Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders (27383 Views)

Keyamo: No Yoruba, Igbo: Atiku Campaigning On Basis Of Ethnicity Is Horrendous / How Can Bokoharam Be Released On Basis That He Has Repented / #TheNextLevel Logo: Can Infringement Be Established On Basis Of Similar Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Deebwebb: 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
kingawothefirst:

You people are the chimneys that like calling the kettle black. The original skull miners, I will deal with you today oya!
that must be Ogun state for all we know..or even a mini branch of an Ogun state ritualist.....republic of skull miners...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Deebwebb:
that must be Ogun state for all we know..or even a mini branch of an Ogun state ritualist.....republic of skull miners...

Lol you must really think saying I’m from Ogun state is an insult grin I’m not but I wouldn’t mind if I was from the home of the mighty Ijebus and the home of MKO, Obefemi Awolowo and Fela Kuti.

Is your state even on the map?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Angelfrost(m): 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Trash!!!.... How many idiots do we have in this Arewa of a union??!... Smh!!!
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Deebwebb: 3:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
kingawothefirst:

Lol you must really think saying I’m from Ogun state is an insult grin I’m not but I wouldn’t mind if I was from the home of the mighty Ijebus and the home of MKO, Obefemi Awolowo and Fela Kuti.

Is your state even on the map?
oboy stop lying,Ogun state boy claiming lagosian grin real lagosians have suffered.leave skull mining your father refused now see the repercussion in you...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
Deebwebb:
oboy stop lying,Ogun state boy claiming lagosian grin real lagosians have suffered.leave skull mining your father refused now see the repercussion in you...

Oboy I don’t need to lie about anything o, I’m proud of where I’m from unlike you who have to come to my Lagos to scavenge for a living.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Greenbirth: 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Let me describe typical northerners for you all.
Trouble region.
Terrorists
Parasites
Power hungry people.
Always crying to cnn, Aljerzera, bbc when the table turn against them. If the south want to get independent they should find a country to be allied with just like south sudan did with Rwanda.

Northerners are Bains in every human lives.

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Friend22(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
This is a very big lie.
Foods from the north were sold to the southerners, not given for free or even subsidized

Every revenue realized in each region then was used in developing the region, not shared among the regions.
Unlike now that the crude oil revenue is shared among all states.
I had to take a second look at your argument and it falls flat in itcs face.
The question was about how will north survive in case of disintergartion,not about what happened before independence.
I know north will survive without SS and many factor still favour them.
Remove oil from the equation and see how SS stands.
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by bejeria101(m): 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
Equality? By who's definition? Make we hear word. This is the last that your presidebt would do e go red for am.
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Deebwebb: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
kingawothefirst:

Oboy I don’t need to lie about anything o, I’m proud of where I’m from unlike you who have to come to my Lagos to scavenge for a living.
Ogun state boy claiming lagosian grin I remember one of my friend that year that refused serving just because she was posted to Ogun state..the skull mining land...I hope you have finished mining skull today,be fast before your father comes home cheesy
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Deebwebb:
Ogun state boy claiming lagosian grin I remember one of my friend that year that refused serving just because she was posted to Ogun state..the skull mining land...I hope you have finished mining skull today,be fast before your father comes home cheesy

you’re seriously pained haha grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Farki: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
You guys never try at all, prioritise education, you refused now you are shocked that others even Sanusi himself was calling you out on it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Mrpojj(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
This is a very big lie.
Foods from the north were sold to the southerners, not given for free or even subsidized

Every revenue realized in each region then was used in developing the region, not shared among the regions.
Unlike now that the crude oil revenue is shared among all states.

Don't mind them, they think they are talking to almajiris
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Urchman200:
The west should wake up no body can love u more than those u share geographical terrain with.

Hmm really ? It must be this same "love" for the west that made Azikiwe to enter into an unholy political alliance with the north against the common interest of the south !

Yorubas don't need anybody's fake love.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by akigbemaru: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
LegendHero:
Out of all the crap above there is only one truth that they spoke about:

—“If the South-South is claiming the North is a parasite on the region, that region should ask itself what were the sources of Nigeria’s revenue before the discovery of oil at Oloibiri in the present Bayelsa State in 1965? What was the significance of oil before its discovery & exploration by the Shell Oil? What revenue did Nigeria use to fund oil exploration?” Chief Abu quipped.”

Initially during the 1900s, the Southern Protectorate and Lagos colony were the one financing the Northern Protectorate. Also, in addition to that, the Northern protectorate got huge grant from the Imperial Treasury to complement what they generated locally. Some of the reason for the low productivity of the North was because they prohibited the trade in Spirits due to the fact that islamic religion forbade alcohol. Spirit was part of the major revenue generating commodity then.

After the individual regions were created (Southern, Eastern, and Northern Region) , the table turned. Looking at the Federal gazette from 1957s up to the period of oil boom, the highest generator of revenue for the federal government are arranged below in terms of hierarchy.

1- Western Region
2- Northern Region
3- Eastern Region

Most revenue running the Federal government Is from the Western and Northern Region.

