Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed (73268 Views)

Endsars: Bodies Of Those Killed In Igandu, Lagos This Morning (graphic Video) / Fatai Yusuf (Oko Oloyun) Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen / Man Who Was On His Way To Lock A Church Among Those Killed In Kaduna Crisis(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Penaldo: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
DPO, 21-Year-Old Female Recruit Among Kogi Robbery Casualties

Yesterday, 5th June 2020 was a black Thursday in Isanlu, the Headquarter of Yagba East local government area of Kogi state as Masked Armed Robbers numbering about 8 in total invaded the community to rob the First Bank in the town.

The robbers first went to the police station in Isanlu where they shot and Killed the Divisional Police officer (DPO) and seven other police officers on duty at the station. They also shot two inmates who were in the cell at the station and another civilian making it a total of 11 people killed in the robbery attack.  

Pictures taken me

Among the officers killed was PC Aminat Yusuf who is just 21 years of age and just passed out from Police training school about a month ago.

May God in his infinite mercies console families of the eleven victims. Others killed were Officer Charity, Oluwaseyi Ojo, Officer Friday and Orobo. Kombu Margret of Kwande LGA was shot leg but she survived it.

The attack began around 4:30pm yesterday evening and lasted for over one hour. The robbers were able to escape because most of the police and Soldiers had been deployed to nearby Kabba were the state governor had ordered a total lockdown.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Chamberlin1983(m): 3:06am On Jun 06, 2020
May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

193 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by gambia(m): 3:18am On Jun 06, 2020
May her soul rest in peace.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by kb83(m): 4:35am On Jun 06, 2020
RIP lady police and to all the officers that lost their lives.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by helinues: 4:48am On Jun 06, 2020
Organised bank robbery in Kogi state..

Exactly same pattern with Offa robbery..

Hmmmmmmm... embarassed undecided

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Enyimbamercedes: 4:56am On Jun 06, 2020
When I said the police was not capable of solving crimes; some people came out me!

Now I make bold to say, the police is not capable of protecting the citizens; they cannot even protect themselves!

8 men sack a station! Station looking like a shithole!! It is really sad but this is what you get when we celebrate roads and bridges in the midst of failing institutions. Well, let’s celebrate, ignore the killings in Kaduna, Plateau, Katsina, Edo, Kogi... at least we have the 2nd Niger bridge and railway lines to save us.

Myopic

253 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 06, 2020
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Even INMATES were not spared too

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by cassidy1996(m): 7:02am On Jun 06, 2020
Nigerian police are not well trained, imagine dem nor even dey at alert

17 Likes

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by juman(m): 8:15am On Jun 06, 2020
So sad.
Tragic that we have this kind of destroyed country.

Several millions of youth are without job.
People are desperate.

12 Likes

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Akunwafor(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
When I said the police was not capable of solving crimes; some people came out me!

Now I make bold to say, the police is not capable of protecting the citizens; they cannot even protect themselves!

8 men sack a station! Station looking like a shithole!! It is really sad but this is what you get when we celebrate roads and bridges in the midst of failing institutions. Well, let’s celebrate, ignore the killings in Kaduna, Plateau, Katsina, Edo, Kogi... at least we have the 2nd Niger bridge and railway lines to save us.

Myopic

MY CONDOLENCE GOES OUT TO THE FAMILIES WHO WERE VICTIMS OF THIS VILE, HORRENDOUS AND EVIL ACT.

But bros!

Spot on!

When you see some overweight policemen and women, you begin to wonder if the words tactical and combat exists in the police force.

In the US, the first responders with their glock handguns can bravely confront robbers with automatic rifles before backup arrives and believe that that small delay in time caused by that first responder is the downfall of those armed robbers.

Some idiot on another thread was foolishly telling me that you can't blame the officers, they didn't know something like this would happen, the robbers would have planned ahead to execute something like this.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by juman(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2020
cassidy1996:
Nigerian police are not well trained, imagine dem nor even dey at alert

Right now there is practical no way to stop attack on police stations by the thieves.
Because the thieves may not attack in next two years.

This kind of incident can only be stopped by intelligence gathering.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Caseless: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2020
we need to restructure the police for effective policing. They can't even protect themselves. The armed robbers had superior firepower, it's obvious. But how can everyone be killed without them killing one of the robbers? No resistance? At 4pm and not in the night, but they were taken unaware.
RIP!

