Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Catholics Please Help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Please Help (895 Views)

Leave Catholics Alone !!!!!: A Facebook User Cries Out / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics Please Help by Easybela(f): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2020
Please those of you that misplaced your baptism card,how did you go about it especially during your wedding. My wedding is coming up but my baptism card is missing, please any idea on how to go about it
Re: Catholics Please Help by Benty10(m): 11:03am On Jun 06, 2020
Minor issue, go to catechist of your parish and explain to him, he will know what to do...

1 Like

Re: Catholics Please Help by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
The place you did your baptism and obtained the card is where you should go. Carry some change, it could be required, just ask the parish secretary/catecist for guidance.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Please Help by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
Easybela:
Please those of you that misplaced your baptism card,how did you go about it especially during your wedding. My wedding is coming up but my baptism card is missing, please any idea on how to go about it
Why not just do a registry wedding? grin
Re: Catholics Please Help by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
Go to the parish where you did your baptism with details of the year and class for easy reference to your record file. They ll help you produce another card.

I thougt it's confirmation card that is usually required for wedding. Maybe things have changed though.
Re: Catholics Please Help by Easybela(f): 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
undecidedhmmmmm,I was born in Kaduna and was baptized there,going back there now looks very impossible,I just hope there are other ways
Eulalia:
Go to the parish where you did your baptism with details of the year and class for easy reference to your record file. They ll help you produce another card.

I thougt it's confirmation card that is usually required for wedding. Maybe things have changed though.
confirmation card and baptism card are all in one card,they are only demarkated separately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholics Please Help by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Easybela:
undecidedhmmmmm,I was born in Kaduna and was baptized there,going back there now looks very impossible,I just hope there are other waysconfirmation card and baptism card are all in one card,they are only demarkated separately.

Hmm... You will need to do a lot of convincing otherwise you'll be asked to repeat classes. Or even start all over in the new parish.

How about emailing your former parish to send a letter of attestation to the current parish that you did your baptism with them and authorize them to make a new one for you.

You should have their email or someone over there can help you do the runs. I know Catholic with all their protocols those days when people want to wed there. You go waka tire. I used to pity those aunties then.
Re: Catholics Please Help by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Was it infant baptism you did?
Anyways even at that, you obviously couldn't have done infant confirmation grin.
Okies.
Re: Catholics Please Help by Fourwinds: 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
Easybela:
undecidedhmmmmm,I was born in Kaduna and was baptized there,going back there now looks very impossible,I just hope there are other waysconfirmation card and baptism card are all in one card,they are only demarkated separately.
go back to that kaduna and get it... Look at my eyes or shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammed Remedy That Cures All Diseases Except Death / Happy Atheist Everyone / Spiritual Understanding Of Nigeria's Economic Woes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.