Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed (73281 Views)

Endsars: Bodies Of Those Killed In Igandu, Lagos This Morning (graphic Video) / Fatai Yusuf (Oko Oloyun) Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen / Man Who Was On His Way To Lock A Church Among Those Killed In Kaduna Crisis(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by DJanitor: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2020
Fff
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by alsudaes1(m): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Fuckin’ retards, take whatever you want and leave the civilians alone.
As in ehn, so sad sad
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Honeydenz(f): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
Some fools were saying they were taken unaware, I started wondering if the arm robbers should have announced on the radio that they will attack the police station.
This is what u get wen police are only trained to attack okada men, or shot and kill unarmed civilians.
RIP is all I have to say.
Lol
Even if the robbers were to announce their coming, you would still be surprised at the Police performance.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Ezmans: 11:56am On Jun 06, 2020
juman:

Right now there is practical no way to stop attack on police stations by the thieves.
Because the thieves may not attack in next two years.

This kind of incident can only be stopped by intelligence gathering.
The peperatous I'll be brought to book, insha allah

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:56am On Jun 06, 2020
I don't know why common CCTV can't be installed in police station. They will now be relying on bank cctv and will be angry at banks that don't have cctv. Another angry part is that you will see armed policemen roaming upandown the station as if the robbers told them they are coming back
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by ironben(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
We are gonna see it's one cursed tribe from the land of the rising crime who are behind this as usual.

With you already LOOKING like a bonafide idi0t in your profile picture, I'm not surprised at your idiotic comment.
#Borrowsense undecided

Meanwhile I really hope our law enforcement will step up their game and apprehend these daredevil criminals before they strike again. angry

My heart goes out to the families of the victims. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2020
FarahAideed:

The armed robbers will be armed with AK47s and our Police use the AK 47 so I don't think it's a case of superior fire power but one of suprise and lack of training ...our Police need to start having drills for situations like this so they know what to do when their station is attacked ..Because without training if someone suprises you with a staccato of gunshots the first instinct is to flee

Thanks for your humble submission Bro. You see, our banks sorry police station are more of a micro_ finance bank but in Thier case you can only deposit but not withdraw. They have totally forgotten what policing should look like Nd only interested in how much they can dispose off every visitor. undecided undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by ClitRaider: 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
cassidy1996:
Nigerian police are not well trained, imagine dem nor even dey at alert
I've seen police shouting 'thief thief" after a guy elbowed a woman police and escaped from their canter.
in Area G police station, Ogba Lagos.
The DPO later locked em asses up.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by frog12: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
the leaders appear to be asleep in the country. until they make death penalty strict for these people.

Do you know the oyinbos that tell you not to have death penalty , do not have these serious armed robbery problem they used to and they even used to have death penalty for serious crimes.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by dejavuh0007(m): 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
This is the reason most of dem join forces: to pose for photo ops in their uniform and harass innocent civilians. They're not joining to serve and protect, heck, they couldn't even protect themselves. Good riddance.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by FlordFlorez(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nigerian policemen are always not alert. It happened in Owo, Ondo state, and Offa, Kwara. Now Kogi state. The police institution needs structuring. Half of them are pot bell fools.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by wink2015(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Penaldo:
DPO, 21-Year-Old Female Recruit Among Kogi Robbery Casualties

Yesterday, 5th June 2020 was a black Thursday in Isanlu, the Headquarter of Yagba East local government area of Kogi state as Masked Armed Robbers numbering about 8 in total invaded the community to rob the First Bank in the town.

The robbers first went to the police station in Isanlu where they shot and Killed the Divisional Police officer (DPO) and seven other police officers on duty at the station. They also shot two inmates who were in the cell at the station and another civilian making it a total of 11 people killed in the robbery attack.  

Pictures taken me

Among the officers killed was PC Aminat Yusuf who is just 21 years of age and just passed out from Police training school about a month ago.

May God in his infinite mercies console families of the eleven victims. Others killed were Officer Charity, Oluwaseyi Ojo, Officer Friday and Orobo. Kombu Margret of Kwande LGA was shot leg but she survived it.

The attack began around 4:30pm yesterday evening and lasted for over one hour. The robbers were able to escape because most of the police and Soldiers had been deployed to nearby Kabba were the state governor had ordered a total lockdown. 

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR THE SECURITY BREACH THAT LED TO THE KILLING OF THIS POLICE OFFICERS.

They put unnecessary pressure on the Kogi state government making their governor to impose CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN in the process deploying more of the policemen on field operations.

With the shortage of security men the armed robbers capitalise on it to unleash mayhelm on the police station.

