(the old neighbour said, if the husband hears this, he will be killed, he beheaded the woman and as he was going to sell, that was where he was caught.
So u see u were just lucky to delivered from evil n temptations.
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by BosyBabe(f): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2020
zexy2030:

it's common sense for judges and lawyers to know that most girls die during rape not because they struggled but because you know who did the act. To be honest if u had allowed the rapist finish in you, the beast in him may suggest ur murder for a cover up. There was a sorry case of a married woman who got raped in Ogun state. The perpetrator her oldtime neighbour assured her a job unknown to her he his now a ritualist, so he enquired if she could come to a particular location, she went there to realize they were two on getting to a point, they showed her weapon, so she could threatened to release her body for sex, she voluntarily without struggle had sex with both men in that bush. After that one of them(the old neighbour said, if the husband hears this, he will be killed, he beheaded the woman and as he was going to sell, that was where he was caught.
The murder in this case seems to have been motivated by their wanting to use her for rituals rather than just her telling on them. Also, when in groups of two or more, people are more likely to harm their victims.
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by bskyb(m): 10:51am On Jun 05, 2020
BosyBabe:

I salute your courage for dropping this post. In a world where some people feel entitled to the bodies of others and believe they should help themselves to it any time they feel an urge to do so, ot is definitely tough to post such experiences.
For those who will write responses telling you that it was somehow your fault, that you shouldn't have walked around alone at night, that you somehow provoked the attack or that you walked seductively; for this set of people, I hope they do not get raped (male or female) and they get told same things. Imagine a guy being told he got raped because he wore a pair of tight trousers or that he had a feminine bum etc.
Well done, once again

1 Like

Re: My Near Rape Experiences by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
zexy2030:

There was a sorry case of a married woman who got raped in Ogun state. The perpetrator her oldtime neighbour assured her a job unknown to her he his now a ritualist, so he enquired if she could come to a particular location, she went there to realize they were two on getting to a point, they showed her weapon, so she could threatened to release her body for sex, she voluntarily without struggle had sex with both men in that bush. After that one of them(the old neighbour said, if the husband hears this, he will be killed, he beheaded the woman and as he was going to sell, that was where he was caught.
this happened for real?
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by zexy2030(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
BosyBabe:

The murder in this case seems to have been motivated by their wanting to use her for rituals rather than just her telling on them. Also, when in groups of two or more, people are more likely to harm their victims.
so u were so lucky to escape attempted rape by one man.
Re: My Near Rape Experiences by zexy2030(m): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
this happened for real?
yea, I followed up the news but I don't know the whereabout of those Ogun state ritualist, like one of their client has bailed him.

(1) (Reply)

Angry Protesters Set Mexico Policeman On Fire (video) / Remember Obi Okeke,the Igbo Fraudster Who Was Caught By The FBI For 3.9b fraud / Police Arrests Nigerian Man Who Asked God To Destroy Buhari Into Pieces. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.