Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,943 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape (4728 Views)

Soldier Beats & Disgraces A Lady For Indecent Dressing In Ogun State (Photo) / Soldier Flogs A Woman In Beere, Ibadan For 'Indecent' Dressing (Video) / Woman Kicked Out Of Plane After Passengers Complained Of Her "indecent" Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by AdamsAbubakar(m): 4:21am On Jun 07, 2020
The truth should be the world's most bitter pill. When some of us maintain that indecent dressing is one of the causes of rape, some cyber attackers are quick to conclude that we are 'rape apologists.' They are quick to declare that babies and hijabis get raped too. Someone even poised that why are women not raped in beaches for dressing indecently? Of course the rapists are not really dumb to that extent, for they know they will be mobbed instantly by people there for attempting a criminal act. While it is true that babies and hijabis get raped, we must not forget that indecent dressing is not the only cause of rape, but just one out of many other reasons why it is perpetrated by rapists. Recent revelations show that some rapists heartlessly have carnal knowledge of babies because they were instructed by a spiritualist/babalawo/boka to do so in order to make quick money.
Ever wondered why a country like Saudi Arabia records as low as 0.2% of rape cases per year? Some may think it is because of their laws, but that is not the reality. A high level of morality and decency has been inculcated in these people. The punishment for rape under Islamic Law differs among scholars. It may include exile, crucifixion, amputation of legs or killing of the rapist if they used weapons on their victim(s) and threatened them.
A country like the US where rape is a heavy crime, and women supposedly have 'freedom' records one of the highest rates of rape in the world. Al-Jazeera reported in 2016 that more than 100,000 American women are raped yearly. This number would have greatly increased.
It is a well-known fact that a 'rugged dressing' by a female can easily arose a man's libido. When you wear a sexy dress, you are not only looking supposedly attractive but sexually inviting to predators who may not be nice enough to ask for your consent. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines sexy as "sexually suggestive or stimulating". This is exactly how you appear when you dress 'sexy.'
Contrary to the death penalty some are advocating for, the truth is, death penalty will never solve the problem. We have many bodies in Nigeria for example designed to fight corruption which is still thriving in all sectors. More attention should be given to the root of a problem. It is not until it grows into a tree that we will start thinking of which axe will be sharper to cut it down. Since the society is a product of various homes, the fight against rape should start from the root, our homes — charity they say begins at home. Parents should therefore be able to properly discuss sex education with their children and let them know that rape is wrong. If this is done to a good extent, we can start talking about the sanction/punishment which is secondary.
In conclusion, this post does not in anyway justify rape like some will say. It only points out a reason why it happens. To justify means to prove or show to be just, right, or reasonable. When you say bad roads cause accidents, you don't mean accidents are right or reasonable. It does not also mean you are oblivious of other causes of accident like alcohol, bad car condition or reckless driving. You are only speaking out against the bad roads and suggesting that they be fixed so that there will be less accidents.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by iceboy4752(m): 4:35am On Jun 07, 2020
That's just it. I don't know why we fail to admit this. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by ayaside(m): 4:38am On Jun 07, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
The truth should be the world's most bitter pill. When some of us maintain that indecent dressing is one of the causes of rape, some cyber attackers are quick to conclude that we are 'rape apologists.' They are quick to declare that babies and hijabis get raped too. Someone even poised that why are women not raped in beaches for dressing indecently? Of course the rapists are not really dumb to that extent, for they know they will be mobbed instantly by people there for attempting a criminal act. While it is true that babies and hijabis get raped, we must not forget that indecent dressing is not the only cause of rape, but just one out of many other reasons why it is perpetrated by rapists. Recent revelations show that some rapists heartlessly have carnal knowledge of babies because they were instructed by a spiritualist/babalawo/boka to do so in order to make quick money.
Ever wondered why a country like Saudi Arabia records as low as 0.2% of rape cases per year? Some may think it is because of their laws, but that is not the reality. A high level of morality and decency has been inculcated in these people. The punishment for rape under Islamic Law differs among scholars. It may include exile, crucifixion, amputation of legs or killing of the rapist if they used weapons on their victim(s) and threatened them.
A country like the US where rape is a heavy crime, and women supposedly have 'freedom' records one of the highest rates of rape in the world. Al-Jazeera reported in 2016 that more than 100,000 American women are raped yearly. This number would have greatly increased.
It is a well-known fact that a 'rugged dressing' by a female can easily arose a man's libido. When you wear a sexy dress, you are not only looking supposedly attractive but sexually inviting to predators who may not be nice enough to ask for your consent. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines sexy as "sexually suggestive or stimulating". This is exactly how you appear when you dress 'sexy.'
Contrary to the death penalty some are advocating for, the truth is, death penalty will never solve the problem. We have many bodies in Nigeria for example designed to fight corruption which is still thriving in all sectors. More attention should be given to the root of a problem. It is not until it grows into a tree that we will start thinking of which axe will be sharper to cut it down. Since the society is a product of various homes, the fight against rape should start from the root, our homes — charity they say begins at home. Parents should therefore be able to properly discuss sex education with their children and let them know that rape is wrong. If this is done to a good extent, we can start talking about the sanction/punishment which is secondary.