THE ROBBERY OPERATIONS is similar to the OFFA ROBBERY ATTACK that took place in 2019 in Kwara state where armed robber led by a dismissed police officer and some political thugs of Senator Bukola Saraki attacked Banks in Offa town killing over 30 persons including pregnant woman.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by IamOrei(m): 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
juman:
So sad.
Tragic that we have this kind of destroyed country.

Several millions of youth are without job.
People are desperate.

Haven’t you ever heard of robbery in the USA or Europe?
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by netmillionaires(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Caseless:
we need to restructure the police for effective policing. They can't even protect themselves. The armed robbers had superior firepower, it's obvious. But how can everyone be killed without them killing one of the robbers? No resistance? At 4pm and not in the night, but they were taken unaware.
RIP!

I discussed something about police stations in Nigeria with a friend after the Offa robbery incidence. Police stations should be made impenetrable to an extent that it will require bombs to successfully rob them.

Police stations need be big, taking up at least 8 plots of land. There should be impenetrable armoury that will be locked 24/7 except during change of guard. This armoury will lead to the roof of the station building. When armed robbers entered a police station to rob, those in the armoury can quickly move to secure the perimeter.

No one will be able to escape after the robbery.

So much to type right now but I have an unexpected guest.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Caseless: 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
FarahAideed:

The armed robbers will be armed with AK47s and our Police use the AK 47 so I don't think it's a case of superior fire power but one of suprise and lack of training ...our Police need to start having drills for situations like this so they know what to do when their station is attacked ..Because without training if someone suprises you with a staccato of gunshots the first instinct is to flee
maybe the police had a jamming AK47. They're not well-trained for the current security challenges.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by eodavids(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
Penaldo:
DPO, 21-Year-Old Female Recruit Among Kogi Robbery Casualties

Yesterday, 5th June 2020 was a black Thursday in Isanlu, the Headquarter of Yagba East local government area of Kogi state as Masked Armed Robbers numbering about 8 in total invaded the community to rob the First Bank in the town.

The robbers first went to the police station in Isanlu where they shot and Killed the Divisional Police officer (DPO) and seven other police officers on duty at the station. They also shot two inmates who were in the cell at the station and another civilian making it a total of 11 people killed in the robbery attack.  

Pictures taken me

Among the officers killed was PC Aminat Yusuf who is just 21 years of age and just passed out from Police training school about a month ago.

May God in his infinite mercies console families of the eleven victims. Others killed were Officer Charity, Oluwaseyi Ojo, Officer Friday and Orobo. Kombu Margret of Kwande LGA was shot leg but she survived it.

The attack began around 4:30pm yesterday evening and lasted for over one hour. The robbers were able to escape because most of the police and Soldiers had been deployed to nearby Kabba were the state governor had ordered a total lockdown. 

The Nigerian police needs help.

I.mean, they are humans and as such fathers, mothers, aunts, brothers, sisters all from families of human beings.

There should be harmonization and synergy between the police and the people. Where such exists, the police will not be vulnerable to attacks and bullets of the wicked as it is in this case. None of the officers and men in the police station attacked escaped?

That's horrible. But I don't know if the police will admit the need to have synergy with the people truly exists.

When incidents of this kind happens, you will see clearly that our NPF needs help from the people.

Let's ensure we have a better society please. That's my dream
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Xbee007(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
redsun:
The robbers are most likely rogue fulani herdsmen or an arm of bokoharam, given their senseless ruthlessness..
That was what we originally thought happened in Offa. I won't be surprised if it turned out to be the same people who perpetrated the Offa attack. Nigerian prison system is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
ironben:

With you already LOOKING like a bonafide idi0t in your profile picture, I'm not surprised at your idiotic comment.
#Borrowsense undecided

Meanwhile I really hope our law enforcement will step up their game and apprehend these daredevil criminals before they strike again. angry

My heart goes out to the families of the victims. embarassed
Ejike you're already a suspect
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by chatinent: 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
Inasmuch as I don't justify the robbery, it is a lesson to the Nigerian police. I'm not a hypocrite.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by eodavids(m): 12:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
netmillionaires:

I discussed something about police stations in Nigeria with a friend after the Offa robbery incidence. Police stations should be made impenetrable to an extent that it will require bombs to successfully rob them.

Police stations need be big, taking up at least 8 plots of land. There should be impenetrable armoury that will be locked 24/7 except during change of guard. This armoury will lead to the roof of the station building. When armed robbers entered a police station to rob, those in the armoury can quickly move to secure the perimeter.

