Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) (84555 Views)

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi / Kadaria Ahmed Has Hosted 3 Presidential Candidates & No One Is Talking About It / It’s Unfortunate That Obasanjo’s Beneficiaries Now Insult Him, Murray-bruce Reac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Hathor5(f): 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
Sexyjigga:

Let's just get married undecided

*Jagged edge voice*

grin

This is the only proposal I could ever accept. It must be this song or nothing. cheesy grin
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
DedeNkem:
Obasanjo had only 25,000.00 naira before he became president. In fact, he was very poor and his farm was almost nonexistent due to lack of funds! He was a failed farmer.

Fast forward to present day, he is the richest ex-president in Nigerian history! His farm was upgraded and it is operational.

He stole a lot of public funds. He was the most corrupt president ever. In fact, he makes Abacha look like a 'petit' thief. Yeah Nigerians are working in the farm though but ur granddad saint abacha took the money overseas we had to involve legal actions before we could get some with stringents condition shame on y'all

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by tunary(m): 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
paix:
Do you know how many Buhari will host?
Buhari will host 70 president, no doubt about that
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Sexyjigga(m): 8:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Hathor5:

This is the only proposal I could ever accept. It must be this song or nothing. cheesy grin

Come here, let me worship you smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBoX-wYhs-U

4 Likes

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nothing special about those visitations.

The Muritala Mohammed regime already had plans to conduct an election and bring the country to being a democratic country. When Muritala Mohammed was assassinated, Obasanjo came onboard and showed the will to carry on with his ex boss's plan. Of course, Nigeria was a country that everyone believed had the potential to be a great country at that time, so we had many admirers.

Then in 1999, Nigeria returned to civilian rule after 16 years of military rule. Of course, it is expected that all eyes would be on the civilian president who happened to be Obasanjo. With his accomplishment of returning to the country to civilian rule in 1979, it was expected that the world would have a lot of hope in him.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by hejr: 8:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
Hmmm. OBJ really had so much swags back then o.

https://motrendzz..com/
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by dewuyiebun: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
Those days they are looking for a way to gain from your resources but now Nigeria is like a garbage pail to them
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
LexngtonSteele:
grin

George to Obasanjo: " Bros Shege, owo da ?"

OBJ : "Gba sibe, Jojii Boo-shi!"

Take am dia, George Bush grin

grin You know one thing about this man is. He never sees another President anywhere superior to him.
It shows within his charisma.

He shakes them like one would shake his friend.
And discuss with confidence.

Obasanjo is a one of a kind.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Newboss(m): 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
corike:
. In 2020 see youth logical conclusion, better go & study international relationship you go understand how bad & backwards the dead man in babaringa in aso rock has taken this nation
The average Nigerian youth reasons like you. That's the root of Nigeria's problems. Stop playing catch ups. It's self defeating. You have all you need. It's in you. Self respect will earn you respect everywhere

BTW, I said nothing about anyone in Aso Rock
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by LexngtonSteele: 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

grin You know one thing about this man is. He never sees another President anywhere superior to him.
It shows within his charisma.

He shakes them like one would shake his friend.
And discuss with confidence.

Obasanjo is a one of a kind.

Succinctly put.

You would see the submissiveness in the body language of GEJ and Buhari with world leaders....

Folding hands , looking down and acting like houseboys.

I wonder what the fvck our protocol officers and aides do.

Someone is supposed to do a review and even show video tapes of what not to be done, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Newboss:

The average Nigerian youth reasons like you. That's the root of Nigeria's problems. Stop playing catch ups. It's self defeating. You have all you need. It's in you. Self respect will earn you respect everywhere

BTW, I said nothing about anyone in Aso Rock
. If u still have any living cell in ur brain u will understand the craz about your so called visit me mentality,
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Goke7: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Nah. His reason was CORRUPTION

I disagree, Obama just does not like Nigeria like many typical Africans do, Nobody holy pass. His going to Ghana was just to state his bias against Nigeria
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Onlyonebuhari: 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2020
Why won't they like him after ceding bakassi Peninsula to them.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by paix(m): 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
tunary:
Buhari will host 70 president, no doubt about that
How did you arrive at the number?
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by paix(m): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
corike:
. When? Maybe when is lying in the state.
In Katsina state you mean?
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
LexngtonSteele:

Succinctly put.

You would see the submissiveness in the body language of GEJ and Buhari with world leaders....

Folding hands , looking down and acting like houseboys.

I wonder what the fvck our protocol officers and aides do.

Someone is supposed to do a review and even show video tapes of what not to be done, etc.