#SayNoToRape
#SayNoToIndecency

© A.A Isa
Saturday, 6th June, 2020.
What will you say about those who dress decently at all times but still get raped? Just asking...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by BlueAir: 4:54am On Jun 07, 2020
sad That one is caused by other factors of rape! Let's be flexible in thinking.there can't be only one reason for rape or crime
ayaside:

What will you say about those who dress decently at all times but still get raped? Just asking...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by TUANKU(m): 4:59am On Jun 07, 2020
So why do women who are dressed fully covered including putting on a hijab still get raped?
Using your analysis, why does Saudi Arabia even record a rape case since their women are fully covered from head to toe?
Why do we have Hausa girls who dress up with ankara wrapper and head tie still get raped?
Why are minors raped? Cases of toddlers, 2 year olds are raped, is it that their diapers is also indecent dressing?
You the op are such a big idiot, it's quite obvious you are either a rapist or paedophile or even both and going by your name and previous posts am not surprised.
I hope your mother or sister gets raped brutally and let's see if you will still post this rubbish.
Thunder fire you stupid pig.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by TUANKU(m): 5:04am On Jun 07, 2020
BlueAir:
sad That one is caused by other factors of rape! Let's be flexible in thinking.there can't be only one reason for rape or crime
Other factors like what? Flexible in thinking? Do you even have a brain to think?
You're just an idiot with internet access and nothing more.
Even if common sense fall on your lap you won't recognize it.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by ayaside(m): 5:11am On Jun 07, 2020
BlueAir:
I was only going by the topic. I know there are many reasons for rape that can be defined in one word; The Perpetrator. It doesn't matter if it is a man or woman.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by johnkey: 5:11am On Jun 07, 2020
See that fool up there forming activist, nobody is supporting rape why the fück can't you guys reason well for once, someone's advising young ladies to stop dressing indecently as it can actually reduce these rape cases and you're masturbating on his opinion, okay when you born daughter you can start telling her to walk naked on the street mtchew stupid people thinking they smart na your types dangote trailer suppose dey waste for road.

13 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by BlueAir: 5:16am On Jun 07, 2020
sadWrong. As far as rape is concerned,all reasons for rape go both ways ,both perpetrator and victim. Indecent dressing and poor security measures by victim , psychological deficiency and low self esteem is just one of the many reasons from both sides of the coin.its never wise to aportion blame or solution to one side. Am I seriously going to be lecturing on this simple flexible matter? And op write up is just based to explain how indecent � contributes to it.nothing else
ayaside:

I was only going by the topic. I know there are many reasons for rape that can be defined in one word; The Perpetrator. It doesn't matter if it is a man or woman.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by johnkey: 5:21am On Jun 07, 2020
BlueAir:
sadWrong. As far as rape is concerned,all reasons for rape go both ways ,both perpetrator and victim. Indecent dressing and poor security measures by victim , psychological deficiency and low self esteem is just one of the many reasons from both sides of the coin.its never wise to aportion blame or solution to one side. Am I seriously going to be lecturing on this simple flexible matter? And op write up is just based to explain how indecent � contributes to it.nothing else
thank you exactly my point, bad people are everywhere but it's also our responsibility to avoid them... Seems someone got conceived through rape, I can see painment everywhere on this thread lol.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by BlueAir: 5:34am On Jun 07, 2020
grin ur life and destiny has clearly been raped already by poverty and stupidityy.anyway take care of ur pained heart
TUANKU:

I pray your mother gets raped then you will receive sense by force.
You are lower than a dog.
Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by BlueAir: 5:35am On Jun 07, 2020
grin he's obviously a fool and stupid person to engage sensible talks with.just abandon him when u can. U don't know where he got his data from grin
iceboy4752:

Fool, you're sounding childish and seem to suffer from comprehension disorder. Little wonder why the op's post says you cyber attackers fools tend to label us 'rape apologists'.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by AdamsAbubakar(m): 5:37am On Jun 07, 2020
TUANKU:
So why do women who are dressed fully covered including putting on a hijab still get raped?
Using your analysis, why does Saudi Arabia even record a rape case since their women are fully covered from head to toe?
Why do we have Hausa girls who dress up with ankara wrapper and head tie still get raped?
Why are minors raped? Cases of toddlers, 2 year olds are raped, is it that their diapers is also indecent dressing?
You the op are such a big idiot, it's quite obvious you are either a rapist or paedophile or even both and going by your name and previous posts am not surprised.
I hope your mother or sister gets raped brutally and let's see if you will still post this rubbish.
Thunder fire you stupid pig.

