Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat (48578 Views)

is etisalat sharing free data ?(screenshot) / Glo Is Now The Cheapest Network With 10/min / Is Etisalat's N15/per Min To All Networks A Ruse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by elderbros(m): 11:40am On Jan 25, 2011
supereagle:

MTN does not love Nigerians, they are ready to milk you dry , but Nigerians continue patronizing them. To be candid , Glo Infinito remains the cheapest, No Network can beat that.
emtyhen, wish i culd do sumtn 2 , lemme not tok b4 admins go diable ma account grin grin
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by WackyJ1(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2011
berrie85:

[color=#006600][/color]MTN is still the best no matter wat, if u doubt it,just check all those shouting airtel this,etisalat that,they also have their MTN lines,
Many people have different reasons for keeping their sims and none of the reasons include using them to make calls
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by smsrite: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2011
@ObamaUS

I don't think it's poor men who check the charges.

Business people use this networks, they have to check
the charges to cut down cost, don't you think so?
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Tolulop001(f): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^ are u minding him . . . mtchewwwww
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by ghost74: 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2011
Hello All,

Please note that for ETISALAT is the cheapest, if you are a heavy caller per day. you are charged 20N for that service.

Other tend to charge you 60k or 50k for every 1 min or 50 Secs call that you for every new call that you make.
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by usbcable(m): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2011
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
aaaaaallllll the way.
I get free airtime for calls received(and this I get alot off). I browse more or less  for free on ma phone due to monthly MB data and weekly free 15MB for every 200 recharge. I receive free SMS for every one sent. monthly free 10 MMS and so on.

My friends and family sef are now getting etisalat SIMS.

I DON WISE UP TEY TEY.
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by usbcable(m): 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2011
P.S
I don forget buy new phone for my glo line since last year November.
I now use only 0809ja for life and starcomms(a dedicated line for my fiancee only) grin grin grin
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by dailydolla4u(m): 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2011
Guys i think airtel stil beat MTN. Remember that MTN paygo is only 4 MTN number 1 other network and 1 international number then talk on is only MTN to MTN after 30 naira first mint. Call outside MTN stil attrak 58 kobo a second. But airtel say 36 naira first mint then 12 naira to any network including US. So airtel stil has opper hand against etisalat on calls to outside naija. MTN is no way 2 be found, i don't know much about glo. Etisalat is trying no free Data. If not 4 magic number MTN would be useless.
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by crowntessy: 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2011
every una well done, but wit dis debate i hv'nt decide on which ntwk 2 dey use. what is d present daily access charge 4 etisalat?
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by samtoye(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Poster, your arithemetic on Etisalat was wrong, You are charged N20 daily, which means on average you pay N140 every week even if you don't use your phone, thats N560 monthly. According to your analysis on Airtel, N60k for the first 1 min. The real access charge is N21 daily optional. ( N15 goes for the normal call). Get my drift? So do the maths for MTN. Then we Nigerians like cheap stuffs thats why China finds a good market here to dump fake products!!!!!! Trying quantifying all these in financial term- good network coverage, clearity, dependability, Value added service, Customer service. then you can determine which network is the cheapest!!! Remember GLO free calls then and where it ended without apologies!!!!
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by sylve11: 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2011
i don't need analysis, airtel is the cheapest cool
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Htown64(m): 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2011
Enough of this noise! If you use an open mind to calculate the various tariff you see that Airtel is the cheapest cuz 1, no access charge 2, its PSB 3, its for all net works 4, you still enjoy the us/canada cheap international call rate 5, for every call you make you get a notification of the cost & duration 6, 20 free airtel 2 airtel sms! If you want freedom then join the 2good train cuz its 2good to be true! wink
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by hustla(m): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2011
Omo PayGo and Magic number na the way oooo, first tot it was a scam buh tried it out,i dey kal like crazy cos of the magic number thingy,

ill rate eti-baba high sha in terms of Internet provision, cnt wait fr em to be on 3G buh thts not within this debate's context,
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by adeibi: 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2011
airtel's browsing charges are damn too expensive. They just zap up all the credit u have.
they weren't like this before. Only God knows what came over them
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Dlasdon(m): 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2011
Some people seem to be forgetting a few minor things. Every Glo first minute is 18 naira in the Glo infinito. From the second minute is 15 naira.
Mtn lol! Only to mtn,isn't that selfish? They are still not ready for the competition.They only want to keep their customers.
Etisalat? For those that got into the package early enjoy,cos you're still on 10 naira per day.Sorry to the N20 per day people.
Airtel? You guys gat brains.Your charge with Etisalat is the same thing. But but but but,you guys forgetting one thing. After the first minute,the rest is N12 to every network and all all all all INTERNATIONAL CALL and it is per second while Glo is per minute. So voice message or not,your 10 bucks don go.
Na true if you get money you no go dey check all these things but the money you would have used in making calls can still be used to feed your family. You seem to forget that if a bag of rice is 9k, then 6 1k5 recharge would get you 1 for more than a month. Would you sacrifice feeding your family for that touch phone or Black berry?
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by awa(m): 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2011
I guess from the analysis so far, I stick to Airtel. I just hope they will provide better tomorrow for my loyalty,

