Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) (84533 Views)

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi / Kadaria Ahmed Has Hosted 3 Presidential Candidates & No One Is Talking About It / It’s Unfortunate That Obasanjo’s Beneficiaries Now Insult Him, Murray-bruce Reac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:
In the heat of the Niger Delta crisis, it was already beginning to affect global oil prices and threatened the reelection of George Bush Jr. He then asked Obasanjo to come to the US to see him. Obasanjo retorted that as at the time he (Obasanjo) was President for the first time, even George Bush's father had not become President. That of George Bush wanted to see him, he should come to Nigeria. Omo, George Bush Jr. ran to Naija o.

Besides that, even Ghafaffi came for an African Union summit in Abuja, he brought about 200 female bodyguards, all armed. Obasanjo ordered that if Ghafaffi wanted to step into Abuja, all his bodyguards should be disarmed. Ghafaffi threatened to trek from the airport to Abuja City centre in protest, Obasanjo didn't even answer him. They were disarmed and nothing happened.

During Obasanjo's time, the Queen of England also came to Nigeria for the CHOGM event. That event brought in dozens of foreign leaders.

Nigeria get mouth that time ohh
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Duru009(m): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
President Obasanjo still remains the best Nigeria president so far...

Although it has its flaws but is the best !

Take it or leave it !
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Androidlic: 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
for real
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by sircatherine45(m): 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
the mod wey ban me you'll never make it in life omo rada rada
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by TheAviator: 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

You are irredeemably stupid and you can never have sense in your miserable life. Read these links and see how you've made a fool of your stupid self.

https://allafrica.com/stories/200409300464.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/cchukudebelu/status/1142177111077216258
With what you just posted, you have confirmed your chronic and familial absurdity. Making reference to your generational miserable life and stupid self is highly reflective of who you are.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Benprass(m): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Righteousness89:
Obasanjo really had The Grace of GOD on Him..
bahuri has the grace of Satan
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by IgboSomalia: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Nigeria get mouth that time ohh

Back then, when Obasanjo goes to foreign countries, they give him the respect they give American Presidents. If you were in Abuja that time, almost every month, foreign Presidents are coming to Abuja.

Obasanjo that used to resolve presidential disputes in foreign countries. The President of Sao Tome and Principe came to see Obasanjo. While he was in Abuja, there was a coup in his country and he was removed. Obasanjo told him not to worry. Obasanjo took him back to Sao Tome and before they got there, the coup plotters had run away.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by IgboSomalia: 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
TheAviator:

With what you just posted, you have confirmed your chronic and familial absurdity. Making reference to your generational miserable life and stupid self is highly reflective of who you are.

This one is a smello. No knowledge, no facts, no sense. Eternal blockhead. No sensible contribution to the topic sef .
Get out jàre.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by JastSiryin(m): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
I must admit that in the first pic OBJ is oozing both swagg and class, goddamit! Jimmy Carter looks like his frigging butler cheesy
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by revolt(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
Obasanjjo still our best president. Capitalism at its peak in naija. The only way nigeria can succeed.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by karashita: 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:
In the heat of the Niger Delta crisis, it was already beginning to affect global oil prices and threatened the reelection of George Bush Jr. He then asked Obasanjo to come to the US to see him. Obasanjo retorted that as at the time he (Obasanjo) was President for the first time, even George Bush's father had not become President. That of George Bush wanted to see him, he should come to Nigeria. Omo, George Bush Jr. ran to Naija o.

Besides that, even Ghafaffi came for an African Union summit in Abuja, he brought about 200 female bodyguards, all armed. Obasanjo ordered that if Ghafaffi wanted to step into Abuja, all his bodyguards should be disarmed. Ghafaffi threatened to trek from the airport to Abuja City centre in protest, Obasanjo didn't even answer him. They were disarmed and nothing happened.

During Obasanjo's time, the Queen of England also came to Nigeria for the CHOGM event. That event brought in dozens of foreign leaders.

Somalian,you do well.Lol @ 'Bush ran to
Naija o and 'Obj didn't answer him.
Abeg no vex o....were you there? grin
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by captianfreeman(m): 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
Baba na CIA agent.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by MhizJoyce(f): 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
galaxy2020:
Baba hosted Gambia, Niger and Chadian presidents..... grin grin angry
Even Charles Taylor

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by adelaja70(m): 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
Donselekta:

Point of correction, George W. Bush never visited Nigeria during Obasanjo reign.
He did... I watched it live. The secret service guys were something else.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by TheAviator: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

This one is a smello. No knowledge, no facts, no sense. Eternal blockhead. No sensible contribution to the topic sef .
Get out jàre.
So, the thrash you wrote that Bush ran to Nigeria at Obasanjo's prompting because he needed to be reelected is knowledge, fact, and sense to you? If that's the definition of knowledge and facts to you, then I weep for you. As an unmitigated dumbo that you are, your abusive response to my comment is reflective of your cerebral deficiency.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by wink2015(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
NO AMERICAN PRESIDENT WILL VISIT AN ETHNIC BIGOT LIKE BUHARI WHO PROMOTES FULANIZATION AND NORTHERNIZATION AS A POLICY.

Obasanjo still has a lot of bad side but he still compromise.

Obasanjo respect the diversity of Nigeria and somehow he try to listen to all section of the country.

But it is not so with Buhari.