So when these guys (Northerners) are trying to justify the statement that the oil producing region shouldn’t be too pompous about them being the source of revenue to the country, they might be right to some extent. Some Region have helped before, the Oil producing region should help now this time around.

However currently, the North is pulling Nigeria backward because they have contributed more to the socio-economic failure of Nigeria by their not-too productive huge population, Terrorist activities that resulted in Nigeria wasting lot of money on equipping soldiers and buying weapons, poverty metrics, high illiteracy rate, and etc.

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by akigbemaru: 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
LegendHero:

Truly during the 1900s before the region became autonomous, if you are to merge the south together (Western and Eastern), we generated more revenue than the Northern Region.

However when each region because autonomized, On average the Northern Region contributed more to the federal government than the Eastern Region.

Now talking using the data of the 1954s until oil boom:
Most of the revenue of the Federal government comes from Custom & Excise, Direct taxes, License & Internal Revenue, Mining, Rent on Government property, and etc.

The Custom and Excise duties is the highest source of revenue for the government and infact it contributes averagely 60-70% of the revenue.

The custom charge export duties on agricultural produce entering into world trade. The major produce that generates the highest revenue are :
1. Cocoa
2. Groundnut
3. Palm Kernel
4. Palm Oil

Sometimes, palm oil and palm kernel alternates between the 3rd and 4th spot.

Note: On average, the Western Region sells more Palm Kernel than the Eastern Region based on the Nigerian Government gazette from 1957-oil boom period.

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Urchman200: 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Hmm really ? It must be this same "love" for the west that made Azikiwe to enter into an unholy political alliance with the north against the common interest of the south !

Yorubas don't need anybody's fake love.
don't you think division can be considered an option?
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by eodavids(m): 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
Op, I want to thanks you for choosing the heading.

Ordinarily, a careless op could have exploded the space with a headline that iritates.

Op, continue with the wisdom you aplied here.
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by mmsen: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Nigeria with only yorubas and hausafulanis will really be interestinggrin

Civil war for 1000 years.
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Ginomel(m): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
Other regions in Nigeria are very ready for Nigeria to break to other countries except the northern part of the country.

If they are serious, they should give a green light for Nigeria to break.
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by EdiskyHarry: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nigeria would have been a great and a better nation if not the northern part of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
The story too long abeg.

what's the point exactly?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Deebwebb: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
kingawothefirst:

you’re seriously pained haha grin
grin Ogun state boy claiming Lagosian..chai I have suffered,all this awawa boys crew self forming nonsense grin
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
Deebwebb:
grin Ogun state boy claiming Lagosian..chai I have suffered,all this awawa boys crew self forming nonsense grin

Enugu boy don drink too much miracle water, now he don mad finish, go check yourself inside kirikiri prison and stay off my mentions, I’m done bullying you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Newmanluckyman(m): 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
...Arewa hypocrites.

When it comes to southern Nigeria, they will quickly divide it into 3 - SS, SE and SW. But when it comes to Northern Nigeria, boom it becomes one North.

The greatest illusion is when someone is lying to himself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by marcondo13: 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Don't forget that the Midwest broke away only in 1963. So, it is plausible for the Western region to have that quota of palm kernels from Benin and Sapele.

mrvitalis:

Oga it's impossible for Western region to produce more palm oil than easten region ...show me prove

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by tsspsolutions: 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
samincredible44:
since independence your people having rule this country and they have driven Nigerian to these horrible state and these Mumu has the effrontery to talk about equality.well the north saving grace is that the south are disunited and the Yoruba's will always support them come what may.

Can you explain further what you mean the Yoruba will always support them? Kindly bring out the record of all federal elections since independence and let's see which region has supported the North the most.
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by Proudlytips: 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
hmmm
Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by luluman: 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
WeneWali:

Typical ewedu man...alway contradicting themselves. Few minutes ago he was claiming that nigeria was the best after sliced bread and that Kanu was the 'joke'. grin grin
Why not leave the ewedu man & focus on the topic? You seem to be out of points.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by luluman: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Nigeria with only yorubas and hausafulanis will really be interestinggrin
Correct, without saboteurs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by MetaPhysical: 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
LZAA:

Shatapgrin
Cc immhotep sarrki GMBuharii bastardmod Afonjaconehead

grin
You bloody yam farmer. Beside soaking roasted yam in red oil what do you know about palm oil?

Im bringing my cows to destroy your farm tomorrow. Get ready. grin

Imhotep
Odingo1
GMBuhari

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders by MetaPhysical: 6:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
AfonjaConehead:

Hypocrite shut up.
Your page is full of anti SE threads.
All of you southern betrayers brought the evil bubu jihadist upon us all.

Keep deceiving yourself.

Gaddem you! Let me catch you, i will use red oil to rub your skin so it will be tasty with akpu.

Abiriba kwenu! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MURIC To FG: Treat Repented Boko-Haram/ISWAP Fighters Like Brothers, Train Them / Peter Obi Takes His Campaign To The Streets In Aba, Abia State (Pictures, Video) / Shehu Shagari's Family At The State House (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.