"cos that is what FREEDOM means to me,
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Spclst900: 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2011
crowntessy:

every una well done, but wit dis debate i hv'nt decide on which ntwk 2 dey use. what is d present daily access charge 4 etisalat?
i just got a message from etibaba today which had it that the new daily access charge is now N5. To activate it just dail *330*1#. Eti rocks
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Htown64(m): 4:17pm On Jan 25, 2011
@crowntessy N20 or N5 access fee airtel still rock cuz its 20kb PS which is still far more economical than Eti N25kb PS.
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by adeibi: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2011
airtel's 12/minute international call does not apply to all countries. i called austria and i wasn't billed 12/min but more
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by naijatoday: 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2011
adeibi:

airtel's 12/minute international call does not apply to all countries. i called austria and i wasn't billed 12/min but more

yeah, their website says U.S only

http://www.ng.airtel.com/Personal/Airtel2Good.aspx
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by stankion(m): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2011
WAIT O! NA KOBO KOBO UNA DE CALCULATE SO? NAIJA PPLE PLZ , LETS NOT TELL D WORLD HOW DAT WE RE POOR NA! WE ARE MORE THAN ALL DIS, I DNT EVEN CALCULATE HOW MUCH I SPEND, WEN THE AIRTIME FINISHES, I LOAD ANODA ONE, THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO AND TALK ABOUT PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ[b].[/b]
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by denny4ril: 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2011
HOW CHEAP IS WAT U CALL "CHEAP" COMPARED TO OTHER COUNTRIES' TARIFF?
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by dejavume: 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2011
usbcable:

ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
ETISALAT
aaaaaallllll the way.
I get free airtime for calls received(and this I get alot off). I browse more or less  for free on ma phone due to monthly MB data and weekly free 15MB for every 200 recharge. I receive free SMS for every one sent. monthly free 10 MMS and so on.

My friends and family sef are now getting etisalat SIMS.

I DON WISE UP TEY TEY.
OF
OF ALL D NETWORK NA ETISALAT STIL BE D BEST,TALK OF CUSTOMER CARE DEY NO DEY Bleep UP AT ALLL,
D ONE WEY MAKE ME TRIP 4 DEM,YOU GET A FREE MIN FOR EVERY 3MINS U RECIEVE,WHICH NETWORK DEY DO DAT.DEY ARE SINCERE ON THEIR PER SEC BILLING.ETISALAT 4 REAL JOOOOOOOOOO
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Olayinkaoj(m): 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2011
stankion:

WAIT O! NA KOBO KOBO UNA DE CALCULATE SO? NAIJA PPLE PLZ , LETS NOT TELL D WORLD HOW DAT WE RE POOR NA! WE ARE MORE THAN ALL DIS, I DNT EVEN CALCULATE HOW MUCH I SPEND, WEN THE AIRTIME FINISHES, I LOAD ANODA ONE, THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO AND TALK ABOUT PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ[b].[/b]

Even in America and Uk, people still check their balances, people still go for cheap networks both for voice calls and internet. I can remember, when 3 network entered into UK market at 5 pence per minute, most people went for 3, and a lot of people also like T-mobile for the cheap calls and awof attached.

Here in Nigeria, people of my type who manage to load N200 or maximum of N400 per day would want to know which is the cheapest. Glo is not bad anyway becos I use glo, but I agree that airtel is still the cheapest.
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Htown64(m): 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2011
Olayinkaoj:

Even in America and Uk, people still check their balances, people still go for cheap networks both for voice calls and internet. I can remember, when 3 network entered into UK market at 5 pence per minute, most people went for 3, and a lot of people also like T-mobile for the cheap calls and awof attached.

Here in Nigeria, people of my type who manage to load N200 or maximum of N400 per day would want to know which is the cheapest. Glo is not bad anyway becos I use glo, but I agree that airtel is still the cheapest.
e be like say the guy na yahoo boy thats why e no send how much them dey charge am.
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by crowntessy: 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
Htown64:

@crowntessy N20 or N5 access fee airtel still rock cuz its 20kb PS which is still far more economical than Eti N25kb PS.
much gratitude 2 spclt900, htown24 and mther guz in the house. I crowntessy d chairman of all wizards declares etisalat as the cheapest ntwk, considering d 25k/s dat now attracts a daily acces charge of jst N5 and d 1min bonus on every 3min recieved plus 15mb on every recharge of 200 in a week not to mention d u & me package and 1 free sms on each sms sent. now compare all this 2 20k/s & 12/min on calls 2 only usa of airtel
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by clomn(m): 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2011
for me and my household we shall dwell with globacom nigeria
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Hilundi: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2011
With due respect,Etisalat bussiness model is indeed a phenomenal !Sentiments apart when Etisalat came on board i for one thought that in six month they would have shut down.The reverse is indeed what we have today.With over 10 million subscription base and still growing.As an Economist i carefully understudied there bussiness model which essentially is centered around putting people first.i enjoy browsing free unlike mtn that has a knife cutting approach with all the wrongs of capitalism.Obviously with stiffer mtn's profit margin would come falling.Thanks to Globacoms, and airtel .
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by olafemi(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2011
GUYS INCASE YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THAT THE NEW ETISALAT LINES HAS NO DAILY CHARGE-GO TO ANY OUTLET AND ASK FOR ETISALAT CUG LINE.IT HAS AUTOMATIC 25K/SEC I.E 15/MIN.TO ALL NETWORK. SO IF YOU LOAD YOUR 100 NAIRA YOU HAVE YOU HAVE ALMOST 7 MINS TALK TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Woleleye(m): 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2011
The cheapest network is onet but it does nt spread as other networks. After several months of free calls(Onet to Onet), the tarrif nw is #3 per mins(Onet to Onet). You call find out.
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by Emmyk(m): 11:16pm On Jan 25, 2011
It's Airtel, u all can argue till 2 coming. And the 1minute free call to anynetwork on eti is a promo. There should have been a poll. Let the poster make one!
Re: The Cheapest Network To Call Now Is Etisalat by mrofficial(m): 12:48am On Jan 26, 2011
Glo rocks, 'cos I do not need 1 naira to make midnight calls from 12:AM till 5:AM. That alone is enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa / Anyone Can Withdraw Money Without Knowing Your ATM PIN / Infinix Launches Infinix Hot 4 And Now Selling At Cheap Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.