10 Likes

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:

Myopic

Bros.It is not exactly Truth, Police are civil organization, the first thing that should come on your mind about police is not gun and fire, but IGP in his wisdom should send three mobile police to guard police station, I can bet with anything that no arm robber can attack SARS office or mobile police base, Police is not military, you can see ten police men on duty is only one that would be with gun.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Enyimbamercedes: 10:00am On Jun 06, 2020
supportnija:

Bros.It is not exactly Truth, Police are civil organization, the first thing that should come on your mind about police is not gun and fire, but IGP in his wisdom should send three mobile police to guard police station, I can bet with anything that no arm robber can attack SARS office or mobile police base, Police is not military, you can see ten police men on duty is only one that would be with gun.

We are saying the same thing! An ill-equipped police is not capable of stopping crime or defending itself! They are poorly trained and ill-equipped; therefore they are not capable of defending the citizens or themselves!

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by redsun(m): 10:03am On Jun 06, 2020
The robbers are most likely rogue fulani herdsmen or an arm of bokoharam, given their senseless ruthlessness..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by joyandfaith: 10:13am On Jun 06, 2020
Akunwafor:

MY CONDOLENCE GOES OUT TO THE FAMILIES WHO WERE VICTIMS OF THIS VILE, HORRENDOUS AND EVIL ACT.

But bros!

Spot on!

When you see some overweight policemen and women, you begin to wonder if the words tactical and combat exists in the police force.

In the US, the first responders with their glock handguns can bravely confront robbers with automatic rifles before backup arrives and believe that that small delay in time caused by that first responder is the downfall of those armed robbers.

Some idiot on another thread was foolishly telling me that you can't blame the officers, they didn't know something like this would happen, the robbers would have planned ahead to execute something like this.

@Enyimbamercedes
police is number one problem in this country. we cannot solve insecurity problem without fixing police.
most police officers and soldiers are now in major roads to extort motorists in the name of enforcing useless lockdowns.

14 Likes

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by FarahAideed: 10:21am On Jun 06, 2020
Caseless:
we need to restructure the police for effective policing. They can't even protect themselves. The armed robbers had superior firepower, it's obvious. But how can everyone be killed without them killing one of the robbers? No resistance? At 4pm and not in the night, but they were taken unaware.
RIP!

The armed robbers will be armed with AK47s and our Police use the AK 47 so I don't think it's a case of superior fire power but one of suprise and lack of training ...our Police need to start having drills for situations like this so they know what to do when their station is attacked ..Because without training if someone suprises you with a staccato of gunshots the first instinct is to flee

43 Likes

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Enyimbamercedes: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2020
joyandfaith:

@Enyimbamercedes
police is number one problem in this country. we cannot solve insecurity problem without fixing police.
most police officers and soldiers are now in major roads to extort motorists in the name of enforcing useless lockdowns.

I totally agree!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2020
We are gonna see it's one cursed tribe from the land of the rising crime who are behind this as usual.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by agwom(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2020
cry cry
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Goldenheart(m): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2020
sad In Nigeria, there are people who ve the passion and the wit to do some real work...

But because they don't know anyone or have any connections. They don't get any opportunity.

The institutions end up recruiting friends of friends, those who know people who know people...The

The end result is mediocrity...

Its sad that many people lost their lives.. cry

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by kollinskollins(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2020
Them must catch those robbers as far say DPO involve. But those guys bloody ooo like rambo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by princeade86(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2020
Really sad day
Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 06, 2020
Dogs alert pass our nigerian police force angry

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by nurex01(m): 11:22am On Jun 06, 2020
Inalillahi waina ilehi rojiun

5 Likes

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Olukat(m): 11:22am On Jun 06, 2020
cry cry cry Even the police station isn't safe shocked shocked
RIP! Young lady.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Robbery: DPO, Aminat Yusuf Among Those Killed by Nickshrapnel: 11:22am On Jun 06, 2020
Fuckin’ retards, take whatever you want and leave the civilians alone.

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cubana Chief Priest's Convoy Attacked By Unknown Gunmen (Video, Pics) / Woman Sacked By Her Husband For Moaning During Rape By Robbers Arrive Benue / Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.