Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) (8374 Views)

Tertiary, Primary & Secondary Schools To Reopen In Lagos From September 14 & 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by DanteAutos(m): 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
TMKsouth:
-

It’s Impossible to do the same here in Nigeria

We Sell Affordable FOREIGN & Nigerian Used Cars

Click My Signature to get Started
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Very irresponsible Xenophobic people. Imagine they restricted them from drinking alcohol coz they are always unruly

Everyone knows alcohol compromises one's health, so it's responsible of SA to ban it during a global pandemic - including cigarettes. You should be asking why your government didn't do the same given the dire state of your health system - both public and private. Who's the irresponsible people now? wink
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
this 30-40 learners you are talking about is it public or private school?

It's public schools.

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

But the families of the ones that lost their lives in your madness would not forget the trauma and pain in a hurry.

Shift!

Did you enter this thread to spew trash? Cause clearly you knew it was about South Africa and could have just ignored it. Are you obsessed with SA or something?

1 Like

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by XXLMANDIGO: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
IGNORE!!!

TMKsouth:

Did you enter this thread to spew trash? Cause clearly you knew it was about South Africa and could have just ignored it. Are you obsessed with SA or something?
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Everything you read over there was either half truths, exaggerations and lies. There was no so called "killings of Nigerians" here in South Africa. Looting yes, large scale killing, hell no!. The funny thing is though, Africa has had a history of brutal ethnic killing in many African states and yet the " xenophobic looting" gets more coverage and everyone around the continent uses it as leverage to insult South Africans, it's hypocrisy of the highest order. People who also know very little of South Africa are the loudest ones

Nigeria is plagued by fake news. You just need to go through this forum to see the number of times that igbo IPOB leader Mnandi has been killed off. Everyday there's a new thread that he's dead. Same thing applies to SA and xenophobia. People just wanna trend.

2 Likes

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
JaceBlaze:

The hate and obsession is really bizarre because the two countries don't owe each other any favours and are so further apart in terms of geographic positioning.I don't understand this.

At least when deport them we place them in aeroplanes,unlike their neighbour Cameroon that forces them into cattle trucks like animals.

grin grin grin
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
We all should calm down here. Why bring Xenophobia here and why now? We kill ourselves,hate ourselves and many more. Don't point accusing fingers at SA dudes killing your people because if the govt of Nigeria since the inception of Democracy had done all things right, then there won't be need to travel. How many south Africans are in Nigeria? and how many do you know?

2 Likes

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by Iscoalarcon: 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
TMKsouth:

It's public schools.
impressive! That's why it is possible for you to practice the social distance but then again tell me how is possible for class with 250 learners to practice social distance? 250 is like 8 times of 30 oo. That was why I said its absolutely impossible to practice it in 9ja
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
impressive! That's why it is possible for you to practice the social distance but then again tell me how is possible for class with 250 learners to practice social distance? 250 is like 8 times of 30 oo. That was why I said its absolutely impossible to practice it in 9ja

Yes it is rather difficult, but your government should come up with innovative ways to make it work - lives are at stake. That's why they are paid huge salaries.

SA classes used to be crammed too in the 90s because of apartheid - 80 kids in one class. But the government has since built more schools to alleviate the pressure. So Nigerian govt should begin planning now for the next pandemic so that you're not in a similar predicament then. Long-term vision helps.
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by Alitair(m): 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
yanabasee1:
I hope the FG will not see this and want to copy oh... Because our education sector is a mess and we don't have the means to maintain social distancing in schools and especially public schools.....

I think SA has given the FG what they have been waiting for. Idea
The FG has maintained the lockdown on academics because they have no idea on how to maintain social distancing. This is what happens when you have blockheads at the top.

1 Like

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
Zeeknow3245:
We all should calm down here. Why bring Xenophobia here and why now? We kill ourselves,hate ourselves and many more. Don't point accusing fingers at SA dudes killing your people because if the govt of Nigeria since the inception of Democracy had done all things right, then there won't be need to travel. How many south Africans are in Nigeria? and how many do you know?