To add to your post, police stations in Nigerian should be all encircled with fenced walls that have CCTV cameras transmitting both to the office and the police Headquarters.

Secondary, all police stations in Nigeria should have a Technology that sends alarm to the force headquarters once there is a gunshot in the station.

I still repeat myself: the NPF needs help from the people. We must make the police better because it leads to a better Nigeria.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by ruggedtimi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
The robbers should have seized the police station for a period during the robbery without killing anyone. Well I understand no witness alive. So sad.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Charly68: 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Let's pray for our police ,they need spiritual cleansing because of many havoc they cause in our larger society ..what has happened to the men that killed policemen in Offa over a year ago ? Any justice yet ? Why are they not feeding the public with the progress on the case ? Didn't they have Public relations department to brief us..? The men in uniform knows more we know about the insecurity in the land. They are part of our problems ,what they forget is that the criminals they collected bribe from will at another time return to kill them . We sympathise with the families of the bereaved and pray to God to expose and judge the killers in Jesus name
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by ruggedtimi(m): 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
eodavids:

To add to your post, police stations in Nigerian should be all encircled with fenced walls that have CCTV cameras transmitting both to the office and the police Headquarters.

Secondary, all police stations in Nigeria should have a Technology that sends alarm to the force headquarters once there is a gunshot in the station.

I still repeat myself: the NPF needs help from the people. We must make the police better because it leads to a better Nigeria.
well said bro...after watching this movies 21 bridges, heat, den of thieves. I knew Nigeria police had a long way to go.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by paperboi147: 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
R I P
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by eodavids(m): 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
ruggedtimi:
well said bro...after watching this movies 21 bridges, heat, den of thieves. I knew Nigeria police had a long way to go.

Well said boss.

Do you know that if there were synergy between the police and the people in the community, a slight information divulged to the police would have save the lives and resources lost to this attack?

I just wish the police (NPF) will decist feo intimidation and brutality and embrace the people as "friends". A lot will get better from there.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
When I said the police was not capable of solving crimes; some people came out me!

Now I make bold to say, the police is not capable of protecting the citizens; they cannot even protect themselves!

8 men sack a station! Station looking like a shithole!! It is really sad but this is what you get when we celebrate roads and bridges in the midst of failing institutions. Well, let’s celebrate, ignore the killings in Kaduna, Plateau, Katsina, Edo, Kogi... at least we have the 2nd Niger bridge and railway lines to save us.

Myopic

You simply a wise one!

Bless up!
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Happyguy201: 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
She has the type of slim body I love to eat . Too bad she's gone rip young officer .
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
supportnija:

Bros.It is not exactly Truth, Police are civil organization, the first thing that should come on your mind about police is not gun and fire, but IGP in his wisdom should send three mobile police to guard police station, I can bet with anything that no arm robber can attack SARS office or mobile police base, Police is not military, you can see ten police men on duty is only one that would be with gun.
Police is equipped to attack civilians.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Princedapace(m): 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
supportnija:

Bros.It is not exactly Truth, Police are civil organization, the first thing that should come on your mind about police is not gun and fire, but IGP in his wisdom should send three mobile police to guard police station, I can bet with anything that no arm robber can attack SARS office or mobile police base, Police is not military, you can see ten police men on duty is only one that would be with gun.

This is what I said. The structure of the Nigeria police is faulty. It will take a huge robbers well planned to attack any Mobile Police formation or SARS. Why? They are well equipped to match the robbers..

But over 80% of the police stations in Nigeria are more like a civil service unit. The police needs restructure and allow mopo units in close ranges to communities. If u had five well trained mopols in that unit guiding the station. This shit wouldnt have happened.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2020

They also shot two inmates who were in the cell

Those guys are mean. I hope they get caught and pay for their acts
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by johnnychuks(m): 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
in fact is a shame to Nigeria police, all they do best is to victimize the innocent people and accused them of what they don't know off, and envying, talk to people at random in their station just like what they told uwa father that was raped in Benin. any time anybody is close to them you see how they talk, no secret, they myth even talk their secret to those rubbers on their process of talking at random. they don't have wisdom on their own.
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Caseless: 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
netmillionaires:

you know what becomes of the rest of us if the police are sure they're exposed as all of us - they won't care about us again. We need total overhauling of the police force.
Write more when your guest is gone. She's there to make the weekend fluffy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Bathing On The Road At Lekki Toll Gate During EndSARS Protest / Married Nigerian Man Caught Wooing A 15-Year-Old Girl In London (Video) / Soldiers Intercept ₦100 Million Cash Collected By Bandits As Ransom (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.