Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) (79932 Views)

Flooding In My Area In Asaba And Government’s Negligence / Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet / South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by odigbosky(m): 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
Benin city has never really witnessed much development by past successive government especially the military. They did very few things to develop the city because they didn't care about it. They were not from the place. Benin is very ancient and far bigger than Asaba, but when both cities started afresh in 1999, Lucky Igbenedion took Benin city to the Era of our ancestors. So while Asaba was developing very fast, Benin was going backward. Its from the Oshiomole Era that Benin started trying to catch up with lost time by then Asaba has received a whole face lift.

The oil money that Delta state receives, blood of Jesus, if Edo receives half of that money, I swear to God, you won't recognize Benin again.

Na when Ibori mama die, that was when j knew that Delta state has money. In less than 6 months, Ibori used Niger cat to transform small Ogharefe.

See abeg, Delta state too get money.
Compare Benin to Oshogbo or let's say Ibadan. Ehen...not Asaba abeg

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by dennisworld1(m): 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
Some of those pic are not of recent of Asaba. Some are not even Asaba but old pic of warri. OP u just collected random pic from Google....

2 Likes

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by blowjohn(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Chai before commenting properly I know say them go yab benin for this thread
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
the fact is Delta shouldn't be compared to Edo state because it's one of the highest allocation receiving state in Nigeria.

Akwa ibom have the best roads and they now have their own airline.

River state has international airport and great infrastructures.

Delta state is still far behind despite receiving more allocations than those states

you mean Edo that have the capital since 1960 should not be compared to a state that was created recently?

the only state you can compare Edo to in southern Nigeria are osun, Ebonyi, Ekiti and bayelsa

there is no state as balanced as Delta in the whole Southsouth. Delta State has many livable towns.

there are livable places in all the zones that are being developed. we also have two state owned airport.

you can't compare Delta State with States that have only one or two places where humans can survive.

Delta is a new state. the good work of Ibori means we were able to move ahead of many states in short period of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Bighead9: 1:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Abeg asaba is a local government
But can you help us champion biafra agitation

Biafra is a Pipe dream.

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by blowjohn(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Akinola100:
Benin and Asaba get stadiums now. Why super Eagles no dey use am play international games apart from Goodwill Akpabio in Akwa Ibom

U don see benin stadium before? The red around it make am be like world trade shrine centre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by micflo28(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
Asaba for sure na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by ABBEYsammy01(m): 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
Give it to Obaseki
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Quelme: 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
spirul77:
Asaba is far more beautiful than Benin, if not for oshiomhole benin would have been an eyesore.
very true. Oshiomole is the only reason Benin is even a city in the local context.
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Quelme: 2:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
ABBEYsammy01:
Give it to Obaseki
98% of what you see in those pictures are the handiwork of Oshiomole!!!
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lostz:

you mean Edo that have the capital since 1960 should not be compared to a state that was created recently?

the only state you can compare Edo to in southern Nigeria are osun, Ebonyi, Ekiti and bayelsa

there is no state as balanced as Delta in the whole Southsouth. Delta State has many livable towns.

there are livable places in all the zones that are being developed. we also have two state owned airport.

you can't compare Delta State with States that have only one or two places where humans can survive.

Delta is a new state. the good work of Ibori means we were able to move ahead of many states in short period of time.
so abia, Oyo, imo, ondo and cross river are better than Edo state? Lmao.

The thing is midwest then wasn't receiving huge allocation, if been capital was the key to developement then ibadan state should be the most developed state in southern nigeria but now owerri, enugu, and almost all south south cities are finner than ibadan.

The 4 richest state in Nigeria aside Lagos are
Delta
Akwa ibom
River state
Bayelsa

They all receive six times of of what other states receives, they should at least be six times more developed.

Don't forget nddc have more works in Delta compare to Edo state because Delta contribute more to their pulse.

Comparing Edo and Delta state shows how backward Delta state really is
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by breakeven: 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Both of them are very dirty.
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
odigbosky:
Benin city has never really witnessed much development by past successive government especially the military. They did very few things to develop the city because they didn't care about it. They were not from the place. Benin is very ancient and far bigger than Asaba, but when both cities started afresh in 1999, Lucky Igbenedion took Benin city to the Era of our ancestors. So while Asaba was developing very fast, Benin was going backward. Its from the Oshiomole Era that Benin started trying to catch up with lost time by then Asaba has received a whole face lift.

The oil money that Delta state receives, blood of Jesus, if Edo receives half of that money, I swear to God, you won't recognize Benin again.

Na when Ibori mama die, that was when j knew that Delta state has money. In less than 6 months, Ibori used Niger cat to transform small Ogharefe.