THE EDO STATE POLITICAL CRISIS INVOLVING OSHIOMOLE AND OBASEKI HAS CONTINUED WITHOUT ENDING BECAUSE OF THE PETROL BUHARI IS POURING ON THE MATTER FROM ASO ROCK.

Is that how a good President should behave?

Certainly not at all.

BUHARI HAS TRAVELLED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTRY BUT THE MAJOR WORLD LEADERS HAVE STEP BACK FROM HIM BECAUSE OF HIS NORTHERNIZATION POLICY.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Xfemt(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Can you please explain further, OVER WHAT? grin
Modified.
For being Corrupt and corruptible President
he made his Stan he won't visit due to corruption bit in d other hand Hillary Clinton came sectary to the united state

so now pmb has been here for 5years

which powerful person don't come see am cus I no were u re going
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by JastSiryin(m): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

So, I just wonder why they call us blacks and call themselves whites.

Even from the picture, OBASANJO is clearly BROWN and BUSH is clearly PALE.

WHY DID OUR STUPÎD FOREFATHERS NOW ACCEPT THAT STUPÎD SLAVE TAG OR IDENTITY as if it is normal.

Are people just pretending to be COLOURBLIND or just plainly stupîd?
is being called black bad?... It's however you make it. They're not actually white too. It only sounds nice because of the way they carry themselves
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by IgboSomalia: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
karashita:

Somalian,you do well.Lol @ 'Bush ran to
Naija o and 'Obj didn't answer him.
Abeg no vex o....were you there? grin

Try to read wide so that you won't be asking ridiculous questions.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cchukudebelu/status/11421771

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by hero2000: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Where did you get this drunken men gist? Where? Tell me.

POTUS will run to Nigeria because of oil price? Who is Nigeria in oil price matter? What is our market share globally?

If you want to market OBJ, please do so with facts not funny fables.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by TemmyT002(m): 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
Obasanjo get mouth
He is charming, very funny and disciplined. He tells things as it is.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Shattuck(m): 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

So after all these state visits, how have they impacted positively on the masses.

This man has been feeding fat on Nigeria's wealth for a long time.

Meanwhile, bubu after globetrotting round the universe, was only good at attracting South Sudanese, Libya, Chad etc.. Instead of attracting the likes of Trump, he was declared "lifeless" on national t.v by the same Trump

Bubu is a local champion swears.
hate speech lol
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by ZooOga: 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2020
did you know that u.s. presidents are at the beck and call of giant multinational oil majors?

do you remember that OBJ was the Nigerian political leader who served as military head of state (dictator) from 1976 to 1979 during Carter's term in office?

do you remember the Arab oil embargo that strongly affected the U.S. during the 1970s?

did you know/remember that former president clinton visited 9ja and went to the village for cleansing and juju when he was getting impeached?

did you know that former president bush's vice president richard cheney has a history with former vice president Atiku Abubakar ?

did you know former u.s. congressman william jefferson went to prison because of a bribery case involving one of Atiku's wives?

did you ever see a pic of Atiku's lovely mansion in the state of Maryland?

true history and facts.

let's debate them. wink
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by IgboSomalia: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
hero2000:

Where did you get this drunken men gist? Where? Tell me.

POTUS will run to Nigeria because of oil price? Who is Nigeria in oil price matter? What is our market share globally?

If you want to market OBJ, please do so with facts not funny fables.

You just made a fool of your self.

Try to read so that you won't sound stupid when you talk outside.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Irore: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
LukasPodolski:
In 2000, President Bill Clinton was the second president to visit Nigeria.

Photos of Clinton's great moments in Nigeria.
Was it when he had a few months to leave the white house?
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by karashita: 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Try to read wide so that you won't be asking ridiculous questions.

You must be stupid for spewing rubbish @me.If u read btwn d lines, you would know i asked in a lighter mood.I blame you?
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by IgboSomalia: 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
karashita:

You must be stupid for spewing rubbish @me.If u read btwn d lines, you would know i asked in a lighter mood.I blame you?

Stupid blockhead, your elders at home are stupid. Since they failed to educate you, I'm forced to clear your stupidity.

Pls, go and get educated and stop advertising your stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by karashita: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Stupid blockhead, your elders at home are stupid. Since they failed to educate you, I'm forced to clear your stupidity.

Pls, go and get educated and stop advertising your stupidity.

Kpele.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
zpakln:
Sorry for any trouble caused. Please send me your suggestions. I will pay attention to your suggestions and work to improving the app based on them.
Not in any way trying to ridicule ur work sir, but the speed at which I downloaded it ehen, I just wanted something simple, easy interface, all in one package, give us an option for streaming quality, and lastly I'm sure not every one will fancy the sign up idea... Thank u sir... More grace
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by holacorp(m): 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Just trying to reason y others don't have such recognition baba had. Uncommon grace.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by holacorp(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:

I remember vividly, a new building was built in few months at Akinola Aguda house in the villa to house mama Charlie (the Queen of England). Osinbajo resides in that compound presently.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by oluspicy: 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
Love him or hate him... he's the Ebora Òwu.

I remember how it was rumoured that Baba has the daily figures of all the egg from his poultry farm. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu And Wife, Uchechi Okwu Pictured In Bed (Photos, Video) / Daniel Amokachi Converts His G-Wagon Into A Campaign Vehicle For APC / Obaseki Unveils PDP Campaign Poster (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.