Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

"My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines (41830 Views)

FFK Blasts Rev Chris Okotie For 'insulting' Late Prophet T.B Joshua / Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
AshipaEk0:

When you can easily just say you don' want to catch corona and therefore regular church is closed.

This is why i don't like Nigerians

shut up!
gullible people like you quickly fell for corona scam
but your politicians disobeyed interstate lockdown and so-called social distancing and traveled to Lagos and Abuja for party matters.
keep deceiving yourself
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Newbielearner(m): 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Business strategy be this. Better to close shop until trade picks up properly, than open it and be wasting air-conditioning, electricity/power/diesel et cetera on scanty pews.

Some people would always find ways to express foolishness.

If they exclaimed how happy they are to open, you'll say they're hungry for tithes.

They chose to remain closed, you said it is business.

Some people would burn from Earth to hell.

1 Like

Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by popcykaylah(m): 12:11am On Jun 06, 2020
Pastor Chris go like this guide lines o ..na him Dey complain pass
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by toprealman: 12:12am On Jun 06, 2020
This man gave AY his start.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Jenjenny: 12:59am On Jun 06, 2020
u11ae1013:
And so I hilariously unplugged my phone and hilariously opened my browser, then I hilariously logged into nairaland and I hilariously opened this thread before I hilariously plugged my phone back then I hilariously left it to be charging while I hilariously continued browsing
Mr Hilary �
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by adenigga(m): 1:03am On Jun 06, 2020
Belaashoorey:
That's a man of principle

Audio threat!!!

Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Icon79(m): 1:05am On Jun 06, 2020
But why can't all pastors open their churches and dare the govt to arrest all pastors?

At a time like this, I actually wish that I have a church in Nigeria, especially the so called megachurches!

O pari
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by AshipaEk0: 1:06am On Jun 06, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:

shut up!
gullible people like you quickly fell for corona scam
but your politicians disobeyed interstate lockdown and so-called social distancing and traveled to Lagos and Abuja for party matters.
keep deceiving yourself

okoto.meowe skrrr papapap
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by suremanpatriot: 1:07am On Jun 06, 2020
Moment of truth:Covid19 has exposed loads of fake preachers most of them are busy detroyin peoples lives,e.g Insteads of building on their faith they building on their fears to extort them
Why do we have fraudsters and elite criminals in same league these socalled preachers as the only one growing exponentially beyond their congregations? The get quick rich syndrome,the hype is driving the youths crazy instead of mentoring them to keep cultivating the land,work on ideas to solve problems to create wealth.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by AshipaEk0: 1:08am On Jun 06, 2020
one jobless fool is using multiple accounts to attack commenters.

Wastrel.

what a hopeless life
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Clothingonline9(m): 1:12am On Jun 06, 2020
Seriously
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by busomma: 1:46am On Jun 06, 2020
Any responsible government number one priority is the protection of life & property of it's citizens & that's exactly what Lagos state government, a constituted authority is doing. Okotie, u can speak all the English in the world, the law remains the law.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by chijokz(m): 1:57am On Jun 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Business strategy be this. Better to close shop until trade picks up properly, than open it and be wasting air-conditioning, electricity/power/diesel et cetera on scanty pews.
You absolutely read my mind. That's a smart strategy by Chris. He knows the timing isn't right but rather wait in order to maximize revenue through tithes, offerings and seed showings
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by chijokz(m): 2:32am On Jun 06, 2020
blackboy:
Some people will not like this. They said una dey run business centre and you cant do without opening church.
Shame to bad people. Fear God

Not sure what you mean by "some people will not like this". We are not against Chris or anyone running or owning a business. He was smart not to re-open his business now. The timing isn't right in order to maximize revenue through tithes, offerings and seed sowing. It just makes business sense to re-open when things improve especially for the customers.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 3:14am On Jun 06, 2020
[s]
mira4u:
Nice one. Others don't care about their members, all for money.
[/s]
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 06, 2020
"My church "
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by xangerar: 4:41am On Jun 06, 2020
Reverend Chris Okotie impresses always with his English construction.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by pius49(m): 6:09am On Jun 06, 2020
That's a good and well constructed grammatical message
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by pius49(m): 6:12am On Jun 06, 2020
[Is not everytime and everything you will conclude that it's business, do u even understand his position on the guidelines
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by JamisiEwoooo: 6:40am On Jun 06, 2020
[s]
Ebenezer2O2O:
[/s]
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by golddare: 7:21am On Jun 06, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/my-church-will-remain-closed-okotie-rejects-guidelines-for-reopening-worship-centres

Yes now, its voluntary, if you can take advantage of technology its cheaper and safer to run a church.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by ibinaboonline: 8:01am On Jun 06, 2020
Chris Okotie made his money mostly in real estate. Man likes luxury vehicles like children like chocolate.
blackboy:
Some people will not like this. They said una dey run business centre and you cant do without opening church.
Shame to bad people. Fear God

Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Winzozo: 8:20am On Jun 06, 2020
Over 3000 Ministers Outside Christ Embasssy benefit from Pastor Chris Emergency Relief Aid

THIS KIND OF NEWS NEVER GET HERE

[Evil men detest the good because it reveals his weakness ]
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Cantonese: 9:03am On Jun 06, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Most churches can't comply with the guidelines. It's better to remain closed

And mosques too bro. Or don't Muslims worship in hundreds and thousands too?
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2020
Moneywirer:
Open Church joor.... Do you know the number of brothers and sisters that have missed themselves due to the lock down
Especially those of them in the Choir unit, please sir they need to commence rehearsals. grin

Go to the other pastor Chris church to do your rehearsals!
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Moneywirer: 9:45am On Jun 06, 2020
quentin06:

Go to the other pastor Chris church to do your rehearsals!

Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by mindtricks: 10:12am On Jun 06, 2020
Moneywirer:
Open Church joor.... Do you know the number of brothers and sisters that have missed themselves due to the lock down
Especially those of them in the Choir unit, please sir they need to commence rehearsals. grin

It may look funny, but many go to church just for such purposes.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Moneywirer: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2020
mindtricks:

It may look funny, but many go to church just for such purposes.

Which shouldn't be. The Church really needs a fresh baptism of the Spirit of righteousness
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by mindtricks: 11:28am On Jun 06, 2020
Moneywirer:

Which shouldn't be. The Church really needs a fresh baptism of the Spirit of righteousness

You are right.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by KLand(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
The most eloquent Nigerian I know.
Re: "My Church Will Remain Closed" - Chris Okotie Rejects Government Guidelines by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
Good at least your brain dey work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'The ChiwetaluAgu In Your Life Will Die In 2024': Church Banner In Port Harcourt / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.