See abeg, Delta state too get money.
Compare Benin to Oshogbo or let's say Ibadan. Ehen...not Asaba abeg
i swear to God, Edo state just need half of what Delta receives and you won't know Edo state again.

Delta, river, akwa ibom and bayelsa are so rich.. there's even one local government in river state that has 24 hours lights and good road just because of oil.

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Ryan03(f): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
More photos
you are biased, I keep seeing beautiful pix of benin and very few not so good pix of Asaba. Nor be the Benin when i dey? Why you nor snap new Benin? Third? Temboga? Textile mill?

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by 9jaunite: 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Proudly Deltan
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Rotji(m): 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
Yet More

Why am I seeing Ozoro pictures here when the comparison is supposed to be between Benin City and Asaba?!
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Chatbot1234: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
asaba
but i prefer the benin lifestyle grin if you know you know in lil wayne's voice
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ryan03:
you are biased, I keep seeing beautiful pix of benin and very few not so good pix of Asaba. Nor be the Benin when i dey? Why you nor snap new Benin? Third? Temboga? Textile mill?
to be fair third and upper side aren't really Benin...

The main Benin is oredo local government but due to developement, it now contains ikpoba okha, Egor etc
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by nelsonebby(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
You can't compare benin city to asaba, even if you add warri asaba and ugheli together, Benin city is still far bigger than them.

Don't forget Delta receives 5x what Edo state get.

Let's compare oredo with asaba, they have the same size
This is not true. I even think Warri Is quite better than Benin. Too many old houses in Benin city its not a good look

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
nelsonebby:

This is not true. I even think Warri Is quite better than Benin.
read my post, I meant bigger.

Benin city is bugger than asaba and warri combined
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Gabriel1992: 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
All this fine image was when Osho was still in government. Not now please go and re-snap and come back to ask grin grin grin
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Ryan03(f): 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
you are a big liar.. mumu nyamirri
he pain am grin grin
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Ryan03(f): 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
to be fair third and upper side aren't really Benin...

The main Benin is oredo local government but due to developement, it now contains ikpoba okha, Egor etc
what? Third and upper arent Benin? But he put pix of Kada and market square there, where those two dey? Lol, small small o

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Rubiesinc(m): 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Sell your gift cards at amazing rates and receive your money in 3minutes or less. We also trade crypto currency (Bitcoin and Ethereum).
We believe everyone deserves the chance to gain, profit, and benefit, which drives us to help those most in need.

At Rubies Inc we buy all gift cards at amazing rates. We open 24hours a day.
Call or Whatsapp 08059318934
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Binikingdowm: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ryan03:
what? Third and upper arent Benin? But he put pix of Kada and market square there, where those two dey? Lol, small small o
my point exactly.

Main Benin is oredo but due to developement, it's now eating different part of Edo south.

In 20 years time you'll be surprised seeing the whole of Edo south is now refer to as Benin
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Ryan03(f): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Chekwume16:
Is there anything in asaba to compare with Benin. I am from delta but asaba is just a glorified capital.
and Benin? I am sure you haven't toured Benin, if you have, you won't type this
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Ryan03(f): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
dairykidd:

Why u dey lie na.. Even lagos when everywhere dey ooze from mainland to island if u no get car with ac belle must turn u every morning as u dey go work.. abi u want argue am undecided
baddest

1 Like

Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by paradigmshift(m): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
obonujoker:
Benin City na another Bariga... Even the GRA in Benin looks like Ajegunle in Lagos grin
Liar
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by naxclimpsey(m): 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
Erickymania:
. Plz allow me to like ur savage reply 1 million times. Guy, u really made my day. In fact, u made my entire weekend � � �

You self wicked bros grin grin grin
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by Ryan03(f): 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
Binikingdowm:
my point exactly.

Main Benin is oredo but due to developement, it's now eating different part of Edo south.

In 20 years time you'll be surprised seeing the whole of Edo south is now refer to as Benin
we dey talk about fine and more infrastructure not size
Re: Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) by JBoss25(m): 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
johnmattew:
most cities in South south and south east are trash and overrated...except Owerri,Calabar and maybe Uyo..

as a Nigerian deltan,who served in Ibadan,IB is far ahead of most cities in South south and south east,just that Ibadan people are too archaic..the city is far more developed than its residents

same way Lagos is overrated when compared Capitals of Gabon,Tanzania,Angola, equatorial guinea,ivory coast,Cape Verde etc
Ibadan?!!! Ehhhhnnnn?!!! Which weed you smoke bro e strong o? Ibadan that is brown roof republic of Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tourists Worldwide Flock To See This Strange Ice Volcano In Kazakhstan (Photos) / How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) / Coronavirus Scare: Masked Man Gets Seats All To Himself (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.