You're right bro. I just didn't mention it because ppl would think you are siding one tribe against the other.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Newboss(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
corike:
. If u still have any living cell in ur brain u will understand the craz about your so called visit me mentality,
Wow. Typical Nigerian.
Thanks. Sure, I'm welcomed. Lol
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by tunary(m): 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
paix:
How did you arrive at the number?
Use ur head
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by omoelerin1: 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
Frankly speaking, Obasanjo is a personality that is well known and respected on the world stage. Little wonder, Nigeria's golden era in foreign policy was during Murtala/Obasanjo regime between 1975 to 1979. That was the period when Nigeria came to limelight and became a voice to reckon with in the international political arena due to radical foreign policy pursued by his regime.
Before he assumed office in 1999, the country was a pariah state, he was able to redeem the country's image and restore its position among the commity of nations. He pursued economic, shuttle, citizenship and military diplomacies. Played leadership role in Africa.
Unfortunately, since his his exit from power in 2007, Nigeria's image has been bartered, even in Africa. Since 1999, no administration has performed in the area of foreign policy, like Obasanjo's.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by darediamond(m): 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
SATANIIST:
there is nothing special about usa presidents
High
Because as U.S.A is, they are just workshop attendant.

U.S.A is owned by BRITAIN.

Who calls u.s.a a county?
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by ClitRaider: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
kikero:

It depends.

Trump hasn't visited any African country yet. so even IF Obasanjo was in power, a Trump visit might not be on the cards

Plus, Trump appears to be more isolationist than previous American leaders. He would only step out if it is very very important to the US (as he sees it)
It depends...
but if OBJ can host 3 of em, he can do Trump too.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by paix(m): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
tunary:
Use ur head
How do I use it?
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by xcelentattitude(m): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
donbachi:
Not even a pa to trump don visit buhari.

Haba! What of assistant P. A ? grin
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by TimmyA: 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
Great men associates or attract great men with great minds not some ...
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Itzonlyme(f): 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Can you please explain further, OVER WHAT? grin
Modified.
For being Corrupt and corruptible President

Because GEJ refused to accept gay marriage in Nigeria. He was under pressure to sign that shit into law, sister Bob risky for don marry since.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by JastSiryin(m): 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

This should answer your question:

Those terms, black, white, etc are racists agenda to perpetuate self dominance using the weakness of the human psyche. And they also strengthened this by adding religion to it with the general assumption that "God is white", "angels are white", "white is pure and black is evil", "Satan must be black", "Jesus and Moses are white (according to hollywood), etc. And subconsciously people believed these and started acting it out. Its centuries of mental programming.
I don't necessarily see anything racist about it. Black besides being used to describe evil is also used to describe mystery. Even the holy of holies that only the high priest was allowed to enter was dark/black. The term black and white are nothing but symbols, more so than a political tool. You should be more concerned about why most people are ignorant of this fact. Have you heard of the "Black Madonna"? It is a revered image of Catholicism. I'd say it again, black means to us how we see ourselves. Let's us build ourselves up and stop being ignorant.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by petrage(m): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
OP....that picture U posted of Bush and Obasanjo, was in the White House. Bush came to Nigeria during Umaru Musa Yar Adua.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by EPIJOE: 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

So after all these state visits, how have they impacted positively on the masses.

This man has been feeding fat on Nigeria's wealth for a long time.

Meanwhile, bubu after globetrotting round the universe, was only good at attracting South Sudanese, Libya, Chadian presidents etc.. Instead of attracting the likes of Trump, he was declared "lifeless" on national t.v by the same Trump

Bubu is a local champion swears.
. BROSS THIS TOO MUCH NA HABA!!
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by betterpikinn: 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
JastSiryin:
I don't necessarily see anything racist about it. Black besides being used to describe evil is also used to describe mystery. Even the holy of holies that only the high priest was allowed to enter was dark/black. The term black and white are nothing but symbols, more so than a political tool. You should be more concerned about why most people are ignorant of this fact. Have you heard of the "Black Madonna"? It is a revered image of Catholicism. I'd say it again, black means to us how we see ourselves. Let's us build ourselves up and stop being ignorant.
This your response doesn't not make any sense.
The person you quoted gave a very valid point of the misconceptions.
Why call Brown black and pale white?
If nothing is truly attached to the colours, why not just call yourself what you are?

Can a human have a black skin (coal) or white skin (snow or cloud)?

As a Christian, can you picture God or Jesus or angels in black or in black clothes?

That's to tell you that it's truly a sentimental tag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Kfed4ril(m): 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
LexngtonSteele:
cheesy

And dealt with one Biafuro President.

Biafra matter will kill you, that I’m very sure of.
You no de rest? You Dey always find way to attach Biafra to every topic, such obsession
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by LukasPodolski: 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
petrage:
OP....that picture U posted of Bush and Obasanjo, was in the White House. Bush came to Nigeria during Umaru Musa Yar Adua.
From U.S department of state.

https://history.state.gov/departmenthistory/travels/president/nigeria

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by LexngtonSteele: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Biafra matter will kill you, that I’m very sure of.
You no de rest? You Dey always find way to attach Biafra to every topic, such obsession

I didnt know I had such a loyal fan.

Need to get you an official car since you've nothing better than asslick me all day cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / Daniel Amokachi Converts His G-Wagon Into A Campaign Vehicle For APC / Obaseki Unveils PDP Campaign Poster (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.