Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) (84565 Views)

I’m Disappointed That Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Watching PDP Bleed – Sowunmi / Kadaria Ahmed Has Hosted 3 Presidential Candidates & No One Is Talking About It / It’s Unfortunate That Obasanjo’s Beneficiaries Now Insult Him, Murray-bruce Reac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Kfed4ril(m): 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
LexngtonSteele:

I didnt know I had such a loyal fan.

Need to get you an official car since you've nothing better than asslick me all day cheesy

Ode do you know what asslicking mean?
What you and your people are doing to buhari despite his glaring failures is what we call ass licking.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by LexngtonSteele: 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Kfed4ril to his useless homosexual father:

Ode do you know what asslicking mean?
What you and your people are doing to buhari despite his glaring failures is what we call ass licking.

Yes. You are a bonafide, certified loyal asslicker of mine.

You are so jobless, you stalk all my comments, reading them with religious fervour.

While I sadly don't know you exist.... so pathetic grin

Now cry more. It's amusing grin
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by haryorbarmie83(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
Before any Nigeria president will break this record, I can't say in another world, not this Nigeria again.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Unrated900(m): 5:14am On Jun 07, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It seems like all the US Presidents on official visit to Nigeria were all hosted by Obasanjo.

Obasanjo is a very diplomatic man of international acceptance and recognition, and very proactive. He knows how to fight for us outside Nigeria (not mentioning Bakassi Peninsula anyway).
I can remember how he was globetrotting when he became the president in 1999 and appealing to the Nigerians in diaspora, giving them the hope of better life at home.

Nigerians were not treated badly, killed and victimized outside our shores when he was the president like how it is nowadays.

This days the president can’t even evacuate its citizen in some covid 19 pandemic country.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by JastSiryin(m): 6:33am On Jun 07, 2020
betterpikinn:

This your response doesn't not make any sense.
The person you quoted gave a very valid point of the misconceptions.
Why call Brown black and pale white?
If nothing is truly attached to the colours, why not just call yourself what you are?

Can a human have a black skin (coal) or white skin (snow or cloud)?

As a Christian, can you picture God or Jesus or angels in black or in black clothes?

That's to tell you that it's truly a sentimental tag.
Well, i want to assume he got my point. He had earlier made it seem as if we'd gotten the short end of the stick by being labeled black. But that's perfect okay!

"Why can't we call ourselves by what we are?" That's a good question. The answer is, we cant!!! And that's because we're naturally programmed to recognize distinction. It through this ability we're able to study the natural world, by picking apart and labeling. It's no suprise we did the same to ourselves. We may be humans in the broad sense, but we're not the same.

Labeling us black was the first step the foreigners took at understanding what was to them, a strange people. What would the explorers had told their kinsmen back home on returning? That they just saw humans? Nah bro, that doesn't make sense.

We don't see ourselves as being one or the same, that's just thr plain truth. And there are alot of sound reasons why. What you're subscribing would only work in a Utopia.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 07, 2020
Hotspotbro:
I was shocked today seeing a Brazilian speak yoruba on facebook. All his posts were Yoruba

Oh they love the language over there. Met a Brazilian at Bank of America that spoke Yoruba to me even told me they practice our traditional religion over there

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by m140(m): 7:12am On Jun 07, 2020
Righteousness89:
Obasanjo really had The Grace of GOD on Him..
Na the man supposed do this country

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by m140(m): 7:20am On Jun 07, 2020
IgboSomalia:
In the heat of the Niger Delta crisis, it was already beginning to affect global oil prices and threatened the reelection of George Bush Jr. He then asked Obasanjo to come to the US to see him. Obasanjo retorted that as at the time he (Obasanjo) was President for the first time, even George Bush's father had not become President. That of George Bush wanted to see him, he should come to Nigeria. Omo, George Bush Jr. ran to Naija o.

Besides that, even Ghafaffi came for an African Union summit in Abuja, he brought about 200 female bodyguards, all armed. Obasanjo ordered that if Ghafaffi wanted to step into Abuja, all his bodyguards should be disarmed. Ghafaffi threatened to trek from the airport to Abuja City centre in protest, Obasanjo didn't even answer him. They were disarmed and nothing happened.

During Obasanjo's time, the Queen of England also came to Nigeria for the CHOGM event. That event brought in dozens of foreign leaders.
He was supposed to change Nigeria for good, cus he has everything a leader should, he just no do am
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by betterpikinn: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2020
JastSiryin:
Well, i want to assume he got my point. He had earlier made it seem as if we'd gotten the short end of the stick by being labeled black. But that's perfect okay!

"Why can't we call ourselves by what we are?" That's a good question. The answer is, we cant!!! And that's because we're naturally programmed to recognize distinction. It through this ability we're able to study the natural world, by picking apart and labeling. It's no suprise we did the same to ourselves. We may be humans in the broad sense, but we're not the same.

Labeling us black was the first step the foreigners took at understanding what was to them, a strange people. What would the explorers had told their kinsmen back home on returning? That they just saw humans? Nah bro, that doesn't make sense.

We don't see ourselves as being one or the same, that's just thr plain truth. And there are alot of sound reasons why. What you're subscribing would only work in a Utopia.

You're very wrong dude in my opinion and this your assertion does not make sense.
Why is every race now not been labelled by the "colour of their skin"?
Why are Asians called Asians?
Indians called Indians?
Koreans, Japanese etc.
Why was the Latin speaking people not given a colour label? Why are they called Latinos?

I hate being called black and I take serious offense to being called black because I am BROWN and not BLACK. It's unfortunate that this so-called whiteshave brainwashed a lot of people for long through langauge, literature, films, myths and even religion. To us, it now seems normal.
That's why it would seem very ackward in our imaginations to see God or Jesus or angels being black or wearing a black robe.

They have always depicted the black and white colours with ulterior motives and for that reason,

People shouldn't even be labelled based off colour.
It is very wrong.
It dehumanizes people.
Calling brown people black and making the colour black bad just causes people to psychologically associate us with bad.
I take offense to it and not because I think the colour black is bad. I don't think a colour can be good or bad. But being that this culture always makes black bad and white good in every form and instances then, I think it is wrong to call anyone black or even white.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:08am On Jun 07, 2020
kikero:

Regarding Bakassi, there was nothing Obasanjo could do.
The thing is, we should never have gone to the International Court...because the weight of paper evidence was heavy against us.But Abacha, in order to cool tensions in 1994, decided to go to court, we did our best, but we lost in 2002.
Refusing to honor the judgement would have created more palaver.

I think it predates the international court saga, there was a written agreement about ceding the said land. During the civil war, Cameroon was to obstruct Biafran soldiers from bringing in weapons and in return, have the land given to them
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Adeboyeobj: 8:10am On Jun 07, 2020
Lol
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Hathor5(f): 9:09am On Jun 07, 2020
Sexyjigga:

Come here, let me worship you smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBoX-wYhs-U

You are a dangerous man. cheesy grin kiss

3 Likes

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Spaxon(f): 10:37am On Jun 07, 2020
Nigeria was once respected
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by MCIU: 11:17am On Jun 07, 2020
IgboSomalia:
In the heat of the Niger Delta crisis, it was already beginning to affect global oil prices and threatened the reelection of George Bush Jr. He then asked Obasanjo to come to the US to see him. Obasanjo retorted that as at the time he (Obasanjo) was President for the first time, even George Bush's father had not become President. Estelle Berglin “Swealife” – Julius Dein’s Girlfriend That of George Bush wanted to see him, he should come to Nigeria. Omo, George Bush Jr. ran to Naija o.

Besides that, even Ghafaffi came for an African Union summit in Abuja, he brought about 200 female bodyguards, all armed. Obasanjo ordered that if Ghafaffi wanted to step into Abuja, all his bodyguards should be disarmed. Ghafaffi threatened to trek from the airport to Abuja City centre in protest, Obasanjo didn't even answer him. They were disarmed and nothing happened.

During Obasanjo's time, the Queen of England also came to Nigeria for the CHOGM event. That event brought in dozens of foreign leaders.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by planetx: 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
The first, 9th and 11th pictures were taken in the white house oval office not Nigeria.
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Karac: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
A US president will come visiting when a Yoruba man becomes Nigeria president again.wink
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by dboo442: 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
At least bubu host Athony Joshua and his bet kia SMH i shake my headgrin
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by zoezoelogistics(m): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Righteousness89:
Obasanjo really had The Grace of GOD on Him..

I am sure you must have read about his story. In case you have'nt, let me share it with you.

He once lived with his grand father who was a member of a local church in the village.
The church was in need of drums, so they asked for contributions from the members, none was received.
So, his grandfather offered to help by securing a loan. But he had no means of repaying back the loan.
So the creditor demanded for manual labour in return for the loan, he (Obasanjo) offered to go offer the manual labour for a number of years.
He got back after serving out the number of years agreed.
Ever since, his live has been a testimony. From one level of glory to another.

Just like the story of Dangote, who had an encounter with Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa.
Idahosa had a missionary visitor who came with his wife (TL Osborn and his wife Daisy Osborn)
When they were departing, they got to the airport to discover that there was no seat available and the plane was the last one for the day.
The implication was that only the couple would not be able to make the journey.
The alternative option was for 2 passengers to come down to give room for the couple.
Hence, the later option was explored.
To achieve this, Bishop Idahosa, came on board, personally pleaded with everyone to help.
No one offered to come down except Dangote & his assistant.
There and then, Bishop Idahosa prayed for him, saying "If i be a man of God, the whole world shall stand up for you".
Read the story here : http://sundayadelajablog.com/must-see-benson-idahosa-blessed-prophesied-young-aliko-dangote-t-l-osborn-connection-5/

Lesson:
Sacrifice is a tool/weapon that does not fail.
God does not owe any man, he repays you for every labour of love you sow.
God is a respecter of PRINCIPLE and not persons.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
zoezoelogistics:

I am sure you must have read about his story. In case you have'nt, let me share it with you.

He once lived with his grand father who was a member of a local church in the village.
The church was in need of drums, so they asked for contributions from the members, none was received.
So, his grandfather offered to help by securing a loan. But he had no means of repaying back the loan.
So the creditor demanded for manual labour in return for the loan, he (Obasanjo) offered to go offer the manual labour for a number of years.
He got back after serving out the number of years agreed.
Ever since, his live has been a testimony. From one level of glory to another.

Just like the story of Dangote, who had an encounter with Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa.
Idahosa had a missionary visitor who came with his wife (TL Osborn and his wife Daisy Osborn)
When they were departing, they got to the airport to discover that there was no seat available and the plane was the last one for the day.
The implication was that only the couple would not be able to make the journey.
The alternative option was for 2 passengers to come down to give room for the couple.
Hence, the later option was explored.
To achieve this, Bishop Idahosa, came on board, personally pleaded with everyone to help.
No one offered to come down except Dangote & his assistant.
There and then, Bishop Idahosa prayed for him, saying "If i be a man of God, the whole world shall stand up for you".
Read the story here : http://sundayadelajablog.com/must-see-benson-idahosa-blessed-prophesied-young-aliko-dangote-t-l-osborn-connection-5/

Lesson:
Sacrifice is a tool/weapon that does not fail.
God does not owe any man, he repays you for every labour of love you sow.
God is a respecter of PRINCIPLE and not persons.

I have not heard about this obasanjo story but I am not Suprised ! It's only Grace that will take a man in Prison to Presidency!

I know of that of Dangote!
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I think it predates the international court saga, there was a written agreement about ceding the said land. During the civil war, Cameroon was to obstruct Biafran soldiers from bringing in weapons and in return, have the land given to them

Sorry, nothing about that.

Bakassi has always been counted as part of Cameroon

In 1962, Nigeria confirmed its approval of the results of the plebiscite in a Diplomatic Note No. 570 of March 27, 1962 to Cameroon, which included a map showing Bakassi in the newly unified Cameroon. From then on, until the 1990s Nigeria would have no serious administrative or military presence in the peninsula. [Even the much-touted ‘Bakassi local government’ was only created in 1997, a full three years AFTER the case at the ICJ had begun]. During the first republic, in addition to the Embassy in Yaounde, however, Nigeria opened a consulate in Buea, capital of the Southern Cameroons - now Western Cameroon. Presumably this was in recognition of the large number of Nigerians living in the region, even after the plebiscite.
[/quote]

So, in other words five years before the Civil War, Bakassi was determined to be part of Cameroon.

There was some discussion about Bakassi after the war...but it was not about the peninsula itself

When the Nigerian delegation got back to Nigeria, interested parties, unsatisfied with the decision to use the 1913 Treaty as the legal paradigm (and unaware that the Balewa government had long settled this issue), approached the Foreign Minister, Dr. Okoi Arikpo. Arikpo, a sophisticated anthropologist and lawyer, who was himself from South-Eastern state, asked then Attorney General Teslim Elias for a formal legal opinion on the matter to guide him in making recommendations to the Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon. The Nigerian Mission at the UN was also contacted to clarify whether residents of the Bakassi peninsula had taken part in the 1961 plebiscite. [b]On September 3rd, 1970 Teslim Elias, Nigeria's Attorney General who was also a Professor of Law at the University of Lagos and former academician at Oxford University, wrote his landmark legal opinion (see legal opinion here). Unambiguously, he stated "This Ministry has given a most careful consideration to the whole question in the light of all the available evidence, and the conclusion is that there is no legal basis for Nigeria’s claims to the Bakasi peninsula for the reasons stated herein........According to the information received from the Federal Directorate of Surveys, the Bakasi Peninsula has never been included as part of Nigeria in the administrative maps of Nigeria since the then Southern Cameroons ceased to be part of Nigeria in 1961. Also, the Northern Region, Western Region and Eastern Region (Definition of Boundaries) proclamation 1954 (L. N. 126 of 154) showed the Bakasi Peninsula as forming part of the then Southern Cameroons. Moreover, by a Diplomatic Note No, 570 of March 27, 1962, from your ministry to the embassy of the Cameroons in Lagos, to which was attached a map prepared by the Federal Surveys, Nigeria recognized the Bakasi Peninsula as forming part of the Cameroons."Arikpo supported Elias and recommended that Gowon not pursue the peninsula itself as an issue during boundary meetings with Ahidjo. Gowon was advised to focus on the maritime border - as defined by the 1913 Anglo-German Treaty - whenever he eventually met with Ahidjo. That is what Gowon did[/b].

Subsequently, the UN plebiscite report arrived from New York - accompanied by a ward and polling station map - showing villages in the peninsula as locations of polling stations during the 1961 plebiscite. In fact a majority of residents there voted - along with the rest of southern Cameroons - not to join Nigeria. This political information merely confirmed the legal views of those who felt the matter should not be pursued. (Note that there is no such thing as a “Bakassi Village”. Bakassi is an area. Without a map one would not know which villages fall where. In interpreting it, the migrant nature of the fishing settlements should also be noted.)

In other words, Gowon focused on the maritime border. Bakassi itself was legally part of Cameroon. ....as at 1970/71. The discussions therefore focused on the maritime border.

Bakassi was never part of Nigeria, or Biafra at all.

Source: The Bakassi Story
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
kikero:

Bakassi was never part of Nigeria, or Biafra at all.

Source: The Bakassi Story

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
LexngtonSteele:
grin

George to Obasanjo: " Bros Shege, owo da ?"

OBJ : "Gba sibe, Jojii Boo-shi!"

Take am dia, George Bush grin

OBJ is a good friend to the bush family.He also help in planting their family business in Nigeria (Halliburton).
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by tunary(m): 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
paix:
How do I use it?
You can reset the use of your brain by pleading with a friend to hit your head with an iron object, then your brain will begin to function automatically without stress
Re: Did You Know That Obasanjo Hosted 3 American Presidents? (Throwback Photos) by paix(m): 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
tunary:
You can reset the use of your brain by pleading with a friend to hit your head with an iron object, then your brain will begin to function automatically without stress
Without stress INDEED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / Obaseki Unveils PDP Campaign Poster (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.