Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,697 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Audi Cars In Movies - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi Cars In Movies (1621 Views)

Things No One Tells You About Audi Cars. / Any Good Mechanic For Audi Cars / Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audi Cars In Movies by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 07, 2020
If you are movie enthusiast, this exciting piece will really interest you enough to make social distancing worthwhile experience for you. audi has come up with 15 recommended films for car lovers across the planet where their models are featured.

For the past 40 years, audi and movies have had lots of works together. One of these popular films that took the cinema by storm was the ‘ET. The Extra-Terrestrial” in 1982 where the audi 5000 came into limelight. Since then, newly released audi models have featured in many big screen movies.
For the movie titled ‘Ronin’, audi S8 was captured in one of the biggest chase scenes of all time in that cult classic. Another surprising twist was the movie ‘Insider’ in 1999 where the audi A4 sedan was seen. In 2003, the audi tt Roadster was featured in ‘Legally Blonde 2’ where the automaker created the Candy Blue exterior colour just for that movie. audi later made this colour available for order after the movie.

Since we have taking these models and films on chronological order, the late 2000s really led to many appearances for the German car manufacturers in big screens. The `audi A3 in 2006 was driven by Lois Lane in Super man Returns, audi A5 by Jason Bourne in the Bourne Ultimatum (2007), audi models like Q7, S5 and R8 in the original Iron Man Movie in 2008, S8 and audi A3 Sportback in Taken (2008) and the film titled ‘ American’ also welcomed the audi A5 Sportback in 2010.

In 2013, the audi A8 and R8 Spyder were featured in Wolverine, audi S6 and A5 Cabriolet made appearance in Transformers (Age of Extinction, 2014), A3, S8,S7,Q7 and R8 Spyder in the movie Fifty Shades of Grey and the new tt Roadster and A8 in Spiderman (Homecoming, 2017). The popular movie Avengers also featured the e-tron GT concept and e-tron Sportback concept in its 2019 Endgame. The Spiderman ‘Far from Home’ also featured the A7, Q8 and e-tron.

We are not done yet; the Hitman 2015 featured the red audi RS7 and all the Transporter movies where Jason Statham starred. What we realized in these movies is that; audi models are super-fast, reliable and flexible enough to do unimaginable stunts. If you doubt us, you can check out these movies and don’t forget Captain America (Civil War), where bunch of audi models were seen.

Re: Audi Cars In Movies by uboma(m): 7:24am On Jun 07, 2020
I have seen a couple of these movies (a good marketing strategy by Audi/Volkswagen) and yes, Audi cars are super fast and rugged too but here in Nigeria, we lack competent/technical hands to make them run optimally when they start to fail. Owning one used to be on my bucket list but I have been discouraged with users experience.

cc:

Greatbrian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audi Cars In Movies by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2020
uboma:
I have seen a couple of these movies (a good marketing strategy by Audi/Volkswagen) and yes, Audi cars are super fast and rugged too but here in Nigeria, we lack competent/technical hands to make them run optimally when they start to fail. Owning one used to be on my bucket list but I have been discouraged with users experience.

cc:

Greatbrian

Same. I started looking at a C7 A6 a few days ago. Perfect car. Very reliable by most accounts, plenty of power, luxurious, etc. But eh, I've never seen one on the streets, and those who own modern Audi's in Nigeria only have terrible stories to tell.

Wonder why. Wonder if it's a self-reinforcing issue.

Person buys Audi>No capable technicians or parts>Car gets abused>Negative feedback from owners>Makes others not buy it>No technicians or parts>Person buys Audi.

And on, and on. Pretty sad, since they're actually great cars. I also wonder if Nigerian fuel is an issue here.

1 Like

Re: Audi Cars In Movies by uboma(m): 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Same. I started looking at a C7 A6 a few days ago. Perfect car. Very reliable by most accounts, plenty of power, luxurious, etc. But eh, I've never seen one on the streets, and those who own modern Audi's in Nigeria only have terrible stories to tell.

Wonder why. Wonder if it's a self-reinforcing issue.

Person buys Audi>No capable technicians or parts>Car gets abused>Negative feedback from owners>Makes others not buy it>No technicians or parts>Person buys Audi.

And on, and on. Pretty sad, since they're actually great cars. I also wonder if Nigerian fuel is an issue here.

The A6 series have always captured my attention.
I hope the circle gets broken for good.

I wish Siena would return from his self imposed exile. His knowledge on Audi and other Volkswagen trims is top-notch

1 Like

Re: Audi Cars In Movies by yungboss(m): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Someone gave me an s6 on nairaland too, for N900k! Though used, wanted it for just the thrill of a V8 wagon
But I wasn't comfortable...according to him, it was as good as a newly imported used one. Inside was clean and all...but again, car was in lagos.
https://www.nairaland.com/4626319/2003-audi-s6-car-sale#69515087

1 Share

Re: Audi Cars In Movies by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
Audi a6 3.2 FSI quattro is one of the rugged sedans ever made.