Voice of reason. The xeno comment was unprovoked and senseless. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by Ephraim20(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
TMKsouth:

Are schools open in Nigeria?

Na so
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by Venerable612(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
yanabasee1:

Do you know that public schools don't have enough teachers? and government isn't employing teachers to meet each subjects??

The workforce will be too much on the teachers especially mathematics teachers and English Language teachers...

And they will have to write lesson notes and other requirements?

What’s the alternative?
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by FlordFlorez(m): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
Iscoalarcon:
hmm
This is practically impossible in 9ja where you can find a class with more than 200 students
200 u say? Some higher institutions may have up to 800 in a class.
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by suremanpatriot: 12:38am On Jun 07, 2020
they are goin mad,corona virus is driving people crazy
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by aadoiza: 12:55am On Jun 07, 2020
I wonder wetin una for do if na deadly virus den use for these pathetic fear tactics. Rubbish.
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by chloride6: 1:02am On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

Everyone knows alcohol compromises one's health, so it's responsible of SA to ban it during a global pandemic - including cigarettes. You should be asking why your government didn't do the same given the dire state of your health system - both public and private. Who's the irresponsible people now? wink

Who said Alcohol compromises one health?
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 1:25am On Jun 07, 2020
chloride6:

Who said Alcohol compromises one health?

Here's some free skooling.

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by chloride6: 1:56am On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

Here's some free skooling.

I thought you were going to produce the results of a randomised double blind controlled trial with 5000 citations on elsevier and high impact factor.

Instead you produced an infographic created by a group that looks like illegitimate offspring of the temperance league and AA.
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 2:38am On Jun 07, 2020
chloride6:

I thought you were going to produce the results of a randomised double blind controlled trial with 5000 citations on elsevier and high impact factor.

Instead you produced an infographic created by a group that looks like illegitimate offspring of the temperance league and AA.

Clearly nothing satisfies you so go drink yourself to a stupor, or even death - I don't care. SA taxpayers not footing your hospital bills. You're Nigeria's problem.

1 Like

Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by chloride6: 8:03am On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

Clearly nothing satisfies you so go drink yourself to a stupor, or even death - I don't care. SA taxpayers not footing your hospital bills. You're Nigeria's problem.

Lmao...I think I agree with you on that one I am the problem with Nigeria.

grin
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Alitair:

I think SA has given the FG what they have been waiting for. Idea
The FG has maintained the lockdown on academics because they have no idea on how to maintain social distancing. This is what happens when you have blockheads at the top.

Yes, African countries should learn good lessons from each other.
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by Alitair(m): 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

African giants should lead too.

Or is that a title?
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by Lorazepam(f): 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
TMKsouth:

This one cannot work in Naija grin
If they want to reopen, they should just wait for the pandemic to cool down well, so they can open fully
because me I dey think of the public schools for my area wey get like 80 students per class cheesy, not to now talk of university sef where in lecture theatre they can be up to 500 grin or university hostel, where for a supposed 4 man room, them fit be 20, with squatters and all sorts of floaters cheesy cheesy
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Alitair:

African giants should lead too.

Or is that a title?

Even the youth have lessons for the elders.
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by TMKsouth: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lorazepam:

This one cannot work in Naija grin
If they want to reopen, they should just wait for the pandemic to cool down well, so they can open fully
because me I dey think of the public schools for my area wey get like 80 students per class cheesy, not to now talk of university sef where in lecture theatre they can be up to 500 grin or university hostel, where for a supposed 4 man room, them fit be 20, with squatters and all sorts of floaters cheesy cheesy

Nigeria should invest in development now to avoid this same overcrowding issue in the future. With globalization there will be more pandemics. Shouldn't be caught off guard again.
Re: SEE Social Distancing Measures As Public Schools Reopen In SA (PHOTOS) by shaggyosas(m): 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
This is the time the federal, state and local govt should look into e-learning. Here is a link to help out, subscribe to get update on topics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTl95KBPLwQ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB 2024 Results: Release Updates And Access Guide / Full List Of Newly Appointed Chancellors In The 38 Federal Universities. / Dr Enoch Did Not Prove The Riemann Hypothesis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.