Thank you Tuanku Mr. Stupid Pig. While I wait for your thunder to fire me, I employ you to kindly read the post again. It seems you didn't understand before commenting sir.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by TUANKU(m): 5:39am On Jun 07, 2020
BlueAir:
grin ur life and destiny has clearly been raped already by poverty and stupidityy.anyway take care of ur pained heart
Why are you rape apologists triggered when your family members are used as examples?
You don't like it?. Stupid animal, your mother should have been forced to have an abortion.
Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by AdamsAbubakar(m): 5:40am On Jun 07, 2020
BlueAir:
grin he's obviously a fool and stupid person to engage sensible talks with.just abandon him when u can. U don't know where he got his data from grin

I won't be surprised if he's one of those children that were driven away from SS3 by corona virus.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by TUANKU(m): 5:40am On Jun 07, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Thank you Tuanku Mr. Stupid Pig. While I wait for your thunder to fire me, I employ you to kindly read the post again. It seems you didn't understand before commenting sir.
I hope your mother is a victim of rape soon and see if you will find a justification.
You think you have sense? Village mgbeke.
How are we sharing same country with these gausa/Fulani people? You animals clearly should be in a country of your own so you can rape and molest in the name of religion, wonder why vvf is common among you lot. Disgusting
Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by ayaside(m): 5:43am On Jun 07, 2020
BlueAir:
Let's just agree to disagree on this matter.
Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by AdamsAbubakar(m): 5:48am On Jun 07, 2020
TUANKU:

I hope your mother is a victim of rape soon and see if you will find a justification.
You think you have sense? Village mgbeke.
How are we sharing same country with these gausa/Fulani people? You animals clearly should be in a country of your own so you can rape and molest in the name of religion, wonder why vvf is common among you lot. Disgusting

I'm not Hausa or Fulani you dummy!
Your hope is a hopeless one you dummy!
You don't have sense you dummy!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by BlueAir: 5:50am On Jun 07, 2020
grin Omo mehnn this ur bad energy and craze swing is funny sha.u sure say one Lebanese barber for high brow area in Lagos didn't try to rape u recently? grin
TUANKU:

Why are you rape apologists triggered when your family members are used as examples?
You don't like it?. Stupid animal, your mother should have been forced to have an abortion.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by BlueAir: 5:51am On Jun 07, 2020
Sure
ayaside:

Let's just agree to disagree on this matter.
Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by iceboy4752(m): 5:52am On Jun 07, 2020
xendra:
NO IT IS NOT

a rapist is just a rapist. nothing has to trigger them they only take advantage of whoever is available be it a girl, woman, grandmother, baby, boy or even animal. Stop making excuses for them. when I swear for rapists I don't forget to swear for everyone making excuses for them to suffer the same fate.

This isn't making excuses for them. When you say bad roads and alcohol are the cause of road accidents, it doesn't mean you are making excuses for road accidents or trying to justify it. It only means you are trying to pinpoint some reasons why it happen. If that reason is addressed, there will be a little reduction in the rate of road accidents.

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by BlueAir: 5:53am On Jun 07, 2020
grin the way I see this one.he hasn't reached close to ss3 .his thinking capacity and error is equivalent to that of millenniumlady and co
AdamsAbubakar:

I won't be surprised if he's one of those children that were driven away from SS3 by corona virus.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by TUANKU(m): 5:53am On Jun 07, 2020
BlueAir:
grin Omo mehnn this ur bad energy and craze swing is funny sha.u sure say one Lebanese barber for high brow area in Lagos didn't try to rape u recently? grin
Product of inbreeding, your father is your mother's elder brother so am not surprised.
Scum of the earth.
Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by xendra: 5:56am On Jun 07, 2020
lies

all these rapist looking for an excuse, it's the laws in Saudi Arabia that reduced rape cases not decent dressing.

Indian women don't wear scanty clothes yet the rape case there is more because there is no law.

So children and babies also get raped because diapers are too scanty abi
what about guys that gets raped? and animals too

all rapist and rapist apologists una no go die well. Oloun

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by TUANKU(m): 5:58am On Jun 07, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

I'm not Hausa or Fulani you dummy!
Your hope is a hopeless one you dummy!
You don't have sense you dummy!
You're those Yoruba or Kogi hypocritic Muslims i guess.
How long have you been sexually abusing under age kids?
Stupid human justifying rape.
The toddlers or 8 year olds that are raped do they dress indecent too?.
I need to start harvesting the ip's of animals like you for proper identification, too many of you rapists on this forum.
Re: Opinion: Indecent Dressing Is Really One Of The Causes Of Rape by AdamsAbubakar(m): 6:05am On Jun 07, 2020
xendra:
lies

all these rapist looking for an excuse, it's the laws in Saudi Arabia that reduced rape cases not decent dressing.

Indian women don't wear scanty clothes yet the rape case there is more because there is no law.

So children and babies also get raped because diapers are to scanty abi

all rapist and rapist apologies una no go die well. oloun

The punishment in Saudi Arabia is not harsh compared to other countries. Is life imprisonment or death sentence not worse than exile? Saudi Arabia records very low levels of various crimes including rape. Their morality is one of the key factors. The post said ".. Indecent dressing is not the only cause of rape.." I don't know why you intentionally ignored that part.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunfight Between Police And Armed Robbers Leaves 10 Dead (graphic Photos) / See Why Access Bank Is Trending Online. Funny And Annoying Scenes / Man Pictured Kissing An Underage Girl.see Reactions(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.