Use recommended oils, have your vagcom and have someone from itire for parts on speed dial. U will never drive a toyota again.

Q7 3.6 liter engine FSI is also another good product. Cant say for any other.
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by uboma(m): 5:32am On Jun 08, 2020
yungboss:
Someone gave me an s6 on nairaland too, for N900k! Though used, wanted it for just the thrill of a V8 wagon
But I wasn't comfortable...according to him, it was as good as a newly important used one. Inside was clean and all...but again, car was in lagos.
https://www.nairaland.com/4626319/2003-audi-s6-car-sale#69515087

Very clean car. Was it because of the distance that prevented you from buying it?

Have you noticed that Audi have nicely shaped wagons? Just like the BMW too. I have never fancied the Mercedes Benz C 180 wagon.
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by yungboss(m): 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
uboma:

Very clean car. Was it because of the distance that prevented you from buying it?

Have you noticed that Audi have nicely shaped wagons? Just like the BMW too. I have never fancied the Mercedes Benz C 180 wagon.
Sure, beautiful car. Someone showed me a B4 S4 in Benin too...cheap, N400k...in 2015. I'm not really an Audi fan but I'd like to own them at some time In future...
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by ojeysky(m): 7:21am On Nov 18, 2020
Audi a6 3.2 FSI quattro is one of the rugged sedans ever made.

Use recommended oils, have your vagcom and have someone from itire for parts on speed dial. U will never drive a toyota again.

Q7 3.6 liter engine FSI is also another good product. Cant say for any other.

I have this 08 enroute for grabs. It's my first time of buying an Audi but the engine and interior just caught my attention

Re: Audi Cars In Movies by greatbrian(m): 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
uboma:

cc:

Greatbrian

Audi remains the best car any car person can get talk of speed balance ruggedity and beauty... Though due to the mechanical knowhow you are at tendency of spending thousands of naira for repair. but trust me the drive is worth every cent. what I did now is get a comprehensive diagnosing kit and that as helped a billion fold in taking care of this babies of mine. can't wasn't to cruise My new Audi collection next week after custom clearance
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by greatbrian(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
ojeysky:

I have this 08 enroute for grabs. It's my first time of buying an Audi but the engine and interior just caught my attention

Price
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by uboma(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
greatbrian:

Audi remains the best car any car person can get talk of speed balance ruggedity and beauty... Though due to the mechanical knowhow you are at tendency of spending thousands of naira for repair. but trust me the drive is worth every cent. what I did now is get a comprehensive diagnosing kit and that as helped a billion fold in taking care of this babies of mine. can't wasn't to cruise My new Audi collection next week after custom clearance

Good one.

Please keep me posted, I will love to see your new Bae.
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by greatbrian(m): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
uboma:

Good one.

Please keep me posted, I will love to see your new Bae.

Deltel posted on my other thread. Already in Nigeria awaiting discharge and custom duty
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by uboma(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
greatbrian:

Deltel posted on my other thread. Already in Nigeria awaiting discharge and custom duty

Seen the engine bay and mileage (not bad at all).

Congratulations! Send me some bottles of Heineken during the celebration.
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by kingreign(m): 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
From a technical standpoint of view, an Audi is very complex, tasking and unforgiving to work upon. The timing belt and Serpentine belts of most of them are on the firewall. Meaning, you must take off front radiator headlamp support bracket, pull out engine from bay and then do such works which are seemingly simple on other cars. Then is the issue of their engines and electronics with very light tolerances. They don't accept any little err. Any err on them, they'll bite you and they'll bite you so so hard.
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
greatbrian:

Del.tel posted on my other thread. Already in Nigeria awaiting discharge and custom duty

uboma:

Seen the engine bay and mileage (not bad at all).

Congratulations! Send me some bottles of Heineken during the celebration.

Me too. I want a bottle of Glenfiddich.
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by greatbrian(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Me too. I want a bottle of Glenfiddich.

When you should be sending me some VSOP first grin. How is that baby though
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:47am On Nov 19, 2020
greatbrian:

When you should be sending me some VSOP first grin. How is that baby though

cheesy

Coming along nicely. wink
Re: Audi Cars In Movies by ojeysky(m): 9:15am On Nov 19, 2020
greatbrian:

Price

2.2m contact for price if you want to clear yourself

(1) (Reply)

Theft! Too Common With Toyota Especially Corolla And Camry / Jiji Or Cheki??? / Car Key Gets Stuck In The